j

Ryon

1 hour ago, TopKirby8305 said:

Apparently the guy does a lot of martial arts in real life so he doesn't exactly have extra time to sit down and iron out all these problems.  The guy actually takes time out of his day to make characters for me and other people too on the side!

So before people start ripping into him with "Oh his hitboxes are BAD, or this is misaligned, or his body looks weird, blah blah blah...." take that stuff above into account.  If you want to fix all these gripes yourself and make Chu's characters that much better then go right ahead, no one is stopping you....but just stop with the harsh critiques.  x.x;

I wouldn't recommend you to put yourself first above everyone. He clearly didn't make the char for only yourself. That speaks about having serious ego problems.

Without criticism, there's no evolution in your work.

Also, if he practices martial arts or not doesn't make it an excuse to rush his work. People will always criticize because most people expect from the author/artist an improvement of its work. Sure, it's up to him if he wants to improve of not, but he would be committing the same mistakes over and over otherwise.

You can tell us we can fix the char if we wanted to, and while that's true, the responsibility always falls into the actual creator instead of the editor.

I actually like this character, I wanted to see her in Mugen, and the whole Frozen being overrated thing doesn't bother me, he needs to just learn from his mistakes and improve upon them, I'm surprised that she's got all these problems but you know, he did a good thing for the Frozen fans, just like Bayonetta, I'm glad for the people who wanted to see her made that even if it's need a lot of improvement, Elsa's in Mugen, she was bound to be created sometime.

Chuch did a good thing, and for the haters you can use her as a training dummy so that's a plus for them, so in my eyes, he just needs to fix those problems, every character has problems, none of em are perfect, you just gotta keep improving and learning from your mistakes, I really should be a creator, I could help if I understood all these components. But I still feel bad for Chuch, his Mac's got issues, and so does this char, but it's like a beta. This is my opinion only and there's nothing wrong with me liking the char, and I completely agree with what TK says, try to be nice with the criticism, please?

If you hate me for defending all this, I apologize, I just see Mugen as some fun engine. I'm not a creator, but everyone doesn't need to be to understand the true issues, I hope Chuch sees all this commotion, he needs to announce this stuff himself so he could discuss the problems. But with only around 100 or so sprites, she's not even done, but you cant just jump to conclusions from that alone, she's gonna be updated sometime. But this whole thing just needs fixes, or editors.

Just from everyone's responses, that's all I have to say on this, I was afraid to even respond, but I had to.

17 minutes ago, SSBK65 said:

Just from everyone's responses, that's all I have to say on this, I was afraid to even respond, but I had to.

Its cool man! Even I have nothing against the character as i said before at least chuchoryu tried but some people have a point though if you are making/converting a character for mugen you have to learn from your mistakes and correct those errors especially if you are doing more then one projects. its best to take your time (even if it take you half a year) and do all the basics and codings right. its the best way in doing this. :goodmood:

6 minutes ago, Nobunobu said:

I do believe I stated something.

2 hours ago, Nobunobu said:

With that said, direct the topic towards the character, its flaws, etc.

My bad! ..:-P

lol bullied. Its anything but bullying. If you havent noticed he dosent care for any real feedback(He himself even said this) at all he just puts random crap out that probably took what 5-10 minutes to make? So, if you honestly think that defending him is any good SSBK65 then go ahead. Im jut telling ya right now your not really doin' much.

15 hours ago, SSBK65 said:

I know but I just wanted to share my opinions on other things, I hate seeing people get bullied in an way in real life or on the Internet, I have to deal with it a lot but that's what I wanted to say, that's all.

Is it bad for me to talk about my looks on this char? I apologize, I just don't like how this char is seen because of what its from, and who made it, I'm just saying that you all should be a little nicer with our posts, all this needs is someone who knows what they're doing.

This mentality needs to stop please stop doing this. You can't be overly positive about ppl's work regardless what it is thats not how it works. They need the critique to IMPROVE. I don't like his work either but it has potential if he would actually stop to listen to the feedback. You on the other hand constantly do this. We can be negative about a character if its bad or has issues. Why do you think we can't?

If you think this is bad you should of been around when ryon had to make a rule about bashing a creator as a person not just their work.

Yeah, criticism isn't necessarily bad; heck, criticism can be insanely harsh, but as long as it's constructive, the creator can learn from it. If everyone simply said 'nice char +1', then how is the creator supposed to improve their character? There's absolutely no need to sugar-coat your constructive criticism just because you're afraid the creator will take offence; if they do, then they personally need thicker skin.

In short: the more people tear the character apart and show its flaws, errors, bugs and whatever else, the more the creator can improve.

I understand, he doesn't even care about feedback, that's unfortunate. You can't help someone if they cant help themselves, I need to look at all the qualities of a creator before I start talking. It's my fault for not knowing that he ignores feedback.

as long as you understand that, thats great. its not your fault for not knowing its your fault for ignoring the fact that everyone was telling is all. Hopefully you can be a tad bit critical of work now its not bad to have some sort of standards you know?

I get you, I just see Mugen as some novelty thing to mess around with, but it's more than that, everything isn't gonna be perfect, and it needs criticism, all the negativity just makes me feel bad, but it doesn't matter to me now what you say about her, if the creator wants to do it their way, then that's that.

21 minutes ago, SSBK65 said:

all the negativity just makes me feel bad, but it doesn't matter to me now what you say about her, if the creator wants to do it their way, then that's that.

I don't see why you are taking this too hard.  It's just a silly hobby.

5 minutes ago, Dizzy™ said:

I don't see why you are taking this too hard.  It's just a silly hobby.

Exactly, Mugen is a free 2d fighting simulation program where anybody can use, edit and create addition content to it (good and bad)

Its pretty much a hobby as Dizzy said. so it no big deal.

3 minutes ago, SSBK65 said:

It's just a bunch of fictional nonsense, but I'm obsessed over these things. Everyone needs to just get back to talking about Elsa, because this isn't about me. I get myself in too many problems but I'm fine now, don't worry about it.

Im glad you are Man! :goodmood:

@Laharl

I notice you skipped right on past

-TopKirby

-TrafalgarLaw

-Dizzy

-Weiss_Circal

-Nobunobu

-Magic Toaster

-SSBK

AND AFTER YOU spoke on everybody staying on topic, SSBK and Dizzy STAYED off-topic. Now if youre going to be a fair or decent mod at all, you will also hand out warning points to all of them as well. And ESPECIALLY the FIRST poster off topic.

(no disrespect or hate to any of you guys, all the love in the world for real)

But nope, nope, you skip over ALLLLL of this, just for me. Youre showing youre not a fair mod, or even a decent one, you show favoritism where your buddies can do as they wish, and you got a penchant for singling out. Ryon and Ryoucchi are some of my best friends and taught me almost everything I know about mugen, but they dont let me, or anyone, get away with any failings. Hmmm, by their standards. Wouldnt it be best to be like them?

You need to take being a mod with some professionalism, and stop acting like a bitter highschool girl. Youre a mod, this is a nice site for hobbysts and friends alike. So, take some pride and do a FAIR and halfway decent job. Singling out one person out of a crew is not a good look and makes the site look like a place where only a special group of people can do as they please regardless of rules.

5 hours ago, Mʀ. Stᴇal-Yoᴜʀ-Waifᴜ said:

@Laharl

I notice you skipped right on past

-TopKirby

-TrafalgarLaw

-Dizzy

-Weiss_Circal

-Nobunobu

-Magic Toaster

-SSBK

AND AFTER YOU spoke on everybody staying on topic, SSBK and Dizzy STAYED off-topic. Now if youre going to be a fair or decent mod at all, you will also hand out warning points to all of them as well. And ESPECIALLY the FIRST poster off topic.

(no disrespect or hate to any of you guys, all the love in the world for real)

But nope, nope, you skip over ALLLLL of this, just for me. Youre showing youre not a fair mod, or even a decent one, you show favoritism where your buddies can do as they wish, and you got a penchant for singling out. Ryon and Ryoucchi are some of my best friends and taught me almost everything I know about mugen, but they dont let me, or anyone, get away with any failings. Hmmm, by their standards. Wouldnt it be best to be like them?

You need to take being a mod with some professionalism, and stop acting like a bitter highschool girl. Youre a mod, this is a nice site for hobbysts and friends alike. So, take some pride and do a FAIR and halfway decent job. Singling out one person out of a crew is not a good look and makes the site look like a place where only a special group of people can do as they please regardless of rules.

actually this isn't your first offense, Secondly toaster and kai are mods as well and was trying to explain to ssbk. as for the others they were still on topic about the creator and his creations you however posted "gay guys arguing" video that contributes literally nothing. if you really want to get technical I let your first one slide but then you did it again in the SAME thread. I am not singling anyone out. Kindly stop trying to defame my mod capabilities thank you.

On 1/7/2016 at 2:00 PM, Dizzy™ said:

And what are other creators doing? Sorry pal, but it's not going to work here. Also, I wouldn't put myself first than everyone else here if I were you.

At this point, you're showing nothing but being a defensive fanboy, and I don't blame you for it, but you have to understand that every creator/artist/author will eventually get criticized for better results. It will continue to exist in any community, especially in this community, and you have to accept that like it or not.

Do or say what you will but my opinion will not change.  Not everyone's heart is gonna be made of metal to take the harsh critiques.  Just try to keep that in mind please.  >.>

Anyways, I'm done here....I like the character and think the sprite work is good.  

Why did I call all of this being moved to this thread?

More importantly, why do people even praise sloppy characters (Haven't tested her out, but she's been dissected sufficently)? A.I isn't what automatically makes a character good.

31 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

sadly...... -_-

I mean come on man we all need to do better then this...

Seconded, I guess. See that thing in your mind other people? That's a brain filter. Use it.

2 minutes ago, Ink Renegade W' said:

Why did I call all of this being moved to this thread?

Cause all the post that some of us made was off-topic from the thread unfortunately.....

5 minutes ago, Ink Renegade W' said:

See that thing in your mind other people? That's a brain filter. Use it.

thanks! ill keep that in mind.