[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Noob, can I just say one thing.

NEVER fight me with an all Eeveeon team. EVER! *Rants on about how much he hates the Eevee line.* Also, if you're gonna beat me, at LEAST let me kill ONE of them!

Yeah, I know I sound like a total prick right now, but the Eevee line is a huge trigger for me. Please don't use them.  

Yeah, that does make you sound like a total prick. That's like saying I won't fight anything with a Pokédex number above 151.

You can't restrict what people use online just because you don't like them. I don't like Talonflame, but...

In other news, while I don't go easy on people (because I don't know how to, lol), I don't use the strongest things ever (heck, not even a Mega). Yes I use Garchomp and Togekiss, but I use them for my own reasons and not because Smogon loves them.

I could create a new team, but finding stuff I both like and I can find a use for is a tad difficult.

You can't restrict what people use online just because you don't like them. I don't like Talonflame, but...

Good point. when it comes to Online battles expect the unexpected you going have to deal with the pokemon that people will have for battle even if they have overpower pokemon.

Though the only thing thats funny to me is when I battle somebody that has Legendary/Mystic pokemon against my Eevee Evos Online I end up winning at the end and sometimes they "throw the towel" because they couldn't believe they getting beat by regular pokemon. LOL! XD

[edit post]

@GarchompMatt: By the way did you Breed some cyndaquil? I'LL trade you an eleckid (when I breed some) for one if you have the time. :goodmood:

Yeah, that does make you sound like a total prick. That's like saying I won't fight anything with a Pokédex number above 151.

The Eevee line is a serious trigger for me, as I said. Not only are they some of the ugliest Pokemon to date, All 9 of them (IMO) but everyone is godly obsessed with them. They're like the My Little Pony of Pokemon. They're Pokemon that, in general, piss me off just looking at them, let alone battling them. And what REALLY adds insult to injury is when Noob ended up sweeping my entire team with them. If I see someone using an Eeveeon, I'm not even gonna bother battling them. What do people have against leaving a battle? Isn't it better to do that then to make yourself more and more frustrated by forcing yourself to watch all your Pokemon die without even a snowball's chance?

You may think it's pathetic to hate a Pokemon that much, but like I said, it's a chain reaction of the fanbase and not liking the characters themselves to begin with. I don't like Eevees just like people don't like My Little Pony or Sonic The Hedgehog or whatever.

Most of the Eeveelutions aren't even that great, save for Espeon and possibly Sylveon. Jolteon and Vaporeon still see some useage but they're both mostly UU now (they can still be OU viable but they have more running against them this gen), along with Umbreon. And Flareon still sucks even with Flare Blitz thanks to its extremely shallow physical movepool; the only notable physical moves it gets outside of Flare Blitz are Superpower, Return/Facade, and... Bite. This thing really misses having physical Shadow Ball from Gen 3 otherwise it would have decent near-perfect type coverage.

Most of the Eeveelutions aren't even that great, save for Espeon and possibly Sylveon. Jolteon and Vaporeon still see some useage but they're both mostly UU now (they can still be OU viable but they have more running against them this gen), along with Umbreon. And Flareon still sucks even with Flare Blitz thanks to its extremely shallow physical movepool; the only notable physical moves it gets outside of Flare Blitz are Superpower, Return/Facade, and... Bite. This thing really misses having physical Shadow Ball from Gen 3 otherwise it would have decent near-perfect type coverage.

But what about Leafeon and Glaceon?

But what about Leafeon and Glaceon?

Both sit in NU because they have nothing to really make them viable in higher lever play.

Choice specs Glaceon might make it in UU but the only thing I see going on for Leafeon is if you're running dual screens or a baton pass sword dancer which there are way better options.

Leafeon can also pass for a cleric with Heal Bell and Wish, but there's usually better Pokemon for that role, notably Sylveon, Umbreon, and Vaporeon. If you're desperate you COULD try to fit it on a sun team with Chlorophyll (Adamant Leafeon with 0 speed EVs can outspeed neutral natured base 175 speed pokes, and with 136 speed EVs can outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf Terrakion), but considering the nerfs to the weather abilities and the prevalence of stuff like Talonflame it won't be as effective as it could have been last gen. The other thing holding it back is the fact that its list of viable physical moves is just as bad, if not worse, than Flareon.

Glaceon did get a small buff in the fact that Shadow Ball now hits steels for neutral damage, but it suffers from similar, albeit special and slightly more expansive, movepool issues. Unlike Leafeon and Flareon however, it can at least take advantage of Hidden Power.

Of course I bred a bunch of Cyndaquil. All inferior to my Overblaze though, so yeah :P

Got any starters? Mudkip perhaps? Don't really need Elekid :3

Ok! I'll breed some Mudkip for ya for Cyndaquil Matt

The Eevee line is a serious trigger for me, as I said. Not only are they some of the ugliest Pokemon to date, All 9 of them (IMO) but everyone is godly obsessed with them. They're like the My Little Pony of Pokemon. They're Pokemon that, in general, piss me off just looking at them, let alone battling them. And what REALLY adds insult to injury is when Noob ended up sweeping my entire team with them. If I see someone using an Eeveeon, I'm not even gonna bother battling them. What do people have against leaving a battle? Isn't it better to do that then to make yourself more and more frustrated by forcing yourself to watch all your Pokemon die without even a snowball's chance?

MugoUrth The only reason I use Eevee Evos is not because I favored them, I just want to see how they are as a team. As I told Ricepigeon and others before this is my first time in the pokemon game series that i was able to raise all Eevees, and I just trying to learn how each of them work out in battle. Also as the others said about them they are by truth not that strong you think they are because these type of pokemon rely on mainly strategy to win battles.

Ex: When I go against Rice's or Matt's Garchomps My Eevees don't stand a chance against them the fact It has Superior Attack and Speed. Sure Sylveon,  Espeon, and Vaporeon may have an advantage but they lack of physical defence and speed meaning Garchomp can destroy them before they even touch it or lucky enough to get a hit(or critical) on it and since Garchomp is Ground type it can't be Poisoned or Paralyzed by Jolteon or Umbreon but it can be Burned but a slight chance that will happen since Flareon lacks speed so pretty much instant KO when Garchomp Uses Earthquake. However the only way my Eevees can deal with Garchomp is mainly on team (double and triple) Battles but it requires good strategy to deal with since I learned that from my last battles with Matt.

So all I am saying man is you have to know in battles especailly online when to strategize because some people won't give you any let-up so you need to find ways to win. Trust me I lost many times but I stiil battle to become more better and to me thats pretty Fun. :awesome

The important thing (which I think Noob's starting to understand) is that when you lose, to understand why you lost. Best method imo, which was originally posted on Smogon iirc, was that when you build a team and battle with it, record each of your battles and delete only the ones where you win, keeping the vids of your losses. Once you get around 10 losses, start watching each of those videos and study them to get a better understanding of why you lost, and will be easier to spot mistakes. At this point you'll then be able to decide if you need to work on your prediction or if you need to tweak your team/movesets. Prediction is key, but that's something else entirely.

since Garchomp is Ground type it can't be Poisoned

:awesome

Ground types can still be poisoned. Burning and/or Pokes with high physical defense are usually the way to go against Garchomp, even against the Mega form although you still have to be careful of its increased offensive potential. Ice attacks, typically Ice Shard, is also the way to go if you plan on scoring a KO on a weakened (Mega)Garchomp or at least force it to switch out, and one of the reasons why Mammoswine is still such a good Pokemon aside from being one of the few Ice types that doesn't get neutered by Stealth Rock and being neutral to Fire and resisting Ice if running a Thick Fat variant (although the buff to Oblivious makes it a worthy contender, making him an even better Stealth Rock setter now that Oblivious blocks Taunt)

Ok! I'll breed some Mudkip for ya for Cyndaquil Matt

MugoUrth The only reason I use Eevee Evos is not because I favored them, I just want to see how they are as a team. As I told Ricepigeon and others before this is my first time in the pokemon game series that i was able to raise all Eevees, and I just trying to learn how each of them work out in battle. Also as the others said about them they are by truth not that strong you think they are because these type of pokemon rely on mainly strategy to win battles.

Ex: When I go against Rice's or Matt's Garchomps My Eevees don't stand a chance against them the fact It has Superior Attack and Speed. Sure Sylveon,  Espeon, and Vaporeon may have an advantage but they lack of physical defence and speed meaning Garchomp can destroy them before they even touch it or lucky enough to get a hit(or critical) on it and since Garchomp is Ground type it can't be Poisoned or Paralyzed by Jolteon or Umbreon but it can be Burned but a slight chance that will happen since Flareon lacks speed so pretty much instant KO when Garchomp Uses Earthquake. However the only way my Eevees can deal with Garchomp is mainly on team (double and triple) Battles but it requires good strategy to deal with since I learned that from my last battles with Matt.

So all I am saying man is you have to know in battles especailly online when to strategize because some people won't give you any let-up so you need to find ways to win. Trust me I lost many times but I stiil battle to become more better and to me thats pretty Fun. :awesome

It's not so much that they're strong, though. I just really don't like them. It has nothing to do with losing to them so often.

The important thing (which I think Noob's starting to understand) is that when you lose, to understand why you lost. Best method imo, which was originally posted on Smogon iirc, was that when you build a team and battle with it, record each of your battles and delete only the ones where you win, keeping the vids of your losses. Once you get around 10 losses, start watching each of those videos and study them to get a better understanding of why you lost, and will be easier to spot mistakes. At this point you'll then be able to decide if you need to work on your prediction or if you need to tweak your team/movesets. Prediction is key, but that's something else entirely.

But how will it help me if I'm cleanswept every single time and never actually get a chance to see what I'm doing wrong? Too many battles I go into, my Pokemon are always being cleanswept in one shot, even from Not Effective moves, which tells me NOTHING about why I'm losing.

Also, I don't want ALL my videos to be losses.

Ground types can still be poisoned. Burning and/or Pokes with high physical defense are usually the way to go against Garchomp, even against the Mega form although you still have to be careful of its increased offensive potential. Ice attacks, typically Ice Shard, is also the way to go if you plan on scoring a KO on a weakened (Mega)Garchomp or at least force it to switch out, and one of the reasons why Mammoswine is still such a good Pokemon aside from being one of the few Ice types that doesn't get neutered by Stealth Rock and being neutral to Fire and resisting Ice if running a Thick Fat variant (although the buff to Oblivious makes it a worthy contender, making him an even better Stealth Rock setter now that Oblivious blocks Taunt)

Really!? I thought poison dosn't effect Ground-types unless its by an attack poison move.

and I didnt know Oblivious ability blocks 'Taunt'. Thanks for the tip  Rice :goodmood: .

It's not so much that they're strong, though. I just really don't like them. It has nothing to do with losing to them so often.

But how will it help me if I'm cleanswept every single time and never actually get a chance to see what I'm doing wrong? Too many battles I go into, my Pokemon are always being cleanswept in one shot, even from Not Effective moves, which tells me NOTHING about why I'm losing.

Also, I don't want ALL my videos to be losses.

Maybe you need raised their stats alittle. for instance did you try out the 'Super Training' mini-game ? It helps boost the stats of pokemon its a better way then giving them vitamins also have you been finding most of the TMs in the game cause you be surprise what moves your pokemons can learn besides their regular move types.Also you need to know thier strong points Like Blastois has good Physical attack but it has Great special attacks stat meaning moves Like Ice-beam, Aura sphere, Dark pulse, Hydro pump will pack a punch even when some pokemon are not too effective by it.

Really!? I thought poison dosn't effect Ground-types unless its by an attack poison move.

and I didnt know Oblivious ability blocks 'Taunt'. Thanks for the tip  Rice :goodmood: .

Maybe you need raised their stats alittle. for instance did you try out the 'Super Training' mini-game ? It helps boost the stats of pokemon its a better way then giving them vitamins also have you been finding most of the TMs in the game cause you be surprise what moves your pokemons can learn besides their regular move types.Also you need to know thier strong points Like Blastois has good Physical attack but it has Great special attacks stat meaning moves Like Ice-beam, Aura sphere, Dark pulse, Hydro pump will pack a punch even when some pokemon are not too effective by it.

Yeah, I've been thinking of putting more time into Super Training. That might help.

Super Training shouldn't be used as a permanent replacement for vitamins, as they both accomplish the same thing. 10 vitamins is 100 EVs, which reduces your super training workload for that stat to 152 EVs (or 13 Level 3 super training regiments), plus, Vitamins are dirt cheap with the bargain O-power at max level.

Super Training shouldn't be used as a permanent replacement for vitamins, as they both accomplish the same thing. 10 vitamins is 100 EVs, which reduces your super training workload for that stat to 152 EVs (or 13 Level 3 super training regiments), plus, Vitamins are dirt cheap with the bargain O-power at max level.

That true Its also cheaper to get vitamins if you have alot of BP :goodmood:

Well, my Grumpig has Odd Incense to help boost his psychic abilities, but that's about it. (I know I shouldn't be using Grumpig competitively.) The rest are pretty much Mega Stones and money boosters.

Ok but keep in mind in online battles you can only have one pokemon hold a mega-stone. so you might want to consider giving your other pokemon to hold items like Berries for recovery or items that can boost thier Defence or Attacks.

[latetotheparty]Not liking a design=trigger. Yeah, no.[/latetotheparty]

I'd rather end the discussion, so I'll message you in your profile feed instead.

BTW, I already managed to trade a Haunter with someone from Spain, but if you want to trade Haunters anyway, Noobie, you're welcome to do so. Also, I'll add you Ricepigeon.