[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Another weakness, power creep, Pokémon that can do what Gallade does but better...

I'm sure there's more than that. It's kinda sad, really. Gallade is awesome :c

EDIT:

Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament, those mysterious trademarks from last year, have now also been trademarked in Europe.

"Power Creep?"

3DS release or I officially hate Nintendo for torturing me with my dream game on a system I'm probably not going to get in a long time.

Power Creep. Yeah. Remember when the average move used to be 70-80 power? Or perhaps when the more powerful moves had no added bonuses? Yeah, Power Creep.

Wii U's a bit lacking as of late, but I'm sure some good titles will find their way to the system... unless it does a "Wii" and has a pretty "meh" library of games over its lifetime. If the screenshots are related to the title, I'd imagine it's for the Wii U.

Whatever happened to Gallade anyway? It was a top dog in Gen 4 and since then I just haven't seen it since.

Gallade was never a "top dog". The highest tier Gallade was ever in was BL in Gen 4, all that means is that statistically he was UU, but was too good for the UU environment so he was banned from there. And even in Gen 4 OU, he's currently at a C-rank viability, which isn't too great (at least hes not D rank like Hawlucha is).

so yeah, Gallade was never a "top dog"

Alpha Sapphire is scary. Unless they changed the cries (or don't do a mascot cry on title screen thing), nobody's going to want to "press start".

KOYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUHHH!!!

I would, I always loved to hear Groudon's cry when you press start dialga on the other hand... too whippy. lol

I don't understand why they did that. I loved that rival battle in red and fire red. :l My guess is your where suppose to fight blue/gary in this game, cuz a lot of the cafes in luminose city talk about him being there and there is even a female npc in a pokemon center who talks about teaching in french then saying smell ya later, oh well damn shame.

yeah balanced EV spreads like that haven't been seen since Gen 1-2, and only because those games didn't have a total EV limit and the way EVs were gained were based on the base stats of the pokemon being fought, rather than static values assigned to each Pokemon. It was a completely different system and part of the reason why Gen 2 -> Gen 3 compatibility doesn't exist.

Chesnaught prefers 252 HP/ 252 Def anyway :p

All that's left is to figure out how IV's work...

Its simple. For Gen 3-6, whenever you catch a Pokemon, the game randomly generates a value between 0 and 31 for each of the six stats. In Gen 6, certain Pokemon such as stationary Legendaries, wild baby Pokemon, and Pokemon caught in Friend Safari are guaranteed to have at least 3 (Legendaries & Babies) or 2 (Friend Safar) of their stats set to 31. These values are set in stone as soon as you encounter/receive the Pokemon, and cannot be changed without hacking. These values, in conjunction with the Pokemon's base stats and EVs, are used to determine the Pokemon's actual stats using the following formulas:

HP stat = (IV+(basestat*2)+int(EVs/4)+100)*(level/100)+10

All other stats = ((IV+(basestat*2)+int(EVs/4))*(level/100)+5)*nature

Assuming neutral natures, at level 100 these formulas simplify to the following:

HP stat = IV+(basestat*2)+int(EVs/4)+110

All other stats = (IV+(basestat*2)+int(EVs/4)+5)*nature

At level 100, this has the effect of essentially adding 1 stat point for each IV in that stat. A level 100 Pokemon with an IV of 0 in any given stat will essentially have 31 points less in that stat than if the Pokemon had the maximum value of 31.

In Gen 1-2, the formula is more or less the same, except for the following differences:

• IVs only range from 0-15, rather than 0-31, so the IV is multiplied by 2 in the above formulas.
  • Natures didn't exist, so there is no modifier
  • Sp.Atk and Sp.Def use the exact same IV, as opposed to having separate IVs like in Gen 3 onward. This was done to retain compatibility with Gen 1.
  • While the HP stat has its own IV, it is directly determined by the other four IVs in the following manner:
    • If the IV value for Special is odd, add 1, otherwise add 0.
    • If the IV value for Speed is odd, add 2, otherwise add 0.
    • If the IV value for Defense is odd, add 4, otherwise add 0.
    • If the IV value for Attack is odd, add 8, otherwise add 0.
  • Because of the way the EV system works in Gen 1-2, the value for EVs that is calculated in the stat formula instead uses sqrt(EV)/4. The reason for this is due to the fact that EVs in Gen 1-2 ranged from 0-65535, as opposed to 0-255 in later generations.

Thanks for the rundown, Rice. I only assumed you could increase it by battling... But, as soon as you said "These values are set in stone as soon as you encounter/receive the Pokemon, and cannot be changed without hacking." I was like "Fuck." D;

I still wanna test Chespin in a 1 v 1 battle with someone...

There is one way to exert control over IVs, and that's through breeding.

Under normal circumstances, when you breed two Pokemon, the offspring will have a total of 3 IVs randomly inherited from either parent and the rest are randomly generated (in Emerald, Diamond, and Pearl, a bug exists where the offspring can potentially inherit the same stat more than once, leading it to only inherit a total of 1 or 2 IVs). Utilizing a Power Item on one of the parents such as Power Anklet will guarantee that that specific IV from that parent is passed to the offspring, unless both parents are holding a Power Item, in which case it becomes a 50/50 chance. In either case, the offspring will then inherit 2 random IVs from either parent before randomizing the remaining 3.

The introduction of the Destiny Knot in Gen 6 makes this process substantially easier. The Destiny Knot increasing the maximum amount of IVs that can be passed to the offspring from 3 to 5, regardless of which parent is holding it. Since most Pokemon typically only utilize 5 of their 6 stats (the ignored stat usually being either Attack or Sp.Atk or, in some cases, Speed), it makes breeding for competitively viable Pokemon possible in a reasonable timeframe.

Of course, the catch is that to breed for a Pokemon with 5/6 max IVs, you'll need several Pokemon (ideally Ditto) that already have the IVs you want. With the Friend Safari's IV generation mechanics, you're guaranteed to find a Pokemon with 2 max IVs, so it shouldn't take long to find the necessary parents for chain breeding.