[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Speaking of tiers, there's a HUGE heated debate going on in Smogon right now about using revising the tier system to use the 1760 stats to determine tier lists (basically, they want the tiers to be determined by the usage stats of the top 2% of Pokemon players instead of by the top 50%, which is what they're currently using).  Their reason? The elitists don't want Donphan to be in OU anymore.

Basically, the following would change if this new system were put into effect:

• List of BL/UU that would become OU: Landorus, Deoxys-S, Latias, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Chansey, Deoxys-D, Manaphy, Terrakion, Zapdos
  • List of OU that would become UU: Donphan, Klefki, Smeargle, Starmie, Trevenant, Galvantula, Tentacruel, Sableye, Cloyster, Forretress, Salamence

I honestly wish I was kidding about the part about Donphan, but I'll leave this here for your own reading "enjoyment" of counting how many times Donphan is mentioned:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-usage-stats-problem-using-1760-stats-for-tiering.3501370/

I'm just uninterested in competitive battling. They have good ideas so I take them for my own. I'm not going to take part in an actual competitive battle. Just battles using competitive teams at most.

I just give them movesets that I feel its good because they're my team. The way I battle I use all-offense Pokemon or Offensive Tanks... I'm not really good at stalling or like doing it unless I have my Prankster No Attack Sableye. That's the only exception.

Further update on the whole Donphan/Forretress mess:

Turns out Smogon recently implemented a policy change, and are now officially using 1760 ladder stats to determine tiers, effective immediately. As a result:

Pokemon that are now OU:

[li]Zapdos[/li]
    [li]Keldeo[/li]
    [li]Chansey[/li]
    [li]Kyurem-B[/li]
    [li]Deoxys-D[/li]
    [li]Terrakion[/li]
    [li]Manaphy[/li]
    [li]Deoxys-S[/li]
    [li]Landorus-I[/li]
    [li]Latias[/li]

Pokemon that are now UU:

[li]Donphan[/li]
    [li]Klefki[/li]
    [li]Starmie[/li]
    [li]Smeargle[/li]
    [li]Tentacruel [/li]
    [li]Sableye[/li]
    [li]Cloyster[/li]
    [li]Forretress[/li]
    [li]Galvantula[/li]
    [li]Salamence[/li]
    [li]Trevenant[/li]

While I'm saddened that Trevenant and Starmie are now UU, I'm sort of happy Zapdos made it back into OU after last gen.