[Gen6][3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Arya Chan ☆

Edit @ 20:00: It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions.

Well shit... Considering that theyre actually adding new moves and abilities, this is going to completely fuck up compatibility.

Well shit... Considering that theyre actually adding new moves and abilities, this is going to completely fuck up compatibility.

Indeed... Unless Nintendo/Gamefreak planing to make it capatible for the upcoming "Pokemon Z' version then that probly the whole idea for the next couple years. :-P

Thanks to the folks at Smogon dissecting the ORAS demo, we now know the base stats for four of the new Mega Evos:

150px-254Sceptile-Mega.png
Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 65 -> 75 (+10)
SpAtk: 105 ->145 (+40)
SpDef: 85 -> 85 (+0)
Speed: 120 -> 145 (+25)

150px-260Swampert-Mega.png
Swampert -> Mega Swampert
HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpAtk: 85 ->95 (+10)
SpDef: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Speed: 60 -> 70 (+10)

150px-362Glalie-Mega.png
Glalie -> Mega Glalie
HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Def: 80 -> 80 (+0)
SpAtk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpDef: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Speed: 80 -> 100 (+20)

150px-208Steelix-Mega.png
Steelix -> Mega Steelix
HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Def: 200 -> 230 (+30)
SpAtk: 55 -> 55 (+0)
SpDef: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Speed: 30 -> 30 (+0)

Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert's base stats look sexy as fuck. Mega Swampert confirmed as new Rain sweeper.

Mega Steelix strikes me as meh. Base 95 SpDef is nice, but it just seems like an inferior Mega Aggron that needs sand support to be effective, just like Mega Garchomp, and we all know how that Mega turned out.

Mega Glalie is just mediocre, though...

EDIT: At least Mega Glalie can do this:

• 252+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 276-325 (82.6 - 97.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhD0_Ocgu-E

Primal Reversion appears to happen automatically, unlike Mega Evolutions.

EDIT: Battle Frontier will NOT be returning:

Looks like no Battle Frontier. There's something called a Battle Resort though but that may just be a renamed Battle Maison. Meh.

Talking about data-mining they extracted the trainer portraits in the demo.

https://imgur.com/a/6y6ec

4k5nbkf.png

JGFlL14.png

amiH671.png

bcE3Bls.png

jkMAkex.png

So yeah no frontier brains. No Juan even. They completely ignored everything about Emerald.

The final 3 "Megas" base stats just leaked:

primal-kyogre.png

Type: Water

100/150/90/180/160/90

prima-groudon.png

Type: Ground/Fire

100/180/160/150/90/90

mega-rayquaza.png

Type: Dragon/Flying

105/180/100/180/100/115

Hmm.. it looks like All Primal- forms of Hoenns Legendaries are getting aboost on their defence stat.. :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhD0_Ocgu-E

Primal Reversion appears to happen automatically, unlike Mega Evolutions.

I see what you mean by them being sweepers... O_O

EDIT: Battle Frontier will NOT be returning:

Looks like no Battle Frontier. There's something called a Battle Resort though but that may just be a renamed Battle Maison. Meh.

.I see... well here hoping for a PWT ( though i doubt it.... :-P)

Talking about data-mining they extracted the trainer portraits in the demo.

https://imgur.com/a/6y6ec

[...looking in the link...]

LOL! kind of funny they put the Hex Maniac back in this. X-D

sample-aed30d7eef67388060a1367351a6e02c_

Wasn't Hoopa just revealed recently or better yet. He is not even out yet and already has a mega form..... 6 hands of bang is what I would call it 

I never did the battle frontier when playing Emerald....That is kinda disappointing it won't be in this. How much replay value did it have anyway?

Considering the Battle Frontier was the only way to access the move tutors back then, yeah the replay value was huge.

Of course they separated them into specific NPCs since Platinum, but it was pretty much its own little league with its own set of badges, except no champion.

Wasn't Hoopa just revealed recently or better yet. He is not even out yet and already has a mega form..... 6 hands of bang is what I would call it 

Hoopa is not officially released yet but I believe that probly the hole plan that Nintendo/Gamefreak had in-store for since Pokemon X/Y and Omega-R/S can connect via "Poke-Bank" and Trade. Though As Ricepigeon posted about,  the compatibility of these game could be limited for new megas and new moves unless (as I said before) they are planning on doing so for the next version" Pokemon Z".