[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

I was using the opponent's Sand Stream ability to my advantage by utilizing Excadrill's Sand Rush, but mostly I lost due to the opponent getting lucky, since I ended up missing with attacks, while he ends up flinching with Iron Head. Even with Lucario's Steadfast, it wasn't enough to make him faster than the opponent. After a bunch of losses and FINALLY coming close to winning, that lost devastated me.

I was using the opponent's Sand Stream ability to my advantage by utilizing Excadrill's Sand Rush, but mostly I lost due to the opponent getting lucky, since I ended up missing with attacks, while he ends up flinching with Iron Head. Even with Lucario's Steadfast, it wasn't enough to make him faster than the opponent. After a bunch of losses and FINALLY coming close to winning, that lost devastated me.

Yeah I know how it feels MugoUrth, but you just have to keep going at it until you succeed in victory. Trust me its the only way you will get better. :goodmood:

I've been trying to get better for a long time. Maybe online battles just isn't for me. Even with 4 OU+ Pokemon on my team (Gengar/Kangaskhan/Lucario/Excadrill. My other two mains Chestnaut and Blastoise are lower. Blastoise is UU. Not sure which tier Chestnaut is in) I still can't make use of them. Excadrill really seems to rely heavily on Sand Stream to be good, Gengar's a glass cannon even in Mega form, my Kangaskhan's got some priority moves going for her, but not much else even in Mega form. And Lucario's got strong moves, but 4X weakness to Ground. I'm still trying to get a good Poison STAB for Gengar. I bought Sludge Wave from the Maison, but it's not compatible.

Lucario's got strong moves, but 4X weakness to Ground.

No. Just the 2x. BTW, you'll want to go for Sludge Bomb on Gengar rather than Sludge Wave. IIRC the former is compatible.

I've been trying to get better for a long time. Maybe online battles just isn't for me. Even with 4 OU+ Pokemon on my team (Gengar/Kangaskhan/Lucario/Excadrill. My other two mains Chestnaut and Blastoise are lower. Blastoise is UU. Not sure which tier Chestnaut is in) I still can't make use of them. Excadrill really seems to rely heavily on Sand Stream to be good, Gengar's a glass cannon even in Mega form, my Kangaskhan's got some priority moves going for her, but not much else even in Mega form. And Lucario's got strong moves, but 4X weakness to Ground. I'm still trying to get a good Poison STAB for Gengar. I bought Sludge Wave from the Maison, but it's not compatible.

Kangaskhan's not OU anymore, she was moved up to ubers last month. And Excadrill doesn't rely on Sand Rush outside of Doubles anymore like it did last gen due to the nerf to the weather abilities, but instead relies on Mold Breaker to threaten Wash Rotom with Earthquake, which it would otherwise be immune to, and anything with Sturdy. Rather than being a Singles sweeper this gen, Excadrill is used as a rapid spinner, and does a good job at it.

Oh and Gengar can learn Sludge Wave, but only from Gen 5 Dream World so unless you already got one it's currently impossible to get anymore (DW just shut its final doors yesterday).

Kangaskhan's not OU anymore, she was moved up to ubers last month. And Excadrill doesn't rely on Sand Rush outside of Doubles anymore like it did last gen due to the nerf to the weather abilities, but instead relies on Mold Breaker to threaten Wash Rotom with Earthquake, which it would otherwise be immune to, and anything with Sturdy. Rather than being a Singles sweeper this gen, Excadrill is used as a rapid spinner, and does a good job at it.

Oh and Gengar can learn Sludge Wave, but only from Gen 5 Dream World so unless you already got one it's currently impossible to get anymore (DW just shut its final doors yesterday).

That's why I said OU+. Also, Gengar's Uber too this gen.

Maybe I should also invest in a Focus Sash to help Excadrill with taking hits better. I almost want to do the same with Gengar, except then he cannot use Gengarite.

Random Question: Was Serperior's Contrary ever actually released?

Only Mega Gengar was bumped to ubers, normal Gengar is still fair game.

Also most Excadrill run Air Balloon, as they hate common ground moves. Also helps them avoid spikes damage for when they need to rapid spin (hes already immune to Toxic Spikes and Air Balloon does nothing against Stealth Rock, so this is mostly just a bonus)

I'd consider Noobie my "rival" for the time being. Since that baby battle, its got me thinking what other battles we can do. I obviously don't want to do a 6 v 6 with our strongest Pokemon yet, at least not til Pokemon Transfer comes out. If Nintendo decides to give us American's a chance to use it. They've already stated that they're not fixing it, so why are we still suffering?

If people were to consider other people they battle online "rivals", who'd be yours?

If talking purely online, I'd say the girl I do ghost battles with: Sarah. If not just online, one of my IRL friends and I do a lot of Pokemon talk and battles together.

Funny thing, I find eerie similarities and differences between those two people and I. It's like they're both counterparts to me and vice versa. That's just cool. :3

Though I'm not online much... but NeoGeoKitsune, if you want to face me in a Double Battle, let me know, I'll be happy to take you on because I love the thrill of Double Battles. Currently raising a Huge Power Diggersby ATM, then on to my Aron and Cranidos.