[WiiU/3DS] Who you voted for being the next Character DLC for SSB WiiU/3DS? (Final Opinions)

Galvatron

I put in snake, thraja and Travis touchdown. since roy is in here chances for thraja are pretty slim but the other 2 id want i may even go back and ask them to make a golden sun char.  I feel that series never gets any love.

I really do hope they pick tons of characters from the ballot...... i mean like not just 2, as the smashbros site slots are implying.

maybe not 2 but about 5 more DLC characters because by theory im looking at 60 character roster if DLC continues like it is. :-P

Counting the current roster we have 52 regular characters  plus 3 Mii-characters  = 55

unless we don't count the Miis then maybe 6-8 more regular characters

Also I have another theory that we might get more then one rep characters of Sega, Capcom, and Namco (pending on the votes). Since Ryu (SF) showed up that makes 2 reps for Capcom. so I'm thinking we will get another regular Namco and Sega character for smash  (makes it 54)  . which may leave us about 3-4 more slots for more nintendo (or other characters like Shantae, shovel knight, etc...) to be in this game.

Excuse me, if I'm talking out of my ass now, but I just got a crazy idea.

Remember why Ice Climbers didn't return? Because Sakurai claimed that he had problems implementing them to the 3DS version back then.

But what if he finds a workaround and is THEN able to implement them to the 3DS? Would we get the Ice Climbers as DLCs then?

Oh god, I really hope that would really be the result if the workaround ever comes to frution. I mean, I even have an idea how Ice Climbers could work on the limited hardware of the 3DS:

-Make both Popo and Nana more low-poly than the rest of the playable characters

-Make the assisting character (Nana for Popo and Popo for Nana) run at 30fps, just like the Assist Trophies and POKéMON

-Make the AI of the assisting character much MUCH simpler*

*Now this is where I go into full detail, and those changes would be both for Wii U and 3DS, because not only would that eat less performances, but that would also rebalance the Ice Climbers themselves, which are very high in the Brawl tier list (and maybe in the Melee tier list as well):

-no grabing/shielding

-no item usage

-never let them seperate, kinda like Duck Hunt

-let the assiting character only mimic the moves of the player character

With the never seperating, Ice Climbers would be more viable, while on the same time, no grabbing for the assisting character would prevent things like the Infinite Grab Pummel, nerfing them in the process, but only enough nerfing to not make them completely broken. Basically, it would be a win-win situation for everyone.

Excuse me, if I'm talking out of my ass now, but I just got a crazy idea.

Remember why Ice Climbers didn't return? Because Sakurai claimed that he had problems implementing them to the 3DS version back then.

But what if he finds a workaround and is THEN able to implement them to the 3DS? Would we get the Ice Climbers as DLCs then?

Oh god, I really hope that would really be the result if the workaround ever comes to frution. I mean, I even have an idea how Ice Climbers could work on the limited hardware of the 3DS:

-Make both Popo and Nana more low-poly than the rest of the playable characters

-Make the assisting character (Nana for Popo and Popo for Nana) run at 30fps, just like the Assist Trophies and POKéMON

-Make the AI of the assisting character much MUCH simpler*

*Now this is where I go into full detail, and those changes would be both for Wii U and 3DS, because not only would that eat less performances, but that would also rebalance the Ice Climbers themselves, which are very high in the Brawl tier list (and maybe in the Melee tier list as well):

-no grabing/shielding

-no item usage

-never let them seperate, kinda like Duck Hunt

-let the assiting character only mimic the moves of the player character

With the never seperating, Ice Climbers would be more viable, while on the same time, no grabbing for the assisting character would prevent things like the Infinite Grab Pummel, nerfing them in the process, but only enough nerfing to not make them completely broken. Basically, it would be a win-win situation for everyone.

:hmm:   Hmm....

Well if you put it that way it would make more sense but then again to me for the ice-climbers to come in SSB4 some other things have to be nerfed down on them in order for them to be playable. :-P

However this character can work good for the Wii-U and New-3DS(if made possible), but I see them more an exclusive DLC character for the Wii-U then ever. If that happens then we will get a DLC character exclusive for 3DS. Of course that just my theory on this. :-P

Wont happen because Sakurai doesn't want version-exclusive characters, and I can really understand him.

So yeah, I guess the idea I gave could be the closest thing to a good Ice Climbers solution that we would ever get.

And to be honest, I'm not sure if the New 3DS would be able to handle an unedited version of the Ice Climbers either.

Hell, I'm not even sure if the New 3DS version would allow 8 Player Smash. The least thing we would be able to have are 45FPS assist trophies and POKéMON and maybe less item restrictions, but that's it.

The reason Ice Climbers were high-tier in Melee and Brawl was because of chain grabbing, something that is actually impossible in Smash 4 because of the imposed time limit before being able to grab the same opponent again.

Having them lower-poly than the rest of the cast will absolutely not make them stick out like a sore thumb :U

Having them lower-poly than the rest of the cast will absolutely not make them stick out like a sore thumb :U

There is no reason for sarcasm to be there, actually.

I mean, Ice Climbers never had complex shapes, so making them lowpoly would not clash as much as making a more humanoid character lowpoly.

Wont happen because Sakurai doesn't want version-exclusive characters, and I can really understand him.

So yeah, I guess the idea I gave could be the closest thing to a good Ice Climbers solution that we would ever get.

And to be honest, I'm not sure if the New 3DS would be able to handle an unedited version of the Ice Climbers either.

Hell, I'm not even sure if the New 3DS version would allow 8 Player Smash. The least thing we would be able to have are 45FPS assist trophies and POKéMON and maybe less item restrictions, but that's it.

Of course that what Sakurai is aiming for the characters including DLC characters so they won't be exclusive for either systems. and so far in prespective it has has been successful for him,

The reason Ice Climbers were high-tier in Melee and Brawl was because of chain grabbing, something that is actually impossible in Smash 4 because of the imposed time limit before being able to grab the same opponent again.

Thats true....  :-P

proply why we have the Duck-hunt duo to take thier place....

Anyways..:

ssb_dlc_idea__lip_by_mryoshi1996-d8rmr43

....thats a nice render for LIP so far..

So this is the one who's behind the magical flower that can plant life-sucking flowers on our heads. Don't know how she'll fit it in but... hey, look at Villager. They look like they had absolutely NO fighting potential and yet, they found a way to show their potential. Who knows.

No it isn't. It looks like ZUN drawed her.

Well that what I mean 'so far' not saying its the best render but its a start. :-P

Another character from the Zelda series that no one didn't expect to be playable from Hyrule Warriors:

king_daphnes_ssb4_request_by_elemental_a

LOL! imagine the battle of the kings (King dedede vs. king Daphnes). That be somthing. :goodmood: