[WiiU/3DS] Who you voted for being the next Character DLC for SSB WiiU/3DS? (Final Opinions)

Galvatron

Wait, you do know that the Roy and Ryu clip are win fanfares, right.

Something that only playable characters have.

However, it does remind me that the soundfiles could very well be red herrings (like Ermacs in Mortal Kombat or Kano Transformations in Mortal Kombat 2), but I would expect that more from the Mortal Kombat developers than from Nintendo.

The problem with Roy's win fanfare, is that they could easily copy ANY of the other fire emblem character's win music and just change the name of the file to look legit.

Ryu's on the other hand, not sure where the fuck that is from.

However, it does remind me that the soundfiles could very well be red herrings (like Ermacs in Mortal Kombat or Kano Transformations in Mortal Kombat 2), but I would expect that more from the Mortal Kombat developers than from Nintendo.

Indeed! but you need to understand that those files in the game are only dump_files  or unused for the game meaning Nintendo can change or removed them through Updates if they want. :-P

So we cannot guarantee if Ryu or Roy Eliwood will be in the game until Nintendo 'officially confirms'!!!!! about it.

Trust me we cannot draw that conclusion until Sakurai and his crew decide to do so. Because to me all this speculations is just to encourage people to vote for Roy Eliwood to come back around but overall is all up to Sakurai to decide who he wants in the game.

As I said before its best to wait until around Fall (October) to see what happens after the votings are done.

Galvatron said it better than I did.

I will admit, though... I really don't want either character. I really do NOT want another Fire Emblem character, and I'm really skeptical on Ryu since Mario and Luigi's original movesets were slightly fashioned after Ryu and Ken (Projectile/uppercut/spinning move) so I'm worried if Ryu's moveset will just be a Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario clone. I know it doesn't have to be, and there's no set-in-stone way to tell what his side-B move could be, but it's still somewhat of a concern.

Ryu's win fanfare is a direct copy from Street Fighter 2

Exactly

the same thing, since its DIRECTLY from SF2 someone can easily get the win music and just change the filename for it to look legit.

Its not even some sort of remix

Lucina is an awful Roy replacement, though.

Seriously, why do so many people hate Dark Pit, if Lucina is the bigger culprit?

I mean, even Dark Pit is more different from Pit than Lucina is from Marth.

I don't like either. Dark Pit is basically just a recolor of regular pit with a slightly different outfit and slightly different neutral-special and side-special, but at least Dark Pit gets his own Final Smash. Lucina really is not much more than a Marth genderswap with the only real difference being that Marth's attacks get stronger at the tip, where Lucina's are average anywhere on her blade. She really should have just been an Alt, but I hear people would have pitched a fit if she was merely an alt. Nintendo making her her own character feels like a cave-in really.

You don't have to like Roy, but he was still different enough. More power, a bit slower, and stronger in the middle of the blade than the tip. It wasn't much, but it was still more than Lucina.

Agreed. And it really speaks a lot that Roy was actually planned to be playable in Brawl at some point, together with Mewtwo and (strangely) Doctor Mario.

Now here is a bigger mystery: What software limitations could Chorus Kids invoke in Smash 3DS? I mean, they would most probably be flat in the game anyway.

And you don't have to make every Chorus Kid to be playable at once. A single Chorus Kid could have easily worked as well, while the remaining Chorus Kids and the Conductor would join up for the Final Smash.

but at least Dark Pit gets his own Final Smash.

Edgy Light Arrows.

But yeah, Lucina is basically weak Marth. Her sword does about 2% more damage than if Marth sourspotted his sword (attacking with the base), which isn't going to happen all that often.

Yeah I admit Lucina is a weaker but alittle Faster version of Marth which surprised me that she wasn't Alt character Like Alph and the koopalings. :-P

However if you think about how Mario, Dr. Mario and Luigi is now they are all basicly similar characters but the are different in they own way.

Now if Sakurai decides to put Roy Eliwood as DLC then Its more lilkly he give him some different moves to be like his own character but still with similar style like Marth and Lucina.

To be fair, Roy never had a Final Smash, so seeing as Sakurai gave Mewtwo a Final Smash that wasn't Aura Psycho Storm or a transformation (not in the traditional sense, at least), then there's a fairly good chance he'll get something other than Critical Hit, even if it's a generic Hyper Combo.

You know what would be funny: If Roy Eliwood's Final Smash will be NOT Critical Hit for once, but actually Roy grabbing the titular Sword of Seal and then wreaking havoc.

...but knowing Sakurai, it will be Critical Hit again.

To be fair, Roy never had a Final Smash, so seeing as Sakurai gave Mewtwo a Final Smash that wasn't Aura Psycho Storm or a transformation (not in the traditional sense, at least), then there's a fairly good chance he'll get something other than Critical Hit, even if it's a generic Hyper Combo.

LOL! that would be Funny but be Just obvious the fact its going to be  almost the same moves though we will see how that fairs if DLC is possible for him.

Anyways another canindate I had in mind to vote was Klonoa:

klonoa_zpsgzoz896g.jpg

He was quite popular back in the late 90's and early 2000 (between the Ps1 and Ps2 era) he had a set amont of games including acouple on GBA

and also appeared in NamcoXCapcom. Practicaly he was pretty much another Namco Icon characters  Personally i say He be another good charcter for smash. :goodmood:

Actually, I kept on wondering, what special moves to implement for a possible Smash version of Klonoa.

Then I played Crusade and discovered through Spriter's Resource that Crusade's Klonoa was pretty much based on NxC.

I highly doubt that would be what Nintendo would shoot for though, so what else could Klonoa have for his pletora of special moves? And what would be his Final Smash?

P.S.: Yeah, I only played the very first Klonoa and that one classical Klonoa platformer on Game Boy Advance.

Klonoa would be kind of cool, but I think he might be a bit too obscure to have a legitimate chance. I mean he is fairly well known, but so far the third-party characters have been Video Game legends who have made their mark on gaming (Even despite recent flops) and I don't think Klonoa has really done that.

Actually, I kept on wondering, what special moves to implement for a possible Smash version of Klonoa.

Then I played Crusade and discovered through Spriter's Resource that Crusade's Klonoa was pretty much based on NxC.

I highly doubt that would be what Nintendo would shoot for though, so what else could Klonoa have for his pletora of special moves? And what would be his Final Smash?

P.S.: Yeah, I only played the very first Klonoa and that one classical Klonoa platformer on Game Boy Advance.

Hmm... he has some moves if you played the 2nd Game on PS2

besides the grab and boost jump moves he has this "tonado spin" move. and Of course He has the "wind bullet" attack

His final smash more likly he will summon Guntz (who came from the 2nd GBA game):

Guntz_Namco_x_Capcom_10_zps2vb2mwyo.png

Klonoa would be kind of cool, but I think he might be a bit too obscure to have a legitimate chance. I mean he is fairly well known, but so far the third-party characters have been Video Game legends who have made their mark on gaming (Even despite recent flops) and I don't think Klonoa has really done that.

I wouldn't say that MugoUrth considering he had a far amount of games. He just not as popular like he used to be back then. :-P

Meh, Guntz would be a better choice as an assist trophy...

Yeah he could be as well. :-P

Then again Robin can summon Chrom for alittle while I was just thinking of the same concept with Klonoa as a Final Smash like that but in a different way. Like how he gets backed up in NamcoxCapcom by Guntz.

Quite easily, actually. I mean, the recovery would probably be different.

We need more bad guys in the roster. K. Rool has been the enemy of the Kong Family in all Country titles except the two most recent ones and there's plenty to work with when it comes to a moveset.