Characters You Wish Were In Mugen

aperson98

Is anyone here thinking of Hazbin Hotel or Helluva Boss? Speaking of those, here's who i wish to be in MUGEN:

- Angel Dust: I'd say that his gameplay would be very impressive if identical to any Devil May Cry characters or armin_iuf's Grand Theft Auto characters. And i even like to hear some of his dirty jokes

- Charlie Magne (both normal and full demon form): I'd like to see her to be made in normal form along with her separated full one, this means no transformation in the gameplay, just like Jin Kazama and Devil Jin from Tekken

- Vaggie

- Alastor: I see there's one existed, but not a very good one as it's only in a blacklisted site and even broken

- Sir Pentious: He might even share some of his movesets that could be same as Whiplash from DOOM Eternal

- Niffty: She should be similar and comparable to Ling Xiaoyu and Leo Kliesen from Tekken and Lei Fang from Dead or Alive in terms of character and fighting style

- Cherri Bomb

- Vox

- Husk (sort of)

- Katie Killjoy (sort of): Even though she's one of the most hated, i'd say that she could be made, but not as a crappy punching bag

- Valentino (sort of): Same as Katie Killjoy

Now in Helluva Boss section:

- Loona

- Blitzo

- Moxxie

- Millie, especially with thinking of her being compared to Nina and Anna Williams from Tekken in terms of fighting style

Aside of Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss, here's the other characters i wish:

- Tekken: Shaheen, Alisa Bosconovitch, Lars Alexandersson, Shin Kamiya, Jinpachi Mishima, both Ravens (original and the Master one), Katarina Alves, and Devil Kazuya

World War Z (2019 video game): Judd Whitaker, Oksana Orlovskaya, Tatsuo Matsumoto, and Bunko Tatsumi

- Pac-Man: Cylindria, Spooky, and Betrayus

- My Little Pony: Tempest Shadow, Capper Dapperpaws, and Storm King

- The Fast and the Furious: Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner

- Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi (decent version) and Kylo Ren

- Need for Speed: Sergeant Cross and Darius

Been a while since I said who I wished were in Mugen. As time goes by, new interests arrive, so I'll go ahead and say the ones I would LOOOOVE to see.

- Monika (a playable nonboss variant). The one really good one we have to my knowledge is the AMAZING boss character. However, the only other one we have uses sticker sprites. My wish is a legit combo heavy Monika with either 2d or 3d sprites.

- Yuri. Really really really surprised she hasn't been made yet minus a palette swap of a Melty Blood character.

- Kasumi Yoshizawa. Now that the entire P4AU roster is in mugen, it would be pretty radical to see some P5 characters in Mugen. While we have Joker and Morgana, Kasumi would be a REALLY cool addition to Mugen.

- Kaede Akamatsu. While we're on the topic, legit any DR character. Surprising considering usually when a game gets EXTREMELY popular out of nowhere, we usually see like 900 characters get made at once(like Undertale and FNAF). Even though the DR series has been out for years, I haven't heard anyone mention it till recently and quite frequently, too.

- Teodora Villavicencio.

- A decent Sephiroth. Right now the best Sephiroth we have is not that good. It's good but like, it could be soo much better.

- Regan (The exorcist).

- Elsa Bloodstone.

- Dart Feld

- Lucifer (Helltaker).

That's bout it for me personally as of right now.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, FBIRancher7590 said:

- Angel Dust: I'd say that his gameplay would be very impressive if identical to any Devil May Cry characters or armin_iuf's Grand Theft Auto characters. And i even like to hear some of his dirty jokes

Well, I know who I'm giving Garfield an intro against when I work on him again (and a very insulting but SFW winquote), if I ever do so.

Anyway, since interests change, here's a fresh list of mine (will update this one if needed):

• A decent Henry Stickmin: The sprites on the one that exists are decent enough, but the moveset is lackluster (and the edits don't help, based on the fact that it's based on BeanFan's stuff). With the series at an end now, I feel there is lots of material to gather for an actually good version.
  • More decent Skullgirls conversions: With how many good characters there are, it's a shame the whole cast didn't get this treatment. Joy Games' "conversions" of three of the characters feel like a total spit in the face compared to Filia and Squigly.
  • Bosses from River City Girls: I don't see a lot of conversions for non-fighting game bosses, and I figure why not, those ones have potential.
  • Characters from SEGA-era Puyo Puyo (post-7): Seeing the versions of Schezo and Draco gives me hope there'll be more good Puyo characters, but the version of Sig we have? Eh... (by post-7, I mean the designs from 20th or Tetris, it also wouldn't hurt to see a decent Compile-era Arle.)

My pick would be the Centurions from Ogre battle 64, specifically Europea Rheda and/or the generic male & female Centurian classes.

I envision them as being setup heavy characters that revolve around ordering soldiers (the short, spear wielding dudes that fight in groups of three) to do stuff like charging through people or holding a position, ready to strike foes that get to close. The Centurions CAN fight on their own, but all specials & supers are striker-based, with supers involving other characters like calling forth an Archmage to bombard the field with a powerful lightning storm(which end prematurely if the wizard gets hit by the enemy), or an Angel Knight that's positioned on the opposite side of the screen,  mirrors your movement,  & attacks in sync with your normals (you can also input the command that summoned her whenever she's on the field to have her cast Banish on the target, which always strikes at the target's location & can be used even when you're under attack, this dismisses the Angel Knight prematurely however.)

Of course, this is wishful thinking as Ogre Battle isn't as well-known now when compared to the SNES & N64 days, coding striker-heavy characters is also noticeably more difficult than other Archetypes, especially in a way that doesn't make said character cheap as ludder or weaker than dried buttercups.

The boss characters of IGS's The Gladiator/Shen Jian: I wanna pit the monk Yi Pang against Ridley from Metroid.

Isaac from Golden Sun: Man he's been cheated from being playable in Smash.

A decent Saki Amamiya from Sin & Punishment

A Capcom-sprited Pit from Kid Icarus

Akhos from Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jin from Xenoblade Chronicles 2

A decent Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

Maybe Dynasty Warriors characters with Capcom-like sprites and their Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends voices.

Bonus Stage:

A horde battle against Ganados from Resident Evil 4

A horde battle against Edonian J'avo from Resident Evil 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, FBIRancher7590 said:

Is anyone here thinking of Hazbin Hotel or Helluva Boss? Speaking of those, here's who i wish to be in MUGEN:

- Charlie Magne (both normal and full demon form): I'd like to see her to be made in normal form along with her separated full one, this means no transformation in the gameplay, just like Jin Kazama and Devil Jin from Tekken

- Vaggie

- Alastor: I see there's one existed, but not a very good one as it's only in a blacklisted site and even broken

- Sir Pentious: He might even share some of his movesets that could be same as Whiplash from DOOM Eternal

- Niffty: She should be similar and comparable to Ling Xiaoyu and Leo Kliesen from Tekken and Lei Fang from Dead or Alive in terms of character and fighting style

- Cherri Bomb

- Vox

- Husk (sort of)

- Katie Killjoy (sort of): Even though she's one of the most hated, i'd say that she could be made, but not as a crappy punching bag

- Valentino (sort of): Same as Katie Killjoy

Now in Helluva Boss section:

- Loona

- Blitzo

- Moxxie

- Millie, especially with thinking of her being compared to Nina and Anna Williams from Tekken in terms of fighting style

That would be a Vivziepop fan's dream come true!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to name some that haven't been mentioned 😆

-Dexter Morgan

-Characters from heroes, especially Sylar

-Conner from Detroit become human

-Jonathan Reid (or more non anime vampire characters in general)

-Jesse Fayden from Control 

-Overwatch characters

-A good Christie Monteiro

-A good Negan

• 3 weeks later...

Time to look at my old ass post from my old ass account.

On 8/29/2015 at 2:43 PM, DUANE_DANCE said:

2 chars
good version of anyone five night's at Freddy's, R64: (We finally got MEGA_X's Toy Chica and Foxy)

AND

A GOOD VERSION OF JOHN CENA, R64: WE NEVER GOT GOOD john cena

and now it's Time for my list of Characters I Wish to Be Made/Be In M.U.G.E.N.:
- Dr. Coomer (HL:VRAI)
- Gordon Freeman (HL:VRAI)

- Celeb (Blood, Look I know there's a Celeb in KFA, But, it would awesome to see him in M.U.G.E.N.)

- Gustave (3DMM, He must be pre-rendered via the program)
- MT/Lake (Infinity Train)
- Spongebob Squarepants with his moveset being based on BFBB & The Movie Game
- Patrick with his moveset being based on BFBB & The Movie Game (Spongebob Squarepants)

- A better Melee Fox, cuz GTFox's was hot jank (TerminalMontage)

• 3 months later...

hi i have an incomplete dexter morgan character  his health does not go down when hit and im not sure how to fix that i tried changing the value of his health

i also have his level stage if anyone is interested in fixing him or fully programing his incomplete status let me know and he is downloadable on the mugen archive too thats where i got him from

Real talk, I'd like to see more SHMUP bosses added to MUGEN or something similar, or really... just more GIMMICK type characters, ya know... characters with weird or unexpected mechanics. For example, make a Pokemon Trainer (from Red/Blue/Yellow, etc) and have him be similar to like WireFrameBoxer (by DXWho) and just throws bait and rocks.

Been thinking about this one alot, if there's really anyone I'd want in MUGEN right now, it's Satou Matsuzaka - the girl in my icon - from Happy Sugar Life. I'm not very good at all when it comes to spriting, but really, the moment I'd get better at it, or somehow obtain fitting sprites, I'd make her myself. She's one of my favorite characters in anime in general and over the course of the series, there's quite some material that could work out for a moveset, which I've basically already fully constructed in my head.

- A Better and Decent Version of Tommy Pickles

- Gnar from Legends Of Legends

- A Better and Decent Version of Goodra from Pokemon

- Altaria From Pokemon

- Xayah From Legends Of Legends: Star Guardian

- A Better and Decent Version of Ickis

- A Better and Decent Version of Ty The Tasmanian Tiger

• 1 month later...

- PewDiePie (based on PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist)

- A good and decent version of Nermal (Garfield)

- Harry (Garfield)

- Catzilla (Garfield)

- A Ender Dragon boss (Minecraft)

- A good and decent version of Red, Chuck, and Bomb (Angry Birds)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 9:09 AM, Walker212 said:

- PewDiePie (based on PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist)

- A good and decent version of Nermal (Garfield)

- Harry (Garfield)

- Catzilla (Garfield)

- A Ender Dragon boss (Minecraft)

- A good and decent version of Red, Chuck, and Bomb (Angry Birds)

i want nermal would be better version and not joke paletteswap

• 1 month later...

- A New Better Version of Arnold Shortman(TAS007's version doesn't count)

- A Decent GIR(SIR Unit,it's robot)(Smashfan's version is crappy!)

- Bloom from Winx Club

- A Decent Version of Toon Link

- Dunkaroos(Cartoon Mascot Character)

- Saki Kurokoma(Uses Immaterial and Missing Power Custom Sprites)

- A Better Version of Helga Pataki

- A Decent Version of AiAi(AxKing's Version doesn't count)

- Better & Decent Version of Aang

- A Decent Version of Sandy Cheek in superbrawl 2 style(uses custom sprites)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- Spy Fox(Character From Humongous Entertainment)

- Myself(Isra in Real Life)(as Red Cat Anthro,it uses MugenHunter's Tails Sprites Edit)

- Good/Better Version of Putt-Putt(Alerkina4's version is God Icky and Cringe)

- Gene Simmons

- Good/Better Version of Catboy(from PJ Mask)

- Owlette(from PJ Mask)

- Gekko(from PJ Mask)

Make the bosses of IGS's The Gladiator/Shen Jian playable.

With the Fighting Layer announcer calling out on their combos and moves like...

Yi-Pang's head standing spin kick "Amazing!"

Ru-Lai's explosive move "UNBELIEVABLE!"

Wu-Ken's spinning orbs move "Superb!"

• 1 year later...

Personally I'd love to see all of the Blazblue character in OHMSBY gameplay style, it's soo good and also because there's isn't that many top quality, accurate or half-accurate Blazblue characters outside of the ones that uses OHMSBY gameplay.

Also I'd love to see more Mortal Kombat characters for regular Mugen outside of OMEGAPSYCHO and juano's characters, they are great but we need more.

And lastly, more source-accurate Arcana Heart 3 and Skullgirls conversions and a good Sephiroth.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 4:49 AM, MH Styles said:

Also I'd love to see more Mortal Kombat characters for regular Mugen outside of OMEGAPSYCHO and juano's characters, they are great but we need more.

There's also Binho, Fabry Taz, and Mike Obrecht's characters even if they're kinda jank and the former two recreate the characters in a 2D style.