MUGEN 1.1 Beta officially released 8/7/13

Lord Batros

^ Old video of Alpha 4 ... dont have any other preview 

http://elecbyte.com/mugen

http://elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/history.html

After over two years of fixing and testing, the first public release of M.U.G.E.N 1.1 is finally here! The alpha testers did a great job in finding and reporting the many issues in the earlier test releases. Much of the thanks goes to them.

Although this is a beta release, it should be fairly stable for regular use. Just keep in mind that things may change in future beta releases.

The primary difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is the complete graphics overhaul of the engine. This means faster graphical updates for even the most complex characters and stages. Also, stage/screen zooming has been added! This has been highly requested for some time. Check history.html in the zip for more information on the changes.

Head over to the M.U.G.E.N page at the link above to download 1.1 Beta 1. Also, tell us what you think about it over in the M.U.G.E.N 1.1 Discussion forum!

Thanks!

Elecbyte team

Pass. It still feels almost the same and unstable as Alpha 4. Sinx and Siny BGctrls still aren't fixed in System and DirectX renderers, however on OpenGL, they are fully functional. If Mugen is either minimized, fullscreen'd or lose focus, it still automatically close but the program itself is still running for some reason. Pretty much the same issue Alpha 4 had.

Meh, I'll wait for the next beta, which is, I hope, gonna be better than this and the alpha.

Been talking with Seravy, he says there's a worse bug on the beta.

So in comparison, Alpha > Beta.

Beta is unplayable with the bug.

some of the new things that would be useful:

CNS: Added BackEdge, FrontEdge, LeftEdge, RightEdge, TopEdge, BottomEdge triggers.

BG: Parallax: support for animated parallax added.

xshear = shear ;(optional) (float) Specifies the amount of horizontal shearing to apply to the shadow. A positive value shears the shadow to the left of the screen. Defaults to 0.

Great, now I already need to make new 4v4 and 3v3 versions.

Also, I like how this version is so allegedly buggy and yet, the only legit bug mentioned is the screensaver glitch.  I'm amazed that anyone has ever experienced it since apparently most Mugen users have never heard of a control pad or video card.

Welp, tried and tested.  Anyone who is waiting for a "full" update is fully committed to stubborn ignorance.  Ain't no use stalling any longer because the development process has now reached the part where they removed the cool debug features and left you with the near finished product.

THE OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES!

- Custom keybinds and debug console feature removed.  That didn't last long, did it?

+ Debug commands hardcoded again.  :(

- No more references to being a private alpha.

* Lua (et al) files now go in the data directory.  Be sure to upgrade from the alpha properly.

And that's it.  I thought I read that group 9000 was going to be set to not scale with a character's localcoord, but if that's the case, it doesn't affect the character select screen or else it just doesn't work on the system renderer.  I can't test the OpenGL renderer right now.

And yeah, 4v4 and 3v3 mods