MUGEN 1.1 Beta officially released 8/7/13

Lord Batros

Welp, tried and tested.  Anyone who is waiting for a "full" update is fully committed to stubborn ignorance.  Ain't no use stalling any longer because the development process has now reached the part where they removed the cool debug features and left you with the near finished product.

THE OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES!

- Custom keybinds and debug console feature removed.  That didn't last long, did it?

+ Debug commands hardcoded again.  :(

- No more references to being a private alpha.

* Lua (et al) files now go in the data directory.  Be sure to upgrade from the alpha properly.

And that's it.  I thought I read that group 9000 was going to be set to not scale with a character's localcoord, but if that's the case, it doesn't affect the character select screen or else it just doesn't work on the system renderer.  I can't test the OpenGL renderer right now.

And yeah, 4v4 and 3v3 mods

That information was certainly helpful.

Plus with online, what are you going to see a lot of? Cheap Orochi edits. MUGEN has no balance, so online is a really bad idea and I'm sure it's the lowest priority for Elecbyte at this point in time.

you know what you do if you see a cheap orochi edit?

you simply quit and find another person to battle against.

The fact(s) of the matter is this.

Mugen will NEVER have an online feature because in order for there to be such a feature, both players have to share the same resources.  There can be no discrepancy in files at all.  If your character has so much as a different keymap, then it won't work.  Why?  Because you can't be sending an entire cycle of information from one computer to another.  Internet connections aren't that fast.  The data would have to be limited to raw input with the client handling EVERYTHING.  In short, it's never going to happen.

So having established that this is NEVER going to happen, why can't people appreciate that Mugen now has a feature that actually does something?  In my testing, the new OpenGL is well over 30 times faster than software.  Are you not entertained?!

So..

I tested this and got a white screen.

if i am right about the reason, this mean my mugen journey will go no further than 1.1 alpha 4?

I'm sticking with 1.1a4. To me it's the most stable version yet though it doesn't read some levels due to giving an error and lets you play in High-res stages without lag. Otherwise, it's great. I only use OpenGLScreen to record fights, otherwise it's OpenGL.

So..

I tested this and got a white screen.

if i am right about the reason, this mean my mugen journey will go no further than 1.1 alpha 4?

Did you make sure that you installed it correctly?

"* Lua (et al) files now go in the data directory.  Be sure to upgrade from the alpha properly."