[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Being a single mother of one sure is hard, isnt it?

Tldr version: Mega Kangaskhan is about to get banned

Hmph! :redcard:  I'm not surprise if they do Banned Mega Kangaskhan from online battles. I mean come on I challenged alot of people who has that pokemon. I even had the most defensive pokemon (Umbreon) to go agianst it and it took it out in two turns. Luckly I manage to beat it sometimes thanks to my Jolteon (with great speed IV) Paralzed it so it can't move sometimes or my Flareon to cut it attack power down with Will-O-Wisp. Other then that need to give Mega KangasKhan another type of ability so they won't Banned it with the Mega Held Item.

Any MegaKangaskhan user who willingly leaves it in against a full health MegaLucario has no idea how to use MegaKangaskhan properly and is just asking for a loss. Conversely, any MegaLucario user who switches it in against a +2 MegaKangaskhan, let alone anything, hoping to take a resisted hit is also asking for a loss. Lucario is frail even with the Mega evolution and steel typing, which has so far been the only thing holding it back from suffering the same fate as MegaGengar and eventually MegaKangaskhan. The only effective way to switch MegaLucario in is after a KO or through a slower Volt Switch / U-turn user.

and how exactly did a MegaKangaskhan get burned by a Flareon when it not only outspeeds Flareon, but also OHKOs with a +2 Return?

Theres also Sableye, Cofagrigus, Eviolite Dusclops, Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn, and Rocky Helmet Rough Skin Garchomp, all of which are shaky checks at best and all of which require you to sacrifice the Pokemon every time MegaKangaskhan gets the stat boost. In fact, the mere fact that this thing is forcing people to use Rocky Helmet at all is just plain ridiculous, as Ferrothorn drastically loses its defensive capabilities without Leftovers and Garchomp loses the extra damage from Life Orb, Choice Band, and Garchompinite that makes them both effective Pokemon. Essentially, youre giving up these two Pokemon's capabilities to wall/attack over 10+ Pokemon SOLELY because of MegaKangaskhan.

Now compare this to MegaLucario who, as OP and broken as some people claim it is, is much more manageable than MegaKangaskhan. Copypasta from the Guild thread:

MegaLucario at least has its frailty and 4 moveslot syndrome to keep it in check. Taking swords dance Megacario into account: Running Close Combat, Bullet Punch, and Crunch? Stopped by Talonflame, Gliscor, and Therian Landorus. Running Close Combat, Bullet Punch, and Extremespeed? Stopped by Aegislash and Therian Landorus. Running Close Combat, Bullet Punch, and Ice Punch? Stopped by Aegislash, Chandelure, and Gyarados. Running Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Ice Punch? Stopped by Gengar, Aegislash, and Sableye. Running Close Combat, Ice Punch, and Crunch? Stopped by Talonflame and Mach Punch users. Not to mention certain scarfed Pokemon like Garchomp can survive a +2 Extremespeed or +2 Bullet Punch even with no HP or defense investment and revenge kill it. I know Scarfchomp useage has died down this gen but it should still be noted. Even with +2 Close Combat doing over 50% damage to Gliscor and Talonflame, Gliscor can both OHKO back after the defense drop and Talonflame can 2HKO at worst with Flare Blitz followed by Priority Brave Bird if MegaLuke is lacking XSpeed. Any way you look at it, you don't have anywhere NEAR this amount of luxury against MegaKangaskhan.

Yes, MegaLucario does carry the moves necessary to take out all of the Pokemon that check/counter it, but he cannot run all of them at once without sacrificing Close Combat and/or Swords Dance, which makes him much easier to handle in those cases. Also, unlike MegaLucario, MegaKangaskhan is nowhere near as frail and can take a hit or two.

What about Special Attack? Mega Lucario can still have high Special Attack and can still easily take out Mega Kangaskhan in one blow with Aura Sphere if the defender wasn't EV trained for Sp. Def. You're right about the defenses Mega Lucario have because 2 Earthquakes/Brick Breaks/Fire Punches/Low Kicks are enough to defeat it.

What about Special Attack? Mega Lucario can still have high Special Attack and can still easily take out Mega Kangaskhan in one blow with Aura Sphere if the defender wasn't EV trained for Sp. Def. You're right about the defenses Mega Lucario have because 2 Earthquakes/Brick Breaks/Fire Punches/Low Kicks are enough to defeat it.

Where are you getting these damage calculations from? +2 Earthquake from MegaKangaskhan is a clear OHKO on MegaLucario:

252(+2) MegaKangaskhan Earthquake vs 0 HP / 0 Def MegaLucario:

472~556 + 243~286 (715~842) (254.45%~299.64%)

In other news:

New patch

Here's the QR code

Posted Image

RIP Battle Analyzer, you will NOT be missed.

Where are you getting these damage calculations from? +2 Earthquake from MegaKangaskhan is a clear OHKO on MegaLucario:

252(+2) MegaKangaskhan Earthquake vs 0 HP / 0 Def MegaLucario:

472~556 + 243~286 (715~842) (254.45%~299.64%)

Experience and just pointing it out. I used Serebii as reference to see how high Kangaskhan's Attack and Lucario's Defense are. And I know Earthquake's a definite and so is Low Kick because Lucario's weight is somewhat enough for Low Kick's power to be somewhere above 80, if I'm not mistaken. 

To jump to a different issue:

Mega Aggron will be a very tough cookie to break if EV trained properly. The Special Defense will be a big problem for it but having maxed Sp Def EVs and IVs might be very troublesome for special attackers due to Filter.

Mega Aggron probably wont be enough to make the OU cut. It has no form of recovery outside of Rest, forcing it to use Sleep Talk as well just to keep up. Even with max SpDef investment, special attacks are still an issue for it, not to mention it also takes away from its massive physical bulk, which can mean the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO. Even with max defense investment to tank hits, Mega Aggron's offensive presence becomes severely hampered, so it won't be able to do much back. The best it can do is some kind of Adamant set with max HP and the rest split between its attack and defense, running Dragon Tail, Iron Head/Heavy Slam, Rest, and Sleep Talk, makes for an effective set especially with entry hazards.

Not saying MegaAggron isnt any good, it just has its own flaws that hold it back. At best it'll be high UU.

and how exactly did a MegaKangaskhan get burned by a Flareon when it not only outspeeds Flareon, but also OHKOs with a +2 Return?

The Flareon I raised has a nature that grants good Def on it plus I Super trained on it Defence stat and speed (+ LV-up effects of the Pokerus) to give it little edge in battle. But you are not wrong Rice, there was alot MegaKangaskhans i battles online that out-speed my Flareon but it good (Not supierior) defence stat gave it a chance but with about 5%-10% hp left but dosn't get lucky all the time.

I don't like being stuck in battles where the Pokemon keeps on "trolling". It makes the battle too long and tedious, especially when you have other things to do other than getting trolled.

You'd hate battling a good LumRestHarvest Trevenant, then. Those things are really annoying to kill if you don't pack enough of a punch.

Ahem... try ChestoRestHarvest. THAT'S even ... you're right... LUM due to Harvest? Yeah, I'd hate to face that kind of Trevenant in battle. That's why I don't play online, and if I did... definitely NOT competitive. On second thought... maybe I should try that trick...

Yeah, he's practically immune to status. There's also word of people using SubSitrusHarvestCurse sets to force switches. I haven't tried it, but I'm probably gonna stick to LumRestHarvest.

Shuckle is another pokemon that can be "annoying" to deal with as well if you give it the right moves and has great Defence. you Know what i havn't raised a Shuckle in a while. :goodmood:

@Garchompmatt : Hey! that was a cool battle :awesome  LOL! you and your critical Hits :=D: .

I think I need to give my Eevees Evo's some Evasive tactics and give it Sylveon a defence move.  Thanks for the battle my friend.

Battle with Noobie:

NRMG-WWWW-WWW3-M56E

Bubble always flinches to Dark Pulse on the first turn, generally receiving a critical hit on the second. Got lucky this time, I guess :P

Stone Edge >:)

I apologise for the whole declining your request and re-issuing it thing. I don't get why Game Freak couldn't just use the same chat notification for both sides.

The challenger gets:

"Do you want to use Game Chat?"

To which most people select "No".

The receiving end gets:

"Do you want to turn off Game Chat?"

To which I keep selecting "No" by accident, thinking it's asking if I want to use Game Chat.

Also, thanks for the Tyrogue! Was thinking of training up a Hitmontop eventually :D

Battle with Noobie:

NRMG-WWWW-WWW3-M56E

Bubble always flinches to Dark Pulse on the first turn, generally receiving a critical hit on the second. Got lucky this time, I guess :P

Stone Edge >:)

I apologise for the whole declining your request and re-issuing it thing. I don't get why Game Freak couldn't just use the same chat notification for both sides.

The challenger gets:

"Do you want to use Game Chat?"

To which most people select "No".

The receiving end gets:

"Do you want to turn off Game Chat?"

To which I keep selecting "No" by accident, thinking it's asking if I want to use Game Chat.

Also, thanks for the Tyrogue! Was thinking of training up a Hitmontop eventually :D

Yeah I don't know why that happens too but its cool .

Your welcome. on the tyrogue Its has a well-balance Nature so you should be able to raise a good Hitmontop. :goodmood:  thanks for the LV1 Gibite.

*Gible :P

Nature doesn't matter. I have an Adamant Ditto somewhere that I can have hold the Everstone, so it's cool :)

Lol! thanks for correcting me

No prob. =)

[Off-Topic]

By the way where do you guys get those animated 3D pokemon gifs from?