[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Well to me its easy for people who been playing pokemon since the first games (red, Blue,yellow. Green [import] versions). This series just showing new ways of evolutions by Mega-Evo and giving more friendly Affections (Sylveon as an example) plus introducing new Fairy-type pokemon.

By the way i just trade someone A pokemon for a Dedenne and I was surprise to discover it has the POKERUS!!! :confuse:

Is that a good thing or bad thing?! I for got how it goes when the pokemon has it.

It also has two states. No idea what the official terms for them are, but let's just call them "active" and "inactive".

Active means it can be spread to other Pokémon in your party (doesn't work in PC boxes), and inactive means that it will no longer spread. Once it's gone inactive on a Pokémon (denoted by a smiley face instead of a purple icon), it cannot go active ever again. Contrary to popular belief, the Pokérus being inactive does not mean that the Pokémon doesn't gain the benefits (see Xan's post) from it, so no matter what state it's in, it always gains the benefits.

Not sure if it works with Super Training. Never tried it.

Contrary to popular belief, the Pokérus being inactive does not mean that the Pokémon doesn't gain the benefits (see Xan's post) from it, so no matter what state it's in, it always gains the benefits.

My own intuition lied to me. q.q

>_> *tries Maison one more time*  okay okay u win so NOT counting the Battle Maison 

What'd I tell ya? >:3

I prefer referring to the two pokerus states as "contagious" and "cured", make the most sense imo.

Anyway, just got a bunch of max IV dittos from gts, managed to breed myself two near flawless Larvitars in less than 3 hours. Breeding was made so much less time consuming this gen.

May end up doing Rotom or Skarmory next.

Pokerus doubles the amounts of EVs a pokemon gets from each battle, but it can only get it once. It's very good.

It also has two states. No idea what the official terms for them are, but let's just call them "active" and "inactive".

Active means it can be spread to other Pokémon in your party (doesn't work in PC boxes), and inactive means that it will no longer spread. Once it's gone inactive on a Pokémon (denoted by a smiley face instead of a purple icon), it cannot go active ever again. Contrary to popular belief, the Pokérus being inactive does not mean that the Pokémon doesn't gain the benefits (see Xan's post) from it, so no matter what state it's in, it always gains the benefits.

Not sure if it works with Super Training. Never tried it.

I prefer referring to the two pokerus states as "contagious" and "cured", make the most sense imo.

Ah! Thanks. I see what you guys are saying so its good for the pokemon to have Pokérus spread to other pokemon in the party (if possible) in order to Increase IV's more (for limited time). :awesome

Anyway, just got a bunch of max IV dittos from gts, managed to breed myself two near flawless Larvitars in less than 3 hours. Breeding was made so much less time consuming this gen.

May end up doing Rotom or Skarmory next.

Wow! Thats cool Rice. I'm currently breeding and raising some Eevees and trying to see if i get max IV's of them my self. Hopfully I'll get a shiny Eevee to evolve it to a shiny Sylveon. :goodmood:

And speaking of Sylveon since its the only pokemon I max its affection in pokemon Amei. I notice It has benefits in battles where if you make the pokemon be attach to you, you can give it more support by having it gain critical hit power. or help it shake off  status problems like sleep and confusion more quickly.

And speaking of Sylveon since its the only pokemon I max its affection in pokemon Amei. I notice It has benefits in battles where if you make the pokemon be attach to you, you can give it more support by having it gain critical hit power. or help it shake off  status problems like sleep and confusion more quickly.

Though only in your game, much like the so-called power increases in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald from winning Gym battles. They don't take effect in the Battle Maison and Link Battles.

Ah! Thanks. I see what you guys are saying so its good for the pokemon to have Pokérus spread to other pokemon in the party (if possible) in order to Increase IV's more (for limited time). :awesome

Wow! Thats cool Rice. I'm currently breeding and raising some Eevees and trying to see if i get max IV's of them my self. Hopfully I'll get a shiny Eevee to evolve it to a shiny Sylveon. :goodmood:

Since you're asking, yes, Pokerus can spread. Just have the pokemon in your party and battle (you don't have to use the contagious Pokemon in battle). After a few battles, you should start to notice your other party members beginning to become infected. The more contagious Pokemon you have, the faster it spreads.

Just keep in mind that after a Pokemon becomes infected with Pokerus, that it will automatically be cured after 1 or 2 days beginning on midnight. It will still gain the effects of Pokerus (double EVs), it just wont be able to infect other Pokemon with it. However, if a contagious Pokemon remains in the PC, it will never cure itself as long as you keep it there, so you can use that to infect more Pokemon at a later time.

Oh and for anyone else who doesn't already know, Pokerus DOES stack with Macho Brace and the power items (Pokerus + Macho Brace = x4 EVs instead of x2). Unfortunately, it does not stack with Super Training, just tested it.

Since you're asking, yes, Pokerus can spread. Just have the pokemon in your party and battle (you don't have to use the contagious Pokemon in battle). After a few battles, you should start to notice your other party members beginning to become infected. The more contagious Pokemon you have, the faster it spreads.

Just keep in mind that after a Pokemon becomes infected with Pokerus, that it will automatically be cured after 1 or 2 days beginning on midnight. It will still gain the effects of Pokerus (double EVs), it just wont be able to infect other Pokemon with it. However, if a contagious Pokemon remains in the PC, it will never cure itself as long as you keep it there, so you can use that to infect more Pokemon at a later time.

Oh and for anyone else who doesn't already know, Pokerus DOES stack with Macho Brace and the power items (Pokerus + Macho Brace = x4 EVs instead of x2). Unfortunately, it does not stack with Super Training, just tested it.

Oh okay thanks Rice for the info! I guess I'll have the Dedenne be the host for the Pokerus and infect the party pokemon as I go along. I'll try it out with the Eevee's I am raising. Might be able to make a pretty strong Eevee Evolution Team. :goodmood:

Though only in your game, much like the so-called power increases in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald from winning Gym battles. They don't take effect in the Battle Maison and Link Battles.

You are soo right about that GatchompMatt It only works In during regular Trainer Battles, and Wild PK battles in the game.

I need to get my Flygon and Vivillion over to my Pokemon X, anyone willing to help?

I might be able to help you out with that Squitle If i'm available

You are soo right about that GatchompMatt It only works In during regular Trainer Battles, and Wild PK battles in the game.

Ah, I remember when I used to EV train by slaughtering masses of wild Pokémon. Got easier and less messy this gen. Also...

GatchompMatt

I'll just overlook that, Noobit.

Lame. :c

Well Rice is right about it as he tested. I even tryed it out and it dosn't work with super Training but if the pokemon has Macho Brace it can gain way more EVs then before.

It was a success that i able to use Dedenne to infect My Eevees with Pokerus( which mean it is "active") and since they still young (LV.s 10-20) Their are going to be a strong team as I planned. :awesome

I still will super trained them on their lowest Base stat so they have an edge in future battles. :goodmood:

Speaking of training up pokes, I'm currently waiting on a MegaZard X candidate from a friend who's breeding 5 IV Jolly Charmanders atm. I'm hoping to also transfer my Charizardite Y from my Y game and run a trapping mixed set on MegaZard Y. Team preview mindgames ahoy~!

Ha, I completely forgot about the stat boost effect from badges that they removed that from Gen 4 onward. It never showed up in the stats screen so for all intents and purposes I guess everyone just ignored it.

With that in mind, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, additional effects from the Pokemon Aime do not affect wifi and link battles. Imagine how broken it would be if every Pokemon had +2 evasion and a 10% chance of activating Sturdy even if its not at full health.

Oh and for the record, EV Training with Hordes using Pokerus and Macho Brace is much faster than super training, not taking encounter rates into account (lord knows how many times I encountered a zubat horde when I was trying to EV train HP with Whismur hordes, Super Training ended up being faster in that case), as you gain 20 EVs instead of 12. Weepinbell and Durant hordes further increase that amount to 40.

Decided to have another go at the Battle Bullshit's Super Doubles. I got to about 30-something and lost. Wanna know how?

Turn 1

Opposing Archeops used Protect, opposing Typhlosion's Lava Plume burnt Metagross (the physical attacker, obviously) and was a critical hit on Togekiss (of course!). Togekiss' Aura Sphere hit Archeops' Protect, and Metagross' (now weaker) Earthquake still did a large amount of damage to Typhlosion.

Turn 2

Archeops used Rock Slide and took out Togekiss, Typhlosion used Lava Plume which left Metagross with 6 HP, but was somehow a critical hit on Archeops (did nothing though). Metagross used Earthquake and took out Typhlosion, but fainted due to burn. Sent out Zoroark and Garchomp. Opponent sends out Probopass. Here comes the real AI hax.

Turn 3

Archeops' Rock Slide missed Zoroark (false hope, unfortunately) and hit Garchomp, making him flinch (of course!). Zoroark's Focus Miss...missed. Probopass used Power Gem on Zoroark (powered up by Life Orb), leaving it with 48 HP.

Turn 4

Archeops' Rock Slide hit Zoroark this turn, taking him out, and flinched Garchomp again (of course!). Probopass used Power Gem on Garchomp and got a critical hit (of course!), getting him down to 74 HP.

Turn 5

Archeops' Rock Slide flinched Garchomp yet again (ffs!) and Probopass finished him off with a critical hit Power Gem.

Good times. Never have I lost due to the opponent's Pokémon actually being stronger than mine.