[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Just a small warning, but word has it that there's a bug going around called the Bad Egg. It's an egg received in Wonder Trade that cannot be hatched or release that will spread throughout your boxes and maybe even corrupt your game.

It's said to be caused by screwups in the servers. Some people claim it is due to hacking. This is false. The egg IS the result of fucked up codes going through the trade that ends up in the form of an egg. It's more like a representation of a fucked up code than an actual egg.

Though these are rare the possibility of getting an egg IS there, so if you do get the egg, do the following AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Procedures for dealing with a bad egg in your pc:

1. Do not touch the egg! That means no checking moves, stats, anything. It may have an item attached, do not attempt to retrieve the item!

2. The box the bad egg is in is immediately QUARANTINED.

3. Immediately remove all Pokemon from the quarantined box. They can and WILL
be corrupted if they remain in close proximity to the bad egg.

4. Do not , I repeat, DO NOT attempt to withdraw the egg. Do NOT attempt to hatch the egg.

5. Your primary goal is to save all your Pokemon from infection. Treat a bad egg like you would a zombie pathogen that spreads via air.

6. Your secondary goal is to avoid the Pokemon "-----". At all costs.

I'm not making this up to freak you all out. Please, for fuck's sake STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS THING. If it DOES stay in your box or in your possession from you trying to hatch it it will spread itself along your pokemon in the box with it turning them into eggs,(You DO NOT get them back) and it CAN fuck up your save entirely.

Just a small warning, but word has it that there's a bug going around called the Bad Egg. It's an egg received in Wonder Trade that cannot be hatched or release that will spread throughout your boxes and maybe even corrupt your game.

It's said to be caused by screwups in the servers. Some people claim it is due to hacking. This is false. The egg IS the result of fucked up codes going through the trade that ends up in the form of an egg. It's more like a representation of a fucked up code than an actual egg.

Though these are rare the possibility of getting an egg IS there, so if you do get the egg, do the following AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

I'm not making this up to freak you all out. Please, for fuck's sake STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS THING. If it DOES stay in your box or in your possession from you trying to hatch it it will spread itself along your pokemon in the box with it turning them into eggs,(You DO NOT get them back) and it CAN fuck up your save entirely.

Thanks for warning us Bruce. Man! I use "Wonder Trade" so much luckly I didnt encounter that problem. =P

Well I guess its best to stick with normal Pokemon Trades until Gamefreak/Nintendo resolve these issues. 

BTW I added/registered You and everyone elses 3DS FC to my friend list to catch up. :goodmood:

Did Ryon posted his yet?

@Prodigal That's not what EVs are. They have nothing to do with types. Not sure if you're talking about egg groups. Pokémon can have a maximum of 510 EVs (Effort Values), with 255 for each stat (though 252 is the last useful value, as stats go up per 4 EVs, hence why Super Training does this). Prior to Gen VI, the only way of getting EVs past 100 was to fight Pokémon (catching works too in Gen VI); each Pokémon has their own EV yield, so for example, defeating a Shinx would give you 1 Attack EV, and defeating a Roselia would give you 2 Sp. Atk EVs.

Note that I said "past 100" in the previous paragraph. This refers to Proteins, Calciums, Irons, etc. which add 10 EVs to a specific stat, though they only go up to 100 per stat, and that "100" includes any prior EV training, so if you find you're only able to use 8 Carbos, then you've probably already fought 11~20 Weedles or something. Y'know the Effort Ribbon given out by certain NPCs? That tells you that your Pokémon has reached 510 EVs, and that you're done with EV training. Y'know the Macho Brace and the Power items? Their in-game descriptions are very vague, as what they really do is boost the amount of EVs you gain from defeating Pokémon (same with Pokérus). The Macho Brace and Pokérus double the amount you gain (and can work in tandem, so you get quadruple the EV yield!), whereas the Power items are more specialized in each individual stat, ADDING 3 additional EVs onto what you gained from defeating a Pokémon. The drop in Speed is only while the item is held. That's the bulk of it down. I'd give a link to Bulbapedia's fancy article, but 3DS and all that.

@Prodigal

That's not what EVs are. They have nothing to do with types. Not sure if you're talking about egg groups.

Pokémon can have a maximum of 510 EVs (Effort Values), with 255 for each stat (though 252 is the last useful value, as stats go up per 4 EVs, hence why Super Training does this). Prior to Gen VI, the only way of getting EVs past 100 was to fight Pokémon (catching works too in Gen VI); each Pokémon has their own EV yield, so for example, defeating a Shinx would give you 1 Attack EV, and defeating a Roselia would give you 2 Sp. Atk EVs.

Note that I said "past 100" in the previous paragraph. This refers to Proteins, Calciums, Irons, etc. which add 10 EVs to a specific stat, though they only go up to 100 per stat, and that "100" includes any prior EV training, so if you find you're only able to use 8 Carbos, then you've probably already fought 11~20 Weedles or something.

Y'know the Effort Ribbon given out by certain NPCs? That tells you that your Pokémon has reached 510 EVs, and that you're done with EV training.

Y'know the Macho Brace and the Power items? Their in-game descriptions are very vague, as what they really do is boost the amount of EVs you gain from defeating Pokémon (same with Pokérus). The Macho Brace and Pokérus double the amount you gain (and can work in tandem, so you get quadruple the EV yield!), whereas the Power items are more specialized in each individual stat, ADDING 3 additional EVs onto what you gained from defeating a Pokémon. The drop in Speed is only while the item is held.

That's the bulk of it down. I'd give a link to Bulbapedia's fancy article, but 3DS and all that.

you misunderstood me.. i was making a joke about:

Posted Image

There is absolutely no proof for the bad egg and unless someone with video of the glitch happening appears, it's going to be fake, so you can continue on wonder trading till your hearts content.

I was hoping it was fake too, until I came across this video...

As much as I love wonder trade, I'm gonna lay off of it until this problem gets solved... I really don't want to to take the risk of it happening to me, even if the chances are low... 

The game has been hacked but no one can import the pokemon back into the physical game right now. It's not possible yet because the game has been hacked literally a few days ago. Bad Egg/Mystery Egg is real but it's a glitch. It's impossible to send/recieve eggs on wonder trade. You won't get one and chances are you'll never see one.

The game has been hacked but no one can import the pokemon back into the physical game right now. It's not possible yet because the game has been hacked literally a few days ago. Bad Egg/Mystery Egg is real but it's a glitch. It's impossible to send/recieve eggs on wonder trade. You won't get one and chances are you'll never see one.

I know you can't trade eggs, I just thought that the bad egg would appear out of nowhere if I use wonder trade... I'm kinda of getting confuse on what triggers it to get a bad egg =/

I know you can't trade eggs, I just thought that the bad egg would appear out of nowhere if I use wonder trade... I'm kinda of getting confuse on what triggers it to get a bad egg =/

Fuckups in the coding during the trade. Could be the server of a fault in connection. The chances of it happening are VERY low, like I said.

Fuckups in the coding during the trade. Could be the server of a fault in connection. The chances of it happening are VERY low, like I said.

Well at least thats a relief but still to be on the safe side I'll use wonder trade once in a while so my game won't get  messed up. =P

Hopfully Gamefreak/Nintendo make another patch for the game to correct that issue before it gets any worst.

I only did a Wonder Trade once and got a Goomy out of it... and what's the big idea with the Friend Safari... Many of the friends I registered don't have a third slot... meaning they haven't beaten the main story. I got a Normal Type but the guy didn't clear his main story... I need Ditto so bad for IV breeding... found out my Charizard has I think 0 IV in HP. And also if anyone wants a challenge... fight Psychic Inver, the guy behind inverse battles. It turned out his Pokemon varies every day and info is taken off the Batte Maison Pokemon. BEWARE! Because of that, his Pokemon are FULLY EV trained and have PERFECT IVs for ALL stats.