Shoutbox Vs. Chat Room

Ryon

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chatroom

Integrated Into Board, by Invision Power Team.

Gets updated when the forum gets updated, they usually fix minor errors.

Has its own tab.

Uses same user database list.

Small Fee of 10 dollars every... year? i think or 8 months.

Technical Support form IPB.

Shoutbox

Not completely integrated into the board, by 3rd party.

Displays on the forums main index page (front page) on the top.

Every user can post in there, except guests and validatings.

Everyone can see it as long as there on the index page.

Manually have to fix errors.

Has its own tab.

Uses same user database list.

Free.

Well to be honest when we update our status, its basically its own shoutbox. Plus this group likes to chat. Also I've seen at other forums people having full on conversations in the shoutbox and it can become pointless and take away from posting (sometimes). Then You dont want brand new members to come and request in it,then after they request they never come back,and thus will defeat the point of having the request station(though if the box were a the bottom MAYBE it could work but who would scroll all the way down to shout?) If you are trying to save 10 bucks shoutbox,otherwise I say chat stays.

chatroom makes more sense, just from tha logic alone which Genesis stated earlier. i myself usually overlook "traditional" shoutboxes, they always seem like clutter to me. tha status update we have here tho is much better, due to how it's set up. everything here is an option, a path if you will, to branch off into further if 1 so wishes, instead of it bein' shoved in your face so to speak, & that's klassy. & i remember Xat, couldn't stand that shit at all, lol.