Why is the Wiiu hated!?

Kanbei

Personally I dont hate the wii U Its just I Dont wanna spend my money on it Cause well........i dont need A New system And its not my style Plus too Much money what with the Economy and all so yeah.

Good point. All the Gaming systems (including Xbox-one, and PS4) should start out with reasonable prices so more people can be able to enjoy the games not trying leaving anybody behind which is why these companies are in a slump in getting more profit.

You got to think about it, the Wii-U is just an upgrade to Wii, so to me the game system shouldnt cost no more then $150.00-$200.00 which is a reasonable price for many people who finances are in a tite budget.

yes ik noob but Idk i just Dont see me playing it Im more used to 3DS more I guess its just my Opinon

It's cool Ani-san. :goodmood:

Besides everyone has their own taste of gaming. For me when it comes to playing videogames I am more on my PC then anything. In the future i'm more likly to retire from playing game systems but for now i'm still in to it just not playing them as often when I was a little kid. :goodmood:

It's cool Ani-san. :goodmood:

Besides everyone has their own taste of gaming. For me when it comes to playing videogames I am more on my PC then anything. In the future i'm more likly to retire from playing game systems but for now i'm still in to it just not playing them as often when I was a little kid. :goodmood:

Omg love your sig btw And yes I Agree im more of a PC Gamer Myself ^^ And That i can understand well when you have Jobs life collage etc.......

Omg love your sig btw And yes I Agree im more of a PC Gamer Myself ^^ And That i can understand well when you have Jobs life collage etc.......

Thanks! :goodmood:

And then the tides will turn when Smash Bros. 4 is released. Just like the 3DS with X/Y.

LOL! :=D:  GarcompMatt

I originally got my hands on a Wii U as a christmas present for one title: Bayonetta 2.  However, E3 revealed a number of interesting titles for the Wii U as well, not just Bayonetta 2. I'm definitely going to be getting Sonic Lost World and I'll be getting Resident Evil Revelations U once I raise enough money to purchase it. (which I'm close.)

As someone who doesn't really care much for getting this system at the moment, I'll try and give my piece of mind and remain civil about it at the same time.

1.) My Wii and Gamecube stuff still have a lot of mileage. I'd rather finish that stuff up first before moving onto a new system.

2.) Backwards compatability. No Gamecube disc/controller/memory card support. If I want to play my games, then in addition to paying for the system, I'd have to buy all my games all over again. That's not even getting into the issues of whether the games are even in the E-Shop, and all the data in my memory cards (seriously? Years of Chao raising on 5 Memory cards gone waste like that?) The reason this is an issue for me is because as the generations go by, and more and more egames come out, less and less of them really interest me. Being able to still play my older games if something happens to my older systems (Gamecube's started failing on me every now and then) is something I try to look for in a console.

3.) The game selection. Going to Wal*Mart, and some other stores, all I really see for the Wii U is ports of games that were already on PS3/Xbox. They didn't interest me then, they don't interest me now. I know this one will change over time with game releases, but at the moment, it doesn't really give me any incentive to buy the system.

4.) The controller. The thing that really boggles my mind with this system is that Nintendo basically decided to make a giant, 2-piece, DS system. I really don't see the logic in splitting a console into 2 screens. That this Ipad is also supposed to be a controller in addition to a screen... that design just doesn't look like it'll work... especially since I like playing fighting games. I've never actually played a Wii U, so please correct me about anything I get wrong about this issue.

5.) Money. At the moment, I don't have money to buy this system, period. On top of that, I've just now started considering getting a PS3 (I'm a little slow with the "Keeping up with the latest tech" thing), and I'm definitely not getting both. At the moment I could probably find a decent PS3 for a good price since it's been out for a while.

And then the tides will turn when Smash Bros. 4 is released. Just like the 3DS with X/Y.

There's a lot of truth to that statement :goodmood:  Still though, that doesn't apply to everyone. Killer Instinct isn't gonna make me buy an Xbox One, Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't gonna make me buy a PS4, X and Y aren't gonna make me buy a 3DS, and Smash Bros alone isn't gonna make me buy a Wii U.

Well um, that's my 2 cents on this matter.

As someone who doesn't really care much for getting this system at the moment, I'll try and give my piece of mind and remain civil about it at the same time.

1.) My Wii and Gamecube stuff still have a lot of mileage. I'd rather finish that stuff up first before moving onto a new system.

2.) Backwards compatability. No Gamecube disc/controller/memory card support. If I want to play my games, then in addition to paying for the system, I'd have to buy all my games all over again. That's not even getting into the issues of whether the games are even in the E-Shop, and all the data in my memory cards (seriously? Years of Chao raising on 5 Memory cards gone waste like that?) The reason this is an issue for me is because as the generations go by, and more and more egames come out, less and less of them really interest me. Being able to still play my older games if something happens to my older systems (Gamecube's started failing on me every now and then) is something I try to look for in a console.

3.) The game selection. Going to Wal*Mart, and some other stores, all I really see for the Wii U is ports of games that were already on PS3/Xbox. They didn't interest me then, they don't interest me now. I know this one will change over time with game releases, but at the moment, it doesn't really give me any incentive to buy the system.

4.) The controller. The thing that really boggles my mind with this system is that Nintendo basically decided to make a giant, 2-piece, DS system. I really don't see the logic in splitting a console into 2 screens. That this Ipad is also supposed to be a controller in addition to a screen... that design just doesn't look like it'll work... especially since I like playing fighting games. I've never actually played a Wii U, so please correct me about anything I get wrong about this issue.

5.) Money. At the moment, I don't have money to buy this system, period. On top of that, I've just now started considering getting a PS3 (I'm a little slow with the "Keeping up with the latest tech" thing), and I'm definitely not getting both. At the moment I could probably find a decent PS3 for a good price since it's been out for a while.

There's a lot of truth to that statement :goodmood:  Still though, that doesn't apply to everyone. Killer Instinct isn't gonna make me buy an Xbox One, Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't gonna make me buy a PS4, X and Y aren't gonna make me buy a 3DS, and Smash Bros alone isn't gonna make me buy a Wii U.

Well um, that's my 2 cents on this matter.

Goods points Man! That is one of the main things that kills it for me with the latest game systems that they don't have backwards compatabilities. These game companies (and Nintendo too) should know that are alot of people that still  play their classic games even if their out-dated they should have these game systems play old games from previous systems.

For example:

Wii-U should play: Wii-U > Wii > Gamecube > Dreamcast (if saga company would had allow it)

Ps4 should play: Ps4 > Ps3 > Ps2 > Ps1

Xbox-one should play: Xbox-One > Xbox360 > Xbox

If they would have Made these game system to do this Maaaan!!! everybody will still be happy with no disappointments. :goodmood:

Most of the gamers hates the Wii U, because the developers have revolutionized the way that you play the games. Those people like to play games with a traditional controller, they don't like new stuff like the nunchuk, just like the standard Wii. The developers are focusing so much on this revolution, but they have neglected the quality of the games themselves. I'm saying this because I'm informed about.

Actually, via one of those fancy universal controller cable things, you can actually use a GameCube controller on the Wii U. That has been my main gripe about Nintendo: gimmicks. It's Nintendo saying "Hey! Look! We can do this!", and it's not what people necessarily want. This is the precise reason as to why Lucario and Pokémon Trainer are practically useless in Smash Bros. Brawl; Nintendo focused too much on getting a gimmick working, and paid no attention to whether the character was good or not. Lucario's output damage went up the more damage he received, but by that time, you'd've been KO'd anyway because of how slow he is. Nintendo and their gimmicks are the sole reason the GameCube is (and probably always will be) my favourite gaming system; no frills and fancy shizz, just pure gaming experience with a normal controller (plus I'm a sucker for F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!).

Actually, via one of those fancy universal controller cable things, you can actually use a GameCube controller on the Wii U. That has been my main gripe about Nintendo: gimmicks. It's Nintendo saying "Hey! Look! We can do this!", and it's not what people necessarily want. This is the precise reason as to why Lucario and Pokémon Trainer are practically useless in Smash Bros. Brawl; Nintendo focused too much on getting a gimmick working, and paid no attention to whether the character was good or not. Lucario's output damage went up the more damage he received, but by that time, you'd've been KO'd anyway because of how slow he is. Nintendo and their gimmicks are the sole reason the GameCube is (and probably always will be) my favourite gaming system; no frills and fancy shizz, just pure gaming experience with a normal controller (plus I'm a sucker for F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!).

So am I my friend. So am I. :=D:

Just to think I still have my Gamcube system when it first came out around 2000-2001. :goodmood:

That has been my main gripe about Nintendo: gimmicks. It's Nintendo saying "Hey! Look! We can do this!", and it's not what people necessarily want.

That's the word I'm looking for. Unfortunately, those gimmicks are also slowly spreading to the other systems (Kinect and PSWand).

This is the precise reason as to why Lucario and Pokémon Trainer are practically useless in Smash Bros. Brawl; Nintendo focused too much on getting a gimmick working, and paid no attention to whether the character was good or not. Lucario's output damage went up the more damage he received, but by that time, you'd've been KO'd anyway because of how slow he is.

And then Project M came along and rectified all of that :=D:

You guys know that to make things backwards compatible costs money right? Hell, the only reason why the Wii was able to play Gamecube games was the architecture was extremely similar. Now would you guys spend another $50 on a system that you guys already deem "too expensive"? 

Most of the gamers hates the Wii U, because the developers have revolutionized the way that you play the games. Those people like to play games with a traditional controller, they don't like new stuff like the nunchuk, just like the standard Wii. The developers are focusing so much on this revolution, but they have neglected the quality of the games themselves. I'm saying this because I'm informed about.

No, only a few vocal idiots say that, the only reason why people hate the Wii U is because there's no games for it that are really worth owning at the moment.

You guys know that to make things backwards compatible costs money right? Hell, the only reason why the Wii was able to play Gamecube games was the architecture was extremely similar. Now would you guys spend another $50 on a system that you guys already deem "too expensive"? 

No, only a few vocal idiots say that, the only reason why people hate the Wii U is because there's no games for it that are really worth owning at the moment.

Even if the game systems are tad expensive for backwards compatibility, it will be worth it, the fact you are able to play old/classic games.

True Wii-U dosnt have many games but as "TheFclass97" said Nintendo needs more Third-party Support though next year Nintendo may have more games for it.

I don't think Wii U is hated.... I just think it needs more SUPPORT!

@Zoryuken

Not helping much.

And now for my 2cents

I have to say, the Wii U just lacks any original elements, the games are all ports that would be better left on other consoles, the controller scheme is just a 2-piece DS, and the backwards compatibility on the system seems to suck balls, when I tried to play Smash Bros Brawl with Ryon, he had to go into "Wii mode" and start all over again, it wasn't a very well thought out system there. And even the Wii didn't have many games worth owning, few I can name off the top of my head are RE4(GC ver, idk if you consider this a wii game) Smash Bros Brawl, and Pikmin. Granted I didn't get the chance to play too many games on the wii, but pretty much all I ever actually used my wii for was homebrew games because those were the only ones worth getting because they were free. Wii games cost more then they're worth, and unless Nintendo takes a good look at their errors, they'll likely make the same mistake here. Nintendo is a good company, I'll admit, but they have their flaws, and they just don't seem to be looking at the economy any.