Unpopular Opinions

Everyone has their own personal opinion on certain things but sometimes our opinions may differentiate from most people. Well, let's celebrate our different opinions by showcasing our own unpopular opinions in this thread. They don't have to be just of a TV show, movie, or video game, they can be unpopular opinions of real-life things as well.

So, here's some of mine to get the gist of it:

• Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS is just as good if not better than A's. In fact, I would say it's tied with A's as the best entry in the Lyrical Nanoha franchise in my opinion. Sure, A's was an amazing season but something about StrikerS makes it better for me. Unlike A's which was the most emotional and heartfelt entry in the franchise, StrikerS did the whole "magical girl meets mecha meets battle shonen" thing that the Nanoha franchise is known for and quadrupled it, and it was awesome. The battles were some of the best that entire Nanoha franchise has to offer, the new characters were great (except Regius Gaiz, the worst character in the entire franchise who isn't either from ViVid or Force, thank the Burning Gundam that he got killed near the end of the series), the villains (Jail Scaligetti & the Numbers and Lutecia, Garyu, Zest, and Agito) were good, the NanoFate fan service was great (them becoming the two "mamas" of Vivio put a smile to my face), how we saw Subaru, Teana, Erio, and Caro grow as mages/knights was great, and the last few episodes (especially the ending to the final episode) really capped off the season (and the original trilogy) so well that I honestly feel like the Lyrical Nanoha franchise should've (chronologically) ended there (like it was probably originally meant to be but no, Seven Arcs just had to make ViVid and Force, the two worst entries in the franchise). Overall, I love Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS and I think it's right up to par with A's if not, higher than it.
  • I think that Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi is so bad it's good. It so perfectly encapsulates what the 2000's were in a nutshell that it's hard to take it seriously.
  • I prefer physical media to digital media because at least with physical media, I can keep it forever unlike with digital streaming services where if the show you were watching was removed from there, tough luck kid.
  • Speaking of digital streaming services, there's so much better services to stream TV shows and TV movies than Netflix. Where I live (the United States), Hulu, Crunchyroll, Amazon, and even YouTube all offer so much better content than Netflix. With Netflix, most good stuff either has been removed from the service and/or is just not on there and most of the stuff on there is terrible or uninteresting to me. So, I feel like Netflix focuses more on quantity over quality really and that makes it terrible to me.
  • The Nintendo Switch is an overrated $300 glorified gaming tablet that doesn't deserve most of the praise it gets. It also has the absolute worst fanbase for any console ever because the fanboys just won't stop demanding every new game that gets announced to be ported on to it! I think you are honestly going to be better off with a PS4. Sure, it's online is more expensive than the Switch's but PS4 has a much better game library anyways so yeah.........
  • Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny are currently my two most favorite anime series of all time, nuff said.

So, feel free to share your own unpopular opinions if you have any you want to share.

^You are missing the "point" in more than two things up there, but to each it´s own.

- Boku No Hero Academia is STILL a generic shonen anime by all means.

What did is still what the previous did, Took notes to improve based on everything before and is just as unique as the previous ones at the time. The only thing missing is the epic good fights which was the trade for more "Words/story" time. Also every character suck at actual fighting skills (except Mashirao) which makes sense but still, this anime could use little filler during fights.

- Youtube´s Layout should keep the old ones as Options instead of completely remove them since they never really add any feature that breaks the previous one and suddenly forcing a change that was not needed to begin with never looks good.

- The lack of Local Multiplayer and online ONLY kills the game for me, while understandable why at times it´s removed, the most annoying and pointless one is "Can´t handle dual screen due the demanding graphics". No game should kill options for graphics (IMO)

- I know there are not many that draw, sprite or GFX on this forum BUT!

This Forum needs to completely separate  "Art Sub-section" from the "videos, music and memes, ect other media", is annoying and quiet sad to get your work buried and make it go unnoticed by these, and the fact you are so much better just only using the status update for artwork which shouldn´t (IMO) be a thing.

Guess that´s all for now.

2 hours ago, Ex✭Cᴀʜᴍ said:

^You are missing the "point" in more than two things up there, but to each it´s own.

Why?

I honestly thought that MGLN StrikerS was pretty polarizing even within the Lyrical Nanoha fandom. It's one of those shows that everyone seems to either love it or hate it and I also thought that most people (even those who liked StrikerS) tended to prefer A's to StrikerS.

• 3 months later...

Oh, and I have a few other ones:

• I hate Puella Magi Madoka Magica with a burning passion! The main protagonist is an all-around wimp who doesn't transform until near the end of the series, Kyubey is a sadistic stalker, the show treats magical girls in a negative light (I know it is supposed to be a deconstruction of the genre but it doesn't mean you have to make being a magical girl a bad thing!), the fact that people praise it for being so original and groundbreaking even though tons of magical girl series have had those types of themes before, and it's just a very cruel and mean-spirited rip-off of a much superior magical girl series which came out the previous year (HeartCatch Precure)! Overall, I think that PMMM is the most overrated magical girl series ever made and one of the most overrated animes ever made. If you like it, that's fine with me but Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (especially the first 3 seasons) is still the best magical girl anime of all time and WAY better than that pretentious, edgelord-and-elitst-pandering trash in my books.
  • I don't like Disney. They are the Apple of the entertainment industry: an incompetent, greedy, super-overrated-and-overhyped company who seeks to take over the world by making and selling sappy garbage to their loyal customers who are willing to eat up anything by their rodent overlords. Also, I'm baffled that the US government hasn't dismantled their monopoly yet as they've bought too much stuff (Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and recently Fox) over the past couple of years! If Walt Disney was still alive today, then he would facepalm at what his company has become! By the way, the only movies I like from them are Frozen and Lilo & Stitch.
  • Geneon's English dub of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's was terrible. Most of the voice actors of that dub sounded bored out of their minds and I feel like Christina Vee's voice just didn't fit the White Devil herself (especially when she was a child in the original and A's) that much. With voice acting so bland as oatmeal like that, it's no wonder why they never dubbed StrikerS. To me, nothing quite captures the essence of Nanoha and Fate more than their original Japanese seiyuus/voice actors Yukari Tamura and Nana Mizuki respectively.
  • I like Whoppers (I am talking about the candy, not the signature burgers from Burger King). Sure, they don't taste like the normal chocolates I'm used to but I dunno. I guess I just like anything chocolate with something crunchy inside.
  • I don't get the hate behind lima beans and candy corn.
  • Halo Top brand ice cream is underrated.
  • Sriracha sauce is the most overrated food stuff ever. It's too spicy and there's merchandise of it everywhere for some reason. I just can't stand it. It also doesn't help that people worship it like it was invented by the gods! Yeesh! It's just a glorified, souped-up Vietnamese hot sauce for crying out loud!

33 minutes ago, StrikeFreedomGirl555 said:

Oh, and I have another one: I hate Puella Magi Madoka Magica with a burning passion! The main protagonist is an all-around wimp who doesn't transform until near the end of the series, Kyubey is a sadistic stalker, the show treats magical girls in a negative light (I know it is supposed to be a deconstruction of the genre but it doesn't mean you have to make being a magical girl a bad thing!), the fact that people praise it for being so original and groundbreaking even though tons of magical girl series have those types of themes before, and it's just a very cruel and mean-spirited rip-off of a much superior magical girl series which came out the previous year (HeartCatch Precure)! Overall, I think that PMMM is the most overrated magical girl series ever made and one of the most overrated animes ever made. If you like it, that's fine with me but Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (especially the first 3 seasons) is still the best magical girl anime of all time and WAY better than that pretentious, edgelord-and-elitst-pandering trash in my books.

RIP me.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:09 PM, Ex✭Cᴀʜᴍ said:

- Youtube´s Layout should keep the old ones as Options instead of completely remove them since they never really add any feature that breaks the previous one and suddenly forcing a change that was not needed to begin with never looks good.

I agree. The same should happen with Gmail as well.

I also have two more to share:

• I find the whole debate on if pineapples should be put on pizza or not very dumb. I sure like me some pizza with pineapple on it (especially if it has chicken on it as well).
  • Mars's "Left Twix vs. Right Twix" ad campaign just doesn't make any sense to me because it's obvious that both of the bars look the exact same!

• 2 months later...

nowadays it's actually hard to find "unpopular" opinions, as everyone's trying to get noticed and the best way is (or "was") looking unpopular, different, deviant, etc... so I doubt there's any "unpopular" opinion nowadays that isn't directly linked to illegal behaviours. Not even such behaviours spark any general interest. Also opinions change according to experience, unless you're a wall. In that case no, opinions don't change. You don't even feel, if you're a wall. j/k

for example, if somebody said  " I don't think taxes should be paid " everybody would say "Nope, you must!" ... everyone would say it just to not get busted by the gov. Unpopular opinions just don't show themselves very often.

or, more superficially speaking, nobody would praise him/herself for wearing a pair of normal jeans, rather they would brag about something more eccentric.

Yep, this is my opinion... on opinions.

But I can change my mind in the future, probably.

• 1 month later...

OH WHERE TO START!

-The Neo-Saban era Power Rangers wasn't THAT bad, in fact Megaforce was pretty good

-T-Series should be #1 PewDiePie has had enough time in the spotlight

-Sword Art Online is good, people complain about it's fanservice despite the fact that LITERALLY EVERY ANIME OUT THERE HAS IT

-MUGEN needs a Homebrew console port, or at the very least a Rasberry Pi port

-Super Sentai is better than Kamen Rider, (though KR is still pretty good)

-Reddit's community fucking sucks

EDIT: I'll add more once I think of some

Boku No Hero Academia is STILL a generic shonen anime by all means.

What did is still what the previous did, Took notes to improve based on everything before and is just as unique as the previous ones at the time. The only thing missing is the epic good fights which was the trade for more "Words/story" time. Also every character suck at actual fighting skills (except Mashirao) which makes sense but still, this anime could use little filler during fights.

The only reason i hate it is because it's advertised as this wacky, cool looking, yet funny superhero show but all i get is a DC sob story. In fact im pretty sure they took the whole bully thing at the beginning from Shazam. Like cmon isnt DC not as popular in Japan

I hate Puella Magi Madoka Magica with a burning passion! The main protagonist is an all-around wimp who doesn't transform until near the end of the series, Kyubey is a sadistic stalker, the show treats magical girls in a negative light (I know it is supposed to be a deconstruction of the genre but it doesn't mean you have to make being a magical girl a bad thing!), the fact that people praise it for being so original and groundbreaking even though tons of magical girl series have had those types of themes before, and it's just a very cruel and mean-spirited rip-off of a much superior magical girl series which came out the previous year (HeartCatch Precure)! Overall, I think that PMMM is the most overrated magical girl series ever made and one of the most overrated animes ever made. If you like it, that's fine with me but Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (especially the first 3 seasons) is still the best magical girl anime of all time and WAY better than that pretentious, edgelord-and-elitst-pandering trash in my books.

Not to shit on what you like/dislike but aren't MG anime's for young girls? I mean like, it's fine to like a kids show but you have to look at it in the mindset of a kid.

nowadays it's actually hard to find "unpopular" opinions, as everyone's trying to get noticed and the best way is (or "was") looking unpopular, different, deviant, etc... so I doubt there's any "unpopular" opinion nowadays that isn't directly linked to illegal behaviours. Not even such behaviours spark any general interest. Also opinions change according to experience, unless you're a wall. In that case no, opinions don't change. You don't even feel, if you're a wall. j/k

Do you have a P.O. Box? I wanna mail you a trophy

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 10:44 PM, BookWormGreen said:

-T-Series should be #1 PewDiePie has had enough time in the spotlight

Not to shit on what you like/dislike but aren't MG anime's for young girls? I mean like, it's fine to like a kids show but you have to look at it in the mindset of a kid.

- To me, both T-Series and PewDiePie are cancer.

- Also, PMMM is targeted at adults, not children, much like the Lyrical Nanoha franchise but unlike Madoka, at least Nanoha doesn't dive straight into overly-angsty-fanfiction-esque territory (unless you count that dumpster heap of a manga simply known as Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force as canon).

• 1 month later...

worse than opinions which can be argued, it is the truth that really is unpopular and gains the worst reactions (especially when questioning opinions).

I've seen so many people I've directly confronted with their truth, neglecting it to the point of making them acting violent.

And I still don't know if to feel pity or hate for them. It must be pitiful to be them, and I probably hate the fact such people are usually in charge or in a powerful position to use repression as way to forget what has been said to them, to cover it all up and keep dreaming.

But do they really forget such words? Or are they just pretending to defend an authority they actually don't deserve?

Surprisingly, such people don't just keep their wrong behaviour, they push it on further as the counsciousness of public hate increases. That's why I pity them, because their only meaning of life is to keep guiding a mass that hates them.

UNPOPULAR OPINION

Rap music died with Tupac, Biggie, and Eazy-E

Gaming has turned into a cesspool of chaos because of the internet.

Anime has become progressively worse every year and Hayao Miyazaki was right.

Cats are still a far superior pet than dogs.

Cartoons from the 90s were and are far better than the crap we have today.

Love is nothing but a crutch for people who cannot handle being alone with themselves.

Religion is a crutch for people who cannot handle knowing that life is meaningless and that the only real meaning in life is what you perceive it to be.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, jo19sh92 said:

UNPOPULAR OPINION

Gaming has turned into a cesspool of chaos because of the internet.

Cartoons from the 90s were and are far better than the crap we have today.

I can agree on those two (mostly the latter).

• 1 month later...

I have a couple more to share:

-Touch screens and touch pads are very annoying to use and should stop being shoved down our throats on a constant basis (and this is coming from someone who grew up owning a DS lite and currently owns two Android smart phones, a broken 3DS XL, a 2DS, and a Dell Inspiron laptop that runs on Windows 10 [which is the laptop I am currently using as of typing]).

-Windows 10 gets too much hate. Really. Just download and install O&O's ShutUp10, Open Shell, and the Winaero Tweaker and then I feel like you guys just might like it more.

-And speaking of Windows 10, Microsoft really needs to bring back the Classic theme in a future update for it as has been absent from Windows operating systems since 8 and I want my laptop to run faster so bringing it back would be a great idea.

-The War on Drugs was a mistake and all drugs should be legalized. (I still wouldn't take any drugs except for medical purposes though but still.....)

-I hate superhero movies and how over-saturated and formulaic they are nowadays.

-I also hate the horror genre in general.

-Coca Cola Zero Sugar > Diet Coke

-I honestly fail to get the hype about coffee. I've always hated the taste.

-Flip phones (no, folding phones don't count) need to have a major comeback/revival worldwide. The Android flip phones (yes they are a thing) that Japan has honestly look awesome. Why can't the rest the world have them as well or at least, a company or two make a peripheral or case of sorts that turns smartphones into flip phones (No, keyboards don't count. I want a peripheral or case that has basically the same physical maneuvers as some of the more recent Japanese flip phone models. Honestly, as Peter Griffin once said, "Why aren't we/are we not funding this?")?

-There really needs to be a decent Pokemon clone/ "monster tamer" game with combine-able giant robots/mechs.

-Pale Moon is a decent web browser.

-Apple and their products are trash.

oh boy, where do i start? there's this anime everyone and their grandmother's cat have been raving about...i believe it's called demon slayer or something similar? i've been meaning to catch up from where i left off⁠—which would be around the time the pikachu guy and the pumbaa guy got introduced—but no matter the amount of effort i put into it, i always end up with the conclusion that watching paint dry is much more worth wasting my time on than sitting through these two buffoons shouting at the top of their lungs and just generally being unfunny and obnoxious. my idea of humor clearly doesn't resonate with the general public from what it seems :p

tl;dr demon slayer is overrated. period. now i'll see myself out before the fanboys come ganging up on me...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

- Sakurai has really run out of ideas with SSB Ultimate, its' roster, and its' DLC. Seriously, why did they let the hero from a game nobody (outside of Japan) cares for (no offense to any Dragon Quest fans) be a playable character while my boy Zero (from Mega Man X) gets regulated to a freaking Assist Trophy! I feel like Sakurai should just give up with Smash at this point.

- Speaking of SSB, I prefer playing Smash with no items except for the Smash Ball over playing Smash with items.

- Gurren Lagann really isn't that great of a show. It's good but it sorta falls into the category of, what the Nostalgia Critic tackled in one of his editorials, "so good it's bad" to me. BTW, "so good it's bad" basically means that something feels perfect but you can't connect with it much. Also, the less talked about the nonsensical plot twist about Mina, Nina, or whatever that blue-haired girl Simon was attracted to called the better.

- I like Ash Crimson.

- There needs to be more maid characters in fighting games. I mean, we have Sakuya, Iroha, Kohaku, Hisui, and Mech-Hisui but come on!

- There also honestly needs to be more fighting games and MUGEN characters with controls similar to the Automatic Mode in InuYasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale, Gundam SEED Battle Assault, and Gundam SEED Destiny and the Easy Operation Mode in Capcom VS. SNK 2 EO.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some of mine.

-Sword Art Online is a guilty pleasure to me. I play the mobile MMORPG, in fact.
-I can never, ever appreciate the taste of beer. I'm more of into wine, though.
-I find Death Battle by ScrewAttack to be unreliable in determining who wins in a fight.

-Cilantro is enjoyable to eat, even when raw.

• 4 weeks later...

Normally there are opinions i find are popular. I dunno which will be which for now even when i list these (Theres probably not much i can list)

• I find Jason Griffith as Sonic super overused than Any other english Voice actor of sonic. Already knew how he started a little rough and became better throughout the years but its not worthy for me to like his performance as much especially how he sounded stupid as Jet the hawk (his Usopp performance is the same) (no offense)
  • In my type of head-canon Kathleen Delaney (you know. the 4kids voice actress of Rouge the bat?) to be more fitting (in my head-canon) as a Sonic Comic character named "Nic The Weasle" (or Nicolette the Weasel) rather than Rouge (obviously being too deep sounding for a bat thief) I understand it may not be fitting for certain characters but its my type of head-canon.
  • It is quite highly underrated for certain mario characters to make a 3-D appearance or a Re-appaerance. Like Kammy Koopa or even a couple others i do not remember.
  • That Mario Maker 2 resprite of luigi: Becoming the new overused sprite over Super Mario All Stars+ SMW Luigi (In my view of an opinion) The thing is to me i grew up with the SMAS sprite and i was fond of it even when it was overused. But SMM2... its ugly (Too much reminding of the original recolored sprite of Mario in the original standalone release of SMW)

On 7/27/2018 at 11:26 AM, TheWhiteDevil27 said:

Everyone has their own personal opinion on certain things but sometimes our opinions may differentiate from most people. Well, let's celebrate our different opinions by showcasing our own unpopular opinions in this thread. They don't have to be just of a TV show, movie, or video game, they can be unpopular opinions of real-life things as well.

So, here's some of mine to get the gist of it:

• Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS is just as good if not better than A's. In fact, I would say it's tied with A's as the best entry in the Lyrical Nanoha franchise in my opinion. Sure, A's was an amazing season but something about StrikerS makes it better for me. Unlike A's which was the most emotional and heartfelt entry in the franchise, StrikerS did the whole "magical girl meets mecha meets battle shonen" thing that the Nanoha franchise is known for and quadrupled it, and it was awesome. The battles were some of the best that entire Nanoha franchise has to offer, the new characters were great (except Regius Gaiz, the worst character in the entire franchise who isn't either from ViVid or Force, thank the Burning Gundam that he got killed near the end of the series), the villains (Jail Scaligetti & the Numbers and Lutecia, Garyu, Zest, and Agito) were good, the NanoFate fan service was great (them becoming the two "mamas" of Vivio put a smile to my face), how we saw Subaru, Teana, Erio, and Caro grow as mages/knights was great, and the last few episodes (especially the ending to the final episode) really capped off the season (and the original trilogy) so well that I honestly feel like the Lyrical Nanoha franchise should've (chronologically) ended there (like it was probably originally meant to be but no, Seven Arcs just had to make ViVid and Force, the two worst entries in the franchise). Overall, I love Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS and I think it's right up to par with A's if not, higher than it.
  • I think that Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi is so bad it's good. It so perfectly encapsulates what the 2000's were in a nutshell that it's hard to take it seriously.
  • I prefer physical media to digital media because at least with physical media, I can keep it forever unlike with digital streaming services where if the show you were watching was removed from there, tough luck kid.
  • Speaking of digital streaming services, there's so much better services to stream TV shows and TV movies than Netflix. Where I live (the United States), Hulu, Crunchyroll, Amazon, and even YouTube all offer so much better content than Netflix. With Netflix, most good stuff either has been removed from the service and/or is just not on there and most of the stuff on there is terrible or uninteresting to me. So, I feel like Netflix focuses more on quantity over quality really and that makes it terrible to me.
  • The Nintendo Switch is an overrated $300 glorified gaming tablet that doesn't deserve most of the praise it gets. It also has the absolute worst fanbase for any console ever because the fanboys just won't stop demanding every new game that gets announced to be ported on to it! I think you are honestly going to be better off with a PS4. Sure, it's online is more expensive than the Switch's but PS4 has a much better game library anyways so yeah.........
  • Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny are currently my two most favorite anime series of all time, nuff said.

So, feel free to share your own unpopular opinions if you have any you want to share.

Someone that hates the Switch? Well, that's fine. Not everyone can like it, but holy fuck do I agree about the Switch's fanbase! Not every game has to have a Switch port! Oh, and don't get me started on how they hate the Wii U just because it's "not like the Switch". BTW, The PS4 is also a good console as well.