[Gen6][3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Arya Chan ☆

I think everyone knows what I think of Greninja by now, so I'm just gonna "This" FU's post.

I thought the starters in Gen 6 could have been better. Froakie I thought nothing of until I saw its final evo. Fennekin I always hated from the start. Oh wow, it's a fennec fox. And because it's a fox of coarse it becomes instantly popular. I was hoping Delphox would change my opinion on Fennekin, but I felt like I was just hoping for too much. Chespin was the one I did like. He looked rather cute, and his evo Quilladin is just about the most adorable Pokemon since Bidoof and Oshawott. (IMO) ...But Chesnaut came out and I was disappointed. I was really hoping he would look bulkier, but he ended up being a relatively skinny creature with an oversized T-Shirt. He's still cool and all, but I guess I was just hoping for something else.

IMO

Fennekin>Chespin>Froakie

Braixen>Quallidan>Frogadier

Greninja>=Delphox(Braixen and Fennekin looked better)>Chesnaught

In appearance obviously, I still prefer Delphox more as a Pokemon, Even that people say he is the weakest out of them

Out of the three Kalos starters, Delphox is the only one that is completely unviable in OU, so the claim that hes the weakest has merit. Chesnaught may be UU, but he stops Aegislash cold, and has that nifty EdgeQuake resistance, which nobody other than Breloom can claim, so he still has a place in OU despite being a lower tier mon. Delphox just gets torn apart by the highest ranking threats, and its psychic typing isn't doing it any favors at all in a gen dominated by dark type attacks.

Why does Greninja have Ice Beam? Could it be something to do with covering a weakness? Also, Ice is a nasty offensive type.

chesnaught_by_theangryaron-d6z3dsk.png

Wat.

Don't look at me, I don't use Greninja. I'm just stating what I often see.

By skinny I didn't mean Delphox/Greninja/Blaziken/etc. skinny. He's still awesome, I just, eh, not sure. Expected him to be even bigger I guess. Like maybe Rhyperior or Aggron bulky.

Chesnaught is cool. I love the Spiky Shield+Rocky Helmet combo on mine. Touch her whether she's protected or not, damage will still be inflicted... unless the attack is obviously a special move. Back to this... I don't judge Pokemon by looks... only by how they unleash their potential. Delphox may not learn as many moves but it can be pretty useful if you utilize it right and use the stats to your best advantage. Greninja? That Pokemon's a big threat if you use him carefully. I don't get how people don't like to use the Pokemon just because of looks... have they searched the movepool?

Chesnaught is cool. I love the Spiky Shield+Rocky Helmet combo on mine. Touch her whether she's protected or not, damage will still be inflicted... unless the attack is obviously a special move. Back to this... I don't judge Pokemon by looks... only by how they unleash their potential. Delphox may not learn as many moves but it can be pretty useful if you utilize it right and use the stats to your best advantage. Greninja? That Pokemon's a big threat if you use him carefully. I don't get how people don't like to use the Pokemon just because of looks... have they searched the movepool?

People tend to have more fun playing with Pokemon they find cool than Pokemon that are strong but don't appeal to them. I'm that way to be honest. There are certain Pokemon I dislike so much I will not use them, so I use Pokemon I like in the game, and in general I have fun doing it. People say I will like a Pokemon more if I use it more, but I've used Talonflame quite a lot, and honestly still don't like him that much. Yeah, he's strong, but he's visually ugly. But in general I find that I can still fun with certain Pokemon I don't like that much if my team still has a lot of cool Pokemon. Plus, cool Pokemon can STILL be strong when used right.

...Which makes me wonder if I gave Diggersby more of a chance if I could have turned him into something. From what I know, he's one of the few early-on rodent Pokemon who's actually viable in OU. (He's a Borderline type Pokemon, which means he's generally too strong for UU, but not strong enough to actually dominate in OU, but can definitely be used.) I always liked him, but I discarded him early on in favor of a team with Chestnaut, Gengar, Excadrill, Mandibuzz, Shiny Talonflame, and Lucario/Blastoise (Switch between some of them).

@Mugo

I'm in that boat as well, I decide who I like from looks(I agree that Talonlame looks ugly btw, A fat bird but I wouldn't mind using him)

If I let power the deciding factor over who I like more, 'd doubt I'll like the game as much as I do now

I go by both. I'll only use Pokémon I like, but I'll only use them if they're a benefit to me. I mean, Rotom's base forme is my favourite, but I know he's inferior to his other formes in all 'cept speed.

Except Typhlosion. I know he's got a terrible movepool, but I love him to bits.

I go by both. I'll only use Pokémon I like, but I'll only use them if they're a benefit to me. I mean, Rotom's base forme is my favourite, but I know he's inferior to his other formes in all 'cept speed.

I guess Air Balloon Spin Rotom counts for nothing then :p

Anyway, viability rankings are a more accurate representation of how good a Pokemon is rather than their usage tiers. Sure, Hippowdon is UU, but he's A-rank in the OU environment which is pretty damn high, especially for a UU Pokemon. Then you have OU Pokemon like Espeon, Togekiss, and Goodra who occupy a C+-rank and lower. And D rank is pretty much everything that you shouldn't be using and shouldn't even be ranked except for stuff like Hawlucha, who's banned from UU so they have no choice BUT to rank him.

EDIT: Just realized Hawlucha was C-, which is still pretty damn low.

I don't get it, Aegislash S rank? To be honest, I don't normally have problems fighting him, especially since it is easily destroyed by Will-O-Wisp. It can King Shield all it wants, but it only protects it from attacks. Things like Will-O-Wisp and Taunt still work on him.

...Then again, I play 1V1 too much and a lot of the Pokemon I use in 1V1 are fire types, so maybe that's why. But I ALSO do not get how Charizard X is above Charizard Y in viability. This is how I am against the two...

Charizard X: This could be tough. O_o

Charizard Y: I'm doomed! OnO

From what I know, it might be X's speed advantage (Which makes little sense since Y looks a LOT faster) as well as typing, but Charizard Y usually destroys my team.

I don't get it, Aegislash S rank? To be honest, I don't normally have problems fighting him, especially since it is easily destroyed by Will-O-Wisp. It can King Shield all it wants, but it only protects it from attacks. Things like Will-O-Wisp and Taunt still work on him.

...Then again, I play 1V1 too much and a lot of the Pokemon I use in 1V1 are fire types, so maybe that's why. But I ALSO do not get how Charizard X is above Charizard Y in viability. This is how I am against the two...

Charizard X: This could be tough. O_o

Charizard Y: I'm doomed! OnO

From what I know, it might be X's speed advantage (Which makes little sense since Y looks a LOT faster) as well as typing, but Charizard Y usually destroys my team.

Aegislash doesnt give a fuck about burn nowadays since all of them carry Shadow Ball now. And Charizard X's higher viability is due to the fact that Charizard Y is extremely one-dimensional whereas Charizard X is a bit more unpredictable between Offensive Dragon Dance, Bulky Dragon Dance, and Bulky Will-o-Wisp.

You really dont have a clue about the metagame do you?

Chikorita is my favorite starter or better yet wipes/grass types is what I always pick when starting a pokemon game

Pokemon RBY: Bulbasaur

Pokemon GSC: Chikorita

Pokemon RSE: Treeko

Pokemon DPP: Turtwig

Pokemon BW/BW2: Snivy

Pokemon X/Y: Chespin

I don't give a damn about tiers and viability... I use Pokemon that aren't usually used by other players. Aegislash..? Please, not all Aegislash are physical users. They have the same base Sp Atk as physical Attack but not many special moves. I run Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, HP (Forgot the type) and King's Shield.

Aegislash doesnt give a fuck about burn nowadays since all of them carry Shadow Ball now. And Charizard X's higher viability is due to the fact that Charizard Y is extremely one-dimensional whereas Charizard X is a bit more unpredictable between Offensive Dragon Dance, Bulky Dragon Dance, and Bulky Will-o-Wisp.

You really dont have a clue about the metagame do you?

I do know quite a bit about the metagame, I was just asking a question about their viability.

Chikorita is my favorite starter or better yet wipes/grass types is what I always pick when starting a pokemon game

Pokemon RBY: Bulbasaur

Pokemon GSC: Chikorita

Pokemon RSE: Treeko

Pokemon DPP: Turtwig

Pokemon BW/BW2: Snivy

Pokemon X/Y: Chespin

Gen 1:All of them, Can't decide

Gen 2:Cyndaquil

Gen 3:Torchic(All of them are meh but I was about to choose Treeko)

Gen 4:All of them are cool, Went with Infernape, Will do it again, But Empoleon is awesome, Maybe more than Infernape

Gen 5:Snivy

Gen 6:Fennekin

I generally always use Fire Starters but Gen 5 changed that

I: Squirtle (Charmander in LG)

II: Totodile

III: Mudkip (Treecko in OR when it comes out)

IV: Chimchar 

V: Oshawott in Black2, Snivy in White

VI: Froakie

I jumped from Gen II to Gen IV... don't know why. I usually start with Water types because it's my favorite type. Chimchar changed it in Gen IV. I just pick whom I feel more comfortable starting the game with, except the Johto starters... it will always be Totodile when it comes to that.

it's been awhile

also

goodbye nintendo wifi