j

Ryon

The concept of stealing pixels is nonsense. What he does is what anyone else can do as well. it's nothing special. Besides "his" work is nothing but a manipulation of Cyclops sprites by Capcom. In either case it's all copyrighted so you tell me what right he has over pixels?

I have to disagree with Cayne, because your arguments are full of holes.

This falls in the same case of "fanart". So, by your logic, if someone draws a picture of Ryu, anyone can just take it and modify it because its copyrighted by Capcom?

This is nonsense, his Cyclops is still online and still the same. I've done nothing except alter a copy that was originally a Kung Fu Man to begin with.

The question is: why you choose to pick an edited character, which the authors had spent tons of hours of hard work, instead of the common Cyclops?

His character was released for all of us to have and use; if he didn't want copies being altered then he should have never shared it to begin with.

Some mugen foruns works like that, but this is not how the law works in many places. The argument "if its on the internet its free" its me most reatard motto someone can use. Shutterstock put their images online, but try to use their images just because they are on the internet and you will see what happens...

I'm not the only one altering his stuff either, there are many of us who do, the only difference is I share my edits for others to enjoy.

Bingo. That is the question: you like to only get things from other people and edit and release as OMFG its a cool char. 

AND aside from all of this, do you honestly want nobody to have a new Green Ranger character just to satisfy verz? Are you gonna take away their character? Should I delete all of this and not release anything, would that be better for the community or worse?

*Ax uses Reversing Guilt

*Its not very effective

Why can't I take a shortcut? Do you rip Capcom's sprites every time you need them or do you use someone else's rips? Exactly, if it's there and ready, why not do it O?!

because you only use shortcuts from people which had the hard work. About the rips, I use the rips that were ripped for that propouse, like Kong's one. Or, when I need to use SOME sprites, like effects, I credited the author. But never the whole character just because I want.

I have nothing against you personally, i just disagree with this view on owning pixels and anyone else can simply duplicate or make better, other times worse LOL

But I have. You are an attention whore and all you want to have is audience and now you have it. And I know this will make the sprites worse.

Anyway, i hope you'll be reasonable and listen to reason. I've done nothing really wrong, how can you steal a copy that is infinite and free? How can you alter it if it's still on your blogs?!

peace.

You can relax, I won't waste my precious time by arguing with you anymore, because its like to play chess with a pidgeon.

I am ok when somone gets the character from other people and edit it to make a new version, unless the character is an original character. Its polite to ask, you won't die because you do it.

Ryon, sorry for derailing a topic, I really loves this place because its very different from all other places, but somethings still get on my nerves.

Just wanted to point out that we don't police Mugen creations for sprites/sounds/etc that were used without the original author's permission, considering not only the site's intended purpose as a warehouse, but also the vast amount of Mugen creations makes such policing methods impractical. Not to mention that when most Mugen websites DID police such Mugen creations prior to 2007, the results were... messy, and that's putting it politely.

To be fair, Ax did credit Loganir and Verz in the first post for the source of his sprites. I'm not saying what he did was right, but I'm not saying he's wrong either, since he hasn't broken any rules here in regards to this matter.

I respect that O. I know your just defending your friends work and glad you didnt explode on me for saying it was a good argument. I feel as long as Loganir and Verz do not have anything to say it should be ok. I do disagree with your last sentiment to a degree AX. You say we shouldn't put names on the creations because of the politics behind. I believe names are important not for the glory of creating a cool looking green ranger or Cyclops, but so that people who likes the char can know who made it for future collaboration purpuses. If I had the time to truly learn how to create there wouldb be plenty of people I would like to work with.

If you need answers...

The irony is that you do the same thing, you take someone else's work (Capcom), then "copyright" it to your own name and thus forbidding others to use it because now it's "yours", if others wanna use it they have to pay you by adding your name and going through a transaction, "permission", (you can say no btw) even though you in no way own that image or have any right to it, even if you added or drew your own pixels of it in that likeness of that property, that still isn't yours just because you copied it differently.

Get it?

So how can you tell me not to take when you clearly took for yourself as well? If you got it freely then why can't I get it freely to? After all the source wasn't  you because you got it from capcom to begin with.

Tell me something, did you ask the individual artist that drew that stuff, I know the company said it was cool as long as it wasn't for profit but did you respect the guy who did all the hard work behind the companies who spent all the hours making it? Did you ask him also? How they felt about it? The company might say fine but every artist involved in that company didn't have a say? That's right you never asked permission from the people you identify yourself with.

Ah so now we are both doing the same things!

So we either are all in this the same way or you should quit now and never touch another property that you never owned or asked permission for, including taking down all of "your" works (which is impossible by now since thousands of copies have all ready been distributed).

Would Shutterstock still claim it as their image if you changed the palette or added 1 pixel? Would it be yours now and free to use? By your logic, yes it would be yours because you put hard work into it and, no, nobody is allowed to use it because it's now "yours".

So which is it? Is it yours or theirs?

-This is exactly what you told me I couldn't do, but you did it to! You take Capcom and modify it and say, "no one else is allowed but me."

You can't contain an image for yourself, that's why the copyright laws don't work that well.

But the point is that you are doing the same thing I'm doing. We should be allies, not foes.

Well...okay, I can understand, why you hate Touhou and Harry Potter, but I do NOT understand, why you hate something as godly as Doctor Who.

Because there is nothing to hate about Doctor Who...unless you hate sci-fi in general, then I understand.

you may understand why i hate touhou (but i doubt it), but i guarantee you dont understand harry potter. and there is no such thing as sumthing that every loves. so doctor who... yeah. hate it.