The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

19 hours ago, Darkflare said:

One of the worms proceeded to head toward Lightflare, although it was aiming to be in front of him rather than going for him directly as if to stop him from advancing.

xGkrj0n.jpg

(Looks like I haven't gone unnoticed...those things can't see underground. Yet they always seem to know where we are. I think I know why...)

ufJDavC.jpg

LightFlare suddenly stamps the ground as dark energy rises from his body for a split moment. He then holds his hand above his head as ground around him shakes....

The worm cuts it's distance short and simply burrows back underground just behind Melina. The HA Soldier proceeded to swing at Melina with enough force to knock her down if the attack hit. One of the shield soldiers came over to assist the HA soldier positioning to cut off Melina's attempts at escaping.

4CvHa1T.png

Meanwhile Melina is engaged in close quarters combat. The H.A. Soldier's swing was powerful but too slow to connect as Melina backstepped before the blow could connect. However this was exactly what the sheild soldier was counting on as now Melina was closer to him. Melina slightly crouches and tenses her body focusing on her surroundings...

The remaining HA soldiers had finished charging up their weapons. They proceeded to let out a shout and point toward the group as the shield soldiers proceeded to bang the front of their shields as a taunt. They picked up their pace in marching toward the group as they began to approach their nearest enemy. One of the worms split off and went to aid the one that was to block Lightflare as it proceeded to head behind Light. The other two worms went further ahead intending to attack their backline.

ufJDavC.jpg

LightFlare continued to hold his hand above him as the ground shook...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, Darkflare said:

The worm cuts it's distance short and simply burrows back underground just behind Melina. The HA Soldier proceeded to swing at Melina with enough force to knock her down if the attack hit. One of the shield soldiers came over to assist the HA soldier positioning to cut off Melina's attempts at escaping.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:28 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

4CvHa1T.png

Meanwhile Melina is engaged in close quarters combat. The H.A. Soldier's swing was powerful but too slow to connect as Melina backstepped before the blow could connect. However this was exactly what the sheild soldier was counting on as now Melina was closer to him. Melina slightly crouches and tenses her body focusing on her surroundings...

CXSYg3n.jpg

'I'm going in,' Raina thought. With the shield soldier distracted against Melina, he'd be vulnerable to an attack from behind. Raina prepared a large orb and sent it towards the Shield Soldier, before flying down behind the orb to close the distance between her and the shield-bearer. The soldier would have to chose to deal with either Raina or Melina - and probably take punishment from the other.

• 4 weeks later...

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE OF THE WARRIOR'S HANGOUT

Spotting the lady at the front counter pestering the group to buy memberships was a surefire sign for Penelope to get the heck outta there; without money, she'd have probably been given the boot, anyway! As long as she stayed near the Hangout, she'd probably be fine, and maybe she'd be able to catch up with them later. However long that took, anyway...maybe she'd need to dash in there in case they were stuck in there for days on end. Or weeks. Or months, even. The idea of joining them in that fighting training thing was starting to sound a lot better the more she thought about it, so she stopped thinking about it. She needed to find something to do until they got finished, though, so she started to scan the area. She tried her best to be as inconspicuous as possible; she at least wanted to let them know before she got forcefully sent home!

b07c7cc226.png

Penelope: (Alright, now where's a good place to go in the meantime? I wonder if that concert thing is still going on, maybe I can check out what's going on over there!)

Sure enough, there was still a pretty big gathering not too far from the Warrior's Hangout, so she decided to make her way over to it. She assumed it'd be pretty easy for her to retrace her steps, so unless she got kidnapped or something, she'd be fine! She just hopped they were playing actually good music there, otherwise she'd have to find some place else to crash at until they got finished! Once she got there, sure enough they were indeed playing good music, and live! 

a501ec99f0.png

Penelope: (Oooh, I got suuper lucky! Now, I just gotta sneak into the crowd from the back...)

She wormed her way in from the back of the gathered crowd, utilizing her small size to weave through the crowd towards the front. It was only a matter of time before she managed to slip into the front.

b07c7cc226.png

Penelope: (Now, to sit back and enjoy the show!)

And that's just what she did. She got really lucky with the people; they were friendly enough to let her get to the front without throwing a fit, and it looked like the security, if there was any, anyway, didn't care much about her sneaking in. Maybe people didn't need tickets to watch the show? Whatever the case was, this was definitely going to kill the time until they got done with the training thing!

On 7/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, Darkflare said:

The worm would screech as it was struck before the force of the attack tore a hole right through it's skin

P2tbVPL.png

I love it when a plan comes together. Now to seal the deal...

Umbra calls his two wolves to his side. He points toward the soldiers as he runs toward them with his familiars on each side of him. Meanwhile Anwalt sits atop a griffon disgusted at the fact he's been instructed to stay there, while Lucent floats behind the others.

VbvkNXb.png

Great...I'm up here and all the action is down there. I guess I'll play nice...for now...

uejEFLZ.png

(I know it's only a matter of time before your patience runs out...until then..)

CXqCJeh.png

Boon of Swiftness!

OkK05hR.gif

Anwalt casts Boon of Swiftness on Melina.

System Information

1. Umbra

Sadistic Desire: Active (x1.25 attack and speed boost, x0.75 defense demerit)

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 8/10.

3. Melina Braveheart

Quickened (Boon of Swiftness Buff): 3 turns left

ufJDavC.jpg

LightFlare suddenly stamps the ground as dark energy rises from his body for a split moment. He then holds his hand above his head as ground around him shakes....

When Lightflare stomps the ground, he is given a quick reminder of the current terrain as the soft sand absorbs the impact of his forceful stomp. The ground shaking causes Light to sink deeper into the terrain as the worm "swam" circles around him. Another owrm arrives and join in, helping to cut off Light's movement options.

4CvHa1T.png

The HA soldier recovers from his swing and proceeds to aim his weapon and fire. At this short distance and with the power the weapon had, it would also adopt "armor break" properties. The shield soldier got into position to cut off any escape before...

On 7/31/2019 at 2:32 PM, Dumanios said:

CXSYg3n.jpg

'I'm going in,' Raina thought. With the shield soldier distracted against Melina, he'd be vulnerable to an attack from behind. Raina prepared a large orb and sent it towards the Shield Soldier, before flying down behind the orb to close the distance between her and the shield-bearer. The soldier would have to chose to deal with either Raina or Melina - and probably take punishment from the other.

With the shielder focused on Melina it was unable to react in time to defend himself from the orb.

44 minutes ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

P2tbVPL.png

I love it when a plan comes together. Now to seal the deal...

Umbra calls his two wolves to his side. He points toward the soldiers as he runs toward them with his familiars on each side of him.

The remaining soldiers proceeded to rush toward Umbra. The HA soldiers tried to use their remaining shielders as cover as they moved closer. If they got fairly close, the Shielders would proceed to have their shields create a blinding light infront of them in an attempt to disable their close adversary.

The remaining worms proceeded to head directly toward Lucent intending to attack him.

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x5

Shield Soldiers x2

Heavy Armor Soldiers x4

Invasion Portal: Off (24/25)

Enemy Invader: Absent

On 8/27/2019 at 11:50 PM, Darkflare said:

When Lightflare stomps the ground, he is given a quick reminder of the current terrain as the soft sand absorbs the impact of his forceful stomp. The ground shaking causes Light to sink deeper into the terrain as the worm "swam" circles around him. Another owrm arrives and join in, helping to cut off Light's movement options.

LsFwTZk.jpg

LightFlare, seemingly unaware of the worms, maintains his position and continues to hold his arm in the air as the ground shakes...

The HA soldier recovers from his swing and proceeds to aim his weapon and fire. At this short distance and with the power the weapon had, it would also adopt "armor break" properties. The shield soldier got into position to cut off any escape before...

r004Xl3.jpg

Melina uses her sudden bost of speed from Lucent's Boon of Swiftness to narrowly dodge the blast. Realizing the sheild soldier was down and how strong the HA soldier may be, Melina lowers her stance firmly plants her feet as she prepares to deliver the next blow. If it connects the HA soldier will be in a stunned state for one turn and the strike can also pierce armor.

The remaining soldiers proceeded to rush toward Umbra. The HA soldiers tried to use their remaining shielders as cover as they moved closer. If they got fairly close, the Shielders would proceed to have their shields create a blinding light infront of them in an attempt to disable their close adversary.

P2tbVPL.png

You soldiers are actually beginning to show some life aren't you?! Allow me to guide you to the other side of that coin!

Umbra points out as the two wolves dart out quickly circling around the left and right sides of the soldiers formation. They suddenly spin like drills as they burrow under the soldiers hoping to loosen the sand they were standing on. Meanwhile Umbra takes his normal axe in one hand while creating a second "spirit" axe in the other. With both axes attached to chaines, Umbra flinds them out behind him and swings them inward like claws of a crab. The normal axe can possibly become lodged into whatever it makes contact with while the spirit axe will explode on contact. Seeing all this...Anwalt's patience runs out...

3JHnYjM.png

That's it! I can't hang around in the damn sky all day! Ha!

Anwalt leaps of the Griffon into the air, draws back his fist and charges his Black Doom Spear hurling his body down like a comet descending from the sky toward the group of soldiers.

CXqCJeh.png

(And there he goes...better give gim a boost)

uejEFLZ.png

Strengthen!

X9W5izI.gif

Lucent uses Firestorm to strenthen Anwalt's attack power as he decendeded to earth to confront his foes. A barrier formed in front of Anwalt similar to comet entering the planets atmosphere.

The remaining worms proceeded to head directly toward Lucent intending to attack him.

CXqCJeh.png

Well...it seems I have my own pests to deal with...

System Information

1. Umbra

Sadistic Desire: Active (x1.25 attack and speed boost, x0.75 defense demerit)

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 9/10.

3. Melina Braveheart

Quickened (Boon of Swiftness Buff): 2 turns left

4. Anwalt Vermillion

Strengthen (Firestorm Buff): 3 turns left

On 8/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

r004Xl3.jpg

Melina uses her sudden bost of speed from Lucent's Boon of Swiftness to narrowly dodge the blast. Realizing the sheild soldier was down and how strong the HA soldier may be, Melina lowers her stance firmly plants her feet as she prepares to deliver the next blow. If it connects the HA soldier will be in a stunned state for one turn and the strike can also pierce armor.

kf72uxx.jpg

Raina charged several orbs around her, planning to send them in a pincer movement against the Armored Soldier. Raina sent the orbs in an arc around Melina, intending the Orbs to strike the Armored Soldier. Raina expected the orbs to do little, but would hopefully work with Melina's attack.

LsFwTZk.jpg

LightFlare, seemingly unaware of the worms, maintains his position and continues to hold his arm in the air as the ground shakes...

The ground shaking around Lightflare furthers buries him under. One of the worms burrows underground as the other one continues to be visible and continues to circle Light awaiting for his next move

r004Xl3.jpg

The soldier anticipates a counter attack after a missed shot and leaps to the right to narrowly avoid the strike. He suddenly drops his weapon and rushes forward in an attempt to catch Melina in a bear hug.

P2tbVPL.png

You soldiers are actually beginning to show some life aren't you?! Allow me to guide you to the other side of that coin!

Umbra points out as the two wolves dart out quickly circling around the left and right sides of the soldiers formation. They suddenly spin like drills as they burrow under the soldiers hoping to loosen the sand they were standing on. Meanwhile Umbra takes his normal axe in one hand while creating a second "spirit" axe in the other. With both axes attached to chaines, Umbra flinds them out behind him and swings them inward like claws of a crab. The normal axe can possibly become lodged into whatever it makes contact with while the spirit axe will explode on contact.

Unable to target the wolves, the sand begins to loosen underneath as the soldiers begin to sink. Two of the HA soldiers try to grab the wolves as to not waste their shot on them as the third one shouts at the shielders who proceed to create a blinding flash with their shields in an attempt to interfere with Umbra's attack.

CXqCJeh.png

Well...it seems I have my own pests to deal with...

The worms targeting him continued forward as one of them burrowed under while the remaining ones remained visible.

6 hours ago, Dumanios said:

kf72uxx.jpg

Raina charged several orbs around her, planning to send them in a pincer movement against the Armored Soldier. Raina sent the orbs in an arc around Melina, intending the Orbs to strike the Armored Soldier. Raina expected the orbs to do little, but would hopefully work with Melina's attack.

The orbs would connect but the Heavy Armor allows the soldier to endure the hit and continue his attack. Although it was clear that he was indeed damaged from it.

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x5

Shield Soldiers x2

Heavy Armor Soldiers x4 (1 Damaged)

Invasion Portal: Off (24/25)

On 9/4/2019 at 2:01 AM, Darkflare said:

The ground shaking around Lightflare furthers buries him under. One of the worms burrows underground as the other one continues to be visible and continues to circle Light awaiting for his next move

urqQDyn.jpg

(That should do...)

LightFlare clenches his fist and ground stops shaking. He continues to hold his arm up and maintained his slightly sunken position.

The orbs would connect but the Heavy Armor allows the soldier to endure the hit and continue his attack. Although it was clear that he was indeed damaged from it.

A6xdOZC.jpg

(Well done Raina. You're the MVP for sure...)

The soldier anticipates a counter attack after a missed shot and leaps to the right to narrowly avoid the strike. He suddenly drops his weapon and rushes forward in an attempt to catch Melina in a bear hug.

r004Xl3.jpg

(I can't run forever...)

With the HA soldier in close, Melina decided it was time to strike. Hoping that Raina's initial attack was enough to soften the HA soldier, Melina attacks!

Spoiler

Melina unleashes a fast but powerful combo. Her hope is that her initial speed combined with her Boon of Swiftness will be quick enough to strike and take down the HA soldier. Each blow is designed to restrain the enemy's movement little by little if they attempt to advance. The attack gains significant damage when used as a counter or if the enemy is unaware they are going to be hit. It's charge time was shortened due to the Boon of Swiftness as well, meaning the initial blow is much more sudden. If it is not enough to finish him, then it will at least slow him down enough for her escape once more. 

Unable to target the wolves, the sand begins to loosen underneath as the soldiers begin to sink. Two of the HA soldiers try to grab the wolves as to not waste their shot on them as the third one shouts at the shielders who proceed to create a blinding flash with their shields in an attempt to interfere with Umbra's attack.

The HA soldiers were successful in grabing the wolves but were not able to halt their drilling attack. As a result, the two wolves continued their corkscrew like attack into the armor of the HA soldiers. Meanwhile, Umbra is caught by the flash attack and completely misses his axe attack...

nFsYCZR.png

What the....AAAAAAHHHHH?!

Umbra is stunned but Anwalt, undetected by the guards completes his decent with a powerful punch!

3JHnYjM.png

You're mine, ya big BASTARD!

The HA soldier was preoccupied with giving orders and did not see Anwalt. Powered by velocity and his Firestorm buff, Anwalt strikes him with his Black Doom Spear punch and crushes him under his fist into the ground.

The worms targeting him continued forward as one of them burrowed under while the remaining ones remained visible.

uejEFLZ.png

Umbra!? They're getting closer...but I've got to help Umbra. ESUNA!

8MzQaCx.gif

Luncent casts Esuna on Umbra to restore his sight. 

nFsYCZR.png

Uuugh....thanks....Lucent.

System Information

1. Umbra

Sadistic Desire: Inactive

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 10/10.

3. Melina Braveheart

Quickened (Boon of Swiftness Buff): 1 turns left

4. Anwalt Vermillion

Strengthen (Firestorm Buff)turns left

On 9/8/2019 at 11:16 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

A6xdOZC.jpg

r004Xl3.jpg

(I can't run forever...)

With the HA soldier in close, Melina decided it was time to strike. Hoping that Raina's initial attack was enough to soften the HA soldier, Melina attacks

kf72uxx.jpg

Raina prepared another series of orbs, once again firing them around Melina to strike the Heavy Armored Soldier.

urqQDyn.jpg

(That should do...)

LightFlare clenches his fist and ground stops shaking. He continues to hold his arm up and maintained his slightly sunken position.

The worm that went underground suddenly leaps from behind him and begins to attack. The other worm awaits its partner ready to strike the moment Light allows an opening on his next move.

A6xdOZC.jpg

r004Xl3.jpg

(I can't run forever...)

With the HA soldier in close, Melina decided it was time to strike. Hoping that Raina's initial attack was enough to soften the HA soldier, Melina attacks!

On 9/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, Dumanios said:

kf72uxx.jpg

Raina prepared another series of orbs, once again firing them around Melina to strike the Heavy Armored Soldier.

The combination of attacks from Melina and Rain are enough to take down the heavy armored soldier as it falls.

umOLsBs.png

"Oh hey, that kill just opened up the portal to the other side for you guys. You know, if you want to mess with the other team a bit."

The HA soldiers were successful in grabing the wolves but were not able to halt their drilling attack. As a result, the two wolves continued their corkscrew like attack into the armor of the HA soldiers. Meanwhile, Umbra is caught by the flash attack and completely misses his axe attack...

nFsYCZR.png

What the....AAAAAAHHHHH?!

Umbra is stunned but Anwalt, undetected by the guards completes his decent with a powerful punch!

3JHnYjM.png

You're mine, ya big BASTARD!

The HA soldier was preoccupied with giving orders and did not see Anwalt. Powered by velocity and his Firestorm buff, Anwalt strikes him with his Black Doom Spear punch and crushes him under his fist into the ground.

The HA soldiers drop their weapons and focus on stopping the drilling motion of the wolves with their hands. Believing their target to have been blinded, the shielders being to start trying to get themselves unstuck from the ground. The HA soldier Anwalt targets manages to get caught by the sudden attack and gets struck, dropping his weapon in the process. Despite taking heavy damage, it seems the soldier could still fight as it began to scramble to get up, its heavy armor and sudden damage making the process slow.

uejEFLZ.png

Umbra!? They're getting closer...but I've got to help Umbra. ESUNA!

8MzQaCx.gif

Luncent casts Esuna on Umbra to restore his sight. 

nFsYCZR.png

Uuugh....thanks....Lucent.

The worm that burrowed underneath suddenly strikes from below Lucent. The nearby worms preparing themselves to follow up should it be necessary.

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x5

Shield Soldiers x2

Heavy Armor Soldiers x3 (1 Damaged)

Invasion Portal: Ready! (Next charge: 0/25)

On 9/16/2019 at 4:46 AM, Darkflare said:

The worm that went underground suddenly leaps from behind him and begins to attack. The other worm awaits its partner ready to strike the moment Light allows an opening on his next move.

BtiCbvK.gif

LightFlare waits for the worm to almost devour him before opening his clenched fist. He calls forth a Lighting Bolt that suddenly strikes down entering the top of the worms head and exiting out of it's mouth before surrounding LightFlare's body.

The combination of attacks from Melina and Rain are enough to take down the heavy armored soldier as it falls.

umOLsBs.png

"Oh hey, that kill just opened up the portal to the other side for you guys. You know, if you want to mess with the other team a bit."

4CvHa1T.png

Gotcha...! Great shot, Raina! Now to help the others...

The HA soldiers drop their weapons and focus on stopping the drilling motion of the wolves with their hands. Believing their target to have been blinded, the shielders being to start trying to get themselves unstuck from the ground. The HA soldier Anwalt targets manages to get caught by the sudden attack and gets struck, dropping his weapon in the process. Despite taking heavy damage, it seems the soldier could still fight as it began to scramble to get up, its heavy armor and sudden damage making the process slow.

The HA Soldier's attempts to stop the drilling wolves only made things worse for them. As they tightened their grip, it gave the wolves more traction and allowed the wolves to grind away the limbs of the large soldiers till eventually piercing the their armor and impaling the HA Soldiers. Meanwhile Anwalt notices the HA soldier is still trying to attack...

VbvkNXb.png

You've gotta be kidding. He's still trying to stand!? Heh...he's tougher than he looks! Aaaah!

Anwalt quickly executes his Chaotic Buster, a strong hook punch that can apply a weak point to the enemy. He aimes at the the HA Soldier's head. Melina notices Anwalt attacking and targets the same soldier...

CoURX0V.png

I've gotcha back, Walt!

Using her speed she's able to execute a dash punch hoping to aid Anwalt in putting the ultra resilient HA soldier down. Meanwhile Umbra fully gained his senses and notices the soldiers trying to escape the sunken sand.

P2tbVPL.png

That portal is open. I know this is where I make my exit...but we've got them where we want them. And Lord Lucent needs me. But first...

Umbra quickly executes his Descending Fang. Small black holes formed in a line as Nightmare Wolves came down in a line toward the soldiers trying to escape the sand.

The worm that burrowed underneath suddenly strikes from below Lucent. The nearby worms preparing themselves to follow up should it be necessary.

CXqCJeh.png

Hmmm....Illusions become reality....Cragfall...

lEBjelB.gif

Lucent hears the worm come up from behind. Without turning around he dashes to the side while executing Cragfall, sending a very large boulder at the worms head. Only this time Lucent has 10 Illusion Shards. With 10 shards, his magic attacks now cause physical damage. 

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

3. Anwalt Vermillion

Strengthen (Firestorm Buff) 1 turns left

On 9/16/2019 at 10:20 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

4CvHa1T.png

Gotcha...! Great shot, Raina! Now to help the others...

CXqCJeh.png

lEBjelB.gif

Lucent hears the worm come up from behind. Without turning around he dashes to the side while executing Cragfall, sending a very large boulder at the worms head. Only this time Lucent has 10 Illusion Shards. With 10 shards, his magic attacks now cause physical damage. 

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

3. Anwalt Vermillion

Strengthen (Firestorm Buff) 1 turns left

kf72uxx.jpg

"Sounds like a plan Melina!" Raina replied.

Raina flew towards Lucent, firing a large orb towards the worm attempting to attack Lucent.

BtiCbvK.gif

LightFlare waits for the worm to almost devour him before opening his clenched fist. He calls forth a Lighting Bolt that suddenly strikes down entering the top of the worms head and exiting out of it's mouth before surrounding LightFlare's body.

The worm proceeds to eat him. The lightning bolt however, saves him as the worm becomes fried from the inside. Unfortunately for Light, he is given no time to rest as the other worm nearby proceeds to immediately attack, determined to avenge it's....erm.....brother?.....friend?.....ally.

The HA Soldier's attempts to stop the drilling wolves only made things worse for them. As they tightened their grip, it gave the wolves more traction and allowed the wolves to grind away the limbs of the large soldiers till eventually piercing the their armor and impaling the HA Soldiers. Meanwhile Anwalt notices the HA soldier is still trying to attack...

VbvkNXb.png

You've gotta be kidding. He's still trying to stand!? Heh...he's tougher than he looks! Aaaah!

Anwalt quickly executes his Chaotic Buster, a strong hook punch that can apply a weak point to the enemy. He aimes at the the HA Soldier's head. Melina notices Anwalt attacking and targets the same soldier...

CoURX0V.png

I've gotcha back, Walt!

Using her speed she's able to execute a dash punch hoping to aid Anwalt in putting the ultra resilient HA soldier down.

The combined might of the two fighters is too much for the heavily armored soldier and is promptly defeated. The HA soldiers holding continue to hold off the wolves despite the damage proving their toughness. However, they are left helpless from enemy attacks if their allies don't save them. Their only allies nearby are the shielders who are just about to finish freeing themselves from the sand...

Meanwhile Umbra fully gained his senses and notices the soldiers trying to escape the sunken sand.

P2tbVPL.png

That portal is open. I know this is where I make my exit...but we've got them where we want them. And Lord Lucent needs me. But first...

Umbra quickly executes his Descending Fang. Small black holes formed in a line as Nightmare Wolves came down in a line toward the soldiers trying to escape the sand.

The shielders quickly begin to cease their escape attempts and defend themselves with their shields. With the HA soldiers pinned holding the drilling wolves and the shielders pinned with their own problems, it seems the remaining the soldiers are doomed....unless the team somehow finds a way to screw this up.

CXqCJeh.png

lEBjelB.gif

The worm proceeds to get crushed by the large boulder and is put down. However, just like in Light's case, Lucent is immediately attacked by the other nearby worm.

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x3

Shield Soldiers x2

Heavy Armor Soldiers x2 (2 Damaged)

Invasion Portal: Ready! (Next charge: 2/25)

On 9/22/2019 at 4:16 AM, Darkflare said:

The worm proceeds to eat him. The lightning bolt however, saves him as the worm becomes fried from the inside. Unfortunately for Light, he is given no time to rest as the other worm nearby proceeds to immediately attack, determined to avenge it's....erm.....brother?.....friend?.....ally.

BtiCbvK.gif

(There you are...)

Spoiler

LightFlare's arm is still in the air from the previous attack. Using thr energy he gathered, he once again clenches his fist and drives it into the ground. Large purple pillars of energy surround him causing severe damage to anything caught in their path.

The combined might of the two fighters is too much for the heavily armored soldier and is promptly defeated. The HA soldiers holding continue to hold off the wolves despite the damage proving their toughness. However, they are left helpless from enemy attacks if their allies don't save them. Their only allies nearby are the shielders who are just about to finish freeing themselves from the sand...

A6xdOZC.jpg

You're not getting away that easy...

3JHnYjM.png

They're not getting away at all!

They both attack the HA soldiers. Melina takes a short quick leap and attacks one of the HA soldiers with a mid air axe kick while Anwalt attacks the the other with a flying kick capable of sending the soldier into the air should it connect and he survives the blow.

The shielders quickly begin to cease their escape attempts and defend themselves with their shields. With the HA soldiers pinned holding the drilling wolves and the shielders pinned with their own problems, it seems the remaining the soldiers are doomed....unless the team somehow finds a way to screw this up.

P2tbVPL.png

Of course...how silly of me! Those big shields aren't just for show! Perhaps a different approach is nesecerry! Ascending Fang!

Umbra quickly thrusts his claws into the ground as five small black holes form in a line under the Shield Soldiers. Five nightmare wolves shot out of the holes upwards towards the soldiers.

The worm proceeds to get crushed by the large boulder and is put down. However, just like in Light's case, Lucent is immediately attacked by the other nearby worm.

uejEFLZ.png

It's too fast...

On 9/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, Dumanios said:

kf72uxx.jpg

"Sounds like a plan Melina!" Raina replied.

Raina flew towards Lucent, firing a large orb towards the worm attempting to attack Lucent.

The worm was suddenly struck by Raina's previous attack. Although the previous target had already fallen, a new target found itself in the path of the large orb. Lucent took this opportunity to strike.

CXqCJeh.png

Raina! Your timing is impeccable! Tornado!

M0VBpuK.gif

Lucent summons a large tornado to attack the large worm while it was stunned from Raina's attack.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 10/10

On 9/23/2019 at 8:34 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

uejEFLZ.png

It's too fast...

The worm was suddenly struck by Raina's previous attack. Although the previous target had already fallen, a new target found itself in the path of the large orb. Lucent took this opportunity to strike.

CXqCJeh.png

M0VBpuK.gif

Lucent summons a large tornado to attack the large worm while it was stunned from Raina's attack.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

MOpGC2K.png

"No problem, Lucent."

Raina prepared some projectiles in case the Sand Worm survived Lucent's Tornado.

BtiCbvK.gif

(There you are...)

Hide contents

LightFlare's arm is still in the air from the previous attack. Using thr energy he gathered, he once again clenches his fist and drives it into the ground. Large purple pillars of energy surround him causing severe damage to anything caught in their path.

Under normal circumstances this would have worked, but these aren't normal circumstances. The impact of the fist gets severely weakened as the soft sand absorbed it causing the explosion of energy to be weakened as well. Unfortunately, this means the attack is nowhere near strong enough to take out the incoming worm who proceeds to turn him into its meal.

A6xdOZC.jpg

You're not getting away that easy...

3JHnYjM.png

They're not getting away at all!

They both attack the HA soldiers. Melina takes a short quick leap and attacks one of the HA soldiers with a mid air axe kick while Anwalt attacks the the other with a flying kick capable of sending the soldier into the air should it connect and he survives the blow.

Even if the attacks themselves wouldn't have finished them off, it did allow the wolves to tear right through them as they wouldn't be able to hold them off any longer.

P2tbVPL.png

Of course...how silly of me! Those big shields aren't just for show! Perhaps a different approach is nesecerry! Ascending Fang!

Umbra quickly thrusts his claws into the ground as five small black holes form in a line under the Shield Soldiers. Five nightmare wolves shot out of the holes upwards towards the soldiers.

Unable to free themselves on time or being able to defend themselves from this attack, the wolves are able to strike the shielders and defeat them.

uejEFLZ.png

It's too fast...

CXqCJeh.png

M0VBpuK.gif

Raina's attack disrupts the leap as the giant worm gets caught in the tornado. It would remain in the air for a little while before it attempted to burrow itself underground again.

The other worms proceeded to head toward Raina.

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x3 (1 damaged)

Invasion Portal: Ready! (Next charge: 4/25)

On 9/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, Darkflare said:

Under normal circumstances this would have worked, but these aren't normal circumstances. The impact of the fist gets severely weakened as the soft sand absorbed it causing the explosion of energy to be weakened as well. Unfortunately, this means the attack is nowhere near strong enough to take out the incoming worm who proceeds to turn him into its meal.

LightFlare is teleported back to the middle of the large arena.

ciAhl9M.gif

Huh?! My attack didn't work...and now I'm to far from the team. Melina isn't gonna let me live this one down. 

Even if the attacks themselves wouldn't have finished them off, it did allow the wolves to tear right through them as they wouldn't be able to hold them off any longer.

3JHnYjM.png

Stubborn to the very end...

TKkHITa.jpg

You should know, huh?

VbvkNXb.png

Don't spoil the mood, "sweetie pie." You're ruining our first date.

fad5Wfs.png

If this is your idea of a first date, remind me not to go on a second...

3JHnYjM.png

I can't seem to get one over on you.

Lmycsm8.jpg

Nope. But you're still a cutie...

Raina's attack disrupts the leap as the giant worm gets caught in the tornado. It would remain in the air for a little while before it attempted to burrow itself underground again.

uejEFLZ.png

Looks like you got away for now. And Light has been eliminated and sent back to the start. I'll have to retrieve him...and send Umbra on his way as well. To birds with one stone. Or in this case...one griffon. 

Lucent summons a griffon and rides it towards Umbra.

Unable to free themselves on time or being able to defend themselves from this attack, the wolves are able to strike the shielders and defeat them.

Umbra is annoyed by the Anwalt and Melina's constant flirting during battle when the griffon approaches them.

nFsYCZR.png

Will you two knock it off, already! This round isn't over! And what do you want you stupid bird...Lucent?!

CXqCJeh.png

Umbra! Take the griffon over to Light! I can see the portal is open and he's right next to it! I'll heal him and tell him to ride it back while you go through the portal as planned!

P2tbVPL.png

Finally! Now I can cause a bit of chaos to those pansies on the other team!

A6xdOZC.jpg

Ha! Our "hero" LightFlare has been eliminated?! Can't wait to rub that in his face later!

P2tbVPL.png

Yea! It's not like he saved your butt from certain doom in the last round, eh..."sweetie pie"?!

Umbra laughed as he jumped on the griffon and flew towards LightFlare.

CoURX0V.png

Why you little...get back here and say that to my face!

VbvkNXb.png

Ha! Wait...there's still more worms. No time to kie around just yet.

Anwalt and Melina soon taking a defensive stance watching the movements of the remaining worms. Meanwhile, LightFlare sees the portal close by...

P2tbVPL.png

Hey! "LightBulb!" Not much of a team player, huh?

DF252C6.gif

Umbra?! O right. The griffons. You guys here to rescue an old "hero"?

P2tbVPL.png

That's right, tough guy. Im heading to wreak havoc on the other team. And try not to get eaten. There's still 3 worms left.

BtiCbvK.gif

Heh...I'll do my best. Good luck.

8MzQaCx.gif

Lucent heals LightFlare. Umbra goes through the portal as LightFlare hops on the griffon and heads back to the sand arena.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

M20uuFz.png

"This isn't gonna be easy..."

Raina recalled the beginning of the second round, where the first sand worm the team saw went down in no time. Compared to the worm that she and Lucent had both battered, what had gone differently?

Actually... now she got it. It must've been from Lightflare's attack going on through its mouth. The worm that she and Lucent had targeted had only been hit from the outside.

'This is an idea Nanye would think of, huh?' Raina thought, as she prepared a series of orbs which would target the first worm that came to her. As soon as it opened its mouth, it'd receive a blast to the face.

walfas___dream_sign__fantasy_seal__by_pl

On 9/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Lucent heals LightFlare. Umbra goes through the portal as LightFlare hops on the griffon and heads back to the sand arena.

umOLsBs.png

"That's quite some handy transportation, although I do wonder if it was a good idea to have half the team out of combat even if for a moment..."

Once Umbra enters the portal, he arrives on the arena of the enemy team, an exact mirror of theirs....except for the faded colors in their environment although this seemed to be an effect applied for the invader. He himself was covered by a dark aura that served as a weak barrier. His targets were incredibly easy to spot, as to him, they were glowing bright red, could see their brightness through any other objects and could even tell the figures apart. The enemy team's progress was behind their own as they still had a HA soldier and a few shielders along with some worms.

umOLsBs.png

"All right, let's see what you can do. Pick your target or rush in. They already know you're invading."

Caroline and Ricky's figures could be seen heading outward looking around in search of the invader. Alena's figure could be seen getting closer to the rest of the team who continued to focus on dealing with the enemies.

7 hours ago, Dumanios said:

M20uuFz.png

"This isn't gonna be easy..."

Raina recalled the beginning of the second round, where the first sand worm the team saw went down in no time. Compared to the worm that she and Lucent had both battered, what had gone differently?

Actually... now she got it. It must've been from Lightflare's attack going on through its mouth. The worm that she and Lucent had targeted had only been hit from the outside.

'This is an idea Nanye would think of, huh?' Raina thought, as she prepared a series of orbs which would target the first worm that came to her. As soon as it opened its mouth, it'd receive a blast to the face.

walfas___dream_sign__fantasy_seal__by_pl

One of the worms leapt at Raina and proceeded to eat a helping of lightshow skittles before being torn apart from the inside.

However, just like with Lucent and Light before, a second worm would immediately attack Raina from below.

The remaining worm that had attacked Lucent earlier had burrowed under ground and headed for Raina as well.

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x2 (1 damaged)

Invasion Portal: Invading(Turns: 1/4) (Next charge: 5/25)

11 hours ago, Darkflare said:

umOLsBs.png

"All right, let's see what you can do. Pick your target or rush in. They already know you're invading."

Caroline and Ricky's figures could be seen heading outward looking around in search of the invader. Alena's figure could be seen getting closer to the rest of the team who continued to focus on dealing with the enemies.

P2tbVPL.png

(So here I am. Ready to wreak havoc on some unsuspecting fool. Looks like they're in a similar arena. But everything is....faded? And those red figures...they must be the other team! I can see them! Through walls!? Sweet! And it looks like a guy and a girl are pretty close to me. )

Umbra looks at his body and notices a strange glow....

nFsYCZR.png

(What's this glow? I hope it's not some kind of handicap. Actually...it feels like...a barrier?!)

P2tbVPL.png

(I'm wasting time. Gotta act quickly!)

Umbra summons 5 portals under Carol and Ricky as five wolves fly upwards to attack. Meanwhile back in the other arena...

CXqCJeh.png

Ok...we're back. And not a moment too soon from the looks of it...

One of the worms leapt at Raina and proceeded to eat a helping of lightshow skittles before being torn apart from the inside.

However, just like with Lucent and Light before, a second worm would immediately attack Raina from below.

uejEFLZ.png

The worm is too close...my magic may hit her instead!

ufJDavC.jpg

No time to charge! Hold on Raina!

LightFlare leaps of the griffon and fires a Light Burst at the worms head. It's color and execution is different from before as it is a darker color and is delivered from a single palm rather than from both. His plan is to at least stun the creature enough for Raina to have more time to react.

The remaining worm that had attacked Lucent earlier had burrowed under ground and headed for Raina as well

3JHnYjM.png

It's heading toward Raina! Let's move!

4CvHa1T.png

Right behind ya!

Anwalt and Melina rush toward Raina's position.

System Information

1. Umbra

Sadistic Desire: Active(1.25 atk, .75 def)

2. Lucent Vermillion

On 5/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, Darkflare said:

By the time Sasuke turned toward Gordeau he had already left back to his duties. The only ones nearby were a Mech Hisui sweeping the floor nearby and Anna.

541An4t.png

"We don't really have public computers here, but you're free to use your smartphone instead."

Reveal hidden contents

vDEq115.jpg

"My apologies in advance for...well...forcing myself on you."

Kex4cBv.png

"It's quite all right, Miss. It did quickly resolve our team numbers problem."

pea6wnC.png

"I gotta ask though. Is there a reason why you left your group?"

EyTcBxS.png

"Real smooth, Johnny. This is one of those things you need to be more subtle about."

pea6wnC.png

"Hey, I'm not the only one thinking about it."

vDEq115.jpg

"I don't want anyone here getting the wrong idea. Basically, I'm using this as a test of skill to my strategist abilities. If I can't figure out how to deal with someone I'm familiar with, how can I call myself a tactician?"

Rm2MUwG.png

"If it means knowing what they can do, I'm up for it. Besides, they look pretty tough, I don't think we fresh graduates would stand a chance otherwise."

Kex4cBv.png

"Don't get used to this however. You're far more likely to have to figure out what the enemy is capable of on your own. You should consider yourselves fortunate this time around."

EyTcBxS.png

"Let's just pretend this time, we had scouts that were able to do their job pretty well."

Kex4cBv.png

"Before we do anything else, why don't we do some introductions first? My name is Leon."

pea6wnC.png

"Name's Johnathan, you may call me Johnny for short."

EyTcBxS.png

"You may call me The swift wind."

Rm2MUwG.png

"His name is Ricky. I'm Caroline or Carol for short."

Z2lEI6a.png

"I'm A-Alena. Pleased to meet you."

Kex4cBv.png

"Still nervous, Alena? There's nothing to worry about."

Z2lEI6a.png

"It's just...well....I'm not exactly the best at fighting. I know a few things, but the best I can do is make sure you're all ok."

vDEq115.jpg

"If your duty is to make sure we're ok, then our duty is to make sure you're ok. Ah...my apologies. My name is Lilith."

pea6wnC.png

"Nice to meet you. Since Teach gave the OK, I guess you could fill us in on how we deal with your friends."

vDEq115.jpg

"Very well. Let's start with what the primary objective is. We need to defeat the enemies the drill will throw at us as fast as possible and defeat the boss at the end before they do. The only interaction that there will be with the other team is through these invasions."

pea6wnC.png

"Yea, but those situations will always be 1 on 6 or 5 if both sides have someone on the other side. Whoever is on the enemy side will have it rough."

Kex4cBv.png

"Raph did say that the invader will be more durable than normal. It's possible they may have other advantages."

vDEq115.jpg

"Right, he also said that he will announce when someone is invading. It's very likely they're going to stick together in that time. That said, let's start with what they can all do individually."

vDEq115.jpg

"The big guy is named Anwalt, he's a close range fighter. He's rather rash and from what I've seen, he focuses on staying close. I have seen him lift parts of the ground however, I wouldn't be surprised if the throws a boulder at you, so be prepared to move out of the way when he does."

Kex4cBv.png

"Seems like someone better left to me."

vDEq115.jpg

"The rough looking woman is Melina and she shares a similar style to Anwalt. She's also very fast and can close the distance quickly. It's important to use your surrounding terrain to your advantage. However, she's really full of herself and can be overconfident, I believe it may be easy to taunt her into a trap."

EyTcBxS.png

"Let's see if she can match my speed and agility. I'll get her attention and keep her away."

vDEq115.jpg

"The scary looking devil looking guy is Umbra. He wields an Axe, so as you can imagine, he's another close range combatant. That said, there are two important things to know. First, he can summon beasts to search and attack, no doubt he'll summon them to sniff out whomever decides to invade them. Second of all, he's capable of flight, so the terrain won't be as effective."

Rm2MUwG.png

"I'm sure his beasts won't be as easy to deal with as your typical game, but I think I can take them on. Plus if he's flying around, I'll shoot him down once I spot him."

vDEq115.jpg

"The colorful looking girl is Raina and is more of a long range specialist. She's able to fire plenty of magic projectiles to keep her enemies away. I think she may know a few things up close, but she clearly prefers to stay away from her enemy."

pea6wnC.png

"Ouch, she sounds pretty rough to deal with. Ricky might able to weave around them and Leon can send them back to her, but the rest of us will have some trouble."

vDEq115.jpg

"I suspect she won't be one of the invaders, the first three I mentioned are more likely candidates just on the grounds that they're more blood knights and more willing to actually come to us for the sake of taking a shot at us."

vDEq115.jpg

"The young man is Lucent. He's going to be their healer, so he'll be a high value target for our invader. That said, he's no slouch in fighting. He can summon beasts just like Umbra as well, but he needs to concentrate more and can't move around as much when he does. I highly doubt he will be an invader as well simply due to being their healer."

Z2lEI6a.png

"Wait, that means that when one of them comes to us, I'll be their primary target."

vDEq115.jpg

"Correct. It's important that you stay close to us so we have a better shot at defending you when they come.

vDEq115.jpg

"Finally, we have the dirty looking guy, Lightflare."

pea6wnC.png

"Wait, Lightflare? As in, Hero of Kalos city Lightflare."

vDEq115.jpg

"You know him?"

pea6wnC.png

"A lot of people seen the news when that incident happened. I think one of our classmates even wrote an essay about him. If he's one of our opponents, I can definitely see just what exactly we're up against."

vDEq115.jpg

"Don't think too much about it. He's just like the rest of us. At any rate, he's going to be a problem. He's versatile, so he'll be tough at any range. I believe someone that specializes at a particular range might do better than him if they stick to that range. He likes to "test" his opponents, so to speak, so he's prone into throwing his bigger moves when you least expect it. He'll be vulnerable if you manage to anticipate it and avoid it. That said, he likely spends a lot of time in that arena, so he's much more used to a traditional 1 on 1 meaning he likely isn't used to team fights. When we invade, he likely won't coordinate very well with his teammates, it might be worth trying to get him to accidentally hit his own team if there's a chance to do so. If he's the one invading, a well coordinated attack from us should get him off our hair quickly."

EyTcBxS.png

"All right, this does look pretty doable. Heh, we may have a shot at actually beating a legend here."

vDEq115.jpg

"As mentioned earlier, our only actual interactions will be through the invasions. Let's remember what the main goal of these are, to delay the enemy team. Ideally, taking out their healer would be best, but if you were to take down anyone else, that's time that have to waste healing a teammate to get them back in the fight. The proper course is to prioritize your own survival instead."

pea6wnC.png

"While I understand that, it seems like a waste to be in their area and not take anyone down."

vDEq115.jpg

"Think of it this way. The invader can't be ignored because they're a threat. However, the longer an invader is in play the more time has to be spent dealing with them. Anyone focusing on the invader is someone that isn't focusing on the primary objective. An invader that has the enemy focused on them for the full 20 seconds will have done a better job than one that was able to take two of them but not their healer but was taken out quickly."

EyTcBxS.png

"Oh, I totally get ya. All right, guess I'll be doing the invading then."

vDEq115.jpg

"Well, you're one of my first choices, but I was thinking of switching them every time. Carol is someone I would consider as well. It'll be a while before they actually know where she would be, she could take a few shots at them in the mean time. Also, since she's farther away, the enemy will have to close in on her if they don't want to deal with her arrows which means they'll have to abandon being in range of the other enemies they have to defeat."

Rm2MUwG.png

"Understood, I'll be sure to take at least one of them out."

vDEq115.jpg

"Now, when they invade us, we have to quickly identify who they sent and coordinate accordingly. Preferably, I would rather not have more than two focused on their invader while the rest continue dealing with the other enemies. Of course, if you see an opportunity to send their invader back, don't hesitate to do so. The faster they're out, the better."

vDEq115.jpg

"Well, one last thing. I know I spent all this time talking and making up plans, but don't follow it 100%. If you see a better option than anything I said, take it. Remember to be flexible at all times and adapt to the situation at hand. After all..."

Kex4cBv.png

"No combat plan ever survives actual combat."

EI2KhPl.jpg

"I see. While I'm familiar with smartphones, I don't have one of my own."

A side effect of Sasuke's desire to be off the grid back home.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:00 AM, Darkflare said:

The remaining worm that had attacked Lucent earlier had burrowed under ground and headed for Raina as well.

M20uuFz.png

Raina hovered upward and prepared a pair of orbs.

'That's gonna be pretty close, but I think these orbs will be enough to take it out...'

On 10/4/2019 at 9:05 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

CXqCJeh.png

Ok...we're back. And not a moment too soon from the looks of it...

uejEFLZ.png

The worm is too close...my magic may hit her instead!

ufJDavC.jpg

LightFlare leaps of the griffon and fires a Light Burst at the worms head. It's color and execution is different from before as it is a darker color and is delivered from a single palm rather than from both. His plan is to at least stun the creature enough for Raina to have more time to react.

With Lightflare's intervention, Raina hopes that it'll be enough time to take down the sand worm trying to go after her, throwing the orbs down at the approaching sand worm.

On 8/25/2019 at 8:17 PM, A person said:

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE OF THE WARRIOR'S HANGOUT

Spotting the lady at the front counter pestering the group to buy memberships was a surefire sign for Penelope to get the heck outta there; without money, she'd have probably been given the boot, anyway! As long as she stayed near the Hangout, she'd probably be fine, and maybe she'd be able to catch up with them later. However long that took, anyway...maybe she'd need to dash in there in case they were stuck in there for days on end. Or weeks. Or months, even. The idea of joining them in that fighting training thing was starting to sound a lot better the more she thought about it, so she stopped thinking about it. She needed to find something to do until they got finished, though, so she started to scan the area. She tried her best to be as inconspicuous as possible; she at least wanted to let them know before she got forcefully sent home!

b07c7cc226.png

Penelope: (Alright, now where's a good place to go in the meantime? I wonder if that concert thing is still going on, maybe I can check out what's going on over there!)

Sure enough, there was still a pretty big gathering not too far from the Warrior's Hangout, so she decided to make her way over to it. She assumed it'd be pretty easy for her to retrace her steps, so unless she got kidnapped or something, she'd be fine! She just hopped they were playing actually good music there, otherwise she'd have to find some place else to crash at until they got finished! Once she got there, sure enough they were indeed playing good music, and live! 

a501ec99f0.png

Penelope: (Oooh, I got suuper lucky! Now, I just gotta sneak into the crowd from the back...)

She wormed her way in from the back of the gathered crowd, utilizing her small size to weave through the crowd towards the front. It was only a matter of time before she managed to slip into the front.

b07c7cc226.png

Penelope: (Now, to sit back and enjoy the show!)

And that's just what she did. She got really lucky with the people; they were friendly enough to let her get to the front without throwing a fit, and it looked like the security, if there was any, anyway, didn't care much about her sneaking in. Maybe people didn't need tickets to watch the show? Whatever the case was, this was definitely going to kill the time until they got done with the training thing!

'Huh, one of those people from earlier came back," a girl thought. She was someone who'd been around in Candor for a bit of time, traveling there from Kalos after that incident several years ago. She'd played a very minor role in that incident - and naturally, Lightflare stole the show. That was fine, she wasn't someone who wanted to be in the spotlight. Or perhaps its more that she's used to being kept out of the spotlight? It was hard to tell with her psyche on the best of days.

Several years ago she'd been separated from her friends by bizarre circumstances... gap youkai made things weird and messy and she'd found herself separated from her companions. She'd thought they were gone forever! But then a group of people passed through the gathering and one of them was a blonde girl dressed like Reimu! She remembered Raina, she was kinda cool! It looked like Raina had a lot on her mind and just passed through though - otherwise she would've recognized her, right? Well, it was a big crowd and there were some people who didn't even look like humans. She swears she a guy with a bird's head for a head earlier, and that one centaur standing with a guy that looked like a carrot.

Maybe she should ask that purple girl that was with Raina about her! Maybe she was an alternate universe's Patchy or something? They're both purple and have hair ornaments, after all! Besides, there were multiple Yukaris back then. Well, people with Yukari powers, but same thing!

wgk25jV.png

There's no way this'll turn out badly!

P2tbVPL.png

(So here I am. Ready to wreak havoc on some unsuspecting fool. Looks like they're in a similar arena. But everything is....faded? And those red figures...they must be the other team! I can see them! Through walls!? Sweet! And it looks like a guy and a girl are pretty close to me. )

Umbra looks at his body and notices a strange glow....

nFsYCZR.png

(What's this glow? I hope it's not some kind of handicap. Actually...it feels like...a barrier?!)

P2tbVPL.png

(I'm wasting time. Gotta act quickly!)

Umbra summons 5 portals under Carol and Ricky as five wolves fly upwards to attack. 

When the portals opened, both figures quickly moved out of the way and proceeded to fire arrows/shurikens respectively at the wolves. Though their team was keeping the other enemies distracted, one of their worms had targeted them and was heading for Carol

ufJDavC.jpg

The impact from the attack is enough to stun the worm as it lets out a pained screech.

6 hours ago, Dumanios said:

M20uuFz.png

Raina hovered upward and prepared a pair of orbs.

'That's gonna be pretty close, but I think these orbs will be enough to take it out...'

With Lightflare's intervention, Raina hopes that it'll be enough time to take down the sand worm trying to go after her, throwing the orbs down at the approaching sand worm.

The worm proceeds to eat the orbs which proceed to destroy its insides.

The final worm comes out of the ground in front of Anwalt, Melina and Raina and proceeds to "stand up" looking at the group briefly before it spat out what seemed to be some type of sludge that would severely hamper their movements if they get caught in it.

umOLsBs.png

(Huh, it's not supposed to do that yet. Might have been programmed to do that if it was the last one standing. Ah well, I'm sure they can handle it. They can enjoy this early preview.)

Wave 2/5

Sand Worms x1

Invasion Portal: Invading(Turns: 2/4) (Next charge: 6/25)

7 hours ago, Dumanios said:

EI2KhPl.jpg

"I see. While I'm familiar with smartphones, I don't have one of my own."

id0ZmFM.png

"Oh, is that right? I do have some connections as a merchant. If you give me some time, I can get you one at a good price."

G79tLNC.png

"Anna-san..."

iIXZw8p.png

"What? I'm in the middle of something."

G79tLNC.png

"Please refrain from trying to make a sale."

iIXZw8p.png

"Oh come on. It's not every day I have a potential customer for my actual merchant business. Do you know how awkward it is on family meetings when I'm the only one among my sisters with a side job?"

TtEMVAX.png

"I'm afraid I don't."

iIXZw8p.png

"Well ok...that's fair, I guess. Not everyone is part of a family where everyone is a merchant."

TtEMVAX.png

"Regardless, I believe he's only interested in looking for information. Just lend him yours in the mean time."

iIXZw8p.png

"Can I at least charge him for it?"

vHcOtFj.png

"...."

iIXZw8p.png

"Fine fine. I kinda like this side job too much to get fired and it IS good for my usual business. All right, promise not to mess too much with it and you can use mine for a bit, ok?"

Anna proceeded to take out her phone