The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

On 10/24/2019 at 10:25 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

The spiraling wolf causes the assassin's blade to recoil as it continues toward the assassins chest.

P2tbVPL.png

The bugs around here are relentless! 

Umbra quickly spins his axe in front of him like a propeller blade hoping to slice and dice the bugs into pieces.

Using the momentum of the recoil, the assassin spins around to narrowly avoid the wolf as it proceeds to regain it's footing.

The spinning attack manages to destroy the remaining bugs.

The spiraling wolf ricochets of the blade causing the assassins sword to recoil and fly out of his hand and leaving the assassin off balance.

CoURX0V.png

(Now...)

Melina quickly dashes forward as her body flashes yellow for a spit second and executes a quick straight punch at the assassins back that will cause knockdown it it connects.

The recoil would give Melina enough time to strike as the assassin is struck and slides across the ground. It would then proceed to roll and flip jump back up as it taunted Melina to come to it. Whatever damage it received, it was doing a good job of hiding it....

3JHnYjM.png

Ruuaaah!

Anwalt reaches over and pulls up the piece of the floor he unearthed and flings it forward as a projectile and sheild from the assassins attack.

The assassin strikes the piece of the floor and takes a moment to push it away before it attempts to attack him again.

Misogi.gif

LightFlare hears the grappling hook. As the sniper rises up, LightFlare instantly uses the gathered energy to leap up and strike the sniper down before he could escape eliminating him from the battle.

LsFwTZk.jpg

(Well...aren't you bold. Most snipers don't expose themselves like this. )

LightFlare is further away and uses his distance to take cover and gather energy.

Light's attack manages to strike down the sniper. The assassin proceeds to leap, taking a visual look at Light. Not even a second passes before the other sniper takes a shot....at the assassin....who proceeds to reflect the shot toward Light.

At the same time, the sound of a grappling hook could be heard as the replacement sniper enters the arena.

The spiraling wolf causes the the blade to recoil as the wolf ricochets toward the spiders nearby. This would momentarily expose the assassin to another attack ...

The wolves manage to catch the spider bots and destroy them. The assassin recovers from the recoil and proceeds to run to where his sword landed to go pick it up.

18 hours ago, Dumanios said:

M20uuFz.png

Safe from the Sniper's attacks, Raina noticed the approaching spider bots, shooting small blasts toward each of them.

Raina manages to take down 3 of them before the assassin darts in front of them and starts reflecting the blasts back to her.

Wave 3/5

Spider bots x 9 (5 counts as 1 kill)

Assassins x 6 (1 wounded)

Snipers x 4 (Only 2 are present at a time)

Invasion Portal: Off (12/25)

Enemy Invader: Absent

Spoiler

Back in the control room, Raph continues to monitor the progress of both teams.

umOLsBs.png

"You've been standing there for a while now. You need to say something?"

S8A0stI.png

"Relax, everything is fine. I merely wanted to see the experimental drill. I must say, I'm rather impressed by it, I can't wait to be monitoring some of these matches myself."

umOLsBs.png

"It's working out well. Perhaps it won't be too long before that happens, old man."

Just then another enters the room.

lHsJ0ht.png

"Sir Raphael! We have a problem."

umOLsBs.png

"Just Raph is fine. No need to be so formal around here. Besides, can't any of the mecha maids take care of it?"

lHsJ0ht.png

"My apologies. And no, the problem is with this drill. We've been monitoring the conditions of the mages helping to make this drill possible. Unfortunately, we can't have it running for too long."

umOLsBs.png

"Damn.......how long do we have?"

lHsJ0ht.png

"The machines have helped ease the burden and how this drill has been going, I would say they should be able to finish this round at least. We will definitely have problems if it goes further than that."

S8A0stI.png

"Looks like there's a few issues to still work out with this drill. A shame, I was looking forward to it. What will you do, Raph?"

umOLsBs.png

"He said we can still do this round just fine. I'll do just that, first team to finish Wave 3 wins. It's going to be disappointing for the ones that were looking forward to the big boss in the end, but I would like to not get chewed out because I endangered the lives of our mages."

S8A0stI.png

"A good call. Perhaps next time, we'll just have them race to defeat the boss at the end instead of all of these waves."

umOLsBs.png

"Just take them straight to the main course, huh. Well, that would make things less strenuous for everyone involved and I guess it would still be interesting. Anyway, I'll keep cutting things short a surprise for them."

5 hours ago, Darkflare said:

Using the momentum of the recoil, the assassin spins around to narrowly avoid the wolf as it proceeds to regain it's footing.

The spinning attack manages to destroy the remaining bugs.

Umbra creates another portal behind the assassin.

cerqKd3.png

Nice moves! Here's...your reward!

A chain suddenly appears dangling from Umbra's axe as he uses his right hand to throw it like a spear at the assassin.

The recoil would give Melina enough time to strike as the assassin is struck and slides across the ground. It would then proceed to roll and flip jump back up as it taunted Melina to come to it. Whatever damage it received, it was doing a good job of hiding it....

0W1wIrp.jpg

You're tough. And you even talk trash. Well...sorta. You're my type for sure. Except dating an A.I. isn't my thing...so...

Melina does a quick dash and firmly places her feet down as she places one hand in front of her and draws back her fist.

The assassin strikes the piece of the floor and takes a moment to push it away before it attempts to attack him again.

PQuQMQn.png

Heh...

Anwalt attempts to duck the attack and simultaneously execute an upward kick that would send the assassin in the air.

Light's attack manages to strike down the sniper. The assassin proceeds to leap, taking a visual look at Light. Not even a second passes before the other sniper takes a shot....at the assassin....who proceeds to reflect the shot toward Light.

The bullet destroys the box LightFlare was hiding behind.

9gXT6YP.gif

(Those ninjas can deflect projectiles...even bullets...)

At the same time, the sound of a grappling hook could be heard as the replacement sniper enters the arena.

Misogi.gif

LightFlare hears the grappling hooks and immediately strikes down the sniper before rolling behind cover to gather energy.

The wolves manage to catch the spider bots and destroy them. The assassin recovers from the recoil and proceeds to run to where his sword landed to go pick it up.

Lucent was still standing near Umbra.

mxw29nd.png

(I could intercept him but I need to continue to support Light...Umbra...)

uejEFLZ.png

Umbra! His sword!

cerqKd3.png

No problem!

35VOuPP.gif

Umbra summons a portal with his left hand under the blade while while Lucent executes Chill Focus on LightFlare.

System Information

1. Umbra

Sadistic Desire: Active (x1.25 attack and speed boost, x0.75 defense demerit)

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 10/10.

3. LightFlare

Chill Focus (100% hit rate for a single attack)

On 10/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, Darkflare said:

Raina manages to take down 3 of them before the assassin darts in front of them and starts reflecting the blasts back to her.

Reveal hidden contents

Back in the control room, Raph continues to monitor the progress of both teams.

umOLsBs.png

"You've been standing there for a while now. You need to say something?"

S8A0stI.png

"Relax, everything is fine. I merely wanted to see the experimental drill. I must say, I'm rather impressed by it, I can't wait to be monitoring some of these matches myself."

umOLsBs.png

"It's working out well. Perhaps it won't be too long before that happens, old man."

Just then another enters the room.

lHsJ0ht.png

"Sir Raphael! We have a problem."

umOLsBs.png

"Just Raph is fine. No need to be so formal around here. Besides, can't any of the mecha maids take care of it?"

lHsJ0ht.png

"My apologies. And no, the problem is with this drill. We've been monitoring the conditions of the mages helping to make this drill possible. Unfortunately, we can't have it running for too long."

umOLsBs.png

"Damn.......how long do we have?"

lHsJ0ht.png

"The machines have helped ease the burden and how this drill has been going, I would say they should be able to finish this round at least. We will definitely have problems if it goes further than that."

S8A0stI.png

"Looks like there's a few issues to still work out with this drill. A shame, I was looking forward to it. What will you do, Raph?"

umOLsBs.png

"He said we can still do this round just fine. I'll do just that, first team to finish Wave 3 wins. It's going to be disappointing for the ones that were looking forward to the big boss in the end, but I would like to not get chewed out because I endangered the lives of our mages."

S8A0stI.png

"A good call. Perhaps next time, we'll just have them race to defeat the boss at the end instead of all of these waves."

umOLsBs.png

"Just take them straight to the main course, huh. Well, that would make things less strenuous for everyone involved and I guess it would still be interesting. Anyway, I'll keep cutting things short a surprise for them."

'Projectile reflection... that'll be difficult. The assassin looks prepared for melee combat too... holding here won't work.'

Raina dashed backward, intending to find the nearest wall. She was still concerned about the snipers that may have been out there. While dashing back she fired several more bullets, aiming for both the reflected bullets and her three remaining foes.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Umbra creates another portal behind the assassin.

cerqKd3.png

Nice moves! Here's...your reward!

A chain suddenly appears dangling from Umbra's axe as he uses his right hand to throw it like a spear at the assassin.

The assassin ducks under the thrown axe. It then proceeds to taunt Umbra to come closer to it.

0W1wIrp.jpg

You're tough. And you even talk trash. Well...sorta. You're my type for sure. Except dating an A.I. isn't my thing...so...

Melina does a quick dash and firmly places her feet down as she places one hand in front of her and draws back her fist.

The assassin maintains his position adding a mocking laugh to it's taunt making the motion to come closer.

PQuQMQn.png

Heh...

Anwalt attempts to duck the attack and simultaneously execute an upward kick that would send the assassin in the air.

Anwalt is successful in landing the kick as the assassin is launched into the air.

The bullet destroys the box LightFlare was hiding behind.

9gXT6YP.gif

(Those ninjas can deflect projectiles...even bullets...)

Misogi.gif

LightFlare hears the grappling hooks and immediately strikes down the sniper before rolling behind cover to gather energy.

Contrary to what Light expected, third time wouldn't be the charm for him as the snipers have gotten wary of his tactic. The moment Light leapt into the air to come crashing down, the sniper would aim its grappling hook above it and intercept him, forcefully pulling him down to the ground. From there, it would place its heel onto Light's neck, take out its pistol and put a bullet through his skull temporarily eliminating him from play.

The execution done, the sniper grappled away moving closer to where the rest of the group were.

Lucent was still standing near Umbra.

mxw29nd.png

(I could intercept him but I need to continue to support Light...Umbra...)

uejEFLZ.png

Umbra! His sword!

cerqKd3.png

No problem!

The assassin stopped itself seeing its sword teleported away. It then called on the two nearby spider bots as they proceeded to leap toward it. It then proceeded to grab them and throw one each to Umbra and Lucent.

19 hours ago, Dumanios said:

'Projectile reflection... that'll be difficult. The assassin looks prepared for melee combat too... holding here won't work.'

Raina dashed backward, intending to find the nearest wall. She was still concerned about the snipers that may have been out there. While dashing back she fired several more bullets, aiming for both the reflected bullets and her three remaining foes.

The spider bots would eventually be destroyed by the barrage of projectiles, but the assassin would continue to reflect them inching closer and closer to its target.

The design of the arena only allows walls at the very edge. The boxes and machinery covering the area would have to be alternatives.

Soon afterwards, an alarm begins to sound off.

umOLsBs.png

"The enemy team has sent their invader. Hunt or be hunted."

Stepping out of the portal, Lilith wasted no time to run to where her former teammates are. It wasn't her original plan to be the invader candidate, but the rest of her teammates insisted on it as she would be the one most familiar to their techniques. She already had her primary target in mind as she went to Lucent and Umbra's position...

Wave 3/5

Spider bots x 7 (5 counts as 1 kill)

Assassins x 6 (2 wounded)

Invasion Portal: Off (12/25)

Enemy Invader: Present (1/4 turns)

9 hours ago, Darkflare said:

The assassin ducks under the thrown axe. It then proceeds to taunt Umbra to come closer to it.

Umbra uses the chain on the end of the axe to pull it back towards him catching the taunting assassin and impaling the back of his head with the blade of the axe while continuing to pull the axe back.

Cx5k0kB.png

Ha! That looks delightfully painelful!

The assassin maintains his position adding a mocking laugh to it's taunt making the motion to come closer.

0W1wIrp.jpg

Melina maintains her footing only adjusting her body slightly...

Spoiler

...and hits the cocky assassin with a barrage of punches ending in a powerful blow.

Anwalt is successful in landing the kick as the assassin is launched into the air.

JJVR107.png

Huuuaaaaah!

Anwalt burries his hands into the ground and unearths a large chunk of the concrete floor and hurls it straight up with the speed of a rocket towards the assassin.

Contrary to what Light expected, third time wouldn't be the charm for him as the snipers have gotten wary of his tactic. The moment Light leapt into the air to come crashing down, the sniper would aim its grappling hook above it and intercept him, forcefully pulling him down to the ground. From there, it would place its heel onto Light's neck, take out its pistol and put a bullet through his skull temporarily eliminating him from play.

LightFlare finds himself stunned...again. 

uejEFLZ.png

Aaannd...Light's gone again.

nFsYCZR.png

That selfish LightBulb! Some hero! Now I've gotta bring him back...again!

CXqCJeh.png

You can find him, right?

P2tbVPL.png

You know I can.

The execution done, the sniper grappled away moving closer to where the rest of the group were.

A portal opens under LightFlare. He falls through. 

mxw29nd.png

A sniper just landed over there. Be alert.

8MzQaCx.gif

LightFlare falls through the portal onto his face near Umbra. Umbra and Lucent laugh as Lucent heals LightFlare.

The assassin stopped itself seeing its sword teleported away. It then called on the two nearby spider bots as they proceeded to leap toward it. It then proceeded to grab them and throw one each to Umbra and Lucent.

Two wolves come from the portal behind the previous assassin and attack the spiders.

Stepping out of the portal, Lilith wasted no time to run to where her former teammates are. It wasn't her original plan to be the invader candidate, but the rest of her teammates insisted on it as she would be the one most familiar to their techniques. She already had her primary target in mind as she went to Lucent and Umbra's position...

NdA9epB.png

Looks like our friend Lilith decided to pay us a visit.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 10/10.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:01 PM, A person said:

As the concert was starting to die down, so too was Penelope's enthusiasm. What were they even doing in there? Was it a whole war or something? Man, maybe she should have let herself get yelled at just to see what they were doing. Maybe it was a war simulation thing, and they had to get to the end to fight some really big boss, like a virtual reality game, but in reality! Kinda! Just thinking about it started to make her more excited. If only she could watch it! But there probably weren't any windows she could look through, so her only chance of watching was to go into that hangout place and...face the wrath of the red haired lady. 

9bd2007dc7.png

Penelope: (I'm not gonna like this one bit, but if it helps to cure my boredom...!)

With slow, careful steps, the girl split off from the slowly shrinking crowd and made her way back to the Warriors' Hangout, glancing around herself as she did so. With the exception of a few...unique people being around, she did not see anyone that might have looked suspicious,, so she slowly picked up the pace, but maintained a walk the entire way. She was going to take her sweet time getting there, since getting yelled at was never fun, even if she got to watch a cool game thingy afterwards. 

wgk25jV.png

Flandre was starting to get bored of the concert, or maybe it was better to say that she had something else that had caught her interest. That purple-haired girl she saw earlier with Raina was starting to leave the concert and Flandre wanted to ask a few things about Raina. Surely the purple-haired not-quite-Patchouli would know a few things right?

"Hey there," Flan half-shouted, hoping to get the purple haired girl's attention.

1 hour ago, Dumanios said:

wgk25jV.png

Flandre was starting to get bored of the concert, or maybe it was better to say that she had something else that had caught her interest. That purple-haired girl she saw earlier with Raina was starting to leave the concert and Flandre wanted to ask a few things about Raina. Surely the purple-haired not-quite-Patchouli would know a few things right?

"Hey there," Flan half-shouted, hoping to get the purple haired girl's attention.

The girl heard herself being called by someone. Oh no, was her nightmare coming true?! There was only one way to know for sure...she turned around to face the person that called out to her, put on her best smile, and- Oh, it actually wasn't a super creepy guy this time! That gave her even more of a reason to be as nice as possible.

f944f4d3bc.png

Penelope: Oh, hi there! Are you talking to me?

It was safe to assume that she had most certainly gotten her attention.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, Darkflare said:

The spider bots would eventually be destroyed by the barrage of projectiles, but the assassin would continue to reflect them inching closer and closer to its target.

The design of the arena only allows walls at the very edge. The boxes and machinery covering the area would have to be alternatives.

'Going into a melee with that assassin seems like suicide. It'd be better to up the firepower against him instead' Raina thought.

Raina called a card into her hands, nothing like the cardlike energy blasts from before.

"Freedom Seal."

latest?cb=20081228205848

On 10/31/2019 at 1:17 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Umbra uses the chain on the end of the axe to pull it back towards him catching the taunting assassin and impaling the back of his head with the blade of the axe while continuing to pull the axe back.

Cx5k0kB.png

Ha! That looks delightfully painelful!

Is what would Umbra have loved to happen, but the assassin was in fact fully aware about the possibility and ducked underneath returning axe. Sinec Umbra decided to assume his hit was successful, the assassin used the opportunity to pick up its sword and rearm itself.

0W1wIrp.jpg

Melina maintains her footing only adjusting her body slightly...

Reveal hidden contents

...and hits the cocky assassin with a barrage of punches ending in a powerful blow.

Is what Melina would have loved to happen. The reality was that the assassin caught the first punch and used the momentum to toss her in the ground, put her in a hold and break her arm instantly eliminating her.

JJVR107.png

Huuuaaaaah!

Anwalt burries his hands into the ground and unearths a large chunk of the concrete floor and hurls it straight up with the speed of a rocket towards the assassin.

The assassin is hit by the rock and falls. It doesn't get up, signaling its elimination.

Two wolves come from the portal behind the previous assassin and attack the spiders.

The wolves manage to intercept the spiders and are destroyed

LightFlare finds himself stunned...again. 

uejEFLZ.png

Aaannd...Light's gone again.

nFsYCZR.png

That selfish LightBulb! Some hero! Now I've gotta bring him back...again!

CXqCJeh.png

You can find him, right?

P2tbVPL.png

You know I can.

A portal opens under LightFlare. He falls through. 

mxw29nd.png

A sniper just landed over there. Be alert.

8MzQaCx.gif

LightFlare falls through the portal onto his face near Umbra. Umbra and Lucent laugh as Lucent heals LightFlare.

NdA9epB.png

Looks like our friend Lilith decided to pay us a visit.

Lilith wasn't hard to spot with the dark aura surrounding her and glowing eyes signifying her status as an invader. Additionally, she was moving noticeably faster than how she moved back at The Bottom and in the ship.

Her hands glowed with her dark energy as she looked at the group for a brief moment with a disappointed look. In another instant, she used the same move Light had been using to eliminate the snipers....except when she came down she would create an explosion of dark energy where she landed. She aimed where Lucent was...and it just so happened that Umbra and Light were also within range of the attack as well.

3 hours ago, Dumanios said:

'Going into a melee with that assassin seems like suicide. It'd be better to up the firepower against him instead' Raina thought.

Raina called a card into her hands, nothing like the cardlike energy blasts from before.

"Freedom Seal."

latest?cb=20081228205848

The assassin put its sword in front of it, holding on it with both hands. The assassin was attempting to reflect this attack back but was currently struggling on simply holding on. If one was careful not to be exposed to the snipers, a follow up attack was possible.

Wave 3/5

Spider bots x 5 (5 counts as 1 kill)

Assassins x 5 (1 wounded)

Invasion Portal: Off (13/25)

Enemy Invader: Present (2/4 turns)

6 hours ago, Darkflare said:

Is what would Umbra have loved to happen, but the assassin was in fact fully aware about the possibility and ducked underneath returning axe. Sinec Umbra decided to assume his hit was successful, the assassin used the opportunity to pick up its sword and rearm itself.

P2tbVPL.png

We'll aren't you the resourceful one.

Umbra motions for the the assassin to come closer. As he doing so, the portal behind the assassin suddenly moves toward the assassins back. If it reached the assassin he could swallowed up by the portal. Umbra could also see Lilith out the corner of his eye.

Is what Melina would have loved to happen. The reality was that the assassin caught the first punch and used the momentum to toss her in the ground, put her in a hold and break her arm instantly eliminating her.

Melina falls to that ground stunned.

The assassin is hit by the rock and falls. It doesn't get up, signaling its elimination.

PQuQMQn.png

Another one bites the dust.

Anwalt eyes suddenly open wide as he grabs a large piece of the floor near him, spins around and tosses it at the Assassin blocking Raina's attack like a shot puck. He uses rhe momentum from his spin to roll behind a box nearby. His hope is to damage the assassin enough for him to lose control of Raina's attack as well.

Lilith wasn't hard to spot with the dark aura surrounding her and glowing eyes signifying her status as an invader. Additionally, she was moving noticeably faster than how she moved back at The Bottom and in the ship.

uejEFLZ.png

Incoming attack!

Her hands glowed with her dark energy as she looked at the group for a brief moment with a disappointed look. In another instant, she used the same move Light had been using to eliminate the snipers....except when she came down she would create an explosion of dark energy where she landed. She aimed where Lucent was...and it just so happened that Umbra and Light were also within range of the attack as well.

Lucent, Umbra and LightFlare see Lilith coming and quickly spread out avoiding the attack. 

nFsYCZR.png

Guys! I've got a couple blood thirsty assassins licking thier chops over here! Can you do something about "Miss Glowy Eyes?"

Umbra quickly summons two portals and two wolves come out like drills at the the wounded assassin. 

hMHyDFJ.gif

(The move she used back at The Bottom. A variation of the Misogi. You get more interesting by the minute, Lilith.)

DF252C6.gif

Thanks for the save guys! Lucent! Ready to get back to it?

CXqCJeh.png

Of course. Can you stay conscious long enough to finish these guys..."hero?"

TkIy0Dl.gif

Guess there's only one way to find out..."pretty boy."

mxw29nd.png

But first....

8MzQaCx.gif

LightFlare stamps the ground and fires a flaming Light Burst at Lilith as Lucent heals Melina.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

Illusion Crystals: 10/10.

On 11/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Darkflare said:

The assassin put its sword in front of it, holding on it with both hands. The assassin was attempting to reflect this attack back but was currently struggling on simply holding on. If one was careful not to be exposed to the snipers, a follow up attack was possible.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:46 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

PQuQMQn.png

Anwalt eyes suddenly open wide as he grabs a large piece of the floor near him, spins around and tosses it at the Assassin blocking Raina's attack like a shot puck. He uses rhe momentum from his spin to roll behind a box nearby. His hope is to damage the assassin enough for him to lose control of Raina's attack as well.

kf72uxx.jpg

'He can't hold out forever, can he?'

Raina charged up an orb, preparing to fire toward the assassin. Hearing the rumbling sound, Raina looked to see Anwalt throw the floor at the Assassin.

'Since teamwork's the idea here, I have a plan.'

Charging the orb's power, she launched to to ensure it fired in an arc that would land the orb on the opposite side from where the floor was incoming.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:46 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

P2tbVPL.png

We'll aren't you the resourceful one.

Umbra motions for the the assassin to come closer. As he doing so, the portal behind the assassin suddenly moves toward the assassins back. If it reached the assassin he could swallowed up by the portal. Umbra could also see Lilith out the corner of his eye.

With the portal behind him and his target in front, the assassin proceeded to run toward Umbra blade in hand ready to strike if he got close enough.

Melina falls to that ground stunned.

It's target elminated for the moment, the assassin proceeded to set it's sight on Lucent, noting his intentions to heal Melina back up. It proceeded to run toward him.

PQuQMQn.png

On 11/7/2019 at 3:45 PM, Dumanios said:

kf72uxx.jpg

'He can't hold out forever, can he?'

Raina charged up an orb, preparing to fire toward the assassin. Hearing the rumbling sound, Raina looked to see Anwalt throw the floor at the Assassin.

'Since teamwork's the idea here, I have a plan.'

Charging the orb's power, she launched to to ensure it fired in an arc that would land the orb on the opposite side from where the floor was incoming.

Still pinned down from holding back the orb, the assassin is struck by the rock and charged orb.....and the orb it was holding back. Without a doubt, this assassin was eliminated.

nFsYCZR.png

Guys! I've got a couple blood thirsty assassins licking thier chops over here! Can you do something about "Miss Glowy Eyes?"

Umbra quickly summons two portals and two wolves come out like drills at the the wounded assassin. 

The assassin proceeded to slide underneath the incoming wolves and turn toward them. It would then proceeded to focus its attention to where the wolves were coming from.

LightFlare stamps the ground and fires a flaming Light Burst at Lilith as Lucent heals Melina.

Lilith proceeds to sidestep and respond with a few orbs of her own toward Light. She intended to use these orbs as a distraction as she would proceed to disengage from fighting him directly. Instead, Lilith proceeded to target the nearby boxes with a few more orbs intending to destroy as much cover as she could in the short time she had.

The remaining assassins began to retreat looking to pick up any dropped blades and group up for another plan of attack. At the same time, the remaining spider-bots began to make beeping sounds and flash lights as they proceeded to change targets and also proceeded to head toward the boxes being used as cover intending to destroy them as well by self destructing on top of them.

Wave 3/5

Spider bots x 5 (5 counts as 1 kill)

Assassins x 4 (1 wounded)

Invasion Portal: Off (14/25)

Enemy Invader: Present (3/4 turns)

On 11/9/2019 at 4:51 AM, Darkflare said:

With the portal behind him and his target in front, the assassin proceeded to run toward Umbra blade in hand ready to strike if he got close enough.

cerqKd3.png

You're "dead" set on getting me,huh? 

Umbra aims for the assassins head and uses his right arm to throw his axe like a Javelin as its chain flails behind it. The portal comes closer to the Assassin.

It's target elminated for the moment, the assassin proceeded to set it's sight on Lucent, noting his intentions to heal Melina back up. It proceeded to run toward him.

r004Xl3.jpg

Having been healed, Melina quickly does aerial role and perched on top of a box not targeted by the enemy. She pushes of the box and executes a flying kick at the back of the assassins head. If it connects she will follow up with a heavy hitting combo.

Still pinned down from holding back the orb, the assassin is struck by the rock and charged orb.....and the orb it was holding back. Without a doubt, this assassin was eliminated.

PQuQMQn.png

Yeah! We got this in the bag!

Anwalt rushes the one of the other assassins with a hook punch that can apply a weakpoint if it connects.

The assassin proceeded to slide underneath the incoming wolves and turn toward them. It would then proceeded to focus its attention to where the wolves were coming from.

The wolves stop spinning, quickly turn around and pounce on the assassin looking to grab his arms. If successful the the assassin will be unable to attack for the next turn.

Lilith proceeds to sidestep and respond with a few orbs of her own toward Light. She intended to use these orbs as a distraction as she would proceed to disengage from fighting him directly. Instead, Lilith proceeded to target the nearby boxes with a few more orbs intending to destroy as much cover as she could in the short time she had.

LightFlare uses the the leaping strike technique to place himself between Lilith and the boxes. LightFlare uses the boxes behind him to block him from the enemy snipers.

TkIy0Dl.gif

LightFlare as he hits the ground he does not use his elbow strike but instead uses the energy pillar attack from before. This time however the pillars do not surround him but instead raise in front of him intending to block the orbs from Lilith.

The remaining assassins began to retreat looking to pick up any dropped blades and group up for another plan of attack. At the same time, the remaining spider-bots began to make beeping sounds and flash lights as they proceeded to change targets and also proceeded to head toward the boxes being used as cover intending to destroy them as well by self destructing on top of them.

uejEFLZ.png

Raina! Take out those pesky spiders! Chill Focus!

35VOuPP.gif

Lucent casts Chill Focus on Raina.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

3. Raina

Chill Focus(100% hit rate for next attack)

17 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

uejEFLZ.png

35VOuPP.gif

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

3. Raina

Chill Focus(100% hit rate for next attack)

"On it!'

Raina shot backward and locked her sight on the mechanical spiders, preparing card-like bullets to fire towards the spiders.

'Gotcha.'

On 10/31/2019 at 8:04 PM, A person said:

The girl heard herself being called by someone. Oh no, was her nightmare coming true?! There was only one way to know for sure...she turned around to face the person that called out to her, put on her best smile, and- Oh, it actually wasn't a super creepy guy this time! That gave her even more of a reason to be as nice as possible.

f944f4d3bc.png

Penelope: Oh, hi there! Are you talking to me?

It was safe to assume that she had most certainly gotten her attention.

wgk25jV.png

"Hi there, I wanted to ask you some questions about Raina - she's about this tall," - Flandre punctuated this by holding her hand above her head - ",and kinda cool and blonde like me!"

2 hours ago, Dumanios said:

wgk25jV.png

"Hi there, I wanted to ask you some questions about Raina - she's about this tall," - Flandre punctuated this by holding her hand above her head - ",and kinda cool and blonde like me!"

7acebe8269.png

Penelope: Oooooh, you know her? Ummm...aaaaare you looking for herrr, orrrrr...?

She probably would not be able to answer many questions about Raina, since she knew pretty much nothing about her other than the fact that she was probably from another world? Maybe? Did people here really shoot stuff out and make firework stuff with their hands? There was Lightflare with his fireball things...maybe she was the one who was out of place, now that she thought about it; everyone else could do crazy magic stuff with their hands! This girl looked kind of funny, too...maybe this was one of Raina's friends?

On 11/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

cerqKd3.png

You're "dead" set on getting me,huh? 

Umbra aims for the assassins head and uses his right arm to throw his axe like a Javelin as its chain flails behind it. The portal comes closer to the Assassin.

The Assassin sidesteps to his right as he then proceeds to swing at the chain trying to slice it off with one slice. If nothing else, it would at least disrupt the direction it would return.

r004Xl3.jpg

Having been healed, Melina quickly does aerial role and perched on top of a box not targeted by the enemy. She pushes of the box and executes a flying kick at the back of the assassins head. If it connects she will follow up with a heavy hitting combo.

The wolves stop spinning, quickly turn around and pounce on the assassin looking to grab his arms. If successful the the assassin will be unable to attack for the next turn.

The assassin would move to its left to avoid Melina's attack, but one of the wolves would manage to pounce on it when it did so. It quickly tried to grab the wolf and kick it away

PQuQMQn.png

Yeah! We got this in the bag!

Anwalt rushes the one of the other assassins with a hook punch that can apply a weakpoint if it connects.

The assassin notices and proceeds to intercept the attack and "catch" the punch and try to counter attack with a palm strike.

TkIy0Dl.gif

LightFlare as he hits the ground he does not use his elbow strike but instead uses the energy pillar attack from before. This time however the pillars do not surround him but instead raise in front of him intending to block the orbs from Lilith.

The pillar does manage to intercept the orbs destroying them in the process. Lilith took the opportunity use her Ashura warp technique to close the distance toward Light. From there, she focused her ki on her hands.

("He's too versatile, he can stop any attempt at destroying their cover.")

She moved toward Light as she began to focus.

uejEFLZ.png

35VOuPP.gif

On 11/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, Dumanios said:

"On it!'

Raina shot backward and locked her sight on the mechanical spiders, preparing card-like bullets to fire towards the spiders.

'Gotcha.'

Those with arachnophobia would rejoice as the remaining spider bots were destroyed

Wave 3/5

Assassins x 4 (1 wounded)

Invasion Portal: Off (15/25)

Enemy Invader: Present (4/4 turns)

8 hours ago, Darkflare said:

The Assassin sidesteps to his right as he then proceeds to swing at the chain trying to slice it off with one slice. If nothing else, it would at least disrupt the direction it would return.

The assassins blade cuts the chain from the axe as the axe continues to go through the portal behind the assassin. 

cerqKd3.png

Heh...

The portal closes as the blade goes through and reopens over the assassins new position as the axe comes flying back out like a spear at the assassins back. Simultaneously Umbra pulls back the chain and tries to swing it towards the assassins legs in an effort to capture them or distract him.

The assassin would move to its left to avoid Melina's attack, but one of the wolves would manage to pounce on it when it did so. It quickly tried to grab the wolf and kick it away

4CvHa1T.png

The second wolf is relentless and immediately goes for the leg of the assassin. Meanwhile, Melina quickly recovers from her missed attack and tries to use her small window of opportunity to grab the assassin from the back with her arm around his neck. If successful she will slam him to the ground on his head.

The assassin notices and proceeds to intercept the attack and "catch" the punch and try to counter attack with a palm strike.

3JHnYjM.png

Anwalt pulls back on his captured are, places his feet firmly on the ground, tightens his stance, blocks the palm strike with his forearm and tries to use the same arm to deliver an uppercut that could send the assassin airborne if it connects.

The pillar does manage to intercept the orbs destroying them in the process. Lilith took the opportunity use her Ashura warp technique to close the distance toward Light. From there, she focused her ki on her hands.

LsFwTZk.jpg

This has been quite exhilarating, young lady. But I know you're not done..

("He's too versatile, he can stop any attempt at destroying their cover.")

She moved toward Light as she began to focus.

cTsizZD.jpg

LightFlare begins to charge his next attack. This all to familiar stance tells what possibly lies ahead for Lilith...

CXqCJeh.png

Let's keep the teamwork going, Light! Chill Focus!

35VOuPP.gif

Lucent casts Chill Focus on LightFlare.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:23 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

3JHnYjM.png

Anwalt pulls back on his captured are, places his feet firmly on the ground, tightens his stance, blocks the palm strike with his forearm and tries to use the same arm to deliver an uppercut that could send the assassin airborne if it connects.

446wz9Q.png

Raina charged a large orb in her hands, preparing to fire it toward the assassin Anwalt was fighting once there was enough distance between the two of them.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:23 AM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

The assassins blade cuts the chain from the axe as the axe continues to go through the portal behind the assassin. 

cerqKd3.png

Heh...

The portal closes as the blade goes through and reopens over the assassins new position as the axe comes flying back out like a spear at the assassins back. Simultaneously Umbra pulls back the chain and tries to swing it towards the assassins legs in an effort to capture them or distract him.

The assassin is unable to notice the axe from above and proceeds to wear it as a hat. And then it dies.

4CvHa1T.png

The second wolf is relentless and immediately goes for the leg of the assassin. Meanwhile, Melina quickly recovers from her missed attack and tries to use her small window of opportunity to grab the assassin from the back with her arm around his neck. If successful she will slam him to the ground on his head.

The wolf would manage to attack the leg as the assassin was unable to recover from the first wolf. As it did, the assassin would try use its second leg to trap the wolf's neck in between them, before getting caught by Melina. Of course, Melina had to take into account the wolf latched onto its keg if she were to continue with the slam.

3JHnYjM.png

The assassin would notice the wind up for the uppercut and lean back to avoid it before swerving fast in an attempt to headbutt Anwalt.

LsFwTZk.jpg

This has been quite exhilarating, young lady. But I know you're not done..

cTsizZD.jpg

LightFlare begins to charge his next attack. This all to familiar stance tells what possibly lies ahead for Lilith...

CXqCJeh.png

Let's keep the teamwork going, Light! Chill Focus!

35VOuPP.gif

Lucent casts Chill Focus on LightFlare.

It is in this moment that important life lessons are learned. The fact that charging an attack next to an enemy who was likely faster than you even if for that moment isn't a good idea and that 100% hit rate doesn't mean a thing if you never launch your attack.

When Light began to make the motion to charge his attack, Lilith would immediately strike him with a palm thrust infusing him with her dark ki in the process to severely disrupt his ki flow and make it incredibly difficult to use his ki to do anything. But then again, it's not like Light isn't unfamiliar with dark ki...

Regardless, after the palm thrust, Lilith would be forced out of their arena as her invading time was out.

The remaining assassin had positioned itself in an area overlooking the group. Blade in hand, it waited for its moment. In an instant, the sound of both snipers firing about a second apart from each shot was heard, as the assassin proceeded to reflect those bullets toward Lucent and Raina.

Wave 3/5

Assassins x 3 (1 wounded)

Invasion Portal: Off (16/25)

Enemy Invader: Absent

7 hours ago, Darkflare said:

The assassin is unable to notice the axe from above and proceeds to wear it as a hat. And then it dies.

P2tbVPL.png

That's a bold fashion statement. But I think you pulled it off...now. Time to go hunting.

A portal opens and wolf comes out, snatches the axe out of the assassins head and brings it to Umbra. Umbra goes into making his next move.

The wolf would manage to attack the leg as the assassin was unable to recover from the first wolf. As it did, the assassin would try use its second leg to trap the wolf's neck in between them, before getting caught by Melina. Of course, Melina had to take into account the wolf latched onto its keg if she were to continue with the slam.

CoURX0V.png

Huuaaah!

Melina decides to repay the helpful wolves by not slamming them along with the assassin and instead uses her strong grip to simply snap his neck...seeing as "great minds think alike." This allows the wolf trapped between the assassins legs to escape. The other wolf simply released his grip. 

c0k6hFg.jpg

Good boys...now to find the "real threat."

Melina petted the wolves who then seemingly barked in appreciation before reuniting with Umbra. Melina begins to survey the area.

The assassin would notice the wind up for the uppercut and lean back to avoid it before swerving fast in an attempt to headbutt Anwalt.

PQuQMQn.png

Anwalt begins leaning his body back brings his arm down from the missed uppercut and tries to catch the Assassin on the bridge of the nose hopping to at least stun the assassin enough to retreat or continue the assault. 

When Light began to make the motion to charge his attack, Lilith would immediately strike him with a palm thrust infusing him with her dark ki in the process to severely disrupt his ki flow and make it incredibly difficult to use his ki to do anything. But then again, it's not like Light isn't unfamiliar with dark ki...

The dark chi inside LightFlare became erratic...

58GvOJ7.gif

(What was that attack?! I'm having trouble controlling my Dark Chi...)

ufJDavC.jpg

Hmph!

LightFlare stomps the ground. This time no dark energy surrounds him. He appears calm again.

urqQDyn.jpg

(I'll need to use my Light Techniques for the time being...)

Regardless, after the palm thrust, Lilith would be forced out of their arena as her invading time was out.

BtiCbvK.gif

(We'll have to settle up next time...eh, Young Lady.)

The remaining assassin had positioned itself in an area overlooking the group. Blade in hand, it waited for its moment. In an instant, the sound of both snipers firing about a second apart from each shot was heard, as the assassin proceeded to reflect those bullets toward Lucent and Raina.

Anwalt hears the gunshots. Unaware of who the target is, he takes no chances and falls on his back using the momentum from his previous attack on the assassin.

bLgA5TA.png

"Whoopsies!"

Hearing the gunshot, Lucent, Melina, Umbra and LightFlare quickly find cover. 

uejEFLZ.png

Raina! Crap! Can anyone tell where the snipers are?!

nFsYCZR.png

I can..!

hMHyDFJ.gif

I can, as well! 

NdA9epB.png

Good! You two can take on those two snipers. Melina! How bout you show that assassin who's the fastest? I'll continue to support from here. 

A6xdOZC.jpg

Sounds like a  plan, Pretty Boy! Hook a girl up wit some extra speed!

DF252C6.gif

They're not to far from where the others are. Based on where the gun shots came from. 

cerqKd3.png

Well that assassin will be on top of us any second. And the snipers are gonna blast every box till we have no cover left. So we'd better move! Ready!?

rukHm7Q.gif

Melina, LightFlare and Lucent nod to show they understand. Lucent casts Boon of Swiftness on Melina. Melina sprints from behind her cover and runs toward the Assassin that was deflecting bullets. She closes the gap and draws her arm back hoping to deliver a strong attack. If it connects it will cause the assassin to be stunned and open to another attack.

At the same time LightFlare and Umbra flanked by 3 wolves begin moving towards the Snipers. Umbra uses his wolves to pinpoint the snipers locations. One wolf rushes one of the snipers while the other rushes the remaining sniper. The third wolf uses the spiral technique on order to attack the assassin fighting Anwalt.

System Information

1. Umbra

2. Lucent Vermillion

3. LightFlare

Chill Focus(100% hit rate for next attack)

4. Melina Braveheart

Quickened (Boon of Swiftness Buff): 3 turns left

Spoiler

Having a master assassin cone to your place for assistance for his comrades is not something you expect to happen when you run a training facility, but a moment ago that's exactly what happened.

In the end, there wasn't much he could do and while he offered help, Sub-Zero let him know that it was "A Lin Kuei matter that he needed to personally take care of". Last thing Flare did was personally escort him out, normally left to one of his mecha maids he felt it wouldn't be right in the current situation.

Once that was done, he went back. There wasn't much time to rest as there was usually something that needed his attention. He took out a small table as he looked through the information.

ATFW2x0.png

"That drill is being run.... At least we can use this data to refine it. I just wish they would have run it by me first."

Flare proceeded to head to the elevator underground wanting to see the results of the experimental drill being run.

On 11/15/2019 at 6:02 PM, Darkflare said:

'You're kidding...'

Raina slid towards cover to avoid the bullet.

'As long as he has that blade, any projectiles will have a hard time beating him. Maybe I should get close instead.'

ATFW2x0.png

"I see this drill finally has its maiden voyage."

Flare approaches the small group overlooking the drill.

umOLsBs.png

"We'll have to look over this and adjust a few things before we can turn this into a regular thing."

S8A0stI.png

"From what I could see, perhaps we could make interactions between both teams more frequent."

lHsJ0ht.png

"We'll have to shorten the rounds though, until we can mage a better mana flow. Our mages won't be able to hold for all the rounds"

29U7aJW.png

"I understand. Shut it down."

umOLsBs.png

"Hold on, they can still manage for this round."

III9azA.png

"If you're wrong and something happens, it's my ass on the line. Shut it down, that's an order."

umOLsBs.png

"All right all right. I guess I can't blame you in this case."

Raph proceeded to interact with the console and begin shutting down the drill.

Soon after the enemies and the environment began to disappear.

umOLsBs.png

"Sorry boys and girls but I'm afraid we'll have to end this one early due to technical difficulties and safety concerns. Head to the center so we can pull you out quickly."

49 minutes ago, Darkflare said:

Raph proceeded to interact with the console and begin shutting down the drill.

umOLsBs.png

"Sorry boys and girls but I'm afraid we'll have to end this one early due to technical difficulties and safety concerns. Head to the center so we can pull you out quickly."

hgdMXSj.jpg

With the assassins and environment disappearing, Raina was shocked. Upon hearing the announcement, Raina began to head to the center.

"So now what?" Raina asked Anwalt.

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

Melina prepares to strike when the assassin disappears right before her eyes...

0W1wIrp.jpg

What's going on? He disappeared!?

VbvkNXb.png

Did we lose? Did the other team already finish?

1 hour ago, Darkflare said:

DF252C6.gif

Something must have happened. We'd better head back quickly. Raina! We're heading back!

LightFlare, Melina, Umbra, Lucent and Anwalt head to the center of the arena.