[Fairy Tail]Erza

Its a long ass story and i dont quite feel like telling it so blah blah blah copyright blah blah blah bullshit blah.

I don't asked you to tell me that. What I said was only what I was thinking about copyright.

How do you guys find out when something is or isn't forbidden? P_P

WHO DO YOU KNOW!?!?

I think there is nothing isn't forbidden, except the original characters. There are people who don't care if you use material protected by copyright, because there is no profit in that. I don't know how to know if a game, anime and other stuff are protected by copyright.

Its a long ass story and i dont quite feel like telling it so blah blah blah copyright blah blah blah bullshit blah.

From what I do know, it had something to do with a Fairy Tail screenpack that was made. Ryon recieved a "cease and desist" notice from someone claiming to be the copyright holders. Turns out it was just the author of the screenpack who sent him the email.

Thats the story in a nutshell from what I understand.

I don't know how to know if a game, anime and other stuff are protected by copyright.

Under US law (as well as others I'm sure), the moment you create something, you own the copyright to that work. That includes the exclusive rights to reproduction, distribution, derivative works, AND public performance/display. That copyright and its associated rights last until one of the following conditions are met:

• 70 years after you die (single authors only).
  • 95 years after first published (corporate/businesses only).
  • 125 years after first creation (corporate/businesses only).
  • The copyrights are sold/transferred to someone else.
  • You explicitly relinquish yourself of all copyrights and release the work into the public domain (not valid for derivative works of works still under copyright).
  • The work was created prior to January 1st, 1923.

So yeah, technically speaking we're all breaking copyright. The only issue is which cases the copyright holder decides to enforce the copyrights.

Companies like Capcom and SNK (the latter required some convincing from the community) more or less promised not to do anything about MUGEN unless money was exchanging hands.

Companies like Hasbro, Sega, and Square-Enix have already taken down fan-created projects and games regardless of wether money exchanged hands or not.

Its frustrating because there is no clear cut line between black and white. Its more of a case-by-case scenario. Its not a topic I like to talk about but your post prompted me to clear up those misunderstandings.

From what I do know, it had something to do with a Fairy Tail screepack that was made. Ryon recieved a "cease and desist" notice from someone claiming to be the copyright holders.

Turns out it was just the author of the screenpack who sent him the email.

What the hell? Sometimes people are crazy...

What the hell? Sometimes people are crazy...

it doesnt get crazier than the Vyx incident. He tried to countersue Elecbyte after they made their return because they tried to sue him for copyright infringement for selling a winmugen mod that enabled compatability with HD stages.

Vyx's argument was that winmugen was abandonware and thus public domain, and that Elecbyte stole Mugen 1.0's HD support from his winmugen hack. When that failed, he then tried spewing some bullshit argument that the current Elecbyte wasn't the same Elecbyte that released winmugen 10 years ago, and that they had no legal right to claim anything.

This is the same Vyx that suckerpunched MFG's Byakko in the back of the head after they met in real life, btw. If it wasn't already obvious that the guy was out of his fucking mind, then that should convinced you.

it doesnt get crazier than the Vyx incident. He tried to countersue Elecbyte after they made their return because they tried to sue him for copyright infringement for selling a winmugen mod that enabled compatability with HD stages.

Vyx's argument was that winmugen was abandonware and thus public domain, and that Elecbyte stole Mugen 1.0's HD support from his winmugen hack. When that failed, he then tried spewing some bullshit argument that the current Elecbyte wasn't the same Elecbyte that released winmugen 10 years ago, and that they had no legal right to claim anything.

This is the same Vyx that suckerpunched MFG's Byakko in the back of the head after they met in real life, btw. If it wasn't already obvious that the guy was out of his fucking mind, then that should convinced you.

What my eyes have read... There is no limit to human stupidity...

Einstein technically said it first and I have yet to find an instance that disproves that claim.

I do believe he also said something along the lines of that human stupidity is the only thing that rivals man's capacity for intelligence, unless I'm mistaken. Either way, we're both simultaneously the least and most intelligent species, a living contradiction in a way.

long story short the person got butthurt his screenpack was warehoused and tried to file a fake legal claim against ryon for it. so he took precautions thats all.

long story short the person got butthurt his screenpack was warehoused and tried to file a fake legal claim against ryon for it. so he took precautions thats all.

Not to mention the fact that, in doing so, the author did something pretty illegal, worse than "copyright infringement" by making mugen stuff.

I'm of course referring to that little part of the cease & desist statements that mentions "under penalty of perjury", which are a required part of C&D statements by law if I might add.

To anyone.

Im gonna delete this topic at some point but i want everyone to read this first.

Someone who claimed to be part of the broadcasting network of Fairy Tail, threatened to sue me in court because I was hosting his shitty screenpack (which was truely shiity i might add, not because of me or him, but because it was half assed in every way)

and claimed ownership over the characters and screenpack. so to avoid the possible issue of a lawsuit i decided to ban fairy tail stuff on the website.

and it wasnt like a direct e-mail, it was a report sent to my host, and from my host to me, regarding copy written material.

So thats the real reason. I don't want to deal with any legal issues.

also I might add, the broadcasting network that threatened me, apparently is from a country that owns no rights to it anyways, But i'd rather play it safe.

To anyone.

Im gonna delete this topic at some point but i want everyone to read this first.

Someone who claimed to be part of the broadcasting network of Fairy Tail, threatened to sue me in court because I was hosting his shitty screenpack (which was truely shiity i might add, not because of me or him, but because it was half assed in every way)

and claimed ownership over the characters and screenpack. so to avoid the possible issue of a lawsuit i decided to ban fairy tail stuff on the website.

and it wasnt like a direct e-mail, it was a report sent to my host, and from my host to me, regarding copy written material.

So thats the real reason. I don't want to deal with any legal issues.

also I might add, the broadcasting network that threatened me, apparently is from a country that owns no rights to it anyways, But i'd rather play it safe.

so does this mean,when i Release my Erza and Lucy i can't post them here on Free for all?

• 1 month later...

...The legal system: The mid-boss that makes the boss look easy.

I've played with this Erza a bit and ya know what, she ain't bad. She may not be the most complex character ever, or the best looking, but she plays and looks well enough for me to keep her. If you like Fairy Tale, or fantasy characters in general, than you shouldn't have any regrets with this one. Everybody else...well sheis at least worth a trial period if nothing else.