Haku (Naruto)

Sesshomaru (Inuyasha)

Yu Kandu (d gray man)

Taruto from (tokyo mew mew)

Clause from (fma)

Luka from (steinsgate)

Ofc mine are... well some of them are the other way around

Where a man was a women

Ahh, traps. Well, the only that I actually thought was a woman was the dude from Natuto with the mask (I don't remember his name, I've only watched a few episodes on Toonami.) I'm pretty sure they got everyone with him. And although it's not an anime, there is Bridget from Guilty Gear.

Only happened to me once and that was when I thought Namine Ritsu was a chick, became a huge fan of her songs but then found out it was a dude that was into crossdressing whats worse it was a little kid like super super young kid :omg:

Scarred. For. Life.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this was said

But Professor Vellian Crowler/Chronos de Medici from Yu-Gi-Oh GX

What? I understand from the beginning he is a man. I guess you have been fooled by the makeup. Most of the time, japanese makes Italians with an extravagant appearance (like Parco Folgore from Konjiki no Gashbell, Vulcano Rosso and Rose from Street Fighter).

I'm curious to know this, Because lately I have mistaken many men characters as women. Like Crona from Soul Eater...

Crona maybe is a girl. In the japanese version, the other characters talk about him/her as neutral. So if you can't prove that in the manga it was discovered the gender, you can't say that he/she is a male.