Two Pokémon.

Hi, I'm The 100 Mega Shock. You might know me as that guy on MFG who made some honestly not that good Pokémon characters. Now, I'm back with a two-for-one special on characters that might actually be fun to play and contain very challenging AI at high levels.

Enormous bump time:

Zangoose has been completely reworked and is pretty much nearly complete at this point, save for a finished big portrait, some more work on intro poses and winquotes. I've put up a public download, though I'd hesitate to call it a full release for those reason and because I'd like to hear feedback and opinions first, as well as catch any mistakes that slip past me. It also contains a complete AI (based on The_None's Shaq) that you can see in this video.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-b_chvLo3w

Download

A looooot of animations

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lopunny:

Lots of code changes and new special moves to come since this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRU_FkM0C8Q

Animations

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"honestly not that good Pokémon characters." Nonsense! Mewtwo is an epic character, and though the lag associated with it on my machine is subjective, when it runs smoothly, it's a blast to play as! Heck, I even beat Gardevoir's bastard AI the other day with it! Will Lopunny's moveset take inspiration from Type: Wild?

No. It's based a lot more around kicking and quickly moving in and out of range. None of those ear attacks either

Originality ftw  :awesome

I just noticed something! Lopunny only has three fingers in all the media I've seen (including Pokédex 3D) and only the fingers are shown, not the whole hand...

Yeah, punching things without a thumb just looks weird. I've been adjusting the design to make it more suitable for a fighting game than the official model: Posted Image

Where do you get your character animations?

please If you could teach me how to make characters like this. I'll gladly make some of my own favorite pokemon!

All the animation is done by myself using 3D models in a program called 3DS Max. It's quite a complicated thing to jump into I'm afraid - even though you can find models from official games on the internet it takes time to learn about how 3D graphics work and animation especially. My Blaziken that was released last year is much, much less refined in terms of the quality of the sprites and how well done the animation is, and it still took me almost a year to learn how to make that.

You improved your Mewtwo from your initial one which is a good thing, and at the same time it's nice to see a (legendary pokemon) character that's balanced and not OP.

Looking forward to your Zangeese Zangoose and Lopunny! Good luck, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Arghh!!! Man... I will make a Feraligatr for MUGEN, if I had the expert-knowledge of an artist... but I can't even draw and I'm a bit afraid to ask someone to make at least a spritesheet...

by the way how did you manage to make such awesome creations?

Thanks, matt.

Where did you get the models?

Zangoose was my own creation. Lopunny is based on the model from Poképark for the Wii. You can find many of the model files online or take them from a copy of the game, they're not hidden and the game uses a standard Wii graphics format that can be openened in a program called BRRESViewer, which also works with a fair number of Nintendo titles like Brawl and Mario Kart.

Arghh!!! Man... I will make a Feraligatr for MUGEN, if I had the expert-knowledge of an artist... but I can't even draw and I'm a bit afraid to ask someone to make at least a spritesheet...

by the way how did you manage to make such awesome creations?

Just almost two years of hard work and practice animating, really.

also here's a painting:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zangoose and Lopunny team on my roster.....I can see it!  Just make sure they got some tough and smart AI so they don't get 2-0 destroyed.  xD

Yeah, it's a priority this time for the computer to not get destroyed and actually understand what they can do.

I love your Mewtwo and we really do need more pokemon. Wonder if you could do the same with master chief? Been dying to get/make a good master chief myself.

That's an interesting idea, but not something I'm very familiar with, and the rendering techniques I'm doing takes advantage of Mugen's limitations in a way that works great for cartoon characters, but not as much for realistic ones.

Well, good luck for those chars.

Thnaks.

I'm now back on track after a very busy couple of weeks and have finished all Zangoose's basic normals and overhauled most existing animations:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lbzXB4asHo

A few sprites look like a bootleg Waku Waku 7 character because they're quick prototypes without outlines; Photoshop is giving me grief.

Far Punches

Posted Image

Close Punches

Posted Image

Crouch Punches

Posted Image

Jump Punches

Posted Image

Far Kicks

Posted Image

Close Kicks

Posted Image

Crouch Kicks

Posted Image

Jump Kicks

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Zangoose and Lopunny team on my roster.....I can see it!  Just make sure they got some tough and smart AI so they don't get 2-0 destroyed.  xD

yeah. Cause We ALL Know what happened to Lucario And Mewtwo ( Double Flawlessed ? Good Grief . )

• 5 months later...

Enormous bump time: Zangoose has been completely reworked and is pretty much nearly complete at this point, save for a finished big portrait, some more work on intro poses and winquotes. I've put up a public download, though I'd hesitate to call it a full release for those reason and because I'd like to hear feedback and opinions first, as well as catch any mistakes that slip past me. It also contains a complete AI (based on The_None's Shaq) that you can see in this video. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-b_chvLo3w Download