Which is better? Sprite-Database or Sprite Resources?

llyyr

Which is better?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No contest, really. Spriters Resource has a lot more sprites, but an awful community. To be fair, though, Sprite Database doesn't have a huge community, but it mostly a nice one. Me, I have a few sprites and soundclips submitted to Database (under the name That-Darn-Cat or Rex the Jailcat) that I will not have submitted at Spriters Resource. I even have "not to be submitted to Spriters Resource" in some of my disclaimers.

Spriters Database Is Better, It Has Sprite Full Rips Organized And Not Half-Assed Like Spriter Resource. A Good Example Is The The Star Wars Episode 3 GBA Game Spriters Database Ripped All Of Anakin Skywalker's Frames Spriters Resource Ripped It Terribly With Alot Of Frames Missing, So I Choose Spriters Database Hands Down.

Spriters Database Is Better, It Has Sprite Full Rips Organized And Not Half-Assed Like Spriter Resource.

A Good Example Is The The Star Wars Episode 3 GBA Game Spriters Database Ripped All Of Anakin Skywalker's Frames Spriters Resource Ripped It Terribly With Alot Of Frames Missing, So I Choose Spriters Database Hands Down.

I have noticed a huge decline in quality with Spriters Resource. Some sprites on the site use transparent backgrounds which save in black, making sprites with black outlines harder to use. I've also notice that sprite-sheets are missing sprites, and some sprite-sheets even slow down my computer like I just got a virus or something. I cannot even explain that one.

I always feel that the thing I've disliked most about Spriters Resource is their disgusting hostility towards You Know Whats.

I've been a member in both, submitted for both and was one of the mods in the sprites submissions of Spriters Resource until I left for personal reasons Both sites complements each other. Both got their ups and downs and interesting features. And both Grim and the guys from tSR are in friendly terms. It's just a matter of personal oppinion