[Gen7] Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon discussion thread

Galvatron

13 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

While I do like some of the Mega Evolution designs, I think those design should have been proper evolutions instead of Mega Evolutions.

Just the mere idea of what the Mega Evolution is sounds pretty much not-POKéMON.

Seriously, I finally want to play a new classic POKéMON again.

Yes! I agree with this. this is my next thought to! It should have just been another evolution stage. Even with fire stones or water stones, at least it was a permanent change. Besides there was all ready a way to temporarily boost stats in the game, weren't there something like Attack X or Special X? I think it was like a drug you feed to your pokemon during battle to boost the stats for that fight.

22 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Aaaaaanyway, what else can be said about POKéMON Sun and Moon?

One thing I can say about this I know their going to be more mega-pokemon. and two of these pokemon I know for sure that are going to get one are

Lunatone :

337.png  +   50px-Tretta_Mega_Evolution_icon.png =  

and Solrock:

338.png +   50px-Tretta_Mega_Evolution_icon.png =   ?

...considering the new titles Im pretty sure these pokemon going to have mega-evolutions. 

9 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

One thing I can say about this I know their going to be more mega-pokemon. and two of these pokemon I know for sure that are going to get one are

Lunatone :

and Solrock:

...considering the new titles Im pretty sure these pokemon going to have mega-evolutions. 

So far, that's just speculation.

46 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Damn, I keep forgetting that it's actually Game Freak that made POKéMON.

They also did PulseMan on the Sega Megadrive...wait a minute! #WhereIsPulseMan2

Oh gamefreak actually made a pokemon very similar to pulseman so that could be your pulseman 2 right there. I saw it in a youtube video where the pointed out the similarities. I think pulseman's inspired pokemon was a bug type maybe that used electric or something like that? I could be wrong, this video was old so I don't remember too well.

ALSO,

According to some other videos, the new pokemon game is going to have vehicles, but not just any vehicles but public service vehicles like fire trucks and ambulances. It's possible that this will be like Grand Theft Auto's mini games where if you steal a firetruck or police car that you can actually do those jobs in game to earn money! It may be like this or it just might be a mini quest to aid a blastoise to put out a fire, similar to the anime where Ash shared his squirtle to an officer jenny in order to stop a crime mystery.   

As seen in "here comes the squirtle squad"

There is also evidence that suggest this game is going to be tropical based. So this might be modeled after South America, where mew is from, or maybe like Brazil? So the whole Sun and Moon thing might be related to a whole tribal worship of these elements rather than it being a game that takes place in outer space on some space colony near a sun and a moon.

though that's just my speculation based on this new data recently.

58 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

Nintendo can drop the idea all they want, but Game Freak would have to drop it in order for it to be excluded from future titles ;P

It's probably gonna stay. If it was popular then it's probably gonna stick around from now on and they'll likely add more, perhaps from the following generations that didn't get the mega treatment. this would also attract their former audience of players so it would be pretty profitable to include them.

4 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Ugh...Mega Evolutions again.

I really hope Nintendo drops the idea of Mega Evolutions altogether and makes new proper evolutions instead.

Unfortunately Game-freak won't drop that idea considering its a trend to the latest gen of this series. If they did drop that concept now it will back fire on the whole idea for different evolutions Considering some pokemon does needs that extra boost for instance:

Farfetch'd

83.png ( this thing needs help bad)

Raticate

20.png (strong but still needs alittle boost in speed and def.)

Delibird:

225.png(I know this thing needs some boost)

........pretty much some low-tier pokemon that should get an evolution or mega-form at this point.... :-P

1 hour ago, AxSeeker said:

I think pulseman's inspired pokemon was a bug type maybe that used electric or something like that? I could be wrong, this video was old so I don't remember too well.

Pulseman is typically thought to be the inspiration for Rotom, an Electric/Ghost-type Pokémon that can possess electronic devices to cause mischief. Similar to Pulseman, Rotom is primarily orange in colour and sports a horn atop its head. Definitely not a Bug-type, lol.

qR2fSU4.png

1 hour ago, AxSeeker said:

It's probably gonna stay. If it was popular then it's probably gonna stick around from now on and they'll likely add more, perhaps from the following generations that didn't get the mega treatment. this would also attract their former audience of players so it would be pretty profitable to include them.

Oh, I'm certain they'll be keeping Mega Evolution. I was merely reminding Trini in my usual prickish way that Nintendo don't make the Pokémon games :P

6 hours ago, MugoUrth said:

So far, that's just speculation.

Yeah we know it is but im pretty sure Lunatone and Solrock will get some sort of evolution since the name of the titles does represent these pokemon in a way. it seems to obvious in my perspective.. :-P

2 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Pulseman is typically thought to be the inspiration for Rotom, an Electric/Ghost-type Pokémon that can possess electronic devices to cause mischief. Similar to Pulseman, Rotom is primarily orange in colour and sports a horn atop its head. Definitely not a Bug-type, lol.

I'm talking about this guy @3:47    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buhYHPufHAQ

5 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Yeah we know it is but im pretty sure Lunatone and Solrock will get some sort of evolution since the name of the titles does represent these pokemon in a way. it seems to obvious in my perspective.. :-P

How? Oh, right, the name of the Pokemon games are Sun and Moon, that mean two lesser Pokemon MUST be important to the game because they're a sun and a moon. Hate to break it to ya, but I'm going to wait for proof again.

19 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

They never explained the significance of Solrock and Lunatone in their original games nor the remakes, so I dunno why they'd choose to do so in a brand-new title. All we really know about them is that 'they fell from space'.

Hmm. thats a good point their.. could be looking at an more bigger perspective about their origins which could lead to legendary pokemons that has something to do to their existence. :-P

14 hours ago, MugoUrth said:

How? Oh, right, the name of the Pokemon games are Sun and Moon, that mean two lesser Pokemon MUST be important to the game because they're a sun and a moon. Hate to break it to ya, but I'm going to wait for proof again.

We not saying they are important pokemon but could be some CONNECTIONS to them since the new titles(Sun/Moon) and if you think about it the only pokemon comes to mind are Lunatone and Solrock. Of course they are not the main pokemon considering we will have new legendarys that will represent that case. However we maybe looking at some new evolution to thoes pokemon thats what im trying to say even if its true or not.

19 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:
On 2/28/2016 at 9:23 AM, Galvatron said:

teletubbies-sun-teaser.jpg?w=300&h=208&c

On 2/28/2016 at 9:23 AM, Galvatron said:

latest?cb=20100106035745

LOL!  Goodone Rice.   XD

7 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

At least Zygarde isnt Phione :}

LOL! XD

aint that the truth.

Oh and thanks for merging the topics together Rice. I think its very reasonable since Z version is highly not possible at this point.

On 2/27/2016 at 8:28 AM, Captain Papyrus said:

I'm sad that you stopped at Street Fighter 4, seeing how Street Fighter 5 is a much better game (although SF5 did manage to become the Sonic'06 out of the Street Fighter games, hyped but rushed).

Aaaaaanyway, what else can be said about POKéMON Sun and Moon?

Where is Street fighter 5 superior to SF 4? I can barely find a match online. None of my fighter fan friends touched it after there first experience with it. Transformations suck, roster sucks, new characters suck, no akuma sucks, no guile sucks, No Balrog sucks, No Rufus Sucks, No Sean Sucks, Why the fuck is Karin here and not Sakura? Fuck Fang. 

On 2/27/2016 at 6:16 AM, Galvatron said:

LOL! XD  Oh Man!  Matt

Nah!.. its not about the money issues or anything like that (considering i have a good job and independent) it just after awhile playing some game series its starts getting old to me plus it gets to the point in your life you have to let it be. same goes with:

Mario series (I stop after 'Mario Galaxy')

Final Fantasy series (I stop after FF12)

Tales series (I stop after 'Abyss')

Street fighter (I stop after SF4)

Even though I will still have my opinions about the new/latest addition to these series  but I won't be going any further in playing them considering I can always play the games again that i already own. (Im more of a classic/retro type dude anyways)

You can say thats how things goes when you start getting old in life :goodmood:

Lol. I retired from Mario after SunShine, but Game back with the New Super Mario 2

Final Fantasy XII was awesome and sadly my last as well (I really gave XIII a shot but it just pissed me off)

I played 20 minutes of Tales of Symphonia before I dropped that serious

I will never stop playing Street Fighter because I am fight game guy, however SFV will need a hell of a patch before a cosider it worthy of the brand (Where the fuck is Sagat) and Pokemon is my last vestige of connecting my childhood to my children's considering everything else has become a lot more mature or been completely bastardized.

10 hours ago, Cayne said:

Where is Street fighter 5 superior to SF 4? I can barely find a match online. None of my fighter fan friends touched it after there first experience with it. Transformations suck, roster sucks, new characters suck, no akuma sucks, no guile sucks, No Balrog sucks, No Rufus Sucks, No Sean Sucks, Why the fuck is Karin here and not Sakura? Fuck Fang. 

Lol. I retired from Mario after SunShine, but Game back with the New Super Mario 2

Final Fantasy XII was awesome and sadly my last as well (I really gave XIII a shot but it just pissed me off)

I played 20 minutes of Tales of Symphonia before I dropped that serious

I will never stop playing Street Fighter because I am fight game guy, however SFV will need a hell of a patch before a cosider it worthy of the brand (Where the fuck is Sagat) and Pokemon is my last vestige of connecting my childhood to my children's considering everything else has become a lot more mature or been completely bastardized.

Online is bad due to Street Fighter V's very Sonic'06-like status (will hopefully be fixed in a patch), Necalli's transformation is bad-ass, SFV's roster cannot suck if SF4's roster had El Fuerte, all new characters are still better than motherfucking El Fuerte, Akuma is overrated, Guile is DLC, Balrog is DLC, Rufus is forgetable, Sean is forgetable, Karin is much better than the piece of shit that is Sakura. Oh, and FANG is actually awesome if you know how to use him.

But seriously, El Fuerte is literal cancer and should have never happened.

5 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Online is bad due to Street Fighter V's very Sonic'06-like status (will hopefully be fixed in a patch), Necalli's transformation is bad-ass, SFV's roster cannot suck if SF4's roster had El Fuerte, all new characters are still better than motherfucking El Fuerte, Akuma is overrated, Guile is DLC, Balrog is DLC, Rufus is forgetable, Sean is forgetable, Karin is much better than the piece of shit that is Sakura. Oh, and FANG is actually awesome if you know how to use him.

But seriously, El Fuerte is literal cancer and should have never happened.

Guile is not announced as DLC. Rofus was literally one of the best new editions to street fighter. Akuma isnt over-rated he is under powered for skilled use. El Fuerto does suck but I never even brought him up. Sakura is superior to Karin and Nacali's transformation is just another SSJ ripoff. Let's be honest here; I'm a die hard SF fan so if this game wasnt a piece o shit I wouldnt have said it. They even made Bison terrible and where the fuck is SAGAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Cayne said:

Guile is not announced as DLC. Rofus was literally one of the best new editions to street fighter. Akuma isnt over-rated he is under powered for skilled use. El Fuerto does suck but I never even brought him up. Sakura is superior to Karin and Nacali's transformation is just another SSJ ripoff. Let's be honest here; I'm a die hard SF fan so if this game wasnt a piece o shit I wouldnt have said it. They even made Bison terrible and where the fuck is SAGAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhm...Guile IS announced as a DLC, alongside Alex, Ibuki, Balrog, Urine and Juri.

And while I did like Rufus, I really didn't like him enough to actually miss him.

And Akuma is overrated in the sense that he appearantly has to appear in everything (he even appeared in Tekken 7 before Ryu did).

And how is Karin, master of rekkas, inferior to Sakura, who is simply Rule 63 Ryu in a school outfit?

And Necalli is not an SSJ ripoff, but a Pillar Man. Do you even JoJo?

Also, M. Bison in SFV is pretty much the BEST incarnation of M.Bison ever. And Sagat pretty much lost relevance a long time ago...