[Gen7] Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon discussion thread

Galvatron

2 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

It's like a weird cross between Diancie, Klink, Genesect and a Poké Ball.

The red and blue thing in its chest would still imply X and Y. I mean, if they can add new formes to Pokémon in a third title and new Megas in a remake, surely they can add a brand new Pokémon.

You might have something there Matt..

Also it looks like its going to be a Fairy/Metal type. considering it looks like a Robot-version of Diancie. :-P

2 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

We Gen 7 people. Rip Z hype.

Yeah that cool.. but I not so hype about it like I used to be which is why im going to retire and stop at gen 6 with the original game series. its been fun :goodmood:

21 hours ago, Galvatron said:

You might have something there Matt..

Also it looks like its going to be a Fairy/Metal type. considering it looks like a Robot-version of Diancie. :-P

Yeah that cool.. but I not so hype about it like I used to be which is why im going to retire and stop at gen 6 with the original game series. its been fun :goodmood:

I'll, for one, keep buying these games.

Also, I refuse to believe this is Gen 7 until I see actual proof instead of blind speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I heard about this title on one of the youtube channels out there. I've lost interest in the newer stuff many years ago. I occasionally just check out the new pokemon designs but I'm hardly interested in their new 3d stuff and random features that just over-saturate the game with stuff it doesn't need. Pokemon breeding is just terrible IMO.

I might be interested in this if it was maybe in the old style of games again like fire red or emerald green or whatever. To me that was pokemon perfected!

it be great if somehow they combined the traditional stuff with what Alexi and ryon did in terms of combat, but just when performing an attack. That would be a nice touch. Little improvements like that.

though I'm expecting the same 3d junk as before which i'm not at all fond of.

Also; DAMN! How many more are they gonna add now?! what are we at? 700 pokemon now? Where are we going with this? 1,000+ ?!

They outta reduce some stuff that didn't work and keep the stuff that does and people wanna play as well as mixing in some new good ideas.

Also they should do a create your own character feature, just simple stuff like choosing your shirt color, mustahce, skin color, just a little bs to make it more immersive where not everyone has to play as trainer Red or whatever the generic guy and chick are.

Also the regions were designed after real world places so I wonder what the new region is going to be? It be cool if they did Australia or African Congo or something like that where it would be very pokemon wild for sure.

Oh wait this is called moon and sun? I guess we're getting a space station..... :P

Well if it is TRULY a new generation, here's somethings I'd like to see:

-Higher difficulty for more experienced players; something like Black 2/White 2 had, but is able to be accessed at the beginning of the game

-Outfit and Hair shops; I liked this feature in X/Y, but I feel like more choices could've been added (like actually WEARING the glasses)

-100-man battle; I never played Colosseum before, but I've watched videos of it and I feel if your wanting to grind for levels, this would be a great way to do so.

-Pokemon follow you; This feature REALLY needs to return, HeartGold/SoulSilver did it some MAJOR justice, but I'd be curious how the 3D games would stack with it

Well than what's the point of Zygarde in the xy storyline? 

Also they revealed other forms of Zygarde so Pokemon Z could still happen before Sun and Moon

Also the titles sound lazy, first of all we saw 2 Pokemon resembling the sun and moon. They were Solrock and Lunatone so what other legendary Pokemon could represent sun and moon?

Finally I have to say the colors are getting really repetitive

Gen 1 Red and Blue

Gen 2 Gold and Silver

Gen 3 Ruby and Sapphire (Red and Blue colors)

Gen 4 Diamond and Pearl (Blue and Purple)

Gen 5 Black and White

Gen 6 X and Y (Blue and Red)

and now 

Gen 7 Sun and Moon (Red and Blue again)

Red and Blue has been used  4/7 generations and they're gonna use it. Also Green in Emerald and green in Z so the main color scheme is always red and blue and occasionally green

So I'm not really hyped up on they're decisions

2 hours ago, Starmie said:

Well than what's the point of Zygarde in the xy storyline? 

Also they revealed other forms of Zygarde so Pokemon Z could still happen before Sun and Moon

Also the titles sound lazy, first of all we saw 2 Pokemon resembling the sun and moon. They were Solrock and Lunatone so what other legendary Pokemon could represent sun and moon?

Finally I have to say the colors are getting really repetitive

Gen 1 Red and Blue

Gen 2 Gold and Silver

Gen 3 Ruby and Sapphire (Red and Blue colors)

Gen 4 Diamond and Pearl (Blue and Purple)

Gen 5 Black and White

Gen 6 X and Y (Blue and Red)

and now 

Gen 7 Sun and Moon (Red and Blue again)

Red and Blue has been used  4/7 generations and they're gonna use it. Also Green in Emerald and green in Z so the main color scheme is always red and blue and occasionally green

So I'm not really hyped up on they're decisions

Well the color thing is just a version difference of accessible pokemon, souly created for pokemon trading.

But yeah i get that they could choose different colors but in the end of the day it's going to be the same game pretty much.

4 hours ago, MugoUrth said:

I'm still not convinced this is gen 7 yet. For all we know, they're just giving us two Gen 6 update games like they did in Gen 5.

you mean like black 2 and white 2?

Well I haven't played those but those seem like updates considering the titles are the same basically. This however is Sun and Moon. Totally different i think? It's likely something new and not an update if i had to guess?

4 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

I just hope that Sun & Moon will finally kiss the Mega Evolutions goodbye.

I like the Mega Evolutions.

34 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

So yeah, it's Gen VII.

This also means you'll need Bank to transfer stuff from X/Y/OR/AS over to them.

...I guess that's it.

I can't believe they're skipping Z without releasing that final legendary. All I know is that I'll probably buy this, especially if the game FINALLY brings back Battle Frontier and has a villain that's NOT a generic misanthrope stereotype.

1 hour ago, GarchompMatt said:

Ah! so it seems...

well looks like my pokemon days are numbered time for me to retire. don't get me wrong i will still play pokemon (because I like rpg games) but only between gen 1-6. I won't go any further in the series from this point on. I also like the fact you can store pokemon in the bank from the classic gen 1 games on the virtual console 3ds according to the direct.

Man! 20 years been fun can't believe the series lasted this long.  :goodmood:

Oh and for folks who didn't see the Direct:

Nintendo Pokemon Direct 2016

45 minutes ago, MugoUrth said:

FINALLY brings back Battle Frontier

Silly Mugo, that stuff is 'too hard' for the audience Game Freak are apparently trying to target, hence why it's been absent since Gen IV and didn't return in OR/AS. Game Freak failed to realise that people don't dislike the Battle Frontier because it's 'hard', but because the A.I. blatantly cheats.

And yes, I did like me some Battle Arcade back in Gen IV.

40 minutes ago, AxSeeker said:

mega evolutions blow, most of the designs are ugly and it's like freakin digimon now. Bleh!

The concept of a temporary power boost is not something Digimon invented. 'Mega' is arguably the most appropriate word to describe them, even if it was kinda used by Digimon prior.

Ultra Rayquaza?
Super Garchomp?

Incredible Ampharos?

Ultimate Charizard X?

None of them fit quite as well as 'Mega' does.

I'm not a huge fan of Megas, especially when they gave birth to such monstrosities as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gengar and Mega Rayquaza, but I am quite fond of Mega Ampharos and Mega Garchomp though, neither of which are considered 'OP' (the latter of which is actually considered inferior to its base form).

11 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Silly Mugo, that stuff is 'too hard' for the audience Game Freak are apparently trying to target, hence why it's been absent since Gen IV and didn't return in OR/AS. Game Freak failed to realise that people don't dislike the Battle Frontier because it's 'hard', but because the A.I. blatantly cheats.

And yes, I did like me some Battle Arcade back in Gen IV.

The concept of a temporary power boost is not something Digimon invented. 'Mega' is arguably the most appropriate word to describe them, even if it was kinda used by Digimon prior.

Ultra Rayquaza?
Super Garchomp?

Incredible Ampharos?

Ultimate Charizard X?

None of them fit quite as well as 'Mega' does.

I'm not a huge fan of Megas, especially when they gave birth to such monstrosities as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gengar and Mega Rayquaza, but I am quite fond of Mega Ampharos and Mega Garchomp though, neither of which are considered 'OP' (the latter of which is actually considered inferior to its base form).

I actually like Mega Kangaskhan because I thought it was nice to FINALLY see an underrated Pokemon get a boost when the OU is dominated by Pokemon I find to be HUGELY overrated, like, I'm sorry to say this Matt, but... Garchomp. I see so many skinny Pokemon or legendaries in OU or higher, and it's kind of nice to see more stocky ones like Kangaskhan and Clefable in OU.

11 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Ah! so it seems...

well looks like my pokemon days are numbered time for me to retire. don't get me wrong i will still play pokemon (because I like rpg games) but only between gen 1-6. I won't go any further in the series from this point on. I also like the fact you can store pokemon in the bank from the classic gen 1 games on the virtual console 3ds according to the direct.

I also feel kind of sad when people say stuff like this. Why retire just because there's a new gen? If the games are still fun, why stop buying them?

Just now, MugoUrth said:

when the OU is dominated by Pokemon I find to be HUGELY overrated, like, I'm sorry to say this Matt, but... Garchomp.

You're allowed an opinion. No need to say sorry for it.

1 minute ago, MugoUrth said:

I also feel kind of sad when people say stuff like this. Why retire just because there's a new gen? If the games are still fun, why stop buying them?

Because they're eating him out of house and home into his wallet, most likely.

1 hour ago, MugoUrth said:

1 hour ago, GarchompMatt said:

Because they're eating him out of house and home into his wallet, most likely.

LOL! XD  Oh Man!  Matt

Nah!.. its not about the money issues or anything like that (considering i have a good job and independent) it just after awhile playing some game series its starts getting old to me plus it gets to the point in your life you have to let it be. same goes with:

Mario series (I stop after 'Mario Galaxy')

Final Fantasy series (I stop after FF12)

Tales series (I stop after 'Abyss')

Street fighter (I stop after SF4)

Even though I will still have my opinions about the new/latest addition to these series  but I won't be going any further in playing them considering I can always play the games again that i already own. (Im more of a classic/retro type dude anyways)

You can say thats how things goes when you start getting old in life :goodmood: