[Gen7] Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon discussion thread

Galvatron

solgaleophase.pnglunalaphase.png

As if Primal Groudon wasn't enough, they went ahead and gave Solgaleo and Lunala their own equivalent of Primals (Raidant Sun phase and Full Moon phase, respectively).

If the power creeps keep up, we're gonna have base form Mewtwo roaming around in OU before you know it.

1 minute ago, Ricepigeon said:

solgaleophase.pnglunalaphase.png

As if Primal Groudon wasn't enough, they went ahead and gave Solgaleo and Lunala their own equivalent of Primals (Raidant Sun phase and Full Moon phase, respectively)

Why im not surprise.. considering the typing they have in their normal forms...:-P

2 minutes ago, Ricepigeon said:

If the power creeps keep up, we're gonna have base form Mewtwo roaming around in OU before you know it.

You can say that again...:-P

I guess since the arrival of Mega-Rayquaza we might as well have those type of pokemon in their own category. Hell might as well call them God-class pokemon...

1 hour ago, Ricepigeon said:

AG still sounds better if you ask me.

I agree with ya on that..

battle_royalle_in_pokemon_sun_e_moon_by_

LOL! Well thats not far.  All one of them has to do is earthquake and done deal.....

The way i see this battle mode it going to be essential to have your pokemon learn 'protect' so at least you won't be the one to get slaughtered.. :-P

I still wanna try Battle Royal. I'm surprised that they didn't go over the Pokemon Bank details for Pokemon Sun and Moon. I mean, I understand it's pretty basic, but why are we allowed to transfer Pokemon from R/B/Y to Sun/Moon and not X/Y/OR/AS? Not that I mind, just curious.

14 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

I still wanna try Battle Royal. I'm surprised that they didn't go over the Pokemon Bank details for Pokemon Sun and Moon. I mean, I understand it's pretty basic, but why are we allowed to transfer Pokemon from R/B/Y to Sun/Moon and not X/Y/OR/AS? Not that I mind, just curious.

More likely you still be able to but for now until the games is release world-wide its not possible until they put update patches on all the current ones and the Pokemon Bank app itself.

Believe me it would be stupid for Nintendo/Gamefreak not to have people transfer pokemon from X/Y/OR/AS to the new games especially if we have to pay yearly services on it,. :-P

I don't like the battle royal. It really makes the pokemon combat look worse. They are all just standing around until one of them outlives the rest. They could get away with that in the old games but this 3D view really hurts the illusion. It's almost like that harden game for pokemon stadium, except it doesn't make sense because the pokemon aren't necessarily metapods and kakuna which are incapable of movement as far as i could tell.

They should add pokemon movement and aiming, give something new for the player to do while they wait for the attack animation to finish. Based on where you go could determine how much damage you avoid and how well you aim your attack could determine how much damage your attack will do. The stats like accuracy and speed could transfer into how easily your pokemon perform these functions.

It could almost operate like the mario party games. What a missed opportunity. :(

What I see now is kinda disappointing for me. The new royal battle thing is just a rehashed tag team from those gba games, except now you can attack your partner.

This game isn't doing it for me. I hope to see new advanced features hopefully in the next game like they did with Zelda snes to Zelda 64. A new game mechanic was introduced into that one such as the z-targeting; pokemon could totally do something similar in that regard.

I'll only be checking out this thread to see the new pokemon but even that hasn't gone well so far for me. I sorta like that woodpecker pokemon but I hate that they always over color it. They should have left that beak alone. Gen 1 pokemon were so simple and yet perfect pokemon examples of what they should always be.

Gen I Pokémon were simple because of the limited colour palette of the Game Boy and the fact that they couldn't really put intricate details on Pokémon due to the size of the sprites.

That's not to say all Pokémon have to use complicated designs, but just because Gen I didn't couldn't do it, doesn't mean later generations shouldn't either.

tJH0EHT.png

Nor does it mean Pokémon look bad for having intricate designs.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

Poison/Fire with the Corrosion ability, which allows it to Poison even Steel and Poison-types.
Looks and sounds like it's going to get someone up the butt.

I see Hmm.... thats interesting. I wonder does this ability also bypasses pokemon with Immunity ability as well?..  :-P

We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, the ability to hit Steel types with Toxic is a nice touch if it wasn't for the fact that it's already part Fire-type, but I guess being able to hit Heatran with Toxic is always nice considering just how good Heatran is.

11 hours ago, Ricepigeon said:

We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, the ability to hit Steel types with Toxic is a nice touch if it wasn't for the fact that it's already part Fire-type, but I guess being able to hit Heatran with Toxic is always nice considering just how good Heatran is.

Yeah that would give it a great advantage to it unless Heatran hits it with Earth Power..:-P

10 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

People seem to think it's limited to just types, so those who are immune to being Poisoned due to their ability aren't affected.

Indeed thats what I think so pokemon like Snorlax (with immunity) still won't have to worry about getting poisoned in battle..

4 hours ago, DarkWolf13 said:

A tombstone with Amoonguss' name on it is up for grabs in OU.

LOL! XD Yeah

but unfortunately its 4x weakness to ground moves..... Another easy pray for Garchomps... :-P

8 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

but unfortunately its 4x weakness to ground moves..... Another easy pray for Garchomps... :-P

As true as that seems to be, it's super strong against Fairy, Bug and Grass mons.

New Japan trailer:

This vid also shows a new way for trainers to empower their pokemon's attacks:

Spoiler

sun_and_moon_possible_burst_evolution_co

(it looks like the trainers are posing or doing some sort of dances to unleash thier pokemon powers...... weird.. :-P )

Also some leaks from Coro coro:

cute_but_dangerous_by_artmaster22-da9uhm

It appears we have 2 more new pokemon:

Kiteruguma (normal/fighting type) abilities: Fluffy , Klutz

Mimistukyu [some sort of fake pikachu?] (Ghost/fairy) Ability: False colors

• 1 month later...