[3DS] Project X Zone 2: Brave New World

gui0007

New video

Confirmed units

Rival

- Vile mk-II from Megaman X series

- Ton Pooh from Strider (Mugshot of her was shown as Strider Hiryu was speaking with Solo)

- Shturm from Captain Commando (I knew he'll be in because Shturm Jr & Druk were confirmed long ago)

Looks like Carol (and maybe Brenda), are not the only Captain Commando pushover enemies. Wooky & Eddy too. It appears neither Shturm Jr, Shturm nor Druk have Special attacks so it looks like they're like Necron & Omicon.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/146043-project-x-zone-2/72730032

it looks like there's a very high chance we'll have the same content as the Japanese version of the game. I love the opening song for this game and I hope it's for the English version too.

Oh, mistake... MOST of the same content as the Japanese version to be exact.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/146043-project-x-zone-2/72730032

it looks like there's a very high chance we'll have the same content as the Japanese version of the game. I love the opening song for this game and I hope it's for the English version too.

Oh, mistake... MOST of the same content as the Japanese version to be exact.

I just died a little inside.... posting a link to shitfaqs/trollfaqs

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Hatcher? Did everyone forgot that he exists?!Also, I'd rather have absolutely no playable characters than playable Sonic.

...But Billy's human. I was kind of asking what NON-Humans (In other words: cannot even LOOK like a human, has to be COMPLETELY non-human in actuality and appearance, like from Darkstalkers Sasquatch would be non human, John Talbain would have a non-human form, but Morrigan would still be human due to her overall human appearance.) would work.

Also, Sonic haters make me sad. Not because I'm a huge fan, but because it drowns the internet and I have a hard time avoiding it because I see it everywhere.

...But Billy's human. I was kind of asking what NON-Humans (In other words: cannot even LOOK like a human, has to be COMPLETELY non-human in actuality and appearance, like from Darkstalkers Sasquatch would be non human, John Talbain would have a non-human form, but Morrigan would still be human due to her overall human appearance.) would work.
Also, Sonic haters make me sad. Not because I'm a huge fan, but because it drowns the internet and I have a hard time avoiding it because I see it everywhere.

Oh, right. Billy's not an animal...forgot that.

Okay, new idea: That werewolf guy from Altered Beast! Would be pretty bad-ass to have someone who can transform into many (mythological!) animals at will...
He could then also possibly team up with Gillius Thunderhead from Golden Axe, because both Golden Axe and Altered Beast play in the same universe.

Also, I'm not as much of a Sonic hater as I am a hater of the Sonic fanbase (because they are obnoxious and ungrateful and just in general behave much worse than SJWs).
And I think that Sonic could possibly steal the spotlight of the other Sega characters, who really REALLY need that spotlight.
And Sonic would stick out like a sore thumb.

You know what furries PxZ2 really needs? Klonoa and Guntz! Do it, Namco!

Sorry, but if that's the character list, then I'm not buying the game. I'm sick of having "Humans are the absolute good" shoved down my throat. I'll stick with Namco X Capcom. That game actually HAS non-human playables.

Side Note: I don't think I've seen you here for a while Laharl. Welcome back. :)

Okay, new idea: That werewolf guy from Altered Beast! 

He's part of Ulala's attack in this game. 

Shame we only have 19 units available this games but SHIT!!! 42 Bosses!? And some of them don't even have a Special, such as the Shturm Trio, Solo, Vector.

I'm sort of miffed that Aya-me and Ciseaux are back... after they were killed in PxZ1.

Well... might as well put this into spoilers.

Differences from Project X Zone 1

• Cross Hits are harder to land and can end if the unit's attack launches the enemy up high or at the wall. However, XP gain rate's extremely fast when doing a Cross Hit.
  • Unlike the first game, you can go beyond 100% XP without the use of Cross Hits. Solo and Support units also give XP when attacking, whereas in the first game where they give XP if they're doing a Cross Hit or landed a Critical.
  • You can choose to Counter, Defend or Full Defend a Boss' special, since it appears Bosses are stronger than before. It costs 50 XP to Full Defend but thanks to the availability to exceed 100 and having a rapid XP rate, it's a given in my opinion. Find the best time to Full Defend a Boss' Special and watch yourself get beaten up and see nothing but 0's fall from your body.
  • It is possible to inflict status ailments on units during Counter.
  • A stunned unit takes extra damage and can be stacked with Criticals, making Boss units easier to defeat if they're inflicted with Stun. Also take note, a stunned unit CANNOT do anything for 2 turns on the map. Allow yourself time to wipe out weaker enemies the first turn the stunned unit skips.
  • SP gauge is introduced and is used for Skills, Counter and Defend. This is not shared by all. Every Unit have their own SP gauge. That applies to enemies too so if an enemy used up their SP gauge, they can't Counter and a Boss with a depleted SP bar can only Counter with a Special/Multi.
  • Money returns (in Gold) and CP is introduced. You can use Gold to buy items and gear between every chapter after the Prologues. CP is used to power up your units. You still can't grind as the Game Over screen returns you to the main menu.
  • There are 2 ways of reviving a KO'd unit. (1) The PxZ1 way, get next to the defeated unit and use XP to revive them. (2) NEW: There's an item in the shop that revives a KO'd unit without using the current units turn.
  • Only 3 attacks can be used a turn but moves not used will be powered up for the next turn. It is wise to use only one move 3 times on easy enemies. Save the charged move for Bosses or units with high HP or block.
  • Bosses are able to Counter with a Multi-Attack instead of a Special.
  • On the lower screen, it shows a list of attacks and there are 4 symbols you may see next to an attack and letter, determining the power of the attack. Poison, Down, Stun and a 4th unnamed symbol may be shown. I believe the 4th symbol indicates the move deals extremely heavy shield damage, possibly destroying the enemy's shield instantly. Phoenix & Maya, Chris & Jill are certain units who have a 4th symbol in their moves. Don't hesitate to start with that move if an enemy has block on.
  • Hazards are introduced however units are left with 1 HP if the damage done on the map from the hazard is above the current HP.
  • You can do a Mirage Cancel by pressing the B button while attacking and let your enemy slowly fall, allowing you to get a 4th attack and get a easy critical but at the cost of 100 XP. You only regain some of it back(or maybe none) once you attack. It is not recommended if you know how to time your criticals well.
  • Juggling an enemy in the air is more difficult. More hits on a KO'd enemy means more money. Time your attacks carefully.
  • Certain enemies inflict a status ailment and/or return the damage you inflicted right back at you. Certain gear allows you to return the same damage received back at your enemies, also making Bosses easier to defeat if they used a Special/Multi on the unit with that gear.
  • If I can understand what the game was saying after the end credits, Gold, CP and items (like the first one) are carried over to the NG+ I think. And UNLIKE PxZ1, you can choose to play NG+ on Hard Mode OR Normal Mode. If CP & Gold are carried over... if you're a PxZ expert, treat yourself to grind for all the CP & Gold you can get and maximize your units.

Finalized Roster:

Paired

• Reiji & Xiaomu from Namco X Capcom
  • Chris & Jill from Resident Evil
  • Sakura & Gemini from Sakura Wars
  • Ichiro & Erica from Sakura Wars
  • Chun-Li & Xiaoyu from Street Fighter & Tekken
  • Yuri & Flynn from Tales of Vesperia
  • Kiryu & Majima from Yakuza
  • Strider Hiryu & Hotsuma from Strider & Shinobi
  • Jin & Kazuya from Tekken
  • X & Zero from the Megaman X Series
  • Ryu & Ken* from Street Fighter
  • KOS-MOS & Fiora from Xenosaga & Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Demitri & Morrigan from Darkstalkers
  • Ciel & Nana from God Eater 2
  • Kite & Haseo from the .hack series
  • Akira & Kage-Maru from Virtua Fighter
  • Dante & Vergil from Devil May Cry
  • Zephyr & Vashyron from Resonance of Fate
  • Chrom & Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening

*- Ken becomes a Rival Unit at some point in the game. During that time the unit will be unplayable.

Solo

• Valkyrie from The Adventures of Valkyrie
  • Captain Commando from the game of the same name
  • Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue
  • Segata Sanshiro** from the series of the same name
  • Estelle** from Tales of Vesperia
  • Hibana from Nightshade
  • Natsu from Soul Calibur 5
  • Pai from Virtua Fighter
  • Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Evolution/Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
  • Axel from Streets of Rage
  • Leanne from Resonance of Fate
  • Heihachi from Tekken
  • Felicia from Darkstalkers
  • Aty from Summon Night
  • June from Star Gladiator
  • Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey from Ace Attorney
  • Ulala from Space Channel 5
  • Alisa from God Eater
  • Leon from Resident Evil

**- Estelle and Segata start as a Rival Unit. They join later on.

Rival/Bosses

• Saya from Namco X Capcom
  • Dokugozu from Namco X Capcom
  • Dokumezu from Namco X Capcom
  • Ustanak*** from Resident Evil
  • Nemesis T-Type from Resident Evil
  • B. B. Hood from Darkstalkers
  • Pyron from Darkstalkers
  • Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers
  • Juri from Street Fighter
  • M. Bison from Street Fighter
  • Vajra from God Eater
  • Marduk from God Eater 2
  • Ton Pooh from Strider
  • Solo*** from Strider
  • Kurohagane*** from Nightshade
  • Shturm Jr.*** from Captain Commando
  • Shturm*** from Captain Commando
  • Druk*** from Captain Commando
  • Kamuz from The Adventures of Valkyrie
  • Zagi from Tales of Vesperia
  • T-elos from Xenosaga
  • Nelo Angelo from Devil May Cry
  • Sigma from the Megaman X Series
  • Vile MK-2 from the Megaman X Series
  • Unknown from Tekken
  • Dural from Virtua Fighter
  • Break from Streets of Rage 3
  • Coco ★ Tapioca from Space Channel 5
  • Shadow from Space Channel 5 pt 2
  • Aya-me from Sakura Wars
  • Ciseaux/Prelude from Sakura Wars 3
  • Ranmaru from Sakura Wars 5
  • Dokurobou from Sakura Wars 5
  • Metal Face (Mumkhar) from Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Skeith from the .hack series
  • Sheath
  • Nine-Nine (With Sheath)
  • Byakushin (Final Boss)

***- The Units DO NOT have a Special/Multi at all.

Non-Playable Characters/Event Only

• Tiki from Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Aura from the .hack series
  • Sylphie from Forgotten Worlds (Shopkeeper)
  • Miyuki-Chan from Ordyne (Shopkeeper)
  • Ada Wong from Resident Evil
  • Cardinal Garigliano from Resonance of Fate
  • Miles Edgeworth from Ace Attorney
  • Tarosuke from Shadow Land
  • Otohime from Shadow Land
  • Chizuru Urashima

WHOO..!! Man, took me a while for this to work.

This is a GIANT Spoiler. I'm warning you! DO NOT click this if you don't want to be spoiled to the max.

Status of the Rival Units before the Final Battle

• Saya: Dead
  • Sheath: Dead
  • Dokugozu: Dead
  • Dokumezu: Dead
  • Ustanak: Dead
  • Nemesis T-Type: Dead
  • Skeith: Destroyed & Deleted
  • Azure Kite: Alive
  • Druk: Dead
  • Shturm: Dead
  • Shturm Jr.: Dead
  • B. B. Hood: Alive
  • Pyron: Dead
  • Lord Raptor: Dead (Yes... that dead. Not undead. He actually dies)
  • Nelo Angelo: Returned to the past
  • Vajra: Dead
  • Marduk: Dead
  • Sigma: Dead
  • Vile MK-2: Dead
  • Kurohagane: Destroyed
  • Dokurobou: Dead
  • Aya-me: Dead
  • Ciseaux: Dead
  • Ranmaru: Dead
  • Shadow: Alive (In his game of origin, his true identity is Jaguar, who became Shadow during his brainwashed state)
  • Coco * Tapioca: Destroyed
  • Black Hayato: Alive
  • Juri: Alive
  • M. Bison: Dead
  • Break: Destroyed
  • Solo: Destroyed
  • Ton Pooh: Dead
  • Zagi: Disappears (Status unknown until an English version of his convo after his final defeat. He died in his canon though.)
  • Unknown: Dead (Did she really die in her canon?)
  • Kamuz: Dead
  • Dural: Destroyed
  • Metal Face (Mumkhar): Dead
  • T-elos: Alive (Didn't she die in her canon and became one in KOS-MOS?)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got the game yesterday and I'm already at Chapter 14. I really enjoy the mechanics of this game. Also, it says that this game did really well, receiving mostly positive views from critics. It scored 78/100 from Metacritic and 4/5 from HardcoreGamer.

It also stated in an interview that Kensuke Tsukanaka would like to continue with the series. I'd say he should go for it!  I would love to see him make Project X Zone 3 if he gets enough demands from fans.

37 minutes ago, DarkWolf13 said:

I just got the game yesterday and I'm already at Chapter 14. I really enjoy the mechanics of this game. Also, it says that this game did really well, receiving mostly positive views from critics. It scored 78/100 from Metacritic and 4/5 from HardcoreGamer.

It also stated in an interview that Kensuke Tsukanaka would like to continue with the series. I'd say he should go for it!  I would love to see him make Project X Zone 3 if he gets enough demands from fans.

That sound Cool! i might as well get it since I played the first one. :goodmood:

..Soo a PxZ 3 might be possible Eh!? Well since they put FE characters in this one I hope they add more of them and acouple other Nintendo characters (either Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Or F-zero) in the next installment to keep the hype up.