Kensou-ROTD by Ryo2005 released {6/28/14}

Mr. KOtik

Do you really want that character?

After all, it's one of those ROTD chars by Ryo2005, and they are infamous for their lack of quality.

Dude....Ryo2005 is one of my favorite creators. Characters. Stages. I owe yim alot. A lot of the stages I dropped and recieved so much praise for(particularly my superjump conversions) use parts of or all of his stages. You keep right on listening to those accuracy whores at *insert lame forum*, that's your call bro. No offense, really. I can see where they coming from I guess, but ain't that serious.

Dude....Ryo2005 is one of my favorite creators. Characters. Stages. I owe yim alot. A lot of the stages I dropped and recieved so much praise for(particularly my superjump conversions) use parts of or all of his stages. You keep right on listening to those accuracy whores at *insert lame forum*, that's your call bro. No offense, really. I can see where they coming from I guess, but ain't that serious.

>> accuracy whores

I love you for your interesting description!  1+ to your reply!  :=D:

By the way, I like Ryo2005 and his MUGEN stuff too. :heeee:

>> accuracy whores

I love you for your interesting description!  1+ to your reply!  :=D:

By the way, I like Ryo2005 and his MUGEN stuff too. :heeee:

Absolutely :awesome

i actually love the rotd - kof love going on with these characters. never be afraid to try something new ...

That's exactly why I like them. His Heavy D is my all time favorite.

Actually, I got that information from MFG, and I also really hope that MFG is wrong, because I do want to give Ryo2005 a chance.

However, I also had no idea before, what was so bad about Kong's MvC characters until I have seen a video of them...it was just...wow.

So yeah, I'm not saying that Ryo2005 is a bad creator, but maybe, just maybe, ROTD is just not his thing at all.

I do find Ryo2005 chars very competent, but I just don't see a lot of reasons to download his ROTD versions over the SNK ones because they play too much alike.

ROTD was not just the groove, it had a lot of different systems that are not represented at all in his ROTD chars. I'm not saying they are bad, hell, they are very well made and hold water when compared to most SNK characters in general.

I would give his chars a higher rating if they atleast did 2 things from the ROTD series: A real tag system, and corrected their suppers to work like ROTD.

I get pretty sad that they don't have any support to Tag, even though there are numerous "ready to use" Tag add-ons for chars nowadays. The Tag Supers and Team Duplex are the big attraction on ROTD. And this being KOF conversions there's no reason to not have them for chars that are members of the same team.

Also, his chars have multiples DMs, when the big point of ROTD is having a single super move that compliments the playstyle with 2 levels. They are made to be played with doubles for they to compliment each other.

Since KOF lacked a Tag system for most of it's history, their design are more oriented at a full playstyle and their supers are used to cover their weaknesses, while the opposite is true for ROTD, they are thought to be 2 complimenting playstyles and one covers the weaknesses of the other. The way they are now they are just KOF characters with rush starters and different sparks.

They are good KOF characters, but not the best. If he atleast made them ROTD all the way through, I would be more than happy to say they are great. To me nowadays they are a little more than Meh.

Note: I use them in my mugen, but most of the time they are just placeholders for KOF characters who are too cheaps or crappy and need a realistic replacement.

Sidenote: Stop complaining about people who like accuracy. There're times they are right, there're times they are wrong. In this case they are obviously wrong, because being KOF accurate was never the intention, but when you get the thousands upon thousand of "XI" versions of KOF chars (That by the way, where on XI like a certain Kyo and a certain kensou) that have nothing to with XI, you get to atleast admit that it's misleading. I can safely say that almost allways, when someone puts a version moniker on the chars, it is almost granted that it will play like anything but it.

We have names for a reason, and it's to identify things. Like old man Yoda says: "A spark makes not KOF XI."

>> I can safely say that almost allways, when someone puts a version moniker on the chars, it is almost granted that it will play like anything but it.

So, do you finally now understand I put a "Custom" label to all of my new MUGEN stuff?  This is solely to prevent those "accuracy whores" (no matter which MUGEN forums they are from) from saying, "hey you released a XYZ but it is so inaccurate that you just ruined my favorite XYZ in MUGEN!  I am going to e-bully and e-haunt you every time you make a MUGEN release from now on!".

Why does one have to freak out like heck/no tomorrow when/every time he/she/it sees a MUGEN release that is only a bit inaccurate to the source game (i.e. Samurai Spirits/Showdown)?

>> I can safely say that almost allways, when someone puts a version moniker on the chars, it is almost granted that it will play like anything but it.

So, do you finally now understand I put a "Custom" label to all of my new MUGEN stuff?  This is solely to prevent those "accuracy whores" (no matter which MUGEN forums they are from) from saying, "hey you released a XYZ but it is so inaccurate that you just ruined my favorite XYZ in MUGEN!  I am going to e-bully and e-haunt you every time you make a MUGEN release from now on!".

Why does one have to freak out like heck/no tomorrow when/every time he/she/it sees a MUGEN release that is only a bit inaccurate to the source game (i.e. Samurai Spirits/Showdown)?

EXACTLY! I have never in my whole time in mugen made a accurate character. They have always been custom. 

But I do think that having people make some accurate versions of some characters is good, I myself do not make them because I like to make newer things to a character to bring some freshness to it and spice things up.

Just like some games for example SNK likes to change their characters movesets around when a new game is made, then why cant others?. 

My thing is this, if people want something to be exactly how something was in a source game  that bad to the point where if they see somethin that isnt and they get all pissed even tho the character wasn't even in that game to even begin with, then why not just go find that game and just play it.

Mugen is not about being accurate all the time, its about infinite possibilities and having fun. And no matter how you think your making a character accurate it  will still and never will be, the same as what the original creators made in the source game.

Also, accurate or not once you put it in mugen with other characters who are also accurate but have a different gameplay style, the value of it being accurate goes down the drain because now everything in your mugen is unbalanced because the styles are so different. 

stop it for real this is getting old. your rants are getting annoying. STOP. STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM