Kensou-ROTD by Ryo2005 released {6/28/14}

Mr. KOtik

@Mod Laharl:

I admitted I did it again in my 1st paragraph, man I just couldn't control myself whenever I saw a fellow MUGEN author being scolded like that.....likewise those "accuracy whores" couldn't control themselves when they were complaining.............oh well...........if there are no more unreasonable MUGEN bashings towards all MUGEN authors/creators then nothing is going to trigger my "rantiful root"......yet it is for sure only happening in a MUGEN utopia where no more bashings and rantings are present.

But!

My 2nd paragraph is not about my old rants.  It is a debate about MUGEN source game accuracy vs MUGEN source game inaccuracy.  So I am continuing it here now.....

@Hale R@CE Caesar:  ironically I am an "accuracy whore" myself (I guess very few people noticed that).  I would like to make source game accurate MUGEN stuff yet I have no enough MUGEN authoring knowledge and skill.  I love both source game accurate MUGEN stuff, as well as cool custom MUGEN stuff.  I do admire those MUGEN authors (not creators) who are able to make source game accurate MUGEN stuff as much as I do with custom ones.  It is just some MUGEN people insist too much about MUGEN source game accuracy and ignore all the cool and fun customizations by some MUGEN authors (not creators).  If they are so good at the source game and MUGEN authoring knowledge and skill, then why don't they mugenize some perfect MUGEN versions themselves?  Ryo2005 commits a MUGEN crime by not specifying his MUGEN ROTD & KOF stuff as not so source game accurate?  Hale R@CE Caesar you are awesome with your MUGEN stuff and it fits all MUGEN gameplays very much.  This is the "MUGEN source game accuracy vs MUGEN source game inaccuracy" point I want to make (heck I can talk about this long-time MUGEN debate subject all days and nights......)

Bore, stop being so angry all the time. Almost every single post I see of you in the news section is a rant against accuracy. Those guys are not here anymore, they are gone. Even MFG is way more relient and punish those who start fights because of accuracy. But it's a 2 way street, be patient and hope for the best, because you can't want from other what you don't give yourself.

Remember, be more patient, it wont hurt.

Also, I said I'm not really into Ryo2005 stuff because he is not "custom enough". If it's too much like their KOF counterpart, I prefer the KOF version. When not aiming for accuracy, atleast throw a new spin to make it worth the time. Like the meat imp in your Kain, or the batshit insanity of your Omni.

And as I said, it's not bad to have accuracy if it's what is proposed, if not, atleast do something to shake things up enough. I remember DG's Ryu, if you ever played DG's Ryu, you will know what I'm talking about.

@berserkx33:

Hmmmmmmmm.........I am not angry I just feel sorry for Ryo2005 (ROTD, not KOF), ali (SS), Speedy9199 (BB) when some ROTD/SS/BB MUGEN dudes bash them every time a MUGEN release of the said MUGEN authors is out.  I admire Ryo2005/ali/Speedy9199 because they are actually trying.  Heck, do you know how much and what it takes for one to make source game accurate MUGEN stuff?  It can take a professional video game maker team to do so because MUGEN is not developed by Capcom/SNK/Sammy/ArcSys/Sega/....etc.  Everybody wants to be GM/Rajaa/9/Orbinaut (now Mr. I?)/匿名スマブラー/cafe/mouser/Devilpp/OMEGAPSYCHO/mass/Doggiedoo/Warusaki3/Kamekaze/Vans/OrochiKOF97 but very few has their godly MUGEN authoring skill so why expecting that much from those who are less MUGEN skillful?  It is not logical thus not reasonable.

Did I mention I am an "accuracy whore" myself?  The big difference is, whenever I see a source game inaccurate MUGEN release, I don't bother bashing towards the MUGEN authors (not creators).  I keep my little disappointment in my heart and refuse to express my complaint to the public because I don't want to hurt the source game inaccurate MUGEN authors (not creators).  Bashing breeds hatred everywhere, not just MUGEN.

@Trinitroyakata-sama:

No bashings; no rantings.

Why does one have to freak out like heck/no tomorrow when/every time he/she/it sees a MUGEN release that is only a bit inaccurate to the source game (i.e. Samurai Spirits/Showdown)?

why do you keep bringing up SamSho in these

No bad feelings, it's sometimes you get too carried away on those defenses. You need to look into the way you say things. Even the harshest of criticisms can be friendly if made in the correct tone.

It's something everyone should learn, that words mean things and the correct words can convey the message way better and reach more people's hearts.

Also:

Everybody wants to be GM/Rajaa/9/Orbinaut (now Mr. I?)/匿名スマブラー/cafe/mouser/Devilpp/OMEGAPSYCHO/mass/Doggiedoo/Warusaki3/Kamekaze/Vans/OrochiKOF97

WTF? Omega, Warusaki, Kamekaze, Rajaa and Mass are very notorious for doing custom chars, I will add Don Drago, Choujin, Kurai Naito (does anyone remember him other than me?) and Descolor to this list, as all of them make various changes that actually improve their characters with custom additions to work better with the Mugen crazy way of doing things.

OmegaPsycho, Warusaki, Kamekaze, Rajaa, Mass, Don Drago, Choujin, Kurai Naito and Descolor are all my favorite custom makers.

Where did you get this idea from

Kamekaze:

With the exceptions of his closed series, everything Kamekaze does is custom, His Kaze Groove series, his 3-in-1 series, his Original Series, his Nega Series, etc.

Also, most of his closed games have custom moveproperties, effects and variations, like his Project Justice, Sailor Moon and Yuyu Hakusho series. Hell not even the systems are emulated their games of origin, with Yuyu Hakushos DMs not consuming stamina.

Mass:

Have you ever played the source games of Mass chars or are you simply guessing? Like, 70% off his chars are based on games that are completely rubbish on the gameplay department, completely broken and most of the time with unreliable controls, and Mass not only makes them completely playeable, he makes them enjoyable. He does custom versions, but only of really bad source material.

If you only take into consideration his Daraku Tenshi, Rabbit, Groove on Fight, Dankuga and Golden Axe The Duel conversions, you may have it right, but most of the rest are corrected/improved over the source material.

Like his Miku, it not only plays nothing like Tao Taido, it actually have multiple custom modes, with various gameplay styles for you to choose.

Believe me, I've not only played them, I've wroten FAQs for some of them, because they where so obscure and rubbish that no one wanted to have this much effort.

I've played their source material (from bot Kamekaze and Mass) ostensively and can safely say that they are in no way "accurate", they are "custom improved".

@werewood JUST STOP what part of stop don't you get this has happened way to often and needs to stop. You have caused a disturbance quite a few times now and I am always there to tell you to STOP then you do it again. STOP don't act like the mugen community is out to get you, don't act like a white knight for no reason its done quit it.

Mass:

Have you ever played the source games of Mass chars or are you simply guessing? Like, 70% off his chars are based on games that are completely rubbish on the gameplay department, completely broken and most of the time with unreliable controls, and Mass not only makes them completely playeable, he makes them enjoyable. He does custom versions, but only of really bad source material.

If you only take into consideration his Daraku Tenshi, Rabbit, Groove on Fight, Dankuga and Golden Axe The Duel conversions, you may have it right, but most of the rest are corrected/improved over the source material.

Like his Miku, it not only plays nothing like Tao Taido, it actually have multiple custom modes, with various gameplay styles for you to choose.

Believe me, I've not only played them, I've wroten FAQs for some of them, because they where so obscure and rubbish that no one wanted to have this much effort.

The point of the first one flew by your skull so I'll address this one.

Mass implemented only 5 specials from Miku's source game because he knows that MUGEN characters are abnormal with a ton of specials  I don't recall any custom modes so what the hell are you talking about.

Boggy isn't based off of Dankuga, It's his Global Champion version.

Jackie Chan is pretty much source accurate, so is Hiryu. Also the games they're from aren't terrible.

In fact aside from custom supers they're as accurate as they come.

@werewood JUST STOP what part of stop don't you get this has happened way to often and needs to stop. You have caused a disturbance quite a few times now and I am always there to tell you to STOP then you do it again. STOP don't act like the mugen community is out to get you, don't act like a white knight for no reason its done quit it.

* reviewed and cleaned *

The point of the first one flew by your skull so I'll address this one.

Mass implemented only 5 specials from Miku's source game because he knows that MUGEN characters are abnormal with a ton of specials  I don't recall any custom modes so what the hell are you talking about.

Boggy isn't based off of Dankuga, It's his Global Champion version.

Jackie Chan is pretty much source accurate, so is Hiryu. Also the games they're from aren't terrible.

In fact aside from custom supers they're as accurate as they come.

Doens't having custom supers actually caracterise it as not source accurate? Accurate and custom are exclusives if I'm not mistaken. Also, most of them are not even accurate to their systems.

About Jackie Chan and Hiryu: I was only citing the ones I've got from the top of my head, not doing a complete list.

About Boggy: I refered to Dankuga as the series, I was not refereing to a single entry, I know the difference because Bobby's Drill Spin only goes off the ground in his EX Version in Kaise Knuckle/Global Champions version, while it goes off the ground in his strong version in Dan Ku Ga.

About Miku, I've mistaken his Miku with Cerenas's Miku, His Miku still plays nothing like Tao Taido. It was not because of the moves, it was because of the gameplay.

Also, for anyone looking for some custom fun, I forgot to add 3ha and Cerenas, both are great examples of going custom the extra mile.

Maybe you just disable my access to the News forum............this way I can no longer see posts that trigger my "rantiful root" :redcard:

WW and Laharl, could you two play a little nicer with each other?

I know you Laharl have a short temper for when things are wrong, and you Werewood speaks with too much hyperbole, but could you atleast play nicer with each other? This is not the place to start a fight please.

WW, please promise Laharl that you will try not to exagerate things, and Laharl, promise WW you will take a little lighter on the guy.

Laharl, I know he is a repeated offender (Being a forum admin myself I've been in this kind of sittuation), but getting angry will accomplish nothing but cementing his wrong idea of the comunity.

And you Werewood, remember that Laharl is not your enemy, he is not here to antagonise you, and as such, you need to respect his words as much as everyone else, all he wants is a better community for everyone. He may sound against you sometimes but it's just his way of saying things.

Remember what I said, words mean things, the internet is not the place to let nuance dictate the tone when we lack all the other tools that allows us to interpret the intentions of others. Control your thongs both of you.

Man, I felt like my mother right now.

I'm going to ask you not to tell me how to do my job, I understand what you are saying but the fact hes done this many many times is getting to be agrivating. also you double posted don't do that.

@werewood as much as that would solve things that sounds like a horrible solution when you could just like better yourself and actually listen.

Sorry for the double post, it's just that it was way too much outside of the subject to warrant an edit and I wrote the other one later.

If you will I will edit it.

But atleast take my advice and speak with WW on a more direct medium, a forum is not very good for this kind of conversation, a more personal medium will make the conversation flow better. I've had this kind of problem with people being passive agressive on a percieved problem and bugging everyone because of it. I was only able settle this by comunicating via PM on a civil maner.

I'm not asking you to simply let WW go unchallenged, I'm just saying that stressing out because of it is no worth it. Since you know WW for a longer time than me, you are probably the best suited for the job, being a mod and all.

Good luck with it and until next time.

Well. About the char, it's Ryo2005's normal fare, very well done but it's not the best Kensou, worth the download but it will not replace other Kensous and it isn't different enough to be an alternate version.

7/10

Nice job fueling err moderating the "discussion" as usual.

So anyways.  Another ROTD character.  Cause hey, some people like ROTD sounds, ROTD hit sparks, and those goofy body blows.  Given no better alternative, these sorts of characters aren't too bad once you "fix" all the ROTD stuff.  It's too difficult to remember that you're not actually a KOF character, otherwise.

Nice job fueling err moderating the "discussion" as usual.

So anyways.  Another ROTD character.  Cause hey, some people like ROTD sounds, ROTD hit sparks, and those goofy body blows.  Given no better alternative, these sorts of characters aren't too bad once you "fix" all the ROTD stuff.  It's too difficult to remember that you're not actually a KOF character, otherwise.

yeah no you don't get to jab at me like that when I am only doing my job. please stay out of it. I just want him to stop being so down on himself its why I have gotten on him multiple times. its a disruption and needs to quit.