Who do you look up to in the Mugen community?

Xan

1. Electrocaid -  Besides being one of the most level headed and humble people I've even seen in the Mugen Community, he's also managed to archive almost everything ever since people started putting their downloads online. He's pretty much the original collector, and no one's collection can/will ever come close to his. 

2. MugenLord -  He was one of the only Mugen video makers to actually show his face and not only do the generic Mugen fights. In my eyes he represented regular Mugen players as a whole. He actually engaged his viewers in what he spoke of. He promoted other people's Mugen videos, created challenges for his viewers, and gave news about whats currently going on in the mugen community. Unfortunately the Youtube Mugen community has either become much smaller or has gone silent.

3. To whoever spearheaded the warehousing movement(supposedly someone named WindEagle). The hate and drama caused by the close mindedness of anti-warehousing eventually died down over the years and thankfully today we can still obtain creations of creators who have been long gone from Mugen.

You didn't said Alp. :troll:

You're very observant. Alp knows he was my inpiration to really step my bgm game. My list is comprised of mostly stage creators. I admire Hero as an exception I guess. Brock has been in mugen longer than anyone I know. And Ryon is kinda what I aspire to be. Skilled in all aspects of mugen. Well...he's skilled in almost all aspects. I got him on bgm's. If I can combine his knowledge with mine I could be the greatest of all time. Opps...I've said took much...

Reu: His quote "Coding is fun! If Reu can code, so can you!" inspire me to create :cry2:

Vans, Koopakoot: They share their Kof Tutorials which motivate me

Ryon: Create Mugen video Tutorials

Pots, Cyanide, Rajaaboy etc for sharing their Mugen Tutorials

kmvegas: He is not a Mugen creator but he offer a very useful piece of advice which save me from creating my "dream" full Mugen game without any Mugen knowledge

Pots, Jmorphman, Divinewolf, Koopakoot, Vans, Rajaaboy, Reu, Warusaki3, H', GM, GDT, Chotto-Komaru, K.Y.Shanxi, Mouser, Kaz, mgmurrow, Bigeliking, Mysticblaze, xslaught, muteki, abuhachi, tightriam, iwakick, ikaruga, ahuron, ihoo1836, pp and Masa: for creating characters that I want

EXShadow, Typewild: For creating the stages that I want

Title says it all. Tell us about your Mugen heroes and why you like them and whatnot.

My MUGEN heros:

1. Elecbyte - without them, there is no such thing as MUGEN and all of its online presences and representations and discussions!

2. GM - I won't forget the countless days of waits for a legit MUGEN version of SFIII Gill, besides those password-protected

ones, fake April Fools' joke!

GM is my #1 MUGEN idol!  His beyond-humans MUGEN authoring skill is something that I can never match up with!

GM has inspired me to have an urge to try to mugenize bosses.  Of course my MUGEN authoring skill is light-years away

from his........

3. Cybaster - what a professional in everything about MUGEN! 

He also once allowed me to use his wise words for my old MUGEN motto!  he is also one of the very few

MUGEN Pro's who don't just recklessly bash me and my MUGEN stuff without giving me some useful advises.

As one ultimate MUGEN content basher, Cybaster has already showed some of his rare mercy to me.......

* Basara-kun is one of the mentioned very few MUGEN Pro's...........

4. Violin Ken/Corntortillas - who was interested in helping me improve my old SFIV Golden Seth

5. Orbinaut (now Mr. I?) - who was interested in helping me improve my old SFIV Juri Han and has created a new decent MUGEN

SFIV/SSFIV system

5.5 Any MUGEN authors who can mugenize source game accurate stuff and is willing to share with MUGEN fans

6. Ryon Big Boss Of MFFA - without his generosity, I am still a poor MUGEN orphan/refugee!  And I love Ryon's

Raging Akuma so much!  One of your favorite inspirations to me!

7. Toshio Tenma - who has long been giving me encouragement all the times, and recently has shown his awesome spriting skill

that I admire and envy very much!

8. ZombieBrock Shogun Of MFFA - thank you for your long time support, and recently have shown your awesome palettes skill

that I admire andenvy very much!

9. Staubhold - I cannot thank you more for your interest in my MUGEN stuff and your willingness to give me really useful

comments and advises!

10. Anyone else who is interested in my peculiar MUGEN stuff!

My MUGEN enemies (I am not a fan of name-dropping for bad things):

1. any MUGEN Pro who points out my MUGEN authoring issues yet refuses to accept my repair/fix, even I have already done

exactly what he suggests and even made a special custom patch for him, and he just keeps haunting me all the times

everywhere.

2. any MUGEN dude who asks me to stop MUGEN'ing

3. any MUGEN dude who has expert fighting game source knowledge and loves to complain about even the

slightest MUGEN source game inaccuracy like no tomorrow, at the same time not using his expert MUGEN

authoring skill to mugenize his "ideal version of MUGEN stuff" and his unwillingness to share with MUGEN fans

4. any MUGEN Pro/dude who thinks he is the best of the best in the East/West

5. any MUGEN Pro/dude who loves to e-bully and e-haunt MUGEN newbies and oldies

6. any MUGEN dude who lives in a different MUGEN forums' small/medium circles and is eager to shelter; to shield; to harbor;

to screen; to cover up each others' bad deeds

7. any MUGEN content bashers whose MUGEN life is all about trying to piss you off on purpose (in contrast to real professionals

like Cybaster and Basara-kun and a few more)

werewood for making a lot of fun boss characters to fight and bringing out a hardbody cyber shredder!!

warusaki 3 for making some fun cvs 2 original and edit characters

ahuron for making his creations and not giving a flying fuck what forums have to say about his stuff . just creating and keeping it moving.

kung fu man for his many great creations and taking time out hit to hit me up awhile back on ripping cps 3 stages and if it was possible, then boom csp 3 stages lol!!

demonkai for putting a lot of love and attention in his terry and i enjoyed that character from start to finish!!

gm for giving us GILL , motw terry and many more fun characters.

ryo2k5 for his rage of the dragon take on kof characters

exshadow for making my pc show its age lol

there's a few more but i don't want to make a book lol

||One creator showed me he turned into an asshole over the years that i looked up too so i wont mention him now||

but anyway...

Creators i looked up to for either their AI coding methods or just creative ideas period that motivated me to create:

Pots

Vyn

Reu

Syn

&

Aiduzzi 

People in the community that i respect how they move the community and support the mugen movement:

Cyanide (because hes all business about coding. you ask a question and he just answers. no BS)

Lando (positive energy and the birth of the CROM)

Theres others but those are the mains i looked up to as far as coding goes and moving and supporting the community

• 1 month later...

JudgeSpear. Without him, all we'd do is convert. He taught us to actually create, entertain, and balance. He shaped MUGEN in the eyes of the public. POTS, Warner, Basara-Kun, Ryon, Rikard, MASA, Melvannainchains, Lord Sinistro, Omegapsycho, and Choujin are all pretty inspirational too.

• 1 year later...

So many wonderful people, everyone who helped me, and befriended me, Galvatron, Spri, Dan, Gui, Fael, and some others. Elecbyte, and even HAL Laboratories inspired me, yes I made a lot of Kirby stages actually, Mapleao, the Nijikaku crew, Sanikti, I don't even know him, but he made someone I have always wanted to play as in Mugen, all those people who made the unique characters. Reu, EXShadow, MOTVN, Dissidia, Toaster, Ryoucchi, and a lot of other creators. And of course MFFA, Ryon and the staff, for being a really resourceful and wonderful site and community Thanks, you all helped me find stages & chars I thought were gone forever.

SyN has been my idol since he first started doing his interactive stuff back in the day. Kinda awesome I ended up meeting him, befriending him, and becoming staff.

Yzan because he's awesome and taught me how to code chars and blah blah blah been friends for years.

LaQuak, simply because despite being a cool dude/friend, his chars were interesting when they first came out because of how different he approached making them. His Yun definitely made noise in the beginning. Shame the AI got nerfed :c

HankVenture, imo the best stage maker who never did much because of his disdain for the engine. MOTVN's best stages wouldn't have been possible without him, period. He's also a chill ass motherfucker.

Waffles, awesome designer. too bad he couldnt get the time he needed to really shine in the community. Will always be the homie tho

ExShadow because i watched him grow from a boy into a god man. Been a good friend to me over the years too.

Teros, great friend and awesome stage maker. Shame he was forced into early retirement :(

JesusZilla because CVS2 (and finding faults in waru's stuff :< )

Warusaki3 because CVS2

Yamori for always updating his stuff when finding new bugs or just wanna make lilith more bae

Shinra358, coding genius and a cool dude to talk to in all honesty. Miss ya pal.

Fr33dom87, another awesome friend and definitely made a name for himself many years ago

POTS for being mugen god

Toaster for his love of obscurity and desire to be different from everyone else for the most part. Also a great friend.

BC, another awesome mofo who keeps disappearing then reappearing. Miss the good ol' MSN chats we had :<

I'm realizing I became friends with 90% of my idols. Also theres like another 20 on that list so imma stop here

Gene, you know BC contacted me a few weeks ago saying that he is gonna give mugen another try and get back into it full force.

2 days later he disappeared again. LOL.