Streey Fighter 4 Akuma release

vampiro83

I admit that MUGEN is made for 2D contents the best.  Ripping those "2.5D/3D sprites" from SF4 or SFxTK and using in MUGEN may not fit well. I like 2D pixel sprites more in fact.  And 2D pixel spriting is perhaps one of most difficult jobs in the world.  2.5D/3D modelling is perhaps easier, hence with some convenient tools, ripping those "2.5D/3D sprites" from SF4 or SFxTK can now be much more do-able.  Who doesn't want a 2D SF4 Seth/Oni/Abel/C.Viper/Hakan and SFxTK Paul/Jin/Ogre/Asuka/Nina in MUGEN?  This is how 2D pixel spriters like FeLo_Llop and chuchoryu get into MUGEN.

Long time ago, a MUGEN author DEMAN advised me, during my first-time SF4 Golden Seth mugenization, that if I were going to rip "2.5D/3D sprites" from SF4, I had to rip as many as possible, in order to make the animation look not-too-choppy in MUGEN.  That resulted in some 5000+ frames SFF files.  I think the effort is worth it as it looks at least a bit smoother in MUGEN (yet the character loading time increases very much and sometimes it makes MUGEN lag). Then it comes to MUGEN coding with those ripped "2.5D/3D sprites" from SF4 or SFxTK.  I don't find a big difference between working with 2D pixel sprites and those "2.5D/3D sprites", except for one thing:  since some 2.5/3D features can only happen in real source games, there are many adjustments to be taken care of when mugenizing.

Sprite swaps code works for KFMs only.  Every character and his/her/its features and moves are unique.  Even I half-ass everything when I mugenize things, I usually try to make every feature and move be able to give a minimal feel from the source game.  Of course I am not good at source accuracy.  Here I need to thank Cybaster & Violin Ken/Corntortillas/KoYoTae again, for helping me out during my first-time SF4 Golden Seth mugenization.

I'm a street fighter 4 fan and i'll stick to Borewood's and Mr. I's characters cause they are seal of quality, just saying.

I am not eligible to be compared to Orbinaut (now Mr. I?) as he is way better than me.  The seal of quality shall be given to him only. Like, without his help, my SSFIV Juri Han was a trash. 

In conclusion, those and these "2.5D/3D sprited MUGEN characters" from SF4 or SFxTK in my humble opinion, are used as a buffer shown in this: none of 2D sprites existing => "2.5D/3D sprited SF4 or SFxTK MUGEN characters available" as a buffer => someone working on 2D sprites (i.e. FeLo_Llop working on Rose and C.Viper, as well as chuchoryu working on Tekken ones) => "2D sprited SF4 or SFxTK MUGEN characters available" => say bye-bye to stuff in the buffer and keep the 2D ones

:areyoukidding: Daaaaaang! That kinda lag deserves its own Hyper BG Sprite! :angry1: INFINITY!

Yeah, past week i tried to make a Awesomewood's Juri vs Jose Cuervo's Juri and my PC frozes for near of two and a half hours. Not lying, in fact, that's the reason i can't do regular mugen matches with Orbiinaut chars, Oni and Omni X'D

u know AmazingWood  released a tester Beta of his Oni a little while back, its on here 

I never saw this, is there a link someone could provide for me kindly asking?

Yep. A beta Abel or a beta of his Asura-esque could be awesome, too :P

And Able to huh, that's awesome, he one of my top favorite new characters ...

@Punk Vilain (Ness):

>> I never saw this, is there a link someone could provide for me kindly asking?

Here my SSF4 MUGEN WIP topic: 

>> And Abel to huh, that's awesome, he one of my top favorite new characters ... You are one Abel player?  Then I shall ask you to help me out, same WIP hyperlink..........

And, things is getting really off-topic...........should go back to this SF4 Akuma discussion now.........