CustomOMKBeatriceWIP updated and released 20131006

Werewood

update to 2013-10-06:
- fixed the corner close Strong attack air juggle infinite
- made the Attack Touch partner (herself) come out faster
- now it takes even more hits to make Beatrice enter her dizzy state (advised by Bjay)
- removed some more portion of "Boomer's OMK characters only" compatibility
- made the Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers) firing faster
- tweaked the updated A.I.
- fixed some minor things.........

I think it is time to get her out of WIP now. 

Please visit my release topic here:

All new feedback please post in my release topic, not here anymore, thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first try to mugenize an OMK character....and I chose the Current Golden Witch, Beatrice.

Posted Image

For MUGEN 1.0 only.
  (Custom_OMK_Beatrice.def - localcoord = 640,480)
  (mugen.cfg - [Config] - GameWidth = 640 & GameHeight = 480)

More screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2013-10-03 update:

What I have edited (up to 2013-10-03):
- Boomer uses the P1 SP bar for the original Touch bar, now I switched it back to match that of the source game
- I have gotten YU-TOHARU's permission to use his OMK MUGEN Touch bar and partner SP bar, yet, fully making use of these only makes MUGEN1.0 slow down further, especially during the firing of the Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers), so, I gave up about that and added a mini version of the Touch bar and partner SP bar
  * please see the included Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_MUGEN_min_Touch_bar.png for a preview or here:

Posted Image

* the left one is showing available Touch chance

* the right one is showing unavailable/waiting Touch chance

- added the "what-the-heck" Halloween mocking sound whenever P1 (except Beatrice) gets thrown by Beatrice
- reduced the transparency of the Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers)
- reduced the volume of the firing of the Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers)
- fixed the PalFX that worked for all Beatrice's golden butterfly transformation before having used the FF3 MUGEN1.0 SFF palette group 1,2 for the alternative Touch partner color
- fixed the Normal Touch display text
- now it takes more hits to make Beatrice enter her dizzy state (advised by Bjay)
- removed transparency for the Seven Sisters/Stakes of Purgatory (advised by SXVector)
- added some more A.I. (now she is a bit more challenging than the previous update)
- fixed some minor things.........

WIP video 2013-09-28:

- without nico video account:

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21960506

- with nico video account:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21960506

* if for some reason you cannot see nico video, then please download the Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-10-03.mp4 from my SkyDrive -> Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series *

And, the private beta-testing period is over, now open to the public to beta-test:
download at my SkyDrive:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

->  Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series -> Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-10-03.zip

To-do list:
  1. bug fix/tweak when people report to me........

For MUGEN1.0 ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-09-28 update:

Not using Boomer's default button layout any more.

Now using this button layout:
x: Weak attack
y: Medium attack
z: Strong attack
a: Touch
b: Appeal
c: Meta shortcut

What I have updated (up to 2013-09-28):
- completed and cleaned the SND file
- completed and cleaned the SFF file
- opened a MFFA MUGEN WIP topic and posted WIP videos  (advised by Ryon)
- fixed the forward running steps sound (advised by Staubhold)
- removed the SP Supers shortcut button (advised by Bjay)
- being confused by Boomer's Challenge MUGEN code, then knew it is safe to remove (advised by SXVector)
- The Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers) slow down by too many Helpers improved by cutting numbers of Helpers from 36 to 2 (advised by SXVector)
- used Fighter Factory 3 MUGEN1.0 SFF with palette group 1 and index 2 for the alternate Touch player (same 2nd Beatrice player) (advised by SXVector)
- used Toshio Tenma's beta OMK Beatrice for a reference (advised by Toshio Tenma)

Posted Image

WIP video 2013-09-28:

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21924231

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21924231

* if for some reason you cannot see nico video, then please download the Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-09-28.mp4 from my SkyDrive -> Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series *

And, the private beta-testing period is over, now open to the public to beta-test:

->  Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series -> Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-09-28.zip

To-do list:
- while waiting for further user test result (thanks a bunch in advance), I will try to:
  1. watch more OMK Beatrice YouTube videos to get to know what she can do during matches so that I can work on her A.I. (for now her A.I. is really crappy)
  2. bug fix/tweak........

Thank you very much for your interest and time and considerable help!  Keep your cool feedback coming!

Plan A:  add Beatrice to Boomer's Lucifer and make them Touch-able like in the source game
After working on Plan A for a while.............found it was just too hard to an un-skillful me!
So.......then switch to Plan B.

Plan B:  edit Boomer's Battler to make a stand-alone Beatrice.

Still using Boomer's default button layout:
"x" - Weak attack
"a" - Medium attack
"y" - Strong attack
"start" - Appeal
"c" - Touch

For MUGEN 1.0 only.
  (Custom_OMK_Beatrice.def - localcoord = 640,480)
  (mugen.cfg - [Config] - GameWidth = 640 & GameHeight = 480)

What I have edited in my Plan B:
- added Beatrice sprites and her VFX (I think only a minor portion are missing..........)
- added some of Beatrice sounds (still working on the Custom_OMK_Beatrice.snd at the moment...)
- coded all Beatrice normals, specials, supers, metas, in my usual half-assing way :p
- removed a small portion of "Boomer's OMK characters only" compatibilty
- tried to complete Boomer's OMK Touch system, by Touching Beatrice herself, in MUGEN (again in my usual half-assing way :p)
  1. Normal Touch: when idle, command = "c"
  2. Attack Touch: when hitting P2, command = "c"
  3. Guard Touch:   when guarding, command = "c"
  4. Damage Touch: when getting hit, command = "c"
  5. Assault Touch:  when rushing to P2 and hit P2, command = "c"
  **** these Touches are glitchy and wonky ****

Some MUGEN technical issues I am facing:

1. The Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers), while I kind of managed to get it to work, it slows my MUGEN1.0 down very much!  I think there are too many helpers with AngleDraw, PalFX, and Trans in effect at the same time.......see if you can help me out about this!

2. Since this time I am using Fighter Factory 3 to make MUGEN1.0 SFF, no ACT files are needed.  But I don't have any idea about how to add the P2 palette (the blue Beatrice) to the SFF, so that when Beatrice does Touches two colors can be seen for a difference.

3. The Custom_OMK_Beatrice-Challenge.cns and some Challenge MUGEN code in the -2 and -3 CNS files......I really don't what the Challenge thing is all about....I understand other parts of Boomer's MUGEN code except this Challenge one....really challenging to me. :o

>> addressed and advised by SXVector already

Since I am not good at the source game as well as I suck at mugenizing accurate characters, I am sure I did something wrong and probably there are missing parts, so if anyone who knows OMK Beatrice and MUGEN authoring well, can then please help me pinpoint what more for me to do to make this Custom OMK Beatrice playable in MUGEN.........

I am kindly asking some certain MFFA members to beta-test this of my Custom OMK Beatrice WIP.

To-do list:
- while waiting for your test result (thanks a bunch in advance), I will try to:
  1. complete the SND file
  2. clean the SFF file
  3. watch more OMK Beatrice YouTube videos to get to know what she can do during matches so that I can work on her A.I. (for now her A.I. is really crappy)
  4. bug fix/tweak

5. improve by listening to beta-testers' advises (7-stake sister MUGEN transparency, HUD for HD resolution, FF3 palette adding,...etc. mentioned by SXVector)

I will try to make a video to show my try on completing Boomer's Touch System and to show the MUGEN technical issues I am facing, shortly after.

Ok here is the game play video I made and uploaded:

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21888040

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21888040

* if for some reason you cannot see nico video, then please download the Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-09-22.mp4 from my SkyDrive -> Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series *

Thank you for your interest in this of my MUGEN WIPs.

2013-09-22 Borewood

I thought about making Beatrice color separation, but I've gave up.

By the way, can you help me with these butterflies sprites?

My eyes are very bad with colors so I just use FF3 to avoid using ACT files but I have problem adding the 2P blue palette to her FF3 MUGEN1.0 SFF file.  SXVector just advised me to use group 1,1 (?)....well, will try it out.......

Did you get the PM I sent to you?  It has download link to my Custom OMK Beatrice beta.  Inside the SFF file you can take the golden butterfly sprites I added.  Or are you talking about other golden butterfly sprites that don't belong to Beatrice?

I just replied to you.

I've went in a hiatus with the OMK chars due my lack of knowedge and skill.

Just replied to your PM reply.

I don't know OMK much yet I feel like mugenizing one (I usually try to mugenize something I am not familiar with, except for Golden Axe The Duel Kain Blade).  I try OMK Beatrice all because Boomer has made some good MUGEN versions so that I can use his as a base.

And I think it is not about knowledge and skill it is all about passion just do whatever you like, since MUGEN allows total customization for making fun contents.

Hey you do have awesome unique skill that many don't have.  Look at your own Uran WIP.

Nice screenshots. Good luck with this, we believe in you!

As a Beatrice user in OMK seeing this makes me very happy. The 'custom' in the name sounds interesting too!

Out of curiousity, for her AI will you be making her like the OMK game AI, perfect AI, or just good/challenging AI?

Nice screenshots. Good luck with this, we believe in you!

As a Beatrice user in OMK seeing this makes me very happy. The 'custom' in the name sounds interesting too!

Out of curiousity, for her AI will you be making her like the OMK game AI, perfect AI, or just good/challenging AI?

You are a Beatrice user?  So you are good with her?  But my custom version is inaccurate as I don't know how to mugenize accurate stuff.  If you want to try out my Custom OMK Beatrice then please let me know.  Perhaps you can help me improve her as you know her much right?

A.I............sorry I don't know how to make perfect A.I...........all my MUGEN characters' A.I. is highly predictable..........

Question - for Beatrice videos, are there any specific things you're looking for? Combos, setups, etc.

You are a Beatrice user?  So you are good with her?  But my custom version is inaccurate as I don't know how to mugenize accurate stuff.  If you want to try out my Custom OMK Beatrice then please let me know.  Perhaps you can help me improve her as you know her much right?

A.I............sorry I don't know how to make perfect A.I...........all my MUGEN characters' A.I. is highly predictable..........

Yes, I consider myself to be; however, my coding knowledge is not the best. But if you want source accuracy, I think I can help you there.

For AI I think it's a good thing you're not making it perfect. Perfect gets stale if you can't really play against it. I wouldn't worry about AI for now, it's the one of the least important things.

I've fought her a couple of times, she is very challenging.

Yeah, her AI is a little dodgy - shoots projectile if you're far away, and uses anti-air if you jump straight in...that's her AI in a nutshell.

@Bjay & Staubhold: Please check your PM thank you!

for MUGEN 1.0 only.   (Custom_OMK_Beatrice.def - localcoord = 640,480)   (mugen.cfg - [Config] - GameWidth = 640 & GameHeight = 480) I haven't worked with other MUGEN setting yet......I will when after issues are fixed.

Ok here is the game play video I made and uploaded:

- without nico video account: http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21888040

- with nico video account: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21888040

* if for some reason you cannot see nico video, then please download the Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-09-22.mp4 from my SkyDrive -> Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series *

In the video, you see the "The Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers) makes MUGEN1.0 slow down" issue I am facing.  Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your interest in this of my WIPs.

this may have already been posted.

but when you specify a localcoord, mugen.cfg gamewidth and height do not matter.

basically once localcoord is in the character will scale properly regardless of resolution.

2013-09-28 update:

Not using Boomer's default button layout any more.

Now using this button layout:
x: Weak attack
y: Medium attack
z: Strong attack
a: Touch
b: Appeal
c: Meta shortcut

What I have updated (up to 2013-09-28):
- completed and cleaned the SND file
- completed and cleaned the SFF file
- opened a MFFA MUGEN WIP topic and posted WIP videos  (advised by Ryon)
- fixed the forward running steps sound (advised by Staubhold)
- removed the SP Supers shortcut button (advised by Bjay)
- being confused by Boomer's Challenge MUGEN code, then knew it is safe to remove (advised by SXVector)
- The Meta Super (Summon Twin Battle Towers) slow down by too many Helpers improved by cutting numbers of Helpers from 36 to 2 (advised by SXVector)
- used Fighter Factory 3 MUGEN1.0 SFF with palette group 1 and index 2 for the alternate Touch player (same 2nd Beatrice player) (advised by SXVector)
- used Toshio Tenma's beta OMK Beatrice for a reference (advised by Toshio Tenma)

Posted Image

WIP video 2013-09-28:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21924231

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21924231

* if for some reason you cannot see nico video, then please download the Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-09-28.mp4 from my SkyDrive -> Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series *

->  Custom MUGEN Characters WIPs -> MUGEN Characters 2000 Series -> Custom_OMK_Beatrice_WIP_by_Borewood_2013-09-28.zip

To-do list:
- while waiting for further user test result (thanks a bunch in advance), I will try to:
  1. watch more OMK Beatrice YouTube videos to get to know what she can do during matches so that I can work on her A.I. (for now her A.I. is really crappy)
  2. bug fix/tweak........

Thank you very much for your interest and time and considerable help!  Keep your cool feedback coming!

Why when you use the "tag move", she switches with herself with a different palette?

For now is good except that thing.

Please read Ougon Musou Kyoku-Touch - Mizuumi Wiki.mht which is included in the ZIP file.  Credit due to Mizuumi Wiki.

Tagging Beatrice herself because it is my Plan B, while my Plan A failed:

>> Plan A:  add Beatrice to Boomer's Lucifer and make them Touch-able like in the source game >> After working on Plan A for a while.............found it was just too hard to an un-skillful me! >> So.......then switch to Plan B. >> >> Plan B:  edit Boomer's Battler to make a stand-alone Beatrice.