[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

It is easy, it just requires a small free for 365/6 days worth of usage.

Bank/Transporter will be universal, so I assume newer generations will use this feature, but how will it work with Gen VI? Will X/Y/Z get patched to recognise Gen VII Pokémon? I'm thinking too much into this.

so, why now did game freak decide to be the asshole and make it so we can't get our previous gen pokemon an easier way?

Because

• They encountered technical limitations that prevented them from using direct DS to 3DS communications
  • Nintendo's financial situation is in deep shit, so they need all the pocket money for sports energy drinks or whatever that they can get

• Nintendo's financial situation is in deep shit, so they need all the pocket money for sports energy drinks or whatever that they can get

that was the only thing that made sense

since what they could have did was the same thing they did for gen 4 to gen 5 games(a shitty minigame)

but anyways, unless my bro lets me use his gen 4 and gen 5 game, i wont probably be able to see my shiny deoxys with sky uppercut in my pokemon x -.-

but anyways, unless my bro lets me use his gen 4 and gen 5 game, i wont probably be able to see my shiny deoxys with sky uppercut in my pokemon x -.-

Lol, I'm not so sure that thing'll pass the hack detection.

Let's not jump to a new generation yet... we just got Gen VI games in October... let's wait another year or 2 for Gen 7.

You always have to look at the bigger picture. Creating something just for now and not necessarily the future isn't great because then you have to use up more money to create something new. As I said, I'm thinking too much into it.

I believe he's saying the 3DS is able to connect to the DS through DS Download Play.

Thing is, the 3DS is able to emulate the DS (which is what it does for DS Download Play), but not connect from 3DS game to DS game (software like Dream Radar is a bit different as it's not connecting from one device to another). It's like trying to connect your GBA to your DS; it's not going to work.

I believe he's saying the 3DS is able to connect to the DS through DS Download Play.

Thing is, the 3DS is able to emulate the DS (which is what it does for DS Download Play), but not connect from 3DS game to DS game (software like Dream Radar is a bit different as it's not connecting from one device to another). It's like trying to connect your GBA to your DS; it's not going to work.

Exactly, Your best bet is to have two DS systems if you want pokemon to tranfer from P/D/PL;HG/SS to B/W or B/W2 then on the 3DS console use 'Poketransfer' to send(or store) the pokemon in 'Pokebank' so they can be ready to be sent to X/Y.

However you might went to make sure the pokemon is legit enough to send through the process. =P

So me, Xan, The Answer and _DataDrain_ from guild all had a rather "interesting" conversation in Skype last night about this video and

where, tl;dr, the guy argues that Smogon had no clue what they were doing when they decided to ban Mega Lucario last week. He then goes on to argue about nonsensical things such as how Slurpuff is a solid counter to MegaKangaskhan, despite being 2HKOed by Return, and that MegaKangaskhan should be unbanned on those grounds.

Then a 3rd party intervenes and calls us all scrubs for not using Protect and/or Bulky Greninja to counter Mega Lucario, in spite of me posting damage calculations to prove him wrong (in his defense, a Life Orb Hydro Pump requires a minimum of 128 Sp.Atk EVs to OHKO, while max Sp.Atk investment is still only a 68.8% chance, while Greninja always dies from Life Orb recoil if +2 Extremespeed fails to OHKO, but that only makes him a shaky counter at best, which is not what he was claiming at all).

The most likely reason that I can think of that Pokemon Bank is a requirement is for the users who don't have another/afford another DS/3DS to transfer Pokemon from older generations, much like the GBA slot that the DS had. Only problem is that the 3DS doesn't have a separate slot for DS games, so Pokemon Bank could be the only other alternative, other than of course having another system.

So me, Xan, The Answer and _DataDrain_ from guild all had a rather "interesting" conversation in Skype last night about this video and

where, tl;dr, the guy argues that Smogon had no clue what they were doing when they decided to ban Mega Lucario last week. He then goes on to argue about nonsensical things such as how Slurpuff is a solid counter to MegaKangaskhan, despite being 2HKOed by Return, and that MegaKangaskhan should be unbanned on those grounds.

Then a 3rd party intervenes and calls us all scrubs for not using Protect and/or Bulky Greninja to counter Mega Lucario, in spite of me posting damage calculations to prove him wrong (in his defense, a Life Orb Hydro Pump requires a minimum of 128 Sp.Atk EVs to OHKO, while max Sp.Atk investment is still only a 68.8% chance, while Greninja always dies from Life Orb recoil if +2 Extremespeed fails to OHKO, but that only makes him a shaky counter at best, which is not what he was claiming at all).

He's the one that calling you a scrub when he said that Megakhan and Megaluc should be unbanned because there's options that doesn't immediately die when brought up? That's sort of contradictory lol.

He's the one that calling you a scrub when he said that Megakhan and Megaluc should be unbanned because there's options that doesn't immediately die when brought up? That's sort of contradictory lol.

He also called us scrubs for using 252/252 EV spreads on certain Pokemon, which is lol.

Nothing wrong with 252/252 ev spread... the guy must know nothing about other players' preferences. If one wants to do a 252/252 spread, they can, but calling someone a scrub for doing so will leave the label of "idiot", "moron" or worse on the namecaller.

Smogon's February useage statistics won't be up until Wednesday, but Pokemon Online has already completed theirs and has already implemented the following:

• Keldeo, Latias, Sylveon, and Chansey are now OU
  • Breloom, Speed Deoxys, Galvantula, Smeargle, Goodra, and Trevenant are now UU

Doesn't necessarily mean Smogon's tiers will follow the same (especially considering Sylveon was already OU last time I checked), but should be an indicator of what to expect...

Though I'm disappointed that phantom tree got pushed down :(

Smogon's February useage statistics won't be up until Wednesday, but Pokemon Online has already completed theirs and has already implemented the following:

• Keldeo, Latias, Sylveon, and Chansey are now OU
  • Breloom, Speed Deoxys, Galvantula, Smeargle, Goodra, and Trevenant are now UU

Doesn't necessarily mean Smogon's tiers will follow the same (especially considering Sylveon was already OU last time I checked), but should be an indicator of what to expect...

Though I'm disappointed that phantom tree got pushed down :(

...........they kind of picky about that if you ask me ;(