Sign in to follow this  
DontVirusMeBRO!!T_T

Mugen looks cool, but what is the safest site to get the game??

Recommended Posts

Hi, Im new to Mugen, and the customizability catches my interest, and as a person who is at least patient to make something worthwhile, Id like to know the best and most trustworthy site to get it, many said softonic gives viruses and exclaimed that is the only effective site to get the base game, and the Elecbyte site is forbidden to access for me.... since this site looks like the most updated and most trustworthy, are there links to get the base game through here?? and one last thing, does the base game come with an engine wherein I can make my very own character for the game?? otherwise recommend me links to get an engine that can make one/ edit an existing one.. any replies preferably from veterans of this game will be appreciated a lot!! :awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-3-0-1-final-137126.0.html

^Fighter Factory 3} If you have a MUGEN character or template you can load the def file in FF3 (Several versions are in the link)

 

http://gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/characters.html

^Basic Template for MUGEN characters, all the things you need minus the sprites and character information are included within this

A quick search will give you a lot of results but I would go with Ryon's tutorial which can be found here (Link to part one):

 

These are the basics for creating like you asked.

If you just want to add characters and stages use the tutorials

http://mugenfreeforall.com/forum/177-collections/ In the collection section you can find characters and stages based on your favorite characters.

 

Also welcome pal! Glad to have you here, just behave and you'll be fine here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't use templates. They usually have questionable design choices. I would just take Kung Fu man and play around with his stuff in Fighter Factory to see what it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks TheJMan! mainly on the engine to make a character for the game, but one more question, what is the best link to get that engine? there are multiple and Im very cautious, especially that I even named myself that haha, btw Im using windows 10 64-bit :fuckyea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2-7-2017 at 6:08 AM, DontVirusMeBRO!!T_T said:

thanks TheJMan! mainly on the engine to make a character for the game, but one more question, what is the best link to get that engine? there are multiple and Im very cautious, especially that I even named myself that haha, btw Im using windows 10 64-bit :fuckyea:

Slightly late but like Darkflare said 1.0 is the most stable version. I would however reccomend a screenpack (most of them allow more characters to be added) I myself use IMT Red.

You could use KFM as a base aswell but I feel like if you'd use Ryon's tutorial it is the best to use the template considering he used it for said tutorial.

Me too... Kind of want to go back to Windows 7 though XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 6:26 AM, TheJMan said:

Slightly late but like Darkflare said 1.0 is the most stable version. I would however reccomend a screenpack (most of them allow more characters to be added) I myself use IMT Red.

You could use KFM as a base aswell but I feel like if you'd use Ryon's tutorial it is the best to use the template considering he used it for said tutorial.

Me too... Kind of want to go back to Windows 7 though XD

Same, Kung Fu Man is my go-to base for any character that's not an edit, he's already got all the required hit sprites so you know what to put in each and basic move code that's easy to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IDGCaptainRussia said:

Same, Kung Fu Man is my go-to base for any character that's not an edit, he's already got all the required hit sprites so you know what to put in each and basic move code that's easy to work with.

Agreed, KFM actually is the easiest to start with in my opinion. But if you are more advanced/want to code your own moves (Mainly specials) N64Mario's template is the best and the easiest to work with. You could also search for a template fitting a style you like (MvC, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this