My next tutorial (looking for ideas)

Ryon

i dont no a thing about coding characters i try twice just to get the baisc down still having a hard time i keep getting distracted but i have seen only a few that was not buggy at all yes the character them selfs was still over powered but doing the transformation it was very smooth

How bout a basic screenpack tutorial. Alot of the elements used in making a screepack can be used in making a stage, and you could even include the lifebar tutorial as well. While you're at it, maybe even a section to include the intro/logo/ending animations. I think this could cover alot of ground. Then go into the stage tutorial. That way people could apply what they learned, combine it with the new/advanced techniques they recieve from the stage tutorial and really put out some high quality stuff. This formula works...trust me... :troll:

working with variables combo system tag system game system super armor fatalities AI puppet helpers things which aren't documented char interaction stage interaction parallax brightness/contrast/saturation/colorization layers palettes screenpacks elaborated use of controllers fonts thumbnails lifebars glad I could contribute :)

working with variables ; I barely know how to do it myself

combo system ; it was a request before yes.

tag system ; i'm sorry what? were talking about things that I KNOW.

game system ; nani?

super armor ; never learned super armor code

fatalities ; never learned fatality codes

AI ; never learned ai coding

puppet helpers ; never learned this either

things which aren't documented

char interaction ; what?

stage interaction ;lolwut?

parallax ; in stage tut.

brightness/contrast/saturation/colorization layers ; huuurr duuurr

palettes ; nah people gotta figure that out themselves. i do it completely different.

screenpacks ; a complicated field to try. to many things to manage.

elaborated use of controllers ; huuuuhhh

fonts ; "broli:whoooaaahhh"

thumbnails ; what kind?

lifebars ; later

glad I could contribute :)

like 90% of your stuff is denied.

it depends of the thing you're creating.

creating a char has taken me less time than a stage at times :V (caring about the quality of course)

and time ago I thought creating palettes was always an entirely easy task matter of minutes, when in fact, there are chars which makes it difficult.

On 8/10/2012 at 4:38 PM, 'Ryon said:

like 90% of your stuff is denied.

;_;

Spoiler

btw I wanted to say char "compatibility" instead of "interaction" as for the layers, I was refering to get desired FX on stages

a lot of that stuff don't come in tutorials, having it wouldn't hurt :P

Screenpacks have TOO many thigs to manage? Then I need to give CHARACTER CREATION a try. Whenever I look at .cns files I get like... :confuse:

Then... :noway:

Then finally I just... :tableflip:

thats cause your a ninny.

look at my tutorial video man, i explain the stuff in there. and i also did 2 basic written out cns explaination. take your time.

Honestly, Screenpacks are like making stages. Entirely easy. LIfebars are in similarities with that, but it deals with mostly positioning and scaling. Not hard, but there are tutorials (old ones). I was thinking of creating a screenpack tutorial honestly.. maybe when I have the time to get my Persona rips to make a replica of that for my SP...

Honestly, Screenpacks are like making stages. Entirely easy. LIfebars are in similarities with that, but it deals with mostly positioning and scaling. Not hard, but there are tutorials (old ones).

Very true. But a good stage takes a little effort. And screenpacks do as well. Creating accurate stages is one thing, but using you imagination and creativity can produce epic results...

I agree with Ryon's ideas of keeping the tutorials at a kind of basic level. each character can pose its own unique challenges and leave that up to the 'creator' really as far as how developed they wish to get with the release. Rats, one of those silly thoughts came through again and I just gotta post it somewhere. Anyway Ryon, how about a tutorial on how to send money to Ryon whether by check, money order, or whatever means to thank Ryon for his good work. I guess we'll just have to settle for applause and all that kinda stuff for now :bow::troll:

i wanna put a donate button here on mffa, to my paypal.

if u do i quit lol ..........and also u need to change the name to mugen free for all " Unless u want to learn shit. then u gotta pay"