DC Comics Collection

Emaserranista

19 hours ago, FatalArtics0555 said:

I don't know if the older version of Jessica Cruz should be here since I did not know if she's just a Psylocke palette swap (If she is, my mistake😅)

Yes, you are right. I started GL Jessica Cruz by pal-swapping Psylocke. Yolomate perfected the color and Gray Shooter added GL emblem (both are from MMV where it was there the first time I uploaded the palswap to). So, basically, it is more like an edited sprites rather than just a palswap now 😄 (I did more of her, actually, adding aura and editing some moves and changing some "aura" power so that she could resemble original GL Jessica Cruz more, but I lost all the progress due to HDD damage without having the chance to backed it up)

Back to topic, I don't think you need to add only the palswap version since it was only a "pilot" version to Gray's version.

I didn't want to include that Psylocke pal to Jessica because to me it looks more like a preview of what could be further done, and as @alnyrdsaid was a pilot for the final product, being at the moment just Psylocke with a green mask.

But speaking of palleteswaps, I'd had in my HDD for a long time this particular edit of Wonder Woman made into Nubia which I used to think it was just a regular main pal change and no more but after playing a bit with the character I noticed it has the complete set of palletes with dark skin and also has a proper hyper portrait, so, why not?

On 6/12/2022 at 1:54 AM, FatalArtics0555 said:

Superman Prime One Million: Prospectone + Darklight 

EBEp3CN.gif

And I did include this one which I seem to have skipped over before. Sorry for that but now is solved!

On the other hand, if any of you guys want to go hunting for long time lost characters, I know about a few. The said original version of Batman by Magus, as well as Batman by Shamrock (I don't have any idea of how it looks, but seems to be a character from around 2007) and the last one I can recall right now is this particular version of Guy Gardner:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101011100640/http://cvgunited.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=39

The main animation is similar to the one used in the new remixed version by Pilgrim, with a different head, tho. I'm not sure if any of those characteres is worth playing today so it's only for collection purposes 😛

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back with another compilation!
I didn't find much characters in this surprisingly long time.
Total Characters

BANE
VHcOdq0.gifcWWtGBt.jpg
Ex-Inferis & Loganir + DerWerwolf (Zombie)
VENDIGO'S AI DOWNGRADES
itnwpTR.jpg
4NFARvD.png2TPjlHh.jpgAT2NejI.gifStYrxje.gifMcIVCWO.gifUnQINYQ.gifaGiw9z3.gif9dKWucK.jpgIZ6dqMs.jpg

SUPERGIRL: Toni & Prospectone & Idpp & Yunnin + Vendigo | LEX LUTHOR: Enzo + Vendigo WONDER WOMAN: Loganir + Vendigo RED HOOD: rei + Vendigo |[THE] FLASH (NEW 52): Sic-1 + Candido159 + Vendigo

On 8/2/2022 at 7:33 AM, FatalArtics0555 said:

Was searching for a character and found, Dick Grayson...?

zlFZ6GD.gif9YhTpsc.jpg
DICK GRAYSON (THE BATMAN)
Geoshea

👀

All of them but Zombie Bane were added (is that a real thing in the comics or other canon media? Really, I don't know). I didn't find much information about the character and the images I've seen  look nothing like a ugly grey recolor of him.

5 hours ago, Emaserranista said:
On 8/2/2022 at 6:33 PM, FatalArtics0555 said:

Was searching for a character and found, Dick Grayson...?

zlFZ6GD.gif9YhTpsc.jpg
DICK GRAYSON (THE BATMAN)
Geoshea

👀

Indeed, 👀

5 hours ago, Emaserranista said:

All of them but Zombie Bane were added (is that a real thing in the comics or other canon media? Really, I don't know). I didn't find much information about the character and the images I've seen  look nothing like a ugly grey recolor of him.

I really don't know, I just searched him up after seeing there was a Zombie Bane in M.U.G.E.N.
And the image I used for the download is what came up as an result, I really don't know if it's canon or not.

Also a question, everybody else's boxes are white but unlike "Dick Grayson"
His is black, does that mean like really bad?

Nonetheless, back to hunting characters.

To be fair I found that Dick Grayson awful, I even put two of them in watch mode to see if the gameplay was worth at least but it was more boring than a video I saw with that Cesarsombra's The Batman Who Laugh against Kung Fu Man some days ago, I swear it lol. But we have even worse characters here like that cartoon Starfire by The Big bro Small Bro. She deserves a black box too xD maybe I'll separate those really bad characters from the rest later.

And for the Zombie Bane, I'm still not sure. I mean, it's a common thing to make "zombie" like characters as well as "dark", "orochi" and others things in mugen, just changing the pal.

• 5 weeks later...

I know Vellrath released those sprites as open source a long time ago, so I'm not sure if he would be the author of the characters. For what I get after looking into the files, the guy who did the most with them now is Derwerwolf, who in the case of Samurai just spriteswaped Red Tornado and El Dorado seems to be also a spriteswap but from his own character of Superman Prime.

Nevertheless I added both. I don't know about Apache Chief tho, it seems the char has different sounds from the original which still uses Apocalypse' voice but they can barely being heard (at least for me, after setting the volume to the max, the only difference I find is just a voice line).

Edit: after checking a bit the characters and looking into the codes then I noticed El Dorado has different specials attacks than Superman Prime so I wouldnt say it's still a spriteswap at all but a new character.

11 hours ago, Emaserranista said:

It's a cool edit but the file is huge as shit. Added.

Checked inside the zip/rar file, and the reason why the size is huge is because of the backup folder. Deleting this backup file will reduce the size to abt 48mb. This size has included another zip file with the same name. I don't know why there's another zip file inside, but if it is of no use and can be deleted, the size can be even reduced to abt 24mb.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the backup and the character.

New chars: the old version of Batman by Magus (I think); this one is from 2006, without the tag system and a super less than the other one, found in a winmugen compilation in AK1 😄

Eradicator by DerWerwolf, edit of superman Beyond

Ganthet by Emerald Knight, pocket character

Gangbuster by Cesarsombra

Weaponers of Qward by Pseudoingles, bonus game.

And most of the Teen Titans Cartoon chars relocated under DC Classics, since I found out the sprites were ripped from a 2003's flash game.

• 2 weeks later...