[Gen5][DS] Pokemon White & Black

Ryon

I'm not going to lie, this was not my favorite Pokemon game. I felt the game didn't have as much replay value as other games. That's because for the most part, all you can do to pass time in the game is battle, where in other games you could do other things. Yeah, there's the Pokemon Musical I guess, if that ill-advised feature is even worth a mention. I also disliked how the gym leaders after Elesa were dumbed-down. The Elite 4 was alright, though. I REALLY disliked Team Plasma, as I despise "Nature is good/Humans are evil" type characters. Mostly cause it makes nature/animal lovers look bad, as it's becoming a stereotype that everyone who likes and cares about animals and nature is automatically misanthropic. Don't get me wrong, I still like the game. It's mostly the replay value that did it for me. Hopefully they fix that in Black 2 and White 2.

you sir, are HIGH. This game was epic as hell. But, it is your opinion and Im not one for making you change your mind, but still, I thought it was a great game. Sadily, I think B&W2 may suck and thats a BIG may. If they add something similar to Platinum (Disordered World I think it was called that?) then I might change my mind.

you sir, are HIGH. This game was epic as hell.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and all. I just wish there were more things to do in that game besides battling and the Pokemon Musical. Diamond/Pearl had Super Contest, the underground world, a super store that sells MORE than two TMs, berry planting, etc. Black and White have room decoration and berry planting too, but only online, which sucks cause I have no way of getting online.

I'm not going to lie, this was not my favorite Pokemon game. I felt the game didn't have as much replay value as other games. That's because for the most part, all you can do to pass time in the game is battle, where in other games you could do other things. Yeah, there's the Pokemon Musical I guess, if that ill-advised feature is even worth a mention. I also disliked how the gym leaders after Elesa were dumbed-down. The Elite 4 was alright, though. I REALLY disliked Team Plasma, as I despise "Nature is good/Humans are evil" type characters. Mostly cause it makes nature/animal lovers look bad, as it's becoming a stereotype that everyone who likes and cares about animals and nature is automatically misanthropic.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the game. It's mostly the replay value that did it for me. Hopefully they fix that in Black 2 and White 2.

this quote......made me.......L...O...L.

why???? bcuz i thot Plasma's goal was to FREE ALL POKEMON FROM HUMANS. Im not tryna be mean but it dnt really haveta do with Nature in general but the Human thing is somewhat rite...and im sorry but if anything, the game ITSELF will make u like Nature MORE bcuz of the environments and music together, someone wud be STUPID to think Nature is evil by this game's story lol (unless we talkin bout small children)

<p>

this quote......made me.......L...O...L.why???? bcuz i thot Plasma's goal was to FREE ALL POKEMON FROM HUMANS. Im not tryna be mean but it dnt really haveta do with Nature in general but the Human thing is somewhat rite...and im sorry but if anything, the game ITSELF will make u like Nature MORE bcuz of the environments and music together, someone wud be STUPID to think Nature is evil by this game's story lol (unless we talkin bout small children)

Don't worry, you didn't make me mad, although I'd probably work on... oh never mind.It's mostly due to the fact that "Nature=Good/Humans=Bad" type characters have been appearing a lot lately. In Black & White it ended up being a ploy to attract followers, but in other Media villains like that are often serious. Black & White didn't make it a stereotype, but I think it's starting to become one. I've had people accuse me of being misanthropic at times, despite the fact that I'm not....But this has nothing to do with the game anyway, so I'll stop it here. I'll be honest, the 2 new expansions business with Black 2 and White 2, while it may be new, it doesn't surprise me all that much. In any case, if they work on adding more features for people without access to the internet, I'd totally buy one. I bought Black, so I might get White 2 this time if I ever decide to buy one of them.

The reason they are doing this is because that one animal organization attacked nintendo constantly.It's vengance.

PETA sucks, don't they?

Anyway I usually go to Serebii to check for updates on Black 2 and White 2, although I hear Bulbagarden is a popular site for info, too.

<p>Don't worry, you didn't make me mad, although I'd probably work on... oh never mind.It's mostly due to the fact that "Nature=Good/Humans=Bad" type characters have been appearing a lot lately. In Black & White it ended up being a ploy to attract followers, but in other Media villains like that are often serious. Black & White didn't make it a stereotype, but I think it's starting to become one. I've had people accuse me of being misanthropic at times, despite the fact that I'm not....But this has nothing to do with the game anyway, so I'll stop it here. I'll be honest, the 2 new expansions business with Black 2 and White 2, while it may be new, it doesn't surprise me all that much. In any case, if they work on adding more features for people without access to the internet, I'd totally buy one. I bought Black, so I might get White 2 this time if I ever decide to buy one of them.

hmmmm i understand.......IMA GET BLACK 2 :awesome

and yes PETA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get the same "Hype" from playing White as I did Diamond and Platinum. Diamond and Platinum were games that I would play on whenever I could. White for me was like "Game's fun and all, but I think I'll go play on the Wii or do something on the Laptop for a while."

Although, compared to the Emerald Battle Frontier, the Platinum one sucked...I mean, it's just battling over and over with a slight variation of what happens; in Emerald, one of the facilities allowed your Pokémon to fight on its own accord!

If they remake R/S, they better put the Emerald Battle Frontier in there!

Although, compared to the Emerald Battle Frontier, the Platinum one sucked...I mean, it's just battling over and over with a slight variation of what happens; in Emerald, one of the facilities allowed your Pokémon to fight on its own accord!

If they remake R/S, they better put the Emerald Battle Frontier in there!

I beg to differ, there. I personally thought the facilities in Platinum were better, as I felt they had more thought put into their facilities. I mean come on: The Battle Pyramid was just a glorified dungeon. The Battle Arena was poorly thought out, basing your battle only on raw power as opposed to strategy. The Battle Pike was short, and I didn't feel it changed how you battled very much. And the Battle Palace? I'm actually kind of surprised you would praise a facility where you WATCH battles instead of play them. For me, I liked the Battle Hall in Platinum, because sometimes I want to test out the strength of only one monster. The Battle Castle was pretty cool too, as it was challenging in how you have to earn life, power and upgrades instead of getting them. The Battle Arcade isn't all that cool, although being able to affect the battle in your favor with a little eye-hand coordination was kind of cool.

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion, though.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly speaking, i feel black and white were the PERFECT game for anybody to get into pokemon with. i'm a veteran pokemon player (games not cards) i've played em all (and beat most of them), even the fake "pokemon diamond" , "pokemon adventure", "pikachu's adventure", and the original japanese pokemon green. I felt that black and white were a great introductory stage for new players to get into pokemon. my nephew enjoyed it very much and had alot of fun playing it and learning stuff about the pokemon. but honestly i felt that the pokemon's designs themselves were really bad. like for instance one of your opponents is a ice cream cone.. THE FUCK. and were OK, and others were BAD. almost none of them were great looking. Original design has been thrown out the window. compared to the first generation where they looked like they had more personality, this gen sucks. as for replayability. after you finish the game you have the entire right side of your map to play on (if i'm corrent) Black City and White Forest, not to mention all the trainers on that side of the map are lv65+, and your ability to trade and stuff is expanded even more to the full 651 pokedex. saying this game has no replay value is a full on bull faced lie and you know it. Its a fun game, with nice mechanics (3on3 battle? LOLWUT?! NONESENSE!) But i feel like many other fans (and myself) we really want a FULL 3d pokemon game.