Apparently obscuring "MUGEN" in video titles gets you over 26 K subs on youtube :/

6 hours ago, ĐanTH400 said:

Zedji0Q.png

This is why you should give credit to M.U.G.E.N

Well then do it and quit whining about it. *Sheesh*

Again it's no ones responsibility to do this on their own channel. If you want to tell them then take the time to reply to each one but quit harassing this guy and blowing this situation out of proportion. If he is profiting in any way out of this illegally then he'll suffer the consequences just like everyone else will eventually.

I've never seen this kind of mob intimidation since the Mugen Police!

Let it go gentlemen, it's nothing to get worked up about.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:00 PM, IDGCaptainRussia said:

even some of it isn't Anime...

just like I bet most of those dislikes are because apparently Goku lost a round.

Yeah, DBZ fanboys there :p

Nothing is worse than Sonic, Zelda, and Superman fanboys. When you say the creator and the owners are wrong and YOU are right, then there's a problem. All fanboys suck, but when you say your opinion overrides the creator, thats just insane.

Most of those dislikes maybe because of shoddy gameplay, not showing off with the other characters, or giving guys like Thor a more stunt-filled round. Or probably mugen fans for him not openly saying its mugen and where to get the characters. Alot of people have no clue mugen exists or where to get even easy characters to find. Id thumbs it down alone for him not just admitting its mugen. Other than that, if hes going to try to show off the quintessential goku vs the quintessential marvel, he couldve chosen much better characters and music. If im going to watch a fighting video, make it exciting. That shit was boring.

18 hours ago, Xenocard said:

Man I really question how does a guy get over 5M VIEWS on a M.U.G.E.N Video. It's honestly not that fair when there's other M.U.G.E.N videos similar to that one.

WAAAY better videos too, he may be spamming the comments of other channels. Thats how Blastphamous was racking up 100,000

if he added MUGEN into the title or description, it would get him competition, and as such, less views.

He knows that if the viewers don't know they will think he's making his "own" works here thus making videos seem more original; which is a really stab to the back of the authors of these characters.

2 minutes ago, IDGCaptainRussia said:

if he added MUGEN into the title or description, it would get him competition, and as such, less views.

He knows that if the viewers don't know they will think he's making his "own" works here thus making videos seem more original; which is a really stab to the back of the authors of these characters.

So what do you think we should do?
Spread the word in order to get them to see the light?

Maybe just tell them it's mugen and provide a link to download it, then they'll pretty much play it for themselves and perhaps even join the forums, hell maybe some of them could code once they realize they could customize their own characters

I don't get why it matters. MUGEN is fine as is in terms of popularity and Electbyte isn't making money out of the engine so they're not losing money. In fact, I think Electbyte would rather people to stop using it. That's just a guess since they keep on shutting down their site for some reason.

9 hours ago, Montblanc said:

I don't get why it matters. MUGEN is fine as is in terms of popularity and Electbyte isn't making money out of the engine so they're not losing money. In fact, I think Electbyte would rather people to stop using it. That's just a guess since they keep on shutting down their site for some reason.

I don't think stop using otherwise they would not have come back and released an updated engine.

No they are mad in my opinion because of the 1.1 alpha leak. Shortly after that leak they released a beta 1.1, couldn't have been a coincidence imo. Maybe they were ticked off that the honor was taken away from them. I don't know for sure?

I remember when Elecbyte came back they mentioned the first leak and it didn't seem like a positive memory to them but they expressed that they were moving on.

When the first leak happened I think some time later after that they disappeared like they did now and didn't return until many years later. Maybe they were mad about that and to some degree they took it out on the fans. Elecbyte has said however that officially they came back because "2D was back in style", but it seems too coincidental IMO and i would have to guess it has everything to do with the leak.

I don't know all the details on this stuff but this is what i picked up and this is the conclusion I came to thus far. I could be wrong but who really knows why they closed shop.

Maybe they'll be back in another 10 years or something with mugen 3D or whatever? Wait and see.

1 hour ago, AxSeeker said:

I don't think stop using otherwise they would not have come back and released an updated engine.

No they are mad in my opinion because of the 1.1 alpha leak. Shortly after that leak they released a beta 1.1, couldn't have been a coincidence imo. Maybe they were ticked off that the honor was taken away from them. I don't know for sure?

I remember when Elecbyte came back they mentioned the first leak and it didn't seem like a positive memory to them but they expressed that they were moving on.

When the first leak happened I think some time later after that they disappeared like they did now and didn't return until many years later. Maybe they were mad about that and to some degree they took it out on the fans. Elecbyte has said however that officially they came back because "2D was back in style", but it seems too coincidental IMO and i would have to guess it has everything to do with the leak.

I don't know all the details on this stuff but this is what i picked up and this is the conclusion I came to thus far. I could be wrong but who really knows why they closed shop.

Maybe they'll be back in another 10 years or something with mugen 3D or whatever? Wait and see.

Would prefer a 2D MUGEN smash clone engine. Mugen 3D... Don't you know how hard it is to even apply a skeleton to a character? Anyways, I  think it would be great to finally have Electbyte make a Smash Clone engine. The Smash scene is huge and Smash clones are sort of becoming it's own little genre so why not have a little engine based on that? Mugen has it's flat platform fighting and Smash Mugen has it's over the top fast paced platform fighting action. It'd also be good if Electbyte would make a basic AI for KFM or whoever the other guy will be and we could easily study and edit this AI in Fighter Factory.

But that's off topic. I think that'd make a great topic imo. 

I get the problem you guys have with this, but is it really that big of an issue?

Sure, he's intentionally not letting us know it's MUGEN he's using, but that's not really affecting anything, all things considered. The worst that will happen is that if anyone does become interested, they're just going to need to look a little deeper to find out it's MUGEN.

Plus, this is far from the first time this has ever happened. Hell, the first trace I ever saw of MUGEN was in a video that didn't have MUGEN in its title. It didn't take me long to find out it was MUGEN later on.

6 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

They're a group of four people with their own lives to attend to. They don't really have many opportunities to meet up and work on the engine any more.

This was all stated in an interview with one of the MUGEN websites, by the way.