Wario WIP by RobotMonkeyHead

Nice, I like the idea of him shaking coins out of the opponent. 
The coins could each give him a certain amount of power (or life?) back as he collects them.
That raises 2 questions. 

1) Should I get rid of the 100 hand wimp slap, and only use that animation for the shake hyper?

2) The way he carries enemies in Shake It could just be applied as a general mechanic (limited time carry)
    which could chain into either his grabs or the Shake Hyper ...or to carry the opponent to the corner.
    Better that or not?

Staubhold, I plan on using the fart animation for an alpha counter.  I could have the knock back increase by the amount of projectiles he eats.  What do you think?

On another note, I re-did the Ground Pound not as a hyper, but as a normal special (down + kick in air) which can hit a player on the ground, in the air, or when down.  I also added the ability to bounce off the opponents head.  The two work nicely together. 

Just a regular grab super would be fine for those coins I would think. ALSO I found some sprites that could go good with wario for waluigi to have a part somewhere.

a little shrinking and it would work I can't find "Unknown creators" version of this char tho it appears to be offline.

H0lWZiQ.gif

2) The way he carries enemies in Shake It could just be applied as a general mechanic (limited time carry)

which could chain into either his grabs or the Shake Hyper ...or to carry the opponent to the corner.

Better that or not?

Use the "limited time carry" as a general throw mechanic, it gives Wario more versatility IMO.

Staubhold, I plan on using the fart animation for an alpha counter.  I could have the knock back increase by the amount of projectiles he eats.  What do you think?

Hmmm, no. Then rather give him a small power add every time Wario "eats" a projectile.

Ok, 100 Wimp Slap stays. 

The Alpha Counter Fart has been added, and with increased push back strength depending on how many projectiles are eaten.  0 - 2  push back no knock down, 3 - 5 dizzy, 6 - 10 flying across screen knock down.  He will also gain 100 - 150 power per projectile.  Sorry Staubhold, the more I thought about it the more I liked it better than the idea of just charging over time (SSBB). 

The "limited time carry" could be done by holding whatever 2 throw buttons are pressed, I'll consider this a bit more.

Laharl, those Walougi sprites look good, but I would need some attack sprites.  Anyone know where that Walougi can be downloaded? 

I had that specific version of Waluigi when I had BrokenMugen, but as of now, Unknown's is offline. There is another version by Ivan Luiz, but it's a little worse. Those sprites were by Warner, I think.

The Alpha Counter Fart has been added, and with increased push back strength depending on how many projectiles are eaten.  0 - 2  push back no knock down, 3 - 5 dizzy, 6 - 10 flying across screen knock down.  He will also gain 100 - 150 power per projectile.  Sorry Staubhold, the more I thought about it the more I liked it better than the idea of just charging over time (SSBB).

Hey, it´s nice as long as he gains some power when eating a projectile. :joyful:

I got the projectile eating coded, adds 100 power, makes the alpha counter fart more effective, but there's one thing I can't figure out how to do, which is remove the hit sparks from the projectile.

I have Wario use a hitoverride, which triggers a helper hit box that gives the projectile something to hit.  The hit sparks look a little weird with the eating tho, is there a way to just straight up remove the projectile that anyone knows of?

Made a little garlic counter that appears over Wario's head for a moment when he gobbles down a projectile.

2SVfhtS.png

Also upped it's power add from 100 to 150 as per DarkWolf's recommendation.

Considering adding in other "treasure icons" that appear when you do certain things, then have them all show up on the victory screen.

that sounds awesome. also Yea idk i was thinking maybe you can work magic and make some kind of attack look useable lol for Waluigi. Aperson might be willing to help to if you need it. Also do you need sound rips? I could get you mario party voices from the gamecube games for some things, same for waluigi.

Thanks Laharl.  I'm going to wait on Waluigi and see if some possibility emerges.  As of now I'm getting all the sprites ready to load that I want to use for the hypers.  I also just downloaded the Dolphin emulator and the Shake it rom so I can rip whatever sprites I want that I don't have, namely those little coal things that set Wario on fire.

As for the sound files, I've already downloaded a few of his voice sfx compilations, and when I got to that point I was planning on just posting links to see which voice people liked best.  I suppose now's as good a time as any tho, so here's some links to different voices.  If you wouldn't mind telling me which one you prefer, or posting a link to one you like better, I'll use the one people like most:

Wario World voice

Super Smash Bros Wii U voice

Mario Kart Wii voice

Mario Kart 8 voice

^ Will do Staubhold.  I owe you one at this point anyway ;)

I happened upon a downloadable archive of all of Wario's sprites from Shake It, with the axis in tact, as well as... the timing.  The f'ing timing!?  Thank you gabrielwoj & Joaowojwicz!  ...which beats the sprite sheet I've been using.  Luckily I'm a somewhat meticulous bastard and wrote down the values I used in Gimp to process the sprites.  So the last few hours were spent processing the Flaming Wario sequence for his first hyper. 

So far plans for the hypers look like this:

__/ Flaming Wario

Coal drops from ceiling, and stays on ground for a second, then bursts into flames.
If opponent steps on coal it cancels (no hyper bar used).  If Wario touches it, he runs

forward ass on fire, bounces off the front edge of the screen, flame grows, turns around

and runs other direction, bounces off other edge of screen, flame grows again, bounces off

front edge one more time, the is fully engulfed in fire and has control over left / right movement

for a brief period of time, though very slow.  Very much like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McA_iTIYyAE

Starts at 1:15 in.

__/ Snowball Wario
Not quite figured out yet.  Something involving rolling around in snowball form. 

__/ Captain Syrup Pile-Driver    

Hyper grab, rockets upward off top of screen, and pile-drivers opponent.  Not spinning.  One

of his air throws is a spinning pile-driver, but I don't want to step on Giefs toes too much, let alone

Captain Syrups.

__/ Gimme Your Lunch Money  

Hyper grab, shakes opponent as coins fly out, then throws them against the far edge of the

screen.  Collecting coins will give Wario either health or power, depending on whether gold

or silver.  Certain opponents might throw a treasure with the coins, not sure how that's going

to work yet...

__/ Vamp-Off Garlic Breath       
Massive belch that emits a slow moving projectile cloud of noxious gut stench.  This will

drain his garlic meter and become more powerful depending on it's level.  The garlic

meter is increased by eating opponents projectiles, and it also  boosts his alpha counter fart.

Walougi, possible striker, possible hyper, possible intro, most likely a win pos.  Depends on whether I find more suitable sprites.
I'm not sure yet, but I want to have a good handful of win poses, and have them be determined by what "treasures" he gets during the fight.  e.g. Chain all 3 Wustache Twisters for 7 hits to get Fickle Compass or something like that.

Smash U works.

I like wario world as well, but thats cause I actually like the game lol.

Also maybe you should use bobombs I have found several sprites of them in fact I coded one in bobobo back when I was making him. wario LOVES bombs.

__/ Vamp-Off Garlic Breath       

Massive belch that emits a slow moving projectile cloud of noxious gut stench.  This will

drain his garlic meter and become more powerful depending on it's level.  The garlic

meter is increased by eating opponents projectiles, and it also  boosts his alpha counter fart.

Add some garlic, fishbones & funny looking skulls that are floating around in the cloud. Let them pop up & then vanish again.

Would love to see at least a Wario-Man intro.

Smash U works.

I like wario world as well, but thats cause I actually like the game lol.

Also maybe you should use bobombs I have found several sprites of them in fact I coded one in bobobo back when I was making him. wario LOVES bombs.

Wait, I thought it was Waluigi who loves bombs... :<

What do you guys think for the bombs?  Like a bomb special that works sort of like Link's in Smash Bros?  Or a maybe a hyper where you maintain control of his movement and attack, but he'll toss a bomb once per second?  I don't know, any ideas?  Or possibly sprite links?

Use a "Wario Bomb" as his bomb design...

the_wario_bomb.png

Since "Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!" is a is a crossover game between the Wario & Hudsons Bomberman series, Wario should use the bomb like in the game, in MUGEN gameplay as a sort of trap...

Bomb special drops a "Wario Bomb" that stays on place and explodes after a certain time. Bombs on screen should be limited (two? three?). EX version could have a bigger explosion.

I would be ok with this sounds like a nice idea. I would also be ok with him having a projectile of just tossing bobombs that explode when they land. Thinking like he throws them in an arch like he does in mario kart.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1qrb7k

these could also work well espescially the giant ball of em. http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/marioandluigi3/sheet/27105/

this would be more for a super or hyper though if thats needed.

I had that specific version of Waluigi when I had BrokenMugen, but as of now, Unknown's is offline. There is another version by Ivan Luiz, but it's a little worse. Those sprites were by Warner, I think.

Can confirm.

Would love to see at least a Wario-Man intro.

It would be amusing if it was too much like Homer Simpson's superhero intro.