Have you come across with any MUGEN making hard times?

Werewood

When you are making something for MUGEN, any hard times you might have come across with?

Exclude any peer-related and personal issues please.

- have difficulty in trying to find some wanted raw materials for your MUGEN making.....

- can't decide which particular MUGEN content to make......

- have hard times focusing on one (1) MUGEN WIP when there are some more MUGEN WIPs in your plan......

- not enough time => so many things to do; so little time to use....

- if converting something from an existing source, have difficulty in trying to stay source accurate....

- if editing something from a known source (be it official or MUGEN), have difficulty in trying to be creative and effective....

- if creating something from scratch (original style), run out of MUGEN ideas.....

- have hard times coding a particular feature for MUGEN (character, stage, motif/screenpack, add-on....etc.).....

- lost all/some MUGEN work files due to computer hardware failure......

- forced to take a break or even abandon your MUGEN WIPs by other means, yet not by your will....

- hard to keep your MUGEN content to support both winmugen and MUGEN1.0/1.1....

- couldn't find an online place to make your MUGEN release announcement(s)....

- when everything is ready, your Internet refuses to work with you....

- got a feedback about a MUGEN bug, yet no matter how hard you tried the bug is still there......

- your computer power is not capable of letting your MUGEN making run smoothly......

- have hard times writing a document/manual/readme for your MUGEN making......

- too many updates needed to do and feel like giving up......

- if making a MUGEN character, having hard times doing A.I.........

- if making a MUGEN stage, having hard times positioning all stage elements....

- when your MUGEN WIP is close to completion, suddenly found out a big thing is missed, so big that it might requires almost a re-do.....

- when trying to edit other MUGEN creators'/authors' works, have difficulty in trying to understand what he/she/it was doing......

- have hard times dealing with MUGEN intrinsic internal bugs....

- have hard times working on palettes..........

- if making a character, coding throws giving you some headache...

- if making a character, coding P2 custom states making you feel like no way out......

- have hard times dealing with MUGEN1.0/1.1 localcord thingy..........

- have difficulty in trying to keep track of your MUGEN works versions......

I haven't figured out the custom hitsparks to use for Red Savarin and how to code his second Lv 1 Hyper. And making an actual release announcement because the sprite style used for characters I make for MUGEN are frowned upon by many veteran mugenites. I've been working on him since the beginning of this month.

I want to focus on original stuff but everytime I'm doing it some game comes out that catches my interest, and have several unfinished original things stored 3op2gOD.gif

I mean...

I sometimes can't decide what to work on next.

also

haven't figured how to deal with the change of perspective of leaning planes & circular surfaces to reduce the work load on stages. I know how to do it but need to create something to reduce the input effort to the minimal, for now is too exaggerated.

oh and the time....I need more time too.

-The main thing for me these days is my back up lap top. my main one finally died on me some months back so that crippled my creating speed. Im still creating two new characters currently but since my old back up lap top is bad, old, slow. very little memory to download FX software and a busted fan that overheats at times and cuts off my pc (putting me at high risk to lose unsaved work) i cant create as fast as i was before. funny thing is now that ive gotten better at coding to move faster im in a shitty pc situation with horrible horrible speed now smdh

-Coding AI with no issues later. I hate when i see dumb shit happening in my character i dont like. so i may spend weeks or hours just fixing it....the worse ones are illusive isolated bugs. it wont appear versus all characters but the scattered few it will and its always somebody finding it assuming you wanted it in there for dumb reasons lol smfh

-Game play issues. these days in a certain secret 3rd character im working on its a lil rough getting his signature custom state triggers to work right entirely. im getting it more and more but looking at the source i can see i have my work cut out for me and i cant release it if the main core part of him isn't done right....

-Usually too lazy to work on stuff *cough*finishing096whoireleasedasanobviousbeta*cough*

-Can't find any good sprites for frankenspriting

-Don't have any ideas for stuff to add to a character

-Very few (if any) sprites are made of a certain character for use during character creation

-Have trouble finding sprites for a certain attack

-Sometimes when I see some undumped bootleg video game which is really great,I'm going to be angry and start doing anything to create it real (but sometimes I can't resprite the sprite from video great and that's why I'm getting angry)

-When I lose whole day without any work on computer

-When I need to work on one hyper move whole 1 hour because of bugs

-When I'm not at home >:(

-When I don't have many great sprites

well that's all of my problems...

So, is it safe for me to say,

Top MUGEN making hard time:  the lack of sprites

(Boss Ryon once said, "no sprites, no MUGEN motifs/add-ons/characters/stages)

Next big MUGEN making hard times:  the lack of time, the lack of interest/idea, the lack of computer hardware co-operation

My Legendary MUGEN friend, real life is always bigger than MUGEN making business.  Actually it is bigger than any hobby too!  For me, MFFA's theme, "Caring is Sharing/Sharing is Caring" is what makes me keep my MUGEN passion burning.  When a real life thing happens, I will try to tone down my MUGEN making business.  It is different from the personal issues that I mentioned which should be excluded.

Oh it sure is my friend....I hate when it happens since i get so deep into building a character .But sometimes real life issues are unavoidable to the point where you dont have much time for anything else you enjoy. some weaker issues can be delayed to be dealt with later on but the major ones just have you off the radar for a long time...which in the end of course good old hobby mugen takes a back seat....

so i feel ya man

• 2 weeks later...

- Frankenspriting

- The fear of being bashed all the time.

- The fear of .SFF corrupting for no good reason.

- Coding something complex such as having your character clone themselves temporarily and having the clone do various attacks.

- Coding the Shadow Clone Jutsu.

- Trying to be POTS.