Soul Calibur (Athena Edit) by CVSArtist (4/26/14)

DartzPie

wait I thought clones were characters that played like a specific type .

example: remy , ash oro are clones of guile .they obviously look different , but they all share that charge style gameplay. or is it different in terms of this  character ? in my most humble opinion its a character that is walking along the very tight lines of edit , but not a clone because it's not mimicking a distinct playstyle (back to the guile reference).

wait I thought clones were characters that played like a specific type .

example: remy , ash oro are clones of guile .they obviously look different , but they all share that charge style gameplay. or is it different in terms of this  character ? in my most humble opinion its a character that is walking along the very tight lines of edit , but not a clone because it's not mimicking a distinct playstyle (back to the guile reference).

This one i agree

This is kinda obvious to notice, but people still confuse it.

This is kinda obvious that you used the clone term in wrong way :yaoming:

nah he's a guile clone right off the back . that's like tetsu would be referred as a shto clone  as well. he's obviously not ryu and ken , but at the heart of the gameplay , he's your average shoto. yes guile hasn't been in sf3 , but the fact that remy plays like him makes him a guile clone, but depending on where we're both going in this we're both kinda right on this lol.

nah he's a guile clone right off the back . that's like tetsu would be referred as a shto clone  as well. he's obviously not ryu and ken , but at the heart of the gameplay , he's your average shoto. yes guile hasn't been in sf3 , but the fact that remy plays like him makes him a guile clone, but depending on where we're both going in this we're both kinda right on this lol.

Tetsu may be a Shotoclone, but he's one of the most powerful Non-cheap chars there is!

Lord M. I Think your highly confused.

Clones are characters that play exactly the same with slightly varied moves.

For Instance.

as you said Guile, and Remy, they play the exact same, have the same moves, and same commands, only difference is sprites. He's a clone.

Charlie is also a Guile Clone except with more style.

Cammy, Juni, Juli, and all the other psycho girls, are all clones. storywise and gameplay wise.

KOF Kyo with MVC Gameplay, thats a edit.

a Edit is technically a character that plays differently form how its ment to be played as.

for instance my Raging characters there all edits, even the ones that play really accurately (Dee Jay and Fei Long) there SFA characters edited to play like SSF4.

Swaps, lets use the original Homer Simpson character.

That was Evil Ken, prior to the addition of Iori's moves.

those characters with homer's sprites.

Thats a swap.

So I will not remove edit from the title mainly because this is an Goddess Athena SVC Edit , To look and play like.. "Soul Caliber" .... wut?

A clone. There are three types of characters based on others:

- Edits are characters that were turned into others but with small differences on attacks or gameplay. (Seravy's characters)

- Swaps are characters who had some specific part of them changed which doesn't affect the gameplay. (Talia Al Ghul by a lot of people)

- Clones are characters who uses other's sprites, but doesn't play like them. (Soul Calibur)

This is kinda obvious to notice, but people still confuse it.

Lord M, let's not discuss semantics here. It's a way of making enemies for no reason other than to look like a douchbag.

And if you're so willing to throw definitions around, by the Mugen Fighters Guild categorizing convention, held by most of the community as normal standard, you're actually completely wrong.

There are actually way more categories, and they are the following:

Swap: Carries most assets from the original, grafical changes. (Evil Homer (To Evil Ken by Reuben Kee))

Clone: Carries the gameplay from the original with minor differences, have different sprites. (Sakura to Ryu)

Special Version: Sprites are carried from the original, custom or original gameplay. (Briaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan by Ahuron)

Special Gameplay: Same sprites, custom system. (Rajaa's Characters)

Special Edit: Same sprites, custom moves. (Goro Daimon by Sander 71113)

Special Edited Version: Edited sprites from the original, custom gameplay optional. (God Rugal by Jin)

Original: Original sprites, original gameplay. (Ella by AIDUZZI)

Original Version: Original sprites, carries some gameplay, custom or different system optional. (The Kung Fu Man by OGGY)

Original Edit: Edited sprites, original gameplay. (Ubu by AIDUZZI)

Conversion: Converted for Mugen. (Any acurrate character)

Special Conversion: Converted for Mugen with existing sprites no represented on the original source. (Athena XIII (XI Style))

Original Conversion: Converted for Mugen with original sprites. (Skullomania by SeanAlty)

So could you please stop pushing your obscure or invented definitions on the forum? Also, starting fights for futile reasons like the category of a character? Really?

everyone why argue your all acting like there was never an edit of a character before there is no need to fight

is this character (edit) a bad edit

no one is saying if the character is good

edits are editing a character but if this character was not intended to be Athena the it can be like those other edits with different personalities

not another Athena

like evil ryu, violent ken, shin akuma, oni, evil sakura

there is a lot of cool and fun Kula Diamond edits

• 1 month later...