D2 Laharl- Thanewdude07 & Laharl original Sprites (COMISSION)

thanewdude07

so this is the project I have told some of you about :3 heres gameplay ideas thus far

1. he will have some ex moves think ala pots/infinite

2. all his main 4 skills from the disgaea franchise

3. assists from flonne etna and prinnies

4. possible cameo by midboss, asagi ect mainly during winposes

5. skills based on basic Disgaea D2 sword skills

6. sound clips from various games English dub only (not a fan of his japanese voice)

7. very comboable

thats what I got so far hope you guys will look forward to this project though it may take a looooong time to finish.

and to them I say they can patch it themself because I myself do not like it :P. sorry plus the fact I can't understand japanese so theres that and I would not be able to differentiate stuff. so if someone wants to rip them and translate ect make a soundpack w/e ill be on board with that but I myself can't do it.

the scarf will be modified a bit going to make it more accurate to what it does when he laughs in game, also he will breathe a bit in and out of his laugh pose. alredy talked this over with thanewdude.

so this is the project I have told some of you about :3 heres gameplay ideas thus far 1. he will have some ex moves think ala pots/infinite 2. all his main 4 skills from the disgaea franchise 3. assists from flonne etna and prinnies 4. possible cameo by midboss, asagi ect mainly during winposes 5. skills based on basic Disgaea D2 sword skills 6. sound clips from various games English dub only (not a fan of his japanese voice) 7. very comboable thats what I got so far hope you guys will look forward to this project though it may take a looooong time to finish.

1. Do it with your Original Style I've had enough with POTS damn AI Kenshin was your best character as of now don't go off course with something Overused

2. Ok

3. How about a little selection of Strikers at the start of the round there can be 6 Strikers in Total you can go Custom or Assigned through via config Laharl. Etna and Flonne, Valvotorez and Fenrich and Midboss and Asagi (made that one up)

4. Oh

5. Ok

6. I can help with Japanese Sounds I'm Actually doing a JP Voicepack for Azn's Zero

7. Ok Well I gave you my Ideas now you go and don't be lazy

I didn't say it would be pots all over I just said EX MOVES that is literally the only thing from pots I am using.

the strikers Im debating how im going to implement them I was thinking as supers would be perfect but idk. Trust me its gonna be a good char might take awhile to get done due to the spriting time it takes + me wanting it to be perfect but it will get done.

Use a different color for Ex moves, everyone and their mother abuses that damn yellow.

Anyway i love how the sprites look so i'm even more interested in seeing how this char turns out than before.

Give him hires hitsparks :3

If people want the jap voice, they can just do a soundpack after its done (as you've said)

@thanewdude that winpose animation looks so awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow This character is teaching me a lot of different things thats for sure. This character sheet is done without using any bases which is in the self a learning process for me but i have been doing much better this way. I just wanted to show how far this character has come in the past 2 months..

Posted Image

The reasons for so many changes are 2 things.

1. Laharl himself wants all of these sprites to be perfect so he doesnt mind slow animation progress in exchange for High quality sprites.

2. I really want to make him love these sprites so I will always ask is there something he is unhappy with. Cause a unhappy consumer is somthing i dont want at all.

So let me explain each stage of this process we are going through. (left to right)

1. Was the very first sprite did of this character he said he wanted a cvs sized laharl and i did my best to give a Cvs face and everything like that it worked for me. But laharl didn't say cvs face in that cvs like sized so this one need a better face closer to the game and art out there.

2.Ok Fixed the face and got ready for the animation

3.This one is for his laughing animation made some progress as you can see at the top of the first page.

4.Got started on his Fighting stance animation. From scratch and working it into his shape.

5.progress was made needed to add his sword and scarf.

6.Details added and went on the search for feedback. Laharl also agreed i should do so to check for inconstancy.

7. Feedback accepted and added on for his improved stance with more details. After further feedback I was told that his boots didnt match his legs.

8.After final feedback I made changed and fixed his legs and making the stance look more natural and Here we are!

Next up Stance animation then on ward to the basics!

Cheers!

Posted Image