Vampire - Deserted Chateau Hi-Res

jazzpear94

so i decided it was high time i made a friggin stage i have neglected to even create much mugen stuff as of late cuz ive been busy with other projects but i finally made a new one and this time it is not an original stage but a recreation of a darkstalkers

the deserted chateau so as before the art is by me it is just based on an actual game... also no bgm this time sorry but enjoy

my hd stage recreation:

Posted Image

original stage:

Posted Image

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ncyh2pttssew18/Deserted_Chateau_HR.rar

A bit better but there is something that doesn't convinces me.

convinced of what? also i am trying to make more detail but if you dont like it i can understand

original still looks better.

in actually do agree with you laharl but i just wanted to try something other that original stages but yes even i see that i failed... anyhow back to my orig bg

im glad you aren't getting pissed off so +1 for that. you have the right attitude.

no problem laharl and i will go ahead and NOT recreate stages from games again cuz this is just sad :donwan: back to my original stages and wish me luck

for a drawing it looks hella amazing!

but at the loss of detail, unless you shown us the original, somethings we might now have noticed.

Great work none the less.

thank you so much ryon :joyful: and yes there is some detail loss but recreating is harder for me than making original art cuz i have to be acurate to the original as possible rather than getting crazy with the creative i could put so and so... and i am having MUCH trouble putting detail based on low res sprites in a vector sprite but i tried my best... so if i understand you correctly my ver's image is yes the actual art i made not an indexed sff sprite  :bath:

I agree with Ryon. I can see the effort you put into this. Actually, the original looks like it has color loss. Or maybe that's just the image you used. Either way, great job.

thank you flare that means a lot :joyful: and because both of you like it ill continue to make these recreations...

the guild was awful to be bout it thus why i thought it couldnt be liked but i was wrong... i gotta stop letting those assholes get to me  :tableflip:

This stage could be used in a story battle, saying that the character was warped into a more... "artistic" version of the real stage. Honest opinion about this, it looks like a painting.

This stage could be used in a story battle, saying that the character was warped into a more... "artistic" version of the real stage. Honest opinion about this, it looks like a painting.

that is a cool story idea :=D: and yes my art style looks like paintings  :bath:

how do you make these vector images btw?

Good question. I believe you explained once before when you first arrived here.

i dont know if i explained before but i will explain now  :=D: so i either base my art on a photo by eye and freehand in any high quality vector creating program (i have many LOL) or in this case i trace the actual outlines of a stage from a game THEN ADD COLOR AND DETAIL like i do with my others

thsi was not my best job but it is not too bad (i hope) but yeah i draw in a digital art tool either by creating the outlines for a recreation or freehand

also i suck at pixel art for some odd reason... i guess its just not my scene... something about drawing low res pixel stages and chars is foreign to me 

in their defense this seriously looks like filters not drawing I do find it hard to believe this was drawn as I could achieve this effect applying a filter to it. Also no guild is mostly right about what they say they have real coders some professionals ect. So some ppl there really know what they are talking about.

I do not encourage badmouthing guild.

I just read your post on guild you DID use a filter the things you explained are how a filter works. so yeah.

in their defense this seriously looks like filters not drawing I do find it hard to believe this was drawn as I could achieve this effect applying a filter to it. Also no guild is mostly right about what they say they have real coders some professionals ect. So some ppl there really know what they are talking about.

I do not encourage badmouthing guild.

I just read your post on guild you DID use a filter the things you explained are how a filter works. so yeah.

i said i traced it there not filtered laharl :angry1: there is a difference but yes what my result was ended up much like filters... seriously filters do it without work whereas i did this but had the help of ONLY TRACING OUTLINES... so the actual image took some friggin work on my part and yes it was not necesarily worth my effort cuz i COULD HAVE USED A FILTER AND IT WOULDNT BE ANY BETTER THEN THIS... i will not have people twisting my words... yes now im getting pissed... i explained how i made it above  :extremeanger:

also read it again laharl CARFULLY

erm how? i said i redraw or more acurately trace it... the orig was wut i traced but i didnt just add a filter to an image... i did this manually... but as said before not done on paper so much as digital drawing tools Posted Image anyhow plz people stop telling me how i did this cuz you werent there   Posted Image

also the guild ill admit is not all bad... i saw good reply's there to so im badmouthing the people who are being mean not the website... i know i said "the guild" but i guess i mean certain "users" the ones who NEVER like my stages... so im tryin not letting them get to me like i said but you are pushing it

ya know maybe ill just remove the friggin stage altogether... im sick of these debates