Scrab from Oddworld

Pasctipac

Your SFF is perfect! WELL DONE!

Pallete is prefect as well.

Alignment is GREAT! some things could be a bit better but its nothing to really mention.

Your missing a few animations, Which I would imagine is not your fault.

The only thing bad in your character is the CLSNs.

Posted Image

This is a NO NO.

Red Hitboxes, have to be ALOT bigger, and NEVER seperated like that. just use 1 big red box.

Tested it.

+As Ryon said your SFF is just perfect.

-You Collusion boxes are not so good, use one blue box for stance and make it default for the anim.

-NO SUPER MOVE?! SUCKS!

-Why is the life 1300? leave everything to default.

-When you turn x and y scale to 1 it looks hell much better.

-The red hit boxes are sooo small.

-The CNS is messed up, ain't the 200 state is meant to hit with all of the hit boxes? then why use trigger Animelem = 3?

-You didn't done any coding in CNS i believe. most of the stuff is exact same as KFM's.

-Why is the VarSet for Kfm's combo system still there in the CMD?

-You don't have crouching moves, why have commands in cns?

-when i keep pressing 'x' it spins around like crazy. lol

Overall I'd say SFF is really nice but your animation, cns and cmd are really really bad.

+As Ryon said your SFF is just perfect.

-You Collusion boxes are not so good, use one blue box for stance and make it default for the anim.

-NO SUPER MOVE?! SUCKS!

-Why is the life 1300? leave everything to default.

-When you turn x and y scale to 1 it looks hell much better.

-The red hit boxes are sooo small.

-The CNS is messed up, ain't the 200 state is meant to hit with all of the hit boxes? then why use trigger Animelem = 3?

-You didn't done any coding in CNS i believe. most of the stuff is exact same as KFM's.

-Why is the VarSet for Kfm's combo system still there in the CMD?

-You don't have crouching moves, why have commands in cns?

-when i keep pressing 'x' it spins around like crazy. lol

Overall I'd say SFF is really nice but your animation, cns and cmd are really really bad.

I dont know yet how to make super moves besides a scrab wouldnt have an animation for a super move.
1300 because he isnt that usefull
I made him bigger because he was a bit to small
I cant programming with scripts thats why the CNS is that bad.
A Scrab cant crouch.
The spin is intentionally, thats his spin attack original from the game

The next Char on my list would be a Paramite, maybe someone could help me with the scripting?

1) I dont know yet how to make super moves besides a scrab wouldnt have an animation for a super move.
2) 1300 because he isnt that usefull
3) I made him bigger because he was a bit to small
4) I cant programming with scripts thats why the CNS is that bad.
5) A Scrab cant crouch.
6) The spin is intentionally, thats his spin attack original from the game

The next Char on my list would be a Paramite, maybe someone could help me with the scripting?

you didn't understood what i said did you?

1) Then learn how to. Ryon have made tutorials for some people like you.

2) OK, that justifies it.

3) Then why are there small characters? You can see that if you make it big he pixelates. Make it small at once. I've also made a lot of chibi characters. But i never tried to make them big.

4) Refers to "1)"

5) I'm not saying why it can't crouch. I'm saying that if it can't crouch then WHY THE HELL YOU HAVE COMMANDS FOR IT!?

6) I meant that it spams that button. fix that. You wouldn't want your character to spin around like crazy forever, Y'know?

You didn't understood my feedback for sure.

Paramite? Try something standard. Does it have all sprites? Stance, Crouch, Air, Hit etc.

You can always get help in coding (it's coding not scripting, use scripting if you are using JScript, PHP, or MySQL) from the Mugen Help Section on MFFA.

He made this character USING MY TUTORIALS.

Thats why I praised him so well on his release.

Its his first character, and he followed my tutorials thru.

If i compared the 2 (your first and his first)

I'd say his first is alot better than your Goku, Gopal.

He made this character USING MY TUTORIALS.   Thats why I praised him so well on his release. Its his first character, and he followed my tutorials thru.   If i compared the 2 (your first and his first) I'd say his first is alot better than your Goku, Gopal.

I don't know about the last part, but Ryon is good when it comes to tutorials. His parallax and font tutorials are very helpful. Based on on Gopal and the guy who's been making AOF 2 characters I'd say his character tutorial will be no exception. This character is accurate enough but not so accurate that he's predictable. No supers? Well...that IS a bummer.

If i compared the 2 (your first and his first) I'd say his first is alot better than your Goku, Gopal.

If you say so then it must be true. But I didn't made a mess out of the cns. He didn't even coded the cns, cmd. I......never mind.

-NO SUPER MOVE?! SUCKS!

MK1-3, Vanilla SF2, as well as all pre-ST updates to SF2 would like to have a word with you...

So would SSF2T Akuma and MMPR:FE Ivan Ooze but those two were so broken even without supers that they honestly didn't need them.

• 4 months later...

I have been doing the same character for 5 days and now I see this topic and feel great disappointment, as I am not the first. 80% of the problems, that Syncro has mentioned, my Scrab does not have. And it is a from-the-scratch one. Ryon, should I continue and release it? Will it be counted as a Release? I have not edited this topic's char. Moreover, someone, reupload this character. I can not compare it to mine, as I can not download it. Syncro the best proportion is not 1:1. It is 0.75:1.5, as this brings the true Oddworld's proportions.

I have been doing the same character for 5 days and now I see this topic and feel great disappointment, as I am not the first. 80% of the problems, that Syncro has mentioned, my Scrab does not have. And it is a from-the-scratch one. Ryon, should I continue and release it? Will it be counted as a Release? I have not edited this topic's char. Moreover, someone, reupload this character. I can not compare it to mine, as I can not download it. Syncro the best proportion is not 1:1. It is 0.75:1.5, as this brings the true Oddworld's proportions.

You should release it, and yes. It'll be counted as an release.

I don't have this anymore, so I can't reupload.

Well, I've never played Oddworld. So I don't know about the proportion.