Everything vs Everything | Proper 1.0/1.1b Support - Original Screenpack by DJ-VAN

jrm1007

YUKARI YAKUMO PRESENTS - EVE PROPER 1.0/1.1b SUPPORT  || ORIGINAL BY DJ-VAN

Oh boy oh boy, this is an oldie, and a classic too... maybe? who knows really.

Well, I had this done before but the files for it were lost when my laptop died, which really sucked but, at least I was able to have it done even faster this time, anyways.

the Everything vs Everything screenpack, to my knowledge at least, has never had any win screen, not even proper continue, survival, or arcade end screens when put into 1.0/1.1b, so I decided to take a shot at it myself, the Lifebars are also edited to use Boxes instead of triangles, making full use of the 1,1 scaling for icons.

I didn't want to make any drastic changes, as I fear of killing the classic theme.

the folder is already setup for use, just change the motif to data/EVE Battle/EVEvolve/system.def or data/EVE Battle/system.def

the unedited lifebar remains in folder within.

mugen023.png

mugen024.png

mugen031.png

mugen027.png

mugen028.png

mugen033.png

mugen034.png

mugen035.png

mugen037.png

mugen038.png

mugen032.png

Stages using the graphics from Menu, and Select were also made (you see them above), you can get them here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zck9ms120914cgp/EvEStagePack.zip/file

I do not by any means, take credit from DJ-VAN for the work the dude did, this screenpack is amazing, but it sucks that not many have really gave it proper support for newer MUGENS.

EDIT: I quit, you guys win, please stop bugging me about Mediafire and it's linking glitch, the download was still fully functioning, but with Mediafire's glitches, people keep assuming it's been taken down, and I'm more or less just tired of hearing it, I was being stubborn due to the terrible conditions of my internet, meaning uploading pretty much anything, is a huge hurdle.

Here's Google, now please stop bugging me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13YX0b0uWdg9X30iIbf5-ZkrGaDaF4NWr/view?usp=share_link

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, JustAnother13 said:

When I went to download, I couldn't get the select screen to work properly. Instead of being a bunch of character slots all I got was a list of fighting game categories, and no way to see what character I would be selecting from any one.

Apparently you can't read instructions because EVEvolve is that screen.

Nah, I still thinking EVE Battle has it's better performance on MUGEN 1.0. The background effects of the select screen become a bit laggy but especially is in the random boxes where it's more noticeable, at least for me...

But how about you download from my files the EVEvolve 4830 Chars Update V1.2 that I merged with MUGEN 1.1 and test the select screen. If you don't get lag with those files that means that my PC sucks in every way DL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JAcs4BW3QyQnjYGjCQA5b8S83p0altD9/view?usp=sharing

By commenting and sending that link, you exposed why the hell it's so laggy.

MUGEN builds typically don't have 4380 slots, and are never meant to have such a large amount to begin with.

Clearly either the PC, or the Software cannot handle the amount of slots being used.

it's not a 1.1b issue, this is global.

On 7/1/2022 at 4:14 PM, Sumireko Usami - Outsider said:

By commenting and sending that link, you exposed why the hell it's so laggy.

MUGEN builds typically don't have 4380 slots, and are never meant to have such a large amount to begin with.

Clearly either the PC, or the Software cannot handle the amount of slots being used.

it's not a 1.1b issue, this is global.

In fact when I use the 4380 slots EVEvolve edit altogether with MUGEN 1.0 using System renderer there is no lag on select screen and the screenpack works fine. So my idea is MUGEN 1.1 isn't as good as MUGEN 1.0 when we are talking about select screens with hundred and hundreds of slots, or at least the old ones screenpacks... You can try it by yourself. Download my file, copy the 4 folders: "EVE Battle" "Everything vs Everything HD" "EVEvolve" "EVEvolve 4830 Chars Update V1.2" merge them with MUGEN 1.0 (into data) and configure like this:

motif = data/EVEvolve 4830 Chars Update V1.2/system.def

GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

RenderMode = System

7 hours ago, LATER HERO said:

In fact when I use the 4380 slots EVEvolve edit altogether with MUGEN 1.0 using System renderer there is no lag on select screen and the screenpack works fine. So my idea is MUGEN 1.1 isn't as good as MUGEN 1.0 when we are talking about select screens with hundred and hundreds of slots, or at least the old ones screenpacks... You can try it by yourself. Download my file, copy the 4 folders: "EVE Battle" "Everything vs Everything HD" "EVEvolve" "EVEvolve 4830 Chars Update V1.2" merge them with MUGEN 1.0 (into data) and configure like this:

motif = data/EVEvolve 4830 Chars Update V1.2/system.def

GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

RenderMode = System

I tried it on both builds and got the same lag results.

I don't know what the hell your PC specs are, but if you're not even using this edit to begin with? Why are you commenting here?

All you did was bump it unnecessarily over an issue not even related to this edit itself.

just like on the MFG Page.

and also, like I had said before, it could be issues with OpenGL itself, or your PC overall, stop bugging me about this, there is literally nothing I can do, it runs completely fine for me in OpenGL,so I don't what YOUR issues are. Everyone gets different results.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, the download link is broken. Today I've uploaded the file to my Media Fire account just to get a warning sign "This file has been restricted due to copyright claim" :omg: So I've uploaded again but to MEGA. I hope that the file doesn't cause troubles: https://mega.nz/file/qjhgSICa#bR0CESX7HSrMJQPT9Y8moCsoW-EqbUEOxi9IfT5kLWs

Mediafire does this sometimes, it is a glitch, the download still works.

EDIT: I quit, you guys win, please stop bugging me about Mediafire and it's linking glitch, the download was still fully functioning, but with Mediafire's glitches, people keep assuming it's been taken down, and I'm more or less just tired of hearing it, I was being stubborn due to the terrible conditions of my internet, meaning uploading pretty much anything, is a huge hurdle.

Here's Google, now please stop bugging me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13YX0b0uWdg9X30iIbf5-ZkrGaDaF4NWr/view?usp=share_link