The Roleplay Paradise Redux Deluxe Edition: The Role-play strikes back!

Darkflare

3 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"Why am I not surprised? It's going to be harder for you to learn anything if you don't learn to focus."

Lmycsm8.jpg

She's gotta point, Penny. I had to learn the hard way that without focus, you'll never get stronger and you're bound to make mistake...

hCpznHZ.png

...as evidenced by that little "slip up" in my match against Lilith. But nobody's perfect I suppose.

541An4t.png

"Well, you're technically in the biggest tourist trap around here"

BtiCbvK.gif

(Tourist trap. That gives me an idea...)

qpDOSs4.png

"Oh, but try to avoid the north west. I'm afraid there's nothing there but slums. The royals have been trying to improve conditions there but there seems to be all sorts of problems preventing them from doing so."

hMHyDFJ.gif

The slums, huh? I'll keep that in mind. I was thinking...where could I score a Tourist Guide of some sort? I'm sure there are a couple places around here to do so.

2 hours ago, Darkflare said:

541An4t.png

"Well, you're technically in the biggest tourist trap around here"

VTF1AFl.png

"This city is somewhat old fashioned so there's a certain charm to it if you're used to more modern things. The castle in the center of the city is a popular place to sightsee even though you won't be able to actually go inside. Other than that, it's still a very big city, so it should be easy to find something to do."

qpDOSs4.png

"Oh, but try to avoid the north west. I'm afraid there's nothing there but slums. The royals have been trying to improve conditions there but there seems to be all sorts of problems preventing them from doing so."

ZZDj9GI.png

"The castle sounds pretty fun!"

hgdMXSj.jpg

"I guess that castle would be nice to see."

EI2KhPl.jpg

'Avoid the northwest? That's the direction I came from to get here. That lines up with what I've heard about the unrest... are the Knights having trouble, or are they causing just as much trouble as they're fixing?'

10 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"Why am I not surprised? It's going to be harder for you to learn anything if you don't learn to focus."

7 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Lmycsm8.jpg

She's gotta point, Penny. I had to learn the hard way that without focus, you'll never get stronger and you're bound to make mistake...

c2add0bcc9.png

Penelope: Tsk, come ooooon, it's haaaaard! Besides, all of this stuff happening at once makes it even harder! I don't even know if there's any quiet spots around here! Gimme a break!

Penelope sighed. Maybe she could try it right now...if she really felt like it. She really wondered what was going on outside, though; all of those guards in one spot had to mean something was about to happen!

GSj1BsV.png

"He told me a few things, but not how long you guys would be here. I got a lot of people inside and I can't guarantee I can keep track of everyone trying to sneak out, so I'll have to ask to keep an eye out. If you need anything, feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do."

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: Heh, we'd gladly let you know if we needed something. Just make sure to let them know that they probably shouldn't try getting involved should that portal reopen, since we don't know what's going to come out next.

45 minutes ago, A person said:

c2add0bcc9.png

Penelope: Tsk, come ooooon, it's haaaaard! Besides, all of this stuff happening at once makes it even harder! I don't even know if there's any quiet spots around here! Gimme a break!

Penelope sighed. Maybe she could try it right now...if she really felt like it. She really wondered what was going on outside, though; all of those guards in one spot had to mean something was about to happen!

vDEq115.jpg

"It's only hard in the beginning. After some time, it will become second nature. Like I said, if you can't focus, it will be harder for you to learn anything. No more excuses young lady, you can't be a hero if you don't learn the basics first."

49 minutes ago, A person said:

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: Heh, we'd gladly let you know if we needed something. Just make sure to let them know that they probably shouldn't try getting involved should that portal reopen, since we don't know what's going to come out next.

ATFW2x0.png

"I will. But this place attracts plenty of blood knights and I can't be held responsible for every fool who's too overconfident."

With that said, Flare proceeded to head back inside.

14 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

hMHyDFJ.gif

The slums, huh? I'll keep that in mind. I was thinking...where could I score a Tourist Guide of some sort? I'm sure there are a couple places around here to do so.

qpDOSs4.png

"I'm afraid, I couldn't tell you. I haven't been here long enough to memorize every area of the city since it's so big."

16 hours ago, A person said:

c2add0bcc9.png

yL8WmPS.jpg

Ok...I'll cut you some slack for now. But you're gonna need to get on the ball, young lady. Hahaha!

9 hours ago, Darkflare said:

qpDOSs4.png

"I'm afraid, I couldn't tell you. I haven't been here long enough to memorize every area of the city since it's so big."

ciAhl9M.gif

Well...guess we'll just take a tour of the city then...

On 2/18/2020 at 8:32 PM, Dumanios said:

ZZDj9GI.png

"The castle sounds pretty fun!"

hgdMXSj.jpg

"I guess that castle would be nice to see."

DF252C6.gif

You girls wanna check out the castle? Sasuke, right? You can tag along too if you're into that. We can head towards it and check out a few sights along the way.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:51 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

DF252C6.gif

You girls wanna check out the castle? Sasuke, right? You can tag along too if you're into that. We can head towards it and check out a few sights along the way.

wgk25jV.png

"This'll be really fun! I wonder if we'll meet the queen? Maybe we can get their guards to laugh a little!"

MOpGC2K.png

"Settle down Flandre, they're probably not gonna let us meet the queen," Raina replied. Truthfully, she was worried that they'd encounter another one of those portal creatures during the outing, or perhaps some random group of hooligans would attack them like on the airship...

Y8UVwcO.jpg

"I'll come along," Sasuke replied to Lightflare. There was that gut feeling again - that he knew Raina and Flandre. Maybe he'd figure something out?

4 minutes ago, Dumanios said:

wgk25jV.png

"This'll be really fun! I wonder if we'll meet the queen? Maybe we can get their guards to laugh a little!"

MOpGC2K.png

"Settle down Flandre, they're probably not gonna let us meet the queen," Raina replied. Truthfully, she was worried that they'd encounter another one of those portal creatures during the outing, or perhaps some random group of hooligans would attack them like on the airship...

Y8UVwcO.jpg

"I'll come along," Sasuke replied to Lightflare. There was that gut feeling again - that he knew Raina and Flandre. Maybe he'd figure something out?

TdW9qbb.jpg

Count me in! 

9gXT6YP.gif

Alright, sounds like we have ourselves a proper party. Liltih you coming, too? Or are you on the clock? Ha..

vDEq115.jpg

"Well, Darkflare did suggest to me to ask Anna if she had something for me."

541An4t.png

"Oh, did he? That's good because I actually could use a favor."

Anna proceeded to hand out a letter to Lilith

541An4t.png

"I just need you to deliver this letter to my sister. She runs a shop near the castle selling souvenirs to the tourists that go to see it."

iIXZw8p.png

"Clever girl....I wish I had thought of that first...."

vDEq115.jpg

"....guess I'll be going with you after all."

vDEq115.jpg

"....guess I'll be going with you after all."

DF252C6.gif

The more the merrier. Ok...let's head out. 

fad5Wfs.png

Come on, Penny! Can't have you just hanging around a place like this by yourself, Lil Sis.

As LightFlare heads toward the door, he encounters Darkflare.

eNLyopx.jpg

I know these guards are a bit of a pain, but try not to loose your patience. We don't need you splitting any of these guys in half or anything. Hahaha!

ciAhl9M.gif

But to be fair, this type of stress can be a bit much, even for you, Dark.

On 2/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

ciAhl9M.gif

But to be fair, this type of stress can be a bit much, even for you, Dark.

QPnUbPN.png

"I know all too well, Light. To be honest, I've been seriously considering a successor for some time now. However, this path I have chosen can be quite demanding."

zxAeeV3.png

"You're all thinking of going out? I don't think the royal guards are going to let anyone out until they can confirm a portal won't reopen here. You are of course free to try talking to them about it."

29U7aJW.png

"I do expect you to be smart about it of course." 

2 hours ago, Darkflare said:

29U7aJW.png

"I do expect you to be smart about it of course." 

TkIy0Dl.gif

I'll be nice...

LightFlare approaches one of the guards at the door, calling to them before he got too close so as not to startle the already tense soldiers.

xGkrj0n.jpg

Excuse me, Sir. Me and my friends want to take a tour of your fine city. Are we allowed to leave?

@A person

On 2/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

fad5Wfs.png

Come on, Penny! Can't have you just hanging around a place like this by yourself, Lil Sis.

Penelope didn't really know how to feel about being called "Lil' Sis" by someone that wasn't really family, but what the heck; she was away from her real family anyway, so it didn't matter anyway! She was just going to embrace it to the fullest!

a501ec99f0.png

Penelope: Okay, Big Sis! I'm coming, too!

Hopefully this wasn't super creepy.

7 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

LightFlare approaches one of the guards at the door, calling to them before he got too close so as not to startle the already tense soldiers.

xGkrj0n.jpg

Excuse me, Sir. Me and my friends want to take a tour of your fine city. Are we allowed to leave?

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: How many of you are leaving? We need to take that into account before we let you leave, just in case things really do happen.

2 hours ago, A person said:

a501ec99f0.png

Penelope: Okay, Big Sis! I'm coming, too!

Hopefully this wasn't super creepy.

Lmycsm8.jpg

Adorable...

Melina leads Penny over towards LightFlare.

2 hours ago, A person said:

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: How many of you are leaving? We need to take that into account before we let you leave, just in case things really do happen.

DF252C6.gif

We have a party of seven...

On 2/27/2020 at 4:46 PM, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

DF252C6.gif

We have a party of seven...

The guard glanced in the direction of another guard, who proceeded to write something down on a digital device before nodding. The guard turned his attention back to Lightflare.

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: Okay, we've got it noted. You guys are free to leave.

The guards would step aside to allow them a pathway to walk through to the main street.

42 minutes ago, A person said:

The guard glanced in the direction of another guard, who proceeded to write something down on a digital device before nodding. The guard turned his attention back to Lightflare.

3cf5c3a2d8.png

Guard: Okay, we've got it noted. You guys are free to leave.

The guards would step aside to allow them a pathway to walk through to the main street.

DF252C6.gifThank you. Have a good day. 

LightFlare turns to the others informing them it was ok to leave. @A person @Darkflare @Dumanios

hMHyDFJ.gif

Looks like we can head out!

fad5Wfs.png

Sounds great! I'm ready to see what this city has to offer. The rustic feel leads me to believe there are some charming shops scattered about.

9gXT6YP.gif

Yeah. I can appreciate the architecture. From what we saw on the way, I'm sure we'll see some beautiful sights. And castle will be the icing on the cake. I'm actually excited. Been training and fighting so much I haven't stopped to relax in a while it seems.

Lmycsm8.jpg

You really gotta relax more, Light. There's so much more to this world than conflict. Despite how much we've seen in the last day or two....

ciAhl9M.gif

Indeed it is...

LightFlare and Melina walk past the guards into the streets of Candor. With many marvellous sights, attractions and even potential dangers, they hope to enjoy their time in the new city. As they walk they would take notice to all their surroundings potentially interacting with the locals and any places of interest on their way to the castle.

2 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

Lmycsm8.jpg

You really gotta relax more, Light. There's so much more to this world than conflict. Despite how much we've seen in the last day or two....

ciAhl9M.gif

Indeed it is...

LightFlare and Melina walk past the guards into the streets of Candor. With many marvellous sights, attractions and even potential dangers, they hope to enjoy their time in the new city. As they walk they would take notice to all their surroundings potentially interacting with the locals and any places of interest on their way to the castle.

MOpGC2K.png

"This'll be the perfect time to relax," Raina said. After all the trouble the group had faced... hopefully things would look up.

wgk25jV.png

"All right! This'll be great," Flandre added, staying close to Penny.

EI2KhPl.jpg

Sasuke meanwhile just followed behind, making sure the blonde vampire stayed out of trouble. Like it or not, he was pretty sure he'd met the vampire before. Maybe he'd realize something on this journey...

The group would soon find themselves entering into the main stretch of Candor City, where the city's mix of medieval and modern soon became quite obvious. It was almost as if the city had been split by its distinct styles, with the city's center, being where the massive castle was located, having consisted of the medieval townhouses and buildings that also seemed to house more of the wealthy folk and much more expensive shops and restaurants as opposed to the more modern parts of the city, where the conditions of the streets were very good and the street corners had a guard at each one. In fact, all around the center, there was at least one guard at each part of the circle around the medieval section where all of the city's roads eventually led to, all converging into 4 large roads that seemed to lead over a moat that was equally as large as the castle itself. It might as well have been a lake. However, the bridges into the castle were currently up, so there did not appear to be any normal way to get to it at the moment. There were guards stationed at every side, so one couldn't force their way in as well. The area around them did have some interesting buildings, however, such as a large cathedral in just on the other side of the medieval circle, and a structure that looked to be a tower with a series of spinning brass globes hovering above it with no visible method of locomotion. They seemed to be orbiting a ring-shaped structure, though it was unknown what exactly they were depicting. The population when getting closer to the medieval circle also seemed to be much larger as the sidewalks were filled with people of a host of different races, though it was clear that they were all from this world most likely. The businesses along the medieval circle seemed to have signs showing what they were: on the modern side, it was lined with several restaurants and bars with outdoor setups and fences to keep people from directly walking onto the road, with the occasional clothing store and even a thrift store. There was also a toy store with a very colorful, whimsical building that looked as though it was made out of balloons tied together, though it was evident that it was likely just an outer shell of some kind as the windows on the facade of the building hinted at it still being a normal stone building on the inside. At the circle's edge, people seemed to be enjoying themselves, most of them looking like they were within the middle or higher classes of the city with clean appearances, while the inner part of the circle seemed to hold the floating cars and the wealthy, who seemed to prefer more archaic appearances over the much more comfortable modern ones. There did not appear to be any robots among the wealthy, but there were several of them among the normal citizens. They seemed to be living normal lives, similar to the humans, but did not have a need to wear clothing; instead, some of them made themselves stand out by having their bodies made of different parts that, though they still had a humanoid appearance, made them look more like war machines.

Penelope followed behind the group, taking in the sights and sounds of the city in awe. She hadn't seen anything like this before; maybe the edges of the city, but certainly not the center! The robots living among people, the host of different races, especially the ones with animal ears, ahhh, it made her want to squeal in joy! But that would make her look really weird, she thought, so she didn't do it. She spotted the toy store as well, letting out a slight gasp at its appearance. It looked so cool! Man, if only she actually lived here, it would've probably been a really nice experience! And the flying cars, oh maaaan, this place was incredible!

66b6207496.png

Penelope: Aaaaah, look at thiiiis! It's like a big ol' treasure trove of stuff! I wish I'd lived here!

44 minutes ago, A person said:

a structure that looked to be a tower with a series of spinning brass globes hovering above it with no visible method of locomotion. They seemed to be orbiting a ring-shaped structure, though it was unknown what exactly they were depicting.

eNLyopx.jpg

That looks Incredible. I wonder what is holding the orbs up? Although if I had to guess...it's magic. Looking at the how this place has effectively combined modern mechanics with these medieval marvels, I'd say Darkflare isn't the only one who takes advantage of both.

fad5Wfs.png

For sure, Light. Those thrift stores seem pretty cool, too. And that toy store is a adorable.

1 hour ago, A person said:

66b6207496.png

Penelope: Aaaaah, look at thiiiis! It's like a big ol' treasure trove of stuff! I wish I'd lived here!

5sbl1hI.png

I guess I'm not the only one who noticed. Hey, Penny! You wanna go to the toy store?

vDEq115.jpg

"After seeing the look of the guards, I guess we shouldn't be surprised the entire city isn't just an old fashioned look."

vDEq115.jpg

"On another note, you guys seem to have gotten over the monster attack from earlier. I'm still a bit shaken up by it."

On 3/11/2020 at 7:22 PM, A person said:

The group would soon find themselves entering into the main stretch of Candor City, where the city's mix of medieval and modern soon became quite obvious. It was almost as if the city had been split by its distinct styles, with the city's center, being where the massive castle was located, having consisted of the medieval townhouses and buildings that also seemed to house more of the wealthy folk and much more expensive shops and restaurants as opposed to the more modern parts of the city, where the conditions of the streets were very good and the street corners had a guard at each one. In fact, all around the center, there was at least one guard at each part of the circle around the medieval section where all of the city's roads eventually led to, all converging into 4 large roads that seemed to lead over a moat that was equally as large as the castle itself. It might as well have been a lake. However, the bridges into the castle were currently up, so there did not appear to be any normal way to get to it at the moment. There were guards stationed at every side, so one couldn't force their way in as well. The area around them did have some interesting buildings, however, such as a large cathedral in just on the other side of the medieval circle, and a structure that looked to be a tower with a series of spinning brass globes hovering above it with no visible method of locomotion. They seemed to be orbiting a ring-shaped structure, though it was unknown what exactly they were depicting. The population when getting closer to the medieval circle also seemed to be much larger as the sidewalks were filled with people of a host of different races, though it was clear that they were all from this world most likely. The businesses along the medieval circle seemed to have signs showing what they were: on the modern side, it was lined with several restaurants and bars with outdoor setups and fences to keep people from directly walking onto the road, with the occasional clothing store and even a thrift store. There was also a toy store with a very colorful, whimsical building that looked as though it was made out of balloons tied together, though it was evident that it was likely just an outer shell of some kind as the windows on the facade of the building hinted at it still being a normal stone building on the inside. At the circle's edge, people seemed to be enjoying themselves, most of them looking like they were within the middle or higher classes of the city with clean appearances, while the inner part of the circle seemed to hold the floating cars and the wealthy, who seemed to prefer more archaic appearances over the much more comfortable modern ones. There did not appear to be any robots among the wealthy, but there were several of them among the normal citizens. They seemed to be living normal lives, similar to the humans, but did not have a need to wear clothing; instead, some of them made themselves stand out by having their bodies made of different parts that, though they still had a humanoid appearance, made them look more like war machines.

Penelope followed behind the group, taking in the sights and sounds of the city in awe. She hadn't seen anything like this before; maybe the edges of the city, but certainly not the center! The robots living among people, the host of different races, especially the ones with animal ears, ahhh, it made her want to squeal in joy! But that would make her look really weird, she thought, so she didn't do it. She spotted the toy store as well, letting out a slight gasp at its appearance. It looked so cool! Man, if only she actually lived here, it would've probably been a really nice experience! And the flying cars, oh maaaan, this place was incredible!

66b6207496.png

"This is all so cool!" Flandre yelled - the medieval aesthetic of Candor's old town was much different from the Scarlet Devil Mansion or the Human Village that she'd seen that one time, to say nothing of the modern architecture of the city. The people with animal ears weren't so interesting - she'd seen plenty of that in Gensokyo. Reisen and Mamizou had both come to the Scarlet Devil Mansion for one reason or another, but Penny thought they were cool!

Raina on the other hand hadn't quite so easily forgotten about what happened earlier. The sights of Candor were a nice sight, yes, but there'd been that monster who had literally appeared out of nowhere in front of the Warrior's Hangout - the guards had mentioned that there had been multiple attacks. If it happened again, could they beat that one? Could they get the civilians out of the way?

6 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"After seeing the look of the guards, I guess we shouldn't be surprised the entire city isn't just an old fashioned look."

vDEq115.jpg

"On another note, you guys seem to have gotten over the monster attack from earlier. I'm still a bit shaken up by it."

"I can't speak for the others, but it's got me worried too," Raina replied, "we beat the last one, yes, but if another shows up, it'd be trouble."

9 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

vDEq115.jpg

2 hours ago, Dumanios said:

"I can't speak for the others, but it's got me worried too," Raina replied, "we beat the last one, yes, but if another shows up, it'd be trouble."

TkIy0Dl.gif

I guess I've become a bit numb to conflict. That sounds harsh, but I've seen so much battle. It's my job. It's my hobby. It's my life. But the reality that these creatures could drop out of literal thin air is fresh in my mind. It's like I said before we left...I'm just trying to relax for a change. It just seems that conflict follows me. Of course...I AM a fighter. So it comes with the territory.

srJ30BM.jpg

Light. You sound as if you actually don't want to fight anymore. You're gonna retire and take up knitting or something? Hahaha!

hMHyDFJ.gif

You got jokes, huh? Heh...don't misunderstand me, Mel. I enjoy fighting. I just don't easily get rattled is my point.

A6xdOZC.jpg

Alright. As long as you don't retire before I can get a piece of yah!

DF252C6.gif

Deal. So what do you guys wanna see first?

vDEq115.jpg

"The way you say that almost makes it seem like you know nothing but fighting, eating and breathing, Light. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a backup hobby just in case you can't fight anymore."

6 hours ago, LightFlare_Da_Realest said:

DF252C6.gif

Deal. So what do you guys wanna see first?

vDEq115.jpg

"If it's all right, perhaps we can coordinate a time and place to meet up. As much as I would like to do some sightseeing, the errand Anna gave me will be in my mind the whole time and I would like to get it done as soon as possible."

5 hours ago, Darkflare said:

vDEq115.jpg

"The way you say that almost makes it seem like you know nothing but fighting, eating and breathing, Light. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a backup hobby just in case you can't fight anymore."

vDEq115.jpg

"If it's all right, perhaps we can coordinate a time and place to meet up. As much as I would like to do some sightseeing, the errand Anna gave me will be in my mind the whole time and I would like to get it done as soon as possible."

hMHyDFJ.gif

Sure. I'll accompany you if you want. Mel and Penny are gonna hang out here anyway. 

LightFlare turns his attention to Raina, Flandre and Sasuke.

DF252C6.gif

How bout you guys?