Basara's WIP Thread: The MFFA Branch Office (now with new projects!!)

Basara-kun

Knock Off Top Half is finally done, and Earthworm Jim is the first to receive this claytality, and all my CF chars now have the required anims to get this done. I post this here since it's still a WIP, Jim will be updated very soon (also working on his Squeeze claytality) as well the others that will have the required anims and even their own renditions of this claytality. Stay claytuned for more :

• 2 weeks later...

Cancelled 2016 ClayFighter be like:
https://streamable.com/u0wvsb

Second preview of Octohead, in normal standards he's practically ready to be released, he has now the FXs, all his moves and supers, but there's a lot to do yet:
-Thinking in his throws (CF2 has none, so they have to be invented)
-Starting with the combo system, only has the Combo Opener and the Combo Breaker available
-Starting with the claytalities too, I got a couple in mind I want to add

Also working on Nanaman, mostly thinking in his supers, I also opted to leave out Dr. Peelgood moves, mostly because they're useless with this char, maybe I should create one new move for him 🤔

And, here's a surprise for you 😉

Spoiler

b7o9e3y.gif

I rechecked out the HoboCop sheet from Extreme beta and maybe it has all the sprites to convert him in a full character, mostly talking about the moves for the game than the basics, the reason I avoided it. Let me see what I can do with this sheet during these months, maybe I got good news for you 😉

More news about Octohead!! 😄
Even when I don't have new shots for you, I can say that the combo system is ready, the only things to do now are the Insane Combos and the Claytalities, which like the half are almost ready (but untested) which are the Launch from MUGEN and the Knock Off Top Half, the anims and the code are there, but I didn't paste them yet 😜

Well, Octohead will be ready sooner than I thought, I still have some work with Nanaman (thinking in his supers and claytalities) and Lockjaw Pooch (I didn't start with his special moves and stuff, sorry). Not to mention I've to make a massive update to my CF chars with the new claytalities and Frosty specifically with their Insane Combos (seeing how to rip that tongue attack)

Oh, and I edited the Streamable link above, now the video can be seen, sorry for that

• 3 weeks later...

New video previews for you, guys!! 😄

Octohead is in process of his Insane Combos and it's ready, if the time allows me, I could release him this week or at least before September ends. Nanaman has less advance, but now has all FX (in process to align them) and supers (2 super versions of his 2 moves plus the one on the video) and starting with his claytalities. I expected to release them both, but Nana will be delayed until October, as well Lockjaw who I did nothing more yet XD

• 4 weeks later...

dan.gifesatomi.gif

OK, I'm gonna take a rest from ClayFighter for now (but not at all, I still have to finish Nanaman) to add these 2 chars to my WIP list: SFA2 Dan Hibiki and Evil Satomi Yajima (based on the Variable Geo OVAs). I'm starting both chars: Dan is in SFF construction and Evil Satomi in AIR construction (I'll use NyanKiryu's Satomi SFF). To get more info about these two, you can see my posts on Guild here: Dan and Evil Satomi, as well I updated the first post with their info 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

CWtxPLX.png

OK, now I got you some advances for my 2 Variable Geo projects: Chiho Masuda (back from the development hell!) and Evil Satomi Yajima (powered by Miranda Jahana!)

1. Chiho Masuda
Getting back on what I made before, he had all basics but a couple of standing punches and that's all. Now she has all punches and kicks, but since I made her SFF from scratch, I'm still adding sprites to her. I'm actually using Sakuraka's Chiho as inspiration right now, I still have to replay VGC (and if I got some more time, AVG2 in my PSX) to get her more, but until now she's 100% playable ATM

5FceYbs.png

2. Evil Satomi Yajima
With her I'm going faster than Chiho since I'm using NyanKiryu's Satomi SFF and I'm making her AIR from scratch. Also she has all basics, all punches and kicks and she's 100% playable, but I'm seeing how to make her different from normal Satomi in poses and other stuff (I have to double voice her and I didn't modify her WAV files yet), but apart of the big portrait, also I made a small portrait to follow the same way than Chiho. And I still have to introduce Miranda sprites on her SFF (you know, like M.Bison cameos on Reu's Evil Ken, you got the idea 😉)

YKF79Ub.png

• 5 months later...

Oh, I got abandoned this thread for so long, sorry 😅 here's a resume of my projects right now:

1. Variable Geo chars

Basically what I said in previous post, still working on Chiho and Evil Satomi, I hope to get more of them in next months, I'll start coding their moves soon (I've to play AVG2 first, you know)

2. ClayFighter chars

I made an edit of Sumo Santa for April Fools (Orochi Sumo Santa), but also I'm still working on Lockjaw Pooch and adding the Knock Off Top Half (aka the cut-in-half claytality) to all most of my other chars, Frosty included, which I've to update along with Sumo Santa, whose will have their own intro vs., also expect news for them soon 😉 

3. Bishamon

I retook this project some months ago and I finally could make the followup moves from Hane Ha (the sword throw), so now I can continue him and make it more than the beta I released of him years ago 😄 

4. SFA2 Dan Hibiki

These are the latest news I got for you:

VbpdUj2.pngdcdISW0.png

Dan now has all his basics, punches and kicks ready, now starting to work on his moves and adding sounds (mostly his voice and replacing the stick sounds from Eagle XD), I've working on him these days so probably you'll get news from him earlier than the others of this list, so wait for something more soon 😉 

A new preview of my Dan, now with sounds!!

I made another video preview before but he has no sounds, now seems more complete, as I said before he has all basics ready and his taunts, now it's time to make his moves (specials and supers) and later the complicated part (Custom Combo and Alpha Counters), and then the sparks and big portrait and that's all. I hope to finish him in a few months, wish me luck 😉 

• 3 weeks later...

kfm1.png

EAT COW!!

It was planned on my head for years, but now finally I can make it true. Yeah, Kung Fu Man 63 1/3 is a reality now and the new WIP I'm working on. He has all basics, punches and kicks (expanded to a 6-button char), all sounds and FX from CF63 1/3 and the best of all: custom sprites to be compatible with all claytalities (cut in half, squish (in the video) and squeeze). Now starting to work in his moves, this will be quick so he could be my next release 😉 

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, time to retake this 😛 my version of Kung Fu Man has been released (I made a thread here), so it's time to moving in my other projects, mostly the ClayFighter ones. Here're the news:

• I didn't mentioned here, but I'm making my own ClayFighter fullgame with all the chars I made, it was just ideas in a beginning but recently I materialize them by starting to make the screenpack and lifebars for 1.0, so expect a beta release very soon 😁
  • After years of trying, finally I got a base for Boogerman, so now I can start with the mass-production sprites so I can deliver the mucus superhero and Jim's rival for MUGEN once for all
  • I'm also going to retake what I left undone in my CF WIPs: Lockjaw Pooch and an Arrange version for High Five. The latter you know it was released, but the dawg I got him with all his basic moves, now making the specials and adding his voices, maybe my next release
  • Planning to update Bad Mr. Frosty and Sumo Santa, those two were kind of unfinished, so I need to make them complete, especially with a special intro between these 2
  • And of course... start with a new ClayFighter to add to the collection, I'm deciding for Helga until now... as well I think I'm gonna make that plan to edit ice to make the CF2 version of Frosty, that will be seen...

And that's all for now, maybe you should know about these ones, or maybe the others, I'm very focused on Dan in my projects apart of CF ones, stay tuned for more news 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

First preview for Lockjaw Pooch

As I said you before, I'm going back to work with Lockjaw Pooch, as you can see in the video, he has all basics done, now I'm starting with his moves and adding him more voices, so he would be my next release (if it's not a major update on Sumo Santa, that will be seen)

• 2 months later...

OK, again I left abandoned this thread, sorry 😅 well, I finally made Helga as well Kangoo which I released them both in last month. Now I'm going full machine to release a beta for my ClayFighter fullgame. These are the things planned for that:

• The roster will be all my released chars until now, with the additions of Lockjaw Pooch (working on him), Kung Fu Man (finished already)... and a surprise character not made by me but updated for the fullgame
  • Also are coming major updates for Frosty and Sumo Santa as well the Arrange ver. of High Five
  • An update on the lifebars, fixed by Habib987874 (who's also helping me with various aspects of the fullgame)
  • And of course, an all-new screenpack which is also my first one, so I'm learning in the way 😛 

Here're the official site as well the official thread in Guild so you can see which are the planned characters and all what I want to do. I'm planning to release a first beta in December, wish me luck 😉 (BTW, all my other projects are frozen until the beta release)

• 3 weeks later...

FxGcgC8.pngHowkJcx.png

Finally I came back to work on Lockjaw Pooch, I made his 3 first moves: Doggie Copter, Collar Throw and Overhead Attack (no photo since the move is easier to do) as well his first palettes, I only kept the p2 from Xandegraf (which is the one from SC) and the rest are original (like the first pic), I played a lot with hue, contrats and bright last night XD

It left a couple of moves to do, then moved in to the supers and later the claytalities... to in the end make his combo system (inexistent in SC) which will be the fun part since I'll make it from scratch. And I leave you a little question: I love Doggie Copter, but I would like to make it an aerial move too... so what do you think??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, I got so abandoned this thread, sorry guys u_u these are my actual advances right now:

1. ClayFighter chars

I just got focused only in CF since I decided to go forward my project of ClayFighter: Infinite Clayfare. Now that I released the Beta 1, I can get easier with this and focus in other projects, but anyway I'll still clay bother you this year anyway =P By now, reworking on Boogerman (making more mass-production sprites) as well adding 2 new projects on the list: Sarge (originally CF2 Hoppy as secret character, but reworking as I did with Ice and Butch) and Kung Pow (editing Some Guy's KP to convert him in one of the IC chars)

2. Dan Hibiki

Talking with my fellow Guild guys in their Discord channel, I got the idea again of rework him. As I said, I just barely have all basics, normal punches and kicks and of course the taunts (being the rolling taunts the only specials I made of him XD), so maybe it's time to finish him once for all so you can get a more accurate Dan for MUGEN (except in clsns, I HATE Capcom's clsns, so don't expect accurate stuff in that department), including poses, damages, movement and all that stuff

3. More SPvTW chars??

Well, with the comeback of Ultra Fatality (sponsored by Ryon) with his SPvTW chars, that makes me reignite my fever for these chars, so maybe I'm gonne rework on Kim Pine (I got barely the basics on her but I didn't nothing more since then) and start Stephen Stills, since I wanted the Sex Bob-Omb in MUGEN made by me since years ago, but I got abandoned the idea until now, so maybe 2023 would be the year to these 3 come finally to MUGEN (or at least one of them) by yours truly 😉 

The others I got there and I hope to get some of them too to show/tell yoiu, but by now, I got these ones on my mind, expect advances of some of them probably just CF stuff soon =D