Gladiacloud's Xmas release: Charizard & Jubilee's mega update

Gladiacloud

4 hours ago, jenngra505 said:

Charizard Feedback: Squirtle's moves do no damage.

waitwhattheydo?
Sigh...y'see, Gladia? This is why I don't do deadlines usually. I overlook certain stuff.
That, and things tend to be bad when they're rushed, and given that I procrastinate often...

8 hours ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

At least it blows that MVC2 edit [...] out of the water...at least, in my eyes.

The MvC2 edit is a different playstyle entirely :L

6 hours ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

That doesn't make sense.
why would anybody want the version without the updates if that's...well, old?

Because it's entirely possible that people preferred the old version. Not everyone's a fan of strikers, after all, nor is everyone adept enough to remove them.

More Charizard feedback:

Sunny Day is a bit OP, I recommend making it cost some power bar.

Flare Blitz does too much recoil damage for the move to be worth using.

cYvmfQm.png

The fact the code name is Lizardon prevents most peoples special intros and winposes against this Charizard or just versions of Charizard in general from triggering.

The strikers are invincible.

1 hour ago, jenngra505 said:

More Charizard feedback:

Sunny Day is a bit OP, I recommend making it cost some power bar.

Flare Blitz does too much recoil damage for the move to be worth using.

cYvmfQm.png

The fact the code name is Lizardon prevents most peoples special intros and winposes against this Charizard or just versions of Charizard in general from triggering.

The strikers are invincible.

1: If me or Gladiacloud were to do that, we'd have to make the other assist moves cost power too, simply due to consistency.

2: Eh, it's supposed to be a "high risk, high reward" kinda move, but perhaps the recoil could be turned down at some point.

3: Well, I did a similar sort of thing for my Jigglypuff (giving them the internal name of Purin) because the normal name is prooobably rigged by some characters to register him as a female. Then again, we have Bridget.
4: Well...one, Dragonrod didn't provide any gethit sprites for Squirtle and Ivysaur, and two, isn't there one fighting game that has unhittable strikers? Vanguard Princess, wasn't it?

1 hour ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

1: If me or Gladiacloud were to do that, we'd have to make the other assist moves cost power too, simply due to consistency.

2: Eh, it's supposed to be a "high risk, high reward" kinda move, but perhaps the recoil could be turned down at some point.

3: Well, I did a similar sort of thing for my Jigglypuff (giving them the internal name of Purin) because the normal name is prooobably rigged by some characters to register him as a female. Then again, we have Bridget.
4: Well...one, Dragonrod didn't provide any gethit sprites for Squirtle and Ivysaur, and two, isn't there one fighting game that has unhittable strikers? Vanguard Princess, wasn't it?

1: Squirtle's Dynamic Punch could also cost power for consistency. (Because they're both heavy versions)

2: The reward doesn't seem that high when Fire Blast does almost as much damage and Seismic Toss does more damage.

3: ...OK I guess, it's easy to fix anyway.

4: Ask Dragonrod for a hurt sprite if you decide you want to make them hittable.

19 minutes ago, jenngra505 said:

1: Squirtle's Dynamic Punch could also cost power for consistency. (Because they're both heavy versions)

2: The reward doesn't seem that high when Fire Blast does almost as much damage and Seismic Toss does more damage.

3: ...OK I guess, it's easy to fix anyway.

4: Ask Dragonrod for a hurt sprite if you decide you want to make them hittable

1: (shrug)

2: It's a command throw. What were you expecting?
...oh wait, you also talked about Fire Blast. Hm...damage nerfs  it is, then.
3: Who knows? Maybe I'll switch them back. Maybe we'll keep it.
4: Definitely one of the things we'll need to do in a future update.

9 hours ago, Dylanius the Kirby said:

Even though MVC2 is four-buttoned and not six-buttoned like it's predecesors?

I'm not comfortable with the 4-button system on the keyboard in MUGEN. If I was using a gamepad, that wouldn't be an issue in my end.

9 hours ago, jenngra505 said:

I thought he was making a custom MVC project.

I am doing a custom MvC project.